IGNORED

Dillards 50: The big 5-0!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if they were serving at a church function, why in the hell did they have Izzy and Sam there?  It wasn't a church family function! They were supposed to be photographing the kids! Instead, they were letting Izzy roll around on the floor, and Sam and his stroller were taking up space! They have a zillion babysitters. They should have used one.

If you're talking about the Tebow Foundation event, the children were part of the "paparazzi" for the evening. Every video from every Tebow event -nationwide- that I've seen included LOTS of children. It's important for children to be included in these types of events. 

At my church when night functions or night masses occur the nursery is opened and church ladies or youth group kids watch the children. Most likely something similar occurred here. 

Oh man where to start.

The SAHM article. The women aren't choosing to stay at home if circumstances are forcing them to. The article is suggesting that lack of work life balance, flexibility, money, etc are all causes. It's not a choice if your job doesn't allow time off to take your kids to the doctor or other parent things.

As for the Pearls, this is a man who joked and bragged about being beaten with a spoon as a child. I don't believe a word out of his mouth with regards to how he is raising those poor children.

Of course this will all go as it always does. Cathy will jump in telling everyone to stop being mean to her Large Adult Son and then Jill will post about how she has the bestest husband ever because he, oh idk, took out the trash after a day of not doing anything. Then the whole cycle will start again.

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

... then Jill will post about how she has the bestest husband ever because he, oh idk, took out the trash after a day of not doing anything. Then the whole cycle will start again.

What do you mean he didn't do anything?! Don't you see his PHONE in the photos?! He's PERSECUTING HIMSELF and fighting You People for the CHRISTIAN WARS /s :2wankers:

Not defending deserve to get dickslapped Derick, but my mum is Gen X, and neither her mum nor any of her friend's mum's worked. All SAHMs. My mum is from a white middle class background, maybe that plays a role. 

I don't know how childcare is in the US, but in the UK some mums are forced to stay at home because they can't afford childcare, and it is financially better for them to stay at home. That might be why millennials are staying at home. 

I hope to work not because I have to, but because I want to, want to have an exciting job. Feel so sad that all the fundie girls just happen to want to stay at home. Yeah, right. 

I find it hard to believe they don’t blanket train, but even if that’s true, I’m sure they are partaking in other ways of making their sons less “willful”—like, swaddling them well past the age that a baby should be swaddled. Or hitting them with giant wooden spoons, which they seem to be so proud of. He really manipulates language to make himself seem innocent at every turn, whether he even realizes this or not. 

As for “not knowing” what the Pearls book says about child abuse—that’s because the Pearls obviously don’t refer to their “training” as child abuse. Surely he knows what they have to say about “training.” His siblings-in-law and possibly his own wife were raised that way. The Pearls are speakers at his sister-in-law’s family’s camp, for godsakes. Even if he’s never read the book, he damn well knows who the Pearls are and what they advocate. 

22 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I don't know how childcare is in the US, but in the UK some mums are forced to stay at home because they can't afford childcare, and it is financially better for them to stay at home. That might be why millennials are staying at home. 

I plan on going back to work after baby #1, but after #2 unless something changes drastically with our finances it will make more sense for me to stay home.  Childcare for 2 kids will take up over 1/2 of my paycheque, especially because my husband and I both work in jobs where the average day is 10-12 hours.  Most daycares in my city are 7-5, we work 7-6 (on average) so there would be an additional premium to have 'after hours' care.  

4 hours ago, artdecades said:

Cathy will jump in telling everyone to stop being mean to her Large Adult Son

But Cathy needs to protect her baby....is he even 300 months yet?! lol

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

And if they were serving at a church function, why in the hell did they have Izzy and Sam there?  It wasn't a church family function! They were supposed to be photographing the kids! Instead, they were letting Izzy roll around on the floor, and Sam and his stroller were taking up space! They have a zillion babysitters. They should have used one.

Maybe they think the children make them more likeable / appealing?

My mom is was stay at home but helped take care of my younger cousins and ailing grandparents.  She also volunteered around my school. 

Both my grandmothers worked, my great aunt was a teacher.  

All my cousins and I went to college and are doing just fine. 

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Maybe they think the children make them more likeable / appealing?

It ain't working. And to the poster who said that kids are welcome at Tebow events, I only saw Izzy and Sam. That's why I wondered.

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

But Cathy needs to protect her baby....is he even 300 months yet?! lol

Yes! He’s actually 347 months old.   348 when he turns 29 next month. So, Cathy sweetie, I know it’s hard, but cut the goddamn cord already!

I can't even have a conversation about that dickhead dereck 

Fuck you Derdick. People like you make Christ puke.  Go walk in front of a fast moving bus!

How can Derick post that article without female college students, who are investing in their education, wanting to slap him????

He is taking a big shit on working women yet is attempting to appeal to college students. He’s in the wrong market.

He really needs to fuck off. I can’t take his condescending posts anymore. He is just like Lori A.

34 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

He is taking a big shit on working women yet is attempting to appeal to college students. He’s in the wrong market.

I don't think there's a market left he hasn't offended

My mom worked from home, which was lucky.  Her mother worked night shifts while brining up 4 kids.  All 3 of my aunts work/worked.  My dads' mom lived on a farm from birth.  She got married at 13 and started working on her husbands farm nearby (up at dawn to make biscuits for the workers, love that story).  She was a farm wife until they sold their second farm and retired.  Her daughter worked passed retirement age.  Her daughter works.  I would work if I were able bodied.  

tl;dr there are more workers then not in my maternal lines. 

I believe Derrick when he says he never read the Pearls' book. We have to remember, unlike Austin, he wasn't raised fundy. I know Cathy's wooden spoon post appalled all, but I wonder if that's a true reflection of what goes on in the home. You know how they say couples who are always posting on FB about how happily married they are, really are considering divorce? And those who never mention each other on FB are happily married? The Duggars never mention physical discipline, but we know they used the Pearls. Perhaps Cathy only used a wooden spoon say a couple times a year (unlike the Pearls' constant beatings) and now she's all boasting about it to make herself sound conservative. With how joined at the hip she is with Derrick, I just don't see her beating on him everyday as a child. The Duggars did beat on their children every day and you can see how distant they are from their kids.
    Blanket-training and beating on kids daily would come more naturally to a person who was raised fundy, imo.

My mom worked from home when we were little, and is now working towards her MBA. All 6 of my aunts work. My maternal grandmother had a job in a school office, while my paternal grandma was a secretary in the CIA. When she became pregnant she handed in her letter of resignation, which included a request for an autograph from the president. Eisenhower pulled through, and his signed photo sits in her kitchen :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes! He’s actually 347 months old.   348 when he turns 29 next month. So, Cathy sweetie, I know it’s hard, but cut the goddamn cord already!

Gosh! Awww they grow up so fast don't they? Seems like just yesterday he was a lil' virgin running around in his Pistol Pete costume.

He may not have sat down and read TTUAC but he damn well knows who the Pearls are and what they preach. He's just taking after mommy dearest.

w2iRH4E.jpg

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He may not have sat down and read TTUAC but he damn well knows who the Pearls are and what they preach. He's just taking after mommy dearest.

w2iRH4E.jpg

I don't know. Being familiar with the Pearls would mean he actually cared enough about parenting to take the time to research (abusive) parenting methods. He seems more into culture wars and saving souls.

I'm a GenXer and my mom worked because she wanted to, her mom worked as a nurse because she wanted to at 1st and because she had to when my grandfather became ill and was unable to. My dad's mom did not work, because she didn't have to as my grandfather made more than enough money to support the 3 of them. I did not work when my kids were young, because I HATED being in daycare myself.  I couldn't bear the thought of someone else getting all the time with my kids, I wanted it, I didn't want to pay someone to enjoy that time.  I stayed home for 8 years and my kids remember almost nothing of it, but I remember all of it and it was worth every cent we lost by me not working.  

Let me add that this was MY choice, I'm a feminist and an important the key to feminism is being able to CHOOSE your life, for example choose to work, or to stay home, then not looking down on women making a different choice than you did. 

11 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

If you're talking about the Tebow Foundation event, the children were part of the "paparazzi" for the evening. Every video from every Tebow event -nationwide- that I've seen included LOTS of children. It's important for children to be included in these types of events. 

Is that event legit? Because I get the vibe that it might be essentially a disabled kids freakshow to help sorority girls feel good about themselves/fill their community service hours with minimal effort, with a side of indoctrinating cognitively disabled kids into fundamentalist Christianity. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived