IGNORED

Dillards 50: The big 5-0!

samurai_sarah

I'm actually kind of confused he used a slideshow like he is giving a lecture to little children? I also agree with the whole wearing a suit while again talking to little children, which shows just how of touch dwreck is when it comes to children. Wouldn't having children, especially around that age for most people I feel like would point out that using a slideshow isn't the greatest way to get a point across.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That retweet.... Where does he get off agreeing with that sentiment when his mom is/was employed and his virile oh-so-hardworking ass is not? Not to mention that he has relied on generous donations from mumsy during his last couple grifting operations.

38 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

If he's anything like me, he probably doesn't know how to interact with kids properly because he just hasn't been around many of them.

Like you know you need to talk and act in a way kids understand, but you have no idea how.

Oh man, I'm exactly the same. My little sister is only two years younger than me. I have younger cousins, but I didn't grow up near them, and the youngest was only about seven years younger than me anyway. No nieces or nephews, no close friends with little kids. I actually like kids, but I feel SO awkward when I have to interact with them! 

I don't think anyone is reading too much into the "nonetheless" part of that caption - that was the first thing I picked up on, and I would have said something had others not. His word choice is consistent and really puts his contempt for children on display. It's such a massive eye-roll to read that caption and then see Derick on twitter, re:Jazz, still going, "I'm for kids!" to angry tweets... BRUH, YOU SURE ABOUT THAT? You've done more things to show you're actively NOT "for" kids than you have anything else --- you're only "for" kids in the sense that you want to procreate and control lots of them. That's about it.

He's trying to make everyone accept this lie that he's some kind of child advocate in between posing for Facebook pictures with his mom celebrating being a Wooden Spoon Survivor and using examples of young children doing things like playing sports as an analogy for something being illogical or hilariously stupid in random twitter fights.  Then he posts some Bible verses about peace and unity when the "you people" he baits into arguments confront him. Of course. Derick loves to gaslight other people to evade accountability for his harmful choices. The pride and arrogance is depressing. Everyone is always just misunderstanding him... somehow! It's never that people have insight he's failing to consider with his shitty talking points, he's not actually interested in discussion and critical thinking, he just wants to impose his self-righteous bullshit and use any negative reactions to his words as fuel for a Christian Persecution narrative.

This dude seriously needs to humble himself. He's not exactly coming across as the "family values" man intending to babysit a quiver, and yet, instead of working on that shit, he's still whining about who has shows on TLC and how persecuted he is for being taken to task in making an actual teenager and her life a centerpiece to his public ranting. 

You can't engage him in honest discussion about this, either, because if he doesn't block you, he accuses you of "liberal distortion" and tries to lie about what he actually tweeted. He can't just admit to his failures, even privately, or just engage honestly about what he said; he instead baits Evil Liberals into getting upset with him online so he can feel persecuted over receiving criticism and get more "Derick Dillard scandal!" headlines. 

39 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh man, I'm exactly the same. My little sister is only two years younger than me. I have younger cousins, but I didn't grow up near them, and the youngest was only about seven years younger than me anyway. No nieces or nephews, no close friends with little kids. I actually like kids, but I feel SO awkward when I have to interact with them! 

We have "bring your kid to work day" around Christmas every year and it's horrific. People with kids can interact with them, I have no idea what I'm doing. I had to hold a baby, I don't know how to hold a baby! It started crying so I managed to give him to an adult with parenting skills.

I'm in a similar cousin situation to you, but now one is a teenager we actually are able to communicate a lot more (though we are very different people). I have a good 10 year gap between them, and I also have cousins 10 years older than me I don't have much of a relationship with.

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Last, but certainly not least, he retweeted this gem:

The Forbes articles is titled "The rate of millennial women choosing to become stay-at-home-moms is on the rise. Bad work-life balance and lack of flexibility may be to blame"

:angry-banghead:

WTF?  Millennials are the first generation of women to be raised by mothers who worked?  I don't think this is a fair statement.  That may have been true for a certain socioeconomic class, but I think there was a sizeable percentage of working mothers throughout the last century.  And for those of us who had working mothers, and for those whose mothers really needed to work to support the family, I doubt that there were any romantic illusions about working. FTR, my mother stayed home when we were very young, but then worked full time.  Both of my grandmothers worked as well. 

I don't know what struck me about this one---of all the other shitty stuff he's said/retweeted---but man, that sounds so fucking entitled. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Dwreck saying "liberals distort everything to fit their agenda" is the funniest thing I've read today.

Self awareness isn't a strong suit of his.  :irony:

lol, WHAT?! Do they really not know that the vast majority of women throughout history have worked, or...? I mean, my grandpa was born in 1939 and his mother worked outside the home. My great-great-great grandmother was born in effing 1850 and she worked! Damn these people are ignorant!

22 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

And for those of us who had working mothers, and for those whose mothers really needed to work to support the family, I doubt that there were any romantic illusions about working. FTR, my mother stayed home when we were very young, but then worked full time.  Both of my grandmothers worked as well. 

I'm GenX. My mom worked. HER mom was a teacher.

My dad's mom worked at a hardware store. HER mom worked as a maid for rich people.

My dad's dad's mom was a teacher.

Our womenfolk WORK, yall.

I find Derick's condescending view of women to be pretty insulting (though not at all surprising - it's right on brand). He's such a misogynist.

This "romantic view of work" take he retweeted sounds like a meltdown over second wave feminism and any middle class women choosing to work out of desire, rather than necessity, like the majority of women have had and continue to have to do (because the world isn't as simple as his apathetic mindhive demands it to somehow be). 

Why a woman is working is none of his damn business, but if Derick's so worried about the kids working mothers are trying to support and raise in the process... he can start listening to those mothers he's inclined to judge and begin advocating for better, more flexible conditions for women who either want to or have to work. Because THAT is what will actually help that hypothetical family he doesn't really give a shit about, rather than shaming women and putting even more barriers in place for future generations to live financially secure lives regardless of any setbacks from men who don't deliver on this bullshit and deeply unrealistic "nuclear family" model.

Somehow, challenging workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, the pay gaps, and fighting for the right for women to stay hired and maintain lucrative careers (or just any job) translates to the willfully ignorant as, "this is the first generation of women to be raised by mothers who work!" :doh: Incredible.  

For someone who pretends to know all of the facts and do his research, Derick sure doesn't know a damn thing about history or the 'diverse' people he claims to Love so much when he can use that to justify depicting a transgender teenager as "unhealthy diversity." His twitter is so embarrassing. 

Can anyone give me recommendations for historical fiction that does not deal with the Tudor/War of the Roses era? I love historical fiction but the vast majority of the ones I read are from that era and am looking for something different. I remember reading a really good one about Helen of Troy but can’t remember the author. 
This is way long ago, but I highly recommend _Lavinia_ by Ursula leGuin. It's a retelling of a poem by Virgil set in ancient Rome from Lavinia's perspective. Absolutely stunning.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Dwreck saying "liberals distort everything to fit their agenda" is the funniest thing I've read today.

Pretty sure that's what you and your cult do Derick. NOT the liberals. 

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm GenX. My mom worked. HER mom was a teacher.

My dad's mom worked at a hardware store. HER mom worked as a maid for rich people.

My dad's dad's mom was a teacher.

Our womenfolk WORK, yall.

Another GenX'er here. My mom worked two jobs for the majority of my childhood. Her mother worked outside the home and my father's mother not only worked, but also owned her own business.

I can only think of one friend from my childhood (so also Gen X) who had a stay-at-home Mom... every other person I can think of had Moms who worked.

4 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

WTF?  Millennials are the first generation of women to be raised by mothers who worked?  I don't think this is a fair statement.  That may have been true for a certain socioeconomic class, but I think there was a sizeable percentage of working mothers throughout the last century.  And for those of us who had working mothers, and for those whose mothers really needed to work to support the family, I doubt that there were any romantic illusions about working. FTR, my mother stayed home when we were very young, but then worked full time.  Both of my grandmothers worked as well. 

I don't know what struck me about this one---of all the other shitty stuff he's said/retweeted---but man, that sounds so fucking entitled. 

Both my grandmas worked. Paternal worked for the state of Rhode Island as a clerk, maternal was a first grade teacher and then an elementary school principal. My mom became an SAHM after my sister was born (a lawyer before that), but still got heavily involved in local politics and volunteerism. 

Derick is a delusional, entitled little shit, and he's one to talk about working mothers when mommy dearest is still coddling her 28-year-old manchild son. 

My mom always always worked. Both my grandmothers always worked, my great-grandmothers and so on and so forth. Tell us Derick who are these women who didn't have to work?       

My paternal grandmother worked in factories to bring home enough money for her kids to live. She had never planned on it, had always expected to be a stay at home parent, and her boys thrived. My father was the first in the family to get to university - the son of an Irish migrant and a working class Londoner. They went to schools where most kids left with no qualifications, the area was dirt poor, both sons now have jobs and families.

A lot of that was thanks to generous government grants at the time, but a lot was also thanks to the huge work ethic his mother and father instilled in him. If Dwreck’s family did not have working mothers until 30 years ago then that says a lot about their privileged class position and not a whole lot about their parenting skills. Even my middle class maternal grandmother went back to work after 7 or so years off. Want to know why, Mr Grifter? Paying a mortgage for most people requires work, not a fundraiser online. And trying to do that on one salary in today’s climate is optimistic for a lot of people, having kids is a sacrifice, and some people have to stay at home when they’d rather not or work when they’d rather not. Funny how it’s the women you’re focusing on here, as usual. Why don’t you get a real job manly man?

Hey, it's great that Derick writes that his family doesn't blanket train! I still wonder if his kids get beaten though, especially since that "funny" wooden spoon surviver picture Cathy posted. 

About praying. I am not an expert but at least in my church it is taught as having a relationship with good and that involves sharing your hopes, dreams, wishes and so on . I mean, I don't always have to tell my husband that I am hungry or tired but I tend to do so anyway, I don't see that as different to telling god about what god already knows. We have a relationship and my input matters to the other person. 

I'm a baby boomer. My mom worked. So did everybody's mom I knew. I'm black though, so that stay at home mom stuff was largely fiction out of financial necessity.

I'm sure he calls blanket training something else so he can technically say he doesn't do it. And even if his fundraiser got taken down for profanity, it still doesn't change the fact that he is a lazy grifter.

My grandmother worked, as did my mom until her brain aneurysm. I worked from the time I was 15 until I had Oldest then on and off as finances dictated and I turn 39 later this year.  Oh and he doesn't blanket train? Anybody dare to post that pic of Izzy swaddled and screaming and ask him to explain? And I love how now he says he was targeting the network and not Jazz personally, yet he directly linked to her and not TLC themselves. Ugh Derick is a moron who has no idea what he's talking about.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived