IGNORED

Dillards 50: The big 5-0!

samurai_sarah

Sooo many books, so little memory on my tablet. I'm going to have to find my other one and recommission it so I can down load onto there as well.

I tend to buy off Amazon since I have to travel 100 km to the West part of Montreal Island to get any decent amounts of English books. And even then they tend to be the newest best sellers. Trying to get anything unusual is very hit and miss.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how Wanker said he wasn't watching football because of kneeling, then starts tweeting about the Superbowl

My book queue is long, very long. I am currently readings La Storia, Fire and Fury, Minimalist Living and Salvage the Bones (all simultaneously).

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

My book queue is long, very long. I am currently readings La Storia, Fire and Fury, Minimalist Living and Salvage the Bones (all simultaneously).

Damn. I was hoping the underlines were hyperlinks. lol

I can't stop lol'ing at his mess of a twitter account. It's  perfect example of the stereotypical white Christian male. 

I've mentioned it on FJ before but America's First Daughter is about Patsy Jefferson and her childhood/husband's family. It's very engaging, and tells the stories of several women including Sally Hemings. 

(And plug for the Laura Ingalls Wilder books if you've never read them!)

One of my favorite children's books is King of Shadows, about a modern day youth actor who switches places with a boy in Shakespeare's Company. Great quick read.

@neurogirl I love King of Shadows! It is somehow a much bigger book than you'd expect. A great story and very vividly evokes the period in what is really quite a short text. I like to re-read it frequently as an adult.

still feeling like an uneducated hick...maybe I need to attempt to widen my horizons. I'm almost out of memory on my tablet though. Any suggestions?

Soooo, I went to the bookstore and picked up The All Souls Trilogy. It's a beautiful boxset and now I am set for reading for a little bit. I'm reading the Autumn Throne and am sparing it along. 

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

still feeling like an uneducated hick...maybe I need to attempt to widen my horizons. I'm almost out of memory on my tablet though. Any suggestions?

Wolf Hall by Hillary Mantel is a favourite of mine and really brought the early part of Henry VIII’s reign alive for me. It’s the first in a trilogy, though the third book isn’t due to be published until next year

4 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Wolf Hall by Hillary Mantel is a favourite of mine and really brought the early part of Henry VIII’s reign alive for me. It’s the first in a trilogy, though the third book isn’t due to be published until next year

I can get them on kindle for 10 bucks each...gonna give the first one a shot once I wade through the books I have going now. 

A new Instagram post from Jill.

I don’t share her taste in reading material but I am slightly impressed she managed to read 2 chapters today with two wee ones. When mine were that age I didn’t have the concentration even if I could find the time lol

On 2/5/2018 at 11:26 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

I love how Wanker said he wasn't watching football because of kneeling, then starts tweeting about the Superbowl

Yea, caught that. We can't expect logic and reason from him I suppose. 

Why do I suspect that The Story of Reality is not, in fact, the story of reality?

16 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Why do I suspect that The Story of Reality is not, in fact, the story of reality?

Because the Dillards really don't live in the real world? :P 

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Soooo, I went to the bookstore and picked up The All Souls Trilogy. It's a beautiful boxset and now I am set for reading for a little bit. I'm reading the Autumn Throne and am sparing it along. 

I hope you  love it. Vampires witches, damons, time travel, romance. They are making it into tv/ movie/streaming type show right now. 

K. Jill really needs to stop hashtagging #besthubbyever and #bestpapa. If she loves Derick then great. But playing with your kid does not make you #bestpapa. It just means you’re a dad like all the other dads in the world who play with their kids. Except that the wives of all the other dads don’t hashtag #bestpapa when they do it. Because it’s not a rare occurrence. IT’S WHAT DADS DO!

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Until I watched the video, I spent a good two minutes trying to figure out what #carraces are.

#jesuslovesthemall

Oh my Rufus.

I thought it was just Spanish or another language I don't know!!!

9 hours ago, JillyO said:

Until I watched the video, I spent a good two minutes trying to figure out what #carraces are.

#jesuslovesthemall

I assumed it was the plural of some Spanish/Latin American food called "carraz" :my_angel:

Didn't realise until your post what it actually means lol !

Can't really snark on that video, Izzy seems to be having a blast (and he is getting so big!!!). But yeah, enough with the best papa awards already :pb_rollseyes:

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived