IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 6: Two Left Limping Along

Coconut Flan

58 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

FWIW, I think Charlotte's instagram rant is probably another poor business decision. 

It really was because anyone who comes here looking to see how awful we are will also see the massive problems with their current MLM scam

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Could we possibly be talking about the large influx of new members just a day or so ago?  I doubt it was the repeat of Joe's wedding that was the draw.

Seriously?  We got a surge? :laughing-rolling:

Joe aside, if Derick Dillard, Jill Rodrigues, or the Nauglers haven't done anything spectacularly stupid in the last couple of days - it could actually be Charlotte's rant.

Oh, yes, there was a big spike - enough for me to utter an exclamation out loud.  I don't think Derick or Jill went out of their norm although there was a bit of Naugler news that could have contributed a couple new members. 

Hello to anyone who found us through Charlotte's rant. :greetings-wavingyellow: I promise we won't try and sell you overpriced oils. We aren't even pushy about our deity Rufus. Though if you want to donate I've been called to start a printing ministry to share the glorious news of our Deer One. :moose: (this is a moose, but whatever)

You know I actually had not thought about these girls until I logged into FJ for the first time in several days just now. So no I don't fear you girls. In fact mostly I don't think about you two at all. 

2 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

You know I actually had not thought about these girls until I logged into FJ for the first time in several days just now. So no I don't fear you girls. In fact mostly I don't think about you two at all. 

I don't know, I for one am terrified of them. I lie awake at night, afraid that tapping sound I hear might be them picking the lock to my apartment, sneaking in to leave essential oils under my pillow and convince me to leave my sinful heathen life of independent single womanhood. Though I'm sure my dad would be THRILLED to learn that I was moving in with him and making him responsible for all my major life decisions, including my romantic life and marriage prospects - oh, and I won't be working or going to school, goodness no, I'll be blogging about skinny jeans and fretting about yoga and wasting thousands of dollars of his money on a pyramid scheme. Come to think of it, maybe my dad should be afraid of the Boyer sisters.

I thought that Charlotte's humble-brag about how high the Boyers were ranked on FJ was pretty funny (hint, Charlotte: nobody we snark on is "winning" an imaginary popularity contest). Then I got to the part about how we were all afraid of her, and thought that that may just be the most entertaining thing she'd ever said. How desperate for attention do you need to be in order to expose your family's presence on FJ to a bunch of kids who just write "yaasssss" on your weekly posts?

At that point, I was pretty sure that I'd maxed out my Charlotte Boyer nonsense tolerance for the day, but then BAM!!! She started a new instagram account for her fucking hair

So now I feel like I just really need to formally thank her for all of the joy she brought into my life this week. 

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Seriously?  We got a surge? :laughing-rolling:

Joe aside, if Derick Dillard, Jill Rodrigues, or the Nauglers haven't done anything spectacularly stupid in the last couple of days - it could actually be Charlotte's rant.

I am one of the new joins! However, I have been lurking since about 2009/2010ish. It's been neat watching FJ grow :)

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Though if you want to donate I've been called to start a printing ministry to share the glorious news of our Deer One. :moose: (this is a moose, but whatever)

I sometimes think that Rufus can assume many forms... 

:pb_wink:

6 hours ago, roadkill_deity said:

I am one of the new joins! However, I have been lurking since about 2009/2010ish. It's been neat watching FJ grow :)

:text-welcomewave:  I'm glad you finally joined us.

8 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Charlotte edited her post! No more mention of Free Jinger, just "Gossip forum"....

I wish she would take more of our business advice.    ;)

2 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Charlotte edited her post! No more mention of Free Jinger, just "Gossip forum"....

Haha, she couldn't possibly redirect people here! We make too many good points about MLMs and how their business doesn't make sense. 

Well we are mentioned in the comments so fj is not totally erased. Glad you did take some of our advice to heart Charlotte. 

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Well we are mentioned in the comments so fj is not totally erased. Glad you did take some of our advice to heart Charlotte. 

Someone said: "I feel so sorry for those Free Jinger girls, how unhappy must they be to tear down innocent people..." or something to that effect.

They are SO sanctimonious and holier-than-thou I just can't stand it.

Also Charlotte, let's be honest, you decided to make a post about this so you could get sympathy/recognition make yourself feel better, and reassure your ego.....but of course you'd never admit that.!

I don't fear them. I hurt for them. I was raised just like them. I was them, buried in the mindnumbing depression of boredom of that life. 

Go take some classes, girls. Take photography classes, floral design, join the master gardeners, take local community classes do something so you don't stagnate. Pick up a new hobby. Run 5Ks, join book clubs. hold premi babies, volunteer at the animal shelter. Go and live. This is stuff I wish I could've done more and been allowed to do more of when I was in your shoes. 

I am wondering that if they do ever marry and leave, how they'll feel about being SAHM

Honestly, once I left and got married and had new opportunities open up to me, and started trying to heal and processing how my first 29 years were a total waste, the thought of having kids and spending the NEXT 20 years caring for them and invested in them, and then not having time or money to grow, live, go on adventures and invest in myself until my 50s, just really makes me want to die inside. I know that sounds so awful and selfish. 

@EowynW I don’t think you sound selfish and awful at all. You have every right to make your choices in your life. There is nothing selfish in choosing a child free life. 

24 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Honestly, once I left and got married and had new opportunities open up to me, and started trying to heal and processing how my first 29 years were a total waste, the thought of having kids and spending the NEXT 20 years caring for them and invested in them, and then not having time or money to grow, live, go on adventures and invest in myself until my 50s, just really makes me want to die inside. I know that sounds so awful and selfish.

There is absolutely NOTHING selfish about not wanting children. Selfishness only comes into it when the children already exist. It's tragic to me how many women are made to feel selfish about not wanting children. How it could possibly be selfish to decide not to procreate is beyond me. Having children is not a requirement, a rule, or a law. I think choosing to not have children when you know that you really don't want them is the opposite of selfish.

@EowynW, your story is the exact opposite of selfish.  You and your spouse are the only ones who can decide the right path for yourselves, and I hope you continue to feel confident of your choices. Having children is indeed a choice, one that should never be taken lightly or made to please someone else. 

@Botkinetti and @singsingsing, I wanted to like your posts about a hundred times. 

1 hour ago, Feministe9000 said:

Someone said: "I feel so sorry for those Free Jinger girls, how unhappy must they be to tear down innocent people..." or something to that effect.

There's a good part of the problem right there.  They see us as girls and think of themselves as girls.  Most of us here are fully actualized women not children (girls).   Many of us have lived quite full lives and know from the end of decades of life experience how far short they are allowing themselves to live. 

Ah goodness, now we have more pseudoscience BS in today's IG story, about certain organs holding different emotions. Like... I'm sorry Jessica, but you're not making a strong case for these oils working, if those emotions are still so prevalent in your life. 

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

There's a good part of the problem right there.  They see us as girls and think of themselves as girls.  Most of us here are fully actualized women not children (girls).   Many of us have lived quite full lives and know from the end of decades of life experience how far short they are allowing themselves to live. 

In their inner hearts, one of the thoughts that they dare not allow themselves to think, is “Is this the abundant life Jesus promised? Why does it feel so barren and stifling?”

If I'm going through a tough time in my life where I'm feeling really depressed or bad about myself or whatever, I'm actually far less likely to be participating in FJ and other forms of social media. Absolutely nothing about the Boyer sisters' lives appeals to me, and I feel sad for them. If I were sad myself and wanted to do something to make myself feel better, discussing a couple of bored, ignorant young women and their weird beliefs and MLM schemes would not even be on my radar. The only way discussing the Boyer sisters would make me feel better would be if I saw them doing something to improve their minds and their lives. That would be cause for celebration!

1 hour ago, Jhamishwat said:

Ah goodness, now we have more pseudoscience BS in today's IG story, about certain organs holding different emotions.

Jessica: Hippocrates is calling - he wants his medical theories back.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived