IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

Everywhere I look today, I am thinking about Joe Kennedy III's words last night about false dichotomies - and no where more than with Lori's posting of Debi Pearl's list.

"25 ways to respect him"  Starts with a big fat, false dichotomy:  Choosing Joy is set up as a choice of not expressing true emotions to one's partner - yet - is this not a form of lying and being insincere in one's heart?  God is big enough to handle my emotions.  And, so is my husband.  In fact,  my husband knows that I respect him enough to let him in to what I'm thinking and feeling, and therefore  he is able to trust that my happiness in genuine.  

And what the heck kind of definition are they using for "respect"?

So to Lori and her ilk I would say today: I choose both - I choose both Joy and expressing the gamut of my emotions with my husband.  Because only when I do this am I free to be joyful instead of manipulative.  

Pretending to feel happy or being false about one's emotions IS a manipulation of one's partner.  In fact - this whole list is about manipulating your husband -   It beings with lying to yourself and your husband by hiding your thoughts from one another.  This separation is the hallmark of sin - from the garden of Eden, according to the Bible.  And one of the 10 commandments is "thou shall not lie" - restatements of this command appear way more often in Scripture, so maybe, just maybe, God thinks that that concept is the place to start.

And surprisingly (not to me), this is actually in line with mental health professionals relationship advice.  

(rant over) - Lori's hypocrisy really pushes my buttons. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inquiring minds want to know- what's Lori doing with her passive aggressive bullshit notebooks after they are full of doodles?

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Such big leaps in logic..... 

image.png

Sorry, Sarah, snipping your great commentary to snag the picture.

i just wanted to point out that while everyone is successfully arguing against the big lies about Biblical tradition, that leaves the little lie to worm into the readers' mind:

"...He would have needed a number of women to equal the men in His inner circle, as our own anti discrimination laws demand."

There is no such law. This is a flat out lie meant to poison political discourse while it's poisoning religious discourse. 

Lori and encouragement? Or not rushing to judgement for that matter is just not something that happens with her. I try to stay open minded with her. I never want to get to a point where I don't see truth when it's given, even if I don't like the person. However, I don't think I've ever read anything from her and felt encouraged. On the other hand, I'm reading through the devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I find it extremely encouraging despite the fact that Lori hates on Sarah Young. 

Lori's latest.

5a72612f8391f_ScreenShot2018-01-31at4_36_17PM.png.336fed8a1852241acb10be1bda8ff593.pngAnd just so you know, I'll say it again!  I have not lost an ounce of sleep over this!!

Just because I asked women in my prayer group to review my book without having read it does not mean my low ratings are affecting my life at all!!  I am HAPPY!!  HAPPY!!  You get that?? HAPPY!!  Nothing bothers me at all and I sleep well and soundly all night long because I know Jesus is in my heart.  I can't help it if he isn't in the negative reviewer's hearts!!!  That's their problem.  I'll just go along being my eternally HAPPY self!!!

Once again...I am HAPPY!!!

ETA... And by the way, Lori, you lying bitch, you're book has 2.5 stars as of today, not the 3 you put up there!

5a7268b0ca368_ScreenShot2018-01-31at5_07_59PM.png.cf9c90d0f9d072d5015e591e95e1212a.png 

Methinks Lori doth protest way, WAY too much about those negative reviews she's getting.  :my_dodgy:

And how does she know these women haven't read her book? Maybe some of them borrowed it from someone who bought it. Or maybe they found it on the shelf at their local library (doubt it, but there is a wide variety of titles on library shelves; something for everyone, amirite? ). Or the thrift store, which is where I totally expect to find one someday, its cover marked 99 cents with a big fat grease pencil.  :pb_lol:

Tbh for a new author her book seems way too expensive to start out with. I've read some great kindle books that start either free or .99 cents until you get to later books in the series. Maybe she should lower her price? And most of her stuff is just from her blog which makes it not worth the money anyways. And how does she know that the women haven't read it? Does it have a little camera in the cover? Actually...... I wouldn't put it past her to do something like that. She already peeps in Windows. 

When I am upset with someone or life writing about it in a journal helps me work out my feelings so I don’t go off on that person. A lot of times after I have written my heart out I am no longer upset, or as upset, and have come up with a way to talk about it in a way that won’t hurt anyone. I’m sorry that Lori doesn’t understand that everything we write doesn’t become public unless we make it. 

3 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Oh the irony..,

737FC98A-38DB-4C4A-8907-31A404412E63.jpeg

Um Lori, how about if you take your own advice and stop putting your thoughts and feelings on paper. 

I don’t think Lori is a terribly good example to follow but I love the idea of keeping a journal so that others have something tangible of me when I’m gone. I did art therapy at the hospice last time I was there and it inspired me a lot. I keep a journal and write/draw there. I hope it will be a comforting and positive thing for me to leave my loved ones.  

I don't get the 3 star images she keeps using. It's back when only 63 reviews too. It's totally misleading and yeah wow can you be anymore transparent. No one has ever wondered if she is Losing sleep but now we clearly know. It connects the dots with her recent talk of melatonin.

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

I don’t think Lori is a terribly good example to follow but I love the idea of keeping a journal so that others have something tangible of me when I’m gone. I did art therapy at the hospice last time I was there and it inspired me a lot. I keep a journal and write/draw there. I hope it will be a comforting and positive thing for me to leave my loved ones.  

I've been journaling since I was 12 years old. I have boxes of journals. My first therapist recommended it and I've always found it to be a good way to organize my thoughts when I'm emotional or to vent. I've gone back and read through them several times over the years. I can see my personal growth and I enjoy reading the stories that I've forgotten, even the tough stuff. But lately I've been getting the strangest urge to burn them because I just don't know if I would want anyone to read them when I'm gone. My daughter has expressed interest in having them when I die but they're so intensely personal that I don't know if I'm brave enough. I've had some very difficult years and I don't know if it would be comforting or positive for my loved ones to read.:my_cry:

Sorry for the rant. You voiced the very thing that has been on my mind.

2 hours ago, Carol said:

Lori's latest.

5a72612f8391f_ScreenShot2018-01-31at4_36_17PM.png.336fed8a1852241acb10be1bda8ff593.pngAnd just so you know, I'll say it again!  I have not lost an ounce of sleep over this!!

Just because I asked women in my prayer group to review my book without having read it does not mean my low ratings are affecting my life at all!!  I am HAPPY!!  HAPPY!!  You get that?? HAPPY!!  Nothing bothers me at all and I sleep well and soundly all night long because I know Jesus is in my heart.  I can't help it if he isn't in the negative reviewer's hearts!!!  That's their problem.  I'll just go along being my eternally HAPPY self!!!

ETA... And by the way, Lori, you lying bitch, you're book has 2.5 stars as of today, not the 3 you put up there!

5a7268b0ca368_ScreenShot2018-01-31at5_07_59PM.png.cf9c90d0f9d072d5015e591e95e1212a.png 

Oh great, that means the leghumpers will be out giving 5 star reviews. You know that's what Lori is begging for each time she does this.

I don’t know the answer to that, @SuperNova but I was given a notebook by my Poppa after my Nan died - I decided to use it to write notes and quotes from books I’d read. I was so surprised and delighted to find that Nan had used the book for the exact same purpose. I was so grateful to have something of her, even just a couple of pages in her lovely handwriting. 

If your daughter wants them, why not? You won’t be there to deal with any reactions!

4 hours ago, Carol said:

Lori's latest.

Inquiring minds want to know exactly how she knows who has and has not read the book.  Just because they aren't marked as a verified buyer doesn't mean they haven't read the book.

I assume that she is basing this on the verified purchases, despite the fact there are other ways to obtain the book, ebay, used from amazon, used book stores, borrowing, kindle lending, etc.

Because I'm putting off doing stuff I should be, I decided to drill down a bit on the amazon ratings.

5 star: 64 total 20 verified

4 star: 5 total 1 verified

3 star: 1 total 1 verified

2 star: 2 total 0 verified

1 star: 93 total 5 verified

I'm not sure how amazon decides when a review is positive or negative, but here are those numbers:

Positive: 69

Critical: 96

I'm not bored enough to try and figure out the times she asked for her fanpoodles to give her a 5 star rating and see how many of those 44 non-verified reviews were posted, but I have a hunch there would be a correlation. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Just a reminder, members please let admins and mods start new mega-threads.  There is housekeeping involved.  Thank you!

15 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Oh the irony..,

I thought the same thing.  I'm like...wait? What? Is this a trick question??  LOL

13 hours ago, Loveday said:

Methinks Lori doth protest way, WAY too much about those negative reviews she's getting.  :my_dodgy:

exactly..Why post/complain about something if if doesn't bother you?

I was procrastinating getting ready for work this morning (yeah...I'm one of those working Jezebel's) while drinking my coffee, I was entertaining myself by ready the negative reviews.  Good stuff and so eloquently stated. No one should be reading this crap.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Just a reminder, members please let admins and mods start new mega-threads.  There is housekeeping involved.  Thank you!

@Coconut Flan:   My apologies.

21 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

After all she has repeatedly said it only takes 5-10 minutes and some lube.

She said.....this???!!  Now I have to go scrub my brain.....

I usually try to stay away from Lori, because she makes my blood boil. Today I decided to check out her blog. So it turns out you get cheated on if you're not submissive enough to your husband. He wouldn't cheat on a biblical woman. Huh. Tell that to Anna Duggar, Lori.

I just dislike her so much. She is so full of crap.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived