IGNORED

Pat Robertson recovering from stroke

47of74

Pat Robertson apparently had a stroke

In an online news release, The Christian Broadcasting Network, which Robertson founded, says he was rushed to the nearest stroke center Friday after a family member recognized the onset of symptoms.

The Virginia-based network says 87-year-old Robertson is alert and expected to make a full recovery.

You'll excuse me if I don't care to waste the energy wishing him a speedy recovery, well wishes, etc etc.

From MSN:
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — Televangelist Pat Robertson is recovering after suffering an embolic stroke.

In an online news release, The Christian Broadcasting Network, which Robertson founded, says he was rushed to the nearest stroke center Friday after a family member recognized the onset of symptoms.

The release says that within minutes of receiving clot-busting drugs, Robertson was awake, responsive and able to move all his limbs.

The Virginia-based network says 87-year-old Robertson is alert and expected to make a full recovery.

In addition to founding The Christian Broadcasting Network, Robertson hosts its flagship show "The 700 Club."

He's a mean spirited mockery of a Christian. 

49 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

He's either at Sentara Norfolk General or Obici in Chesapeake. 

Probably Norfolk General. They have an excellent stroke/heart center there. I want to say darn it, but I'm trying really hard not to wish him ill. It's killing me, though.

(ETA: I don't know a thing about Obici except who it's named for, do they have a good reputation for heart attack/stroke  care?)

26 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Probably Norfolk General. They have an excellent stroke/heart center there. I want to say darn it, but I'm trying really hard not to wish him ill. It's killing me, though.

(ETA: I don't know a thing about Obici except who it's named for, do they have a good reputation for heart attack/stroke  care?)

From what I remember (we moved from Tidewater about 5 years ago) Obici had a pretty good rep for strokes. But yeah, he's probably at Norfolk General (which is a BITCH to get to from the Peninsula). 

ETA: He's 87 years old...a "good outcome" is probably just that he doesn't croak. 

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

From what I remember (we moved from Tidewater about 5 years ago) Obici had a pretty good rep for strokes. But yeah, he's probably at Norfolk General (which is a BITCH to get to from the Peninsula). 

Yeah. It's kind of a bitch to get to from the Beach, too, I had to do it a few years ago to visit a family member. But at least I didn't have to deal with the HRBT traffic, that's the worst:angry-banghead:

Just now, Loveday said:

Yeah. It's kind of a bitch to get to from the Beach, too, I had to do it a few years ago to visit a family member. But at least I didn't have to deal with the HRBT traffic, that's the worst:angry-banghead:

yeah, the choices are HRBT, 264 into downtown Norfolk or M&M to the downtown tunnel...either way, it's a clusterfuck. I'd have rather driven to Richmond. VCU is easier to get to than Norfolk General

The first thing I said was "God really?! that's all you did?!" Then I almost asked for forgiveness but then I was like nahh this asshole gets nothing.

Wherever he's recovering, I hope that the hospital makes sure all personnel on every shift are LGBTQ folks who are uber-competent and that he knows this.

Or women, since I once heard him say on the 700 Club that "nowadays, you have to pay a woman the same as a man, even if she's single and he has a wife and three kids at home. "

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I hope it hit the speech center of the brain. No good wishes, hope for a very slow and bedsore-riddled recovery. 

I was also thinking about his speech. I don't wish him death or extreme pain. But I wish his retirement. And if his speech is affected, then it makes retirement likely.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I hope it hit the speech center of the brain. No good wishes, hope for a very slow and bedsore-riddled recovery. 

I read this as bullet-riddled recovery.  Didn't even faze me.  He deserves a special place in hell.

I hope he lives the rest of his life in obscurity and that no one ever hears from him again. 

4 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Is there a Mrs Pat Robertson? I'd pray for her.

My husband (the second one) had a stroke 2 years ago, he is now paralyzed on right side.  Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  And NO I don't like Pat, met him many years ago and thought  he was smarmy to say the least.

According to him, how many tragedies of others have been a result of God's judgement for (insert sin)? Natural disasters, mass shootings, even stock market fluctuations - you name it, that man has loudly blamed people for bringing misfortune upon themselves.

Which leads me to wonder what Mr. Robertson has been up to lately?

9 hours ago, smittykins said:

Or women, since I once heard him say on the 700 Club that "nowadays, you have to pay a woman the same as a man, even if she's single and he has a wife and three kids at home. "

... and yet I'm guessing that it doesn't upset him that you can't pay a man less than a woman, even if he is single and she has a disabled husband and four kids at home.

9 hours ago, smittykins said:

Another gem was when he said women are most likely atheists because they had bad dads or were sexually abused. Something like that...

As that one Kelly Clarkson song goes “I would never wish bad things but I don’t wish you well.”

I can't wish bad things on a person, I can't stand him but I still don't wish him (or anyone) bad health, etc. However, I do think think that he is disgusting, bigoted, racist, misogynistic, etc. and I hope he does the world a favor and retires into obscurity. I don't see that happening, but that's what I hope he does.

Archived