IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 6: Two Left Limping Along

Coconut Flan

I think their main problem is that they are bored. I don't get why they would need to stop going to different reenactment events and stop singing because Brigid got married. if Brigid cannot come with them why can't they do it on their own? I mean, at the very least singing in nursing homes must be fundie approved. If they had something like that perhaps they would be happier. I also think a college course even online might be something that might make them happier and more alive. I mean, their lives really should not be over just because their sister got married. Even for a fundie this is just too much. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing I keep thinking of is, if being a wife and mother is their only viable goal, in what capacity are their parents helping them achieve this?  

Granted, I know nothing of their social lives, but if they truly have a reasonably wide circle of friends or are active in church, then they should have ample opportunities to meet potential mates. But their blog posts say otherwise; they give the impression that they are cloistered at home and moping. 

Of course I don’t agree that marriage and children should be their only life choice, but their parents seem to have drilled it into their heads, yet they still don’t seem to be doing anything to help their daughters reach this (narrow-minded) goal. It’s like they gave up after one shot; Levi left, so sorry Jess, you’re done. Why aren’t Mr and Mrs B doing more to help them meet more potential husbands?  I really hope i’m wrong here, but on the surface it looks like mom and dad failed them twice—once for not giving them any non-marriage options, and again for not helping them find mates.  

I’m increasingly wondering that Brigid met Gabe and married him *despite* her parents’ efforts, not because of them.  

(I hope this all made sense; it’s kind of a vague thought on my head, so I hope I articulated it properly)

It's very tempting for me to try and correct you guys because 80% of the theories here are just bunk. But I promised not to share details about the Boyers so I must not.

I think the sadness of the blog has more to do with the fact that they've moved on from it and the whole vintage and sewing thing was Brigid's domain so trying to update with a new post feels like a chore and sets the mood of the writing.

@GabeAs usual your thoughts are welcome and I hope Brigid and your baby are thriving. 

They should shutter the blog. It makes them look super sad and obviously brings them no joy anymore.  Just update your friends and family on a private Facebook profile instead. 

If they’ve moved on from the blog then why do they continue to half heartedly carry on with it?

The dirndl is amazing, btw Gabe. You have tremendous skill. I love Brigid’s new blog.

@Gabe if they are doing all these amazing non boring things why don’t they blog about it?

Why do you feel the need to jump in and defend them? If they were upset, they are perfectly capable of defending themselves.

I believe you believe we are wrong, but don’t think we are wrong. Are they even capable of identifying and expressing negative emotions? Have they been taught to have a cheerful countenance all the time?

Saw Brigid pop up on my Instagram feed today... there's a new post from her on her Brijee Patterns blog.

@Gabe, your craftsmanship is brilliant. Quite a superb job on that dirndl! That red piping is just the perfect little accent!

This heathen trollop is glad to read married life and motherhood and continuing creative pursuits are treating Brigid so well. 

If only her sisters could could catch a whiff of her happiness... 

11 hours ago, catlady said:

excellent point, @acheronbeach.  if they have no real interest in the blog and it doesn't represent them, then why bother with it?

Expectations. Not parental pressure just the fanbase. 

The fan base can cope without observations on Dressing Your Truth and propaganda from Young Living.

I’m really glad and greatful that I knew about the blog when it was in its prime. I so enjoyed seeing the sewing projects and getting an insight into a lifestyle that is so far removed from my own.

Hope chests and covenant rings would be unacceptable in my culture, but it was clearly evident how solemnly the girls took part in these traditions. I have never ceased to marvel at the different ways people go about their lives. 

So, thank you to the Boyer Sisters for all that you have achieved in the blogosphere! Perhaps if you were to quietly walk away you would have more energy for projects you’re truly passionate about. 

I would stick around to read about that.

7 hours ago, Gabe said:

So the fan base is ok with a blog that is open to such massive misinterpretation? I genuinely don’t understand; I know you rightfully don’t want to share anything J&C would consider private, but I hope you can explain at least a little. 

And i’m in complete agreement with everyone else on Brigid’s dirndl; it’s fabulous!!

I have not talked to J and C about the blog in almost a year when it was "shut down"

I just know that what they do now, has less to do with the blog, and rather than change the blog drastically it has stagnated.

I have never been in contact with their fan base but I am assuming J&C keep posting once or twice a month for the sake of old times. Brigid really was the heart and soul of sewing, singing and vintage/historical fashion, it was her that bent the other girls in that direction not a top-down order from parents.

When she left, the fire and inspiration for those topics decreased and the girls became occupied with their other pursuits.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:23 PM, refugee said:

Or they’re so completely brainwashed they can’t imagine anything else. The world outside is “evil” and leaving the fundie bubble might feel to them somehow like a kind of death.

That is very possible.  They have heard from birth what their roles are and they probably could not even imagine themselves as anything else. They may have wondered but not want to admit that their may be another life out there for them.  They probably both have severe self-doubt and extreme fear of the "outside world" even though they may act like they think they are superior.  Frequently, people with inferiority complexes will act like they think they are so much better than everyone else.  It's a way of coping.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:23 AM, Gabe said:

They must be doing something in their lives that they enjoy and that would be appropriate to share with their fans.  Honestly, if people are still following then it's not for the vintage fashion or makeup, it's because they just like the Boyer Sisters.  I'm sure they'd be happy with Jessica and Charlotte sharing whatever's bringing them joy right now, even if it's something totally unrelated to their previous stuff - gardening!  Judo! Working at Starbucks!  Meditation that doesn't have overtones of pagan ideology!  

Okay, maybe I'm being a little silly, but you catch my drift.  Usually people are pretty happy to blog about what is making them happy.  

Maybe they're just so used to the blog that it's become habit now for them?  I just don't know why they are still at it, at least, in the way they are currently posting.  

Does anyone else follow B well on instagram?

Jessica posted something really odd about anger in her liver and how she magically cured it with essential oils. 

8 hours ago, Jeronimo said:

Jessica posted something really odd about anger in her liver and how she magically cured it with essential oils. 

Right. Because in their culture, there’s no way to work out anger in a healthy way. It has to be magicked away.

(Gabe: this is not “bunk”—we used to live in that culture.)

Poor girl.

On 2/3/2018 at 10:23 AM, Gabe said:

The blog sounds depressing. They didn't build a fan base shilling snake oil and weird "dressing your truth" bullshit, so why continue it? I? If the blog is a chore that makes them unhappy, they should drop it. 

Can you answer if their family would be okay with them moving out, going to college and starting a career? Or is that off the table?

Hey, at least we are getting it right 20% of the time. 

*They lied about the yoga stuff. You know that, we know that, and they know that. I know that you aren't going to address anything about them and I understand why, but really, they lied and should be ashamed. If they will blatantly lie about something like that, it makes me wonder what else they are lying about. *

11 hours ago, Jeronimo said:

I had to check it out and wow....that was just insane. She had a lot of anger stored in her lived, used a oil for three weeks and it was gone. OK... 

OK, I had to so see the angry liver Instagram story for myself. Apparently when we experience a negative emotion, our brain stores the emotion somewhere in our body. Jessica experienced some anger and it went into her liver. She used (???) some "Release" oil and 3 weeks later she had an emotional breakthrough. She is willing to tell you how to cure all your negative emotions with the power of essential oils.

I believe Instagram stories disappear after a day, so you only have the next hour or so to see "The Angry Liver".

I take their recent talk of "rebranding" as they got tips on how to get more views/likes on Instagram.

so maybe my left kneecap gets angry at me and thus dislocates itself.  yeah, that's it; i'll just keep saying that my patellae store anger and that the solution is Diet Pepsi Essential Oil.  yeah, peppermint oil will keep that little bugger in place on the front of my knee joint.  problem solved!  

how do i get this information to the Journal of the AMA?

ETA:  my real anger goes away just fine by dropping a few hearty F-bombs now and then.  works for me, anyway.

Remember ladies and gents, it's not necessarily about the actual emotion that she was storing up... just that she used a EO blend that retails for $51.64 ($39.25 wholesale), and you can too! 

Oh, and hey...if you don't have anger residing in your liver, you can get rid of all your feelings in whatever random organ they're stored in with the Young Living Feelings kit! (Retail $238.16, Wholesale: $181.00)

Yeah, Gabe kinda nailed it, the blog does seem like a chore. I loved the vintage aspect (I'm a vintage lover myself) and the sewing (though I can't sew a stitch, I prefer knitting) and now that it's gone, the blog is just... blah. The occasional post about feeling sad interspersed with scams and snake-oil... the joy and creative drive that Brigid provided is gone. There's not really a vision, drive, motivation, no theme. It isn't a blog about vintage things anymore, or about singing, or about sisterhood. It's a blog about nothing. Do readers really enjoy reading a blog with no joy, no passion, no love behind it? I wouldn't, but that's my own perspective, and I'm sure others feel differently.

Also, Jessica. Girl. I ended a relationship, got over it, and am almost a year into a new one in the time she's kinda still blogging about hers. This isn't a reflection on her, per se- I think her parents didn't prepare her for healthy adult relationships and coping mechanisms. So, they failed her, in that way. She needs a hobby. Maybe one interesting enough to drive the blog.

Sweet dirndl.

I still empathise with Jessica. Her whole life was geared towards ensnaring Prince Charming and becoming a sweet proverbs 31 wife and mother. Then Levi disappointed her and she was in no way prepared for it not to work out. 

Her parents most likely didn’t see it coming either. The unfortunate thing is that she had no resilience to withstand the shock. She’s still bringing it up all the time!  

I wonder if he’s married someone else by now.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived