IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

I don't recall Jesus himself ever setting the 12 apart.  He generally referred to his followers, which DID include women.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the setting apart of the 12 came largely later and via literary convention and Christian tradition.   The only noted distinction I can recall Jesus making between women and men was that He tended to be FAR more receptive to the requests of women rather than men.  The distinction likely came later and was due to male authors being uncomfortable affording female followers who COULD NOT be omitted due to their prominence with a title that was at the time nearly exclusively restricted to men.  But JESUS HIMSELF makes no distinction that I can recall in the Gospels.  

But Jesus DID select a woman to be the first Apostle.  Jesus EASILY could have appeared to the 12 (as He shows, He does so later), but He CHOSE to reveal the proof of His divinity first to a WOMAN.  SHE is the first to preach The Gospel as we understand it today, and she does so TO MEN.  

THE FIRST PERSON TO PREACH THE GOSPEL OF THE RISEN CHRIST WAS MARY MAGDALENE, LORI.  He tasked HER with the mission to FIRST PREACH HIS RESURRECTION to HIS OWN 12 disciples.  

Way to grasp at straws, Lori.  Everything else is details.  The Gospel is the NEWS OF THE RISEN LORD, and it was given DIRECTLY TO A WOMAN.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Lori plans to make her doodles into a book, she better start writing them herself instead of lifting text from other peoples' published books, blogs and articles. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Does anyone remember the time Lori told a reader (whose husband wanted her to vote as she wished) that she should just decide to make her opinion the same as her husband's opinion?

Well, it turns out that Ken and Lori DO NOT completely agree about working mothers.  That's right- Lori is preaching a message day in and day out, that Ken isn't 100% on board with.

Ken:

The obvious question?  Why doesn't Lori decide to make Ken's opinion, her opinion?  She's just an easily deceived woman, so who is she to disagree with him, (much less, publicly, and on a daily basis)?

Besides that, she claims that he is the head of her, and the filter for what she writes on her blog.  If that's so, her message should reflect his views, not her own.  

His opinion obviously isn’t biblical even though the proverbs 31 women worked

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

I agree, Curious, that Lori's description of her "illnesses" are quite vague and I suspect she gets a lot of secondary gain out of them. Think of it--you are married to a man you are not attracted to. This man wants sex about four times per week. You are required to submit to him.  I might get "sick", too, under those circumstances. What other tool does she have?

Saying "no" opens a whole can of worms about depriving Ken and causing him to go crazy, or whatever it is they say will happen. Saying "I'm not interested" does not sound like it will work on someone who finds sex "sacred" and who is really quite content if only he is "satisfied."

Well if it was me I'd say you have 2 good hands and toss him a playboy (or magazine of his choice or he can google like everyone else :P ), but maybe that is because my husband has managed to survive without PiV sex for about 20 years and so far he hasn't turned into a horrible beast that goes around leering at woman and sexually abusing them because his horrible wife hasn't given him sex on demand for the last 20 years.

I realize my experience is unique, as is every other person's, but in the 3 relationships I've had during my lifetime, all 3 men managed to go for some extended periods of time with no sex because my back has been bad since I was a pre-teen.

My husband doesn't EXPECT me to "give" him sex (or sexual activity) when I don't feel good or it causes me pain.  Imagine that.   He may not be a "command man" like Ken, but he's a hell of a lot better at being a human being than most of the people we follow here, particularly Ken (and Michael Pearl)

43 minutes ago, Florita said:

If Lori plans to make her doodles into a book, she better start writing them herself instead of lifting text from other peoples' published books, blogs and articles. 

Well sure, she could write all of her own doodles, but it's so much easier to let someone else do it for her! 

Seriously though, I am just glad to see her squandering investing more of Ken's substance on another book venture!  After all, the first was such a resounding success!  Her whopping 2.5 stars make that undeniable.  Money well spent, Ken.  

Anyone ever wonder how much Lori's "ministry" costs them per year?  Let's see, there's:

1) Likes to pay for

2) Boosts to pay for

3) Hosting fees

4) Self publishing, so people can read what she's already put online for free

Kind of spells it all out.  I believe it says something like- "I will pay ANYTHING!  Just please keep this woman busy so I can eat my Cheese Whiz in peace!" 

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

Jesus is on my side!!! Mine, mine!!

When I read this, I flashed on Daffy Duck in the cave with Aladdin's (the Genie's?) cave with all the gems, gold and jewelry holding as much as he could carry screaming MINE MINE IT'S ALL MINE while he kept shrinking and shrinking from a spell the genie put on him when he caught him trying to steal.

3 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Does she write all those herself?

eta: I’m new to this crazy. 

She does.  I think the only nice thing I've ever said about Lori is that she has pretty handwriting.

59 minutes ago, Curious said:

She does.  I think the only nice thing I've ever said about Lori is that she has pretty handwriting.

It is nice, but as a lowly, weak woman, she does make mistakes sometimes. 

Spoiler

20180111_180312.jpg.1cab87530fe6dabb799dd5e7effcf5ba.jpg

I'm pretty sure she needed to use white out on the circled areas.

Fortunately for Lori, a divorced mother went to work and invented the first correction fluid. Saved by a working mom! :my_biggrin:

Reading through to catch up & reread that latest doodle:  it dawned on me she seems to think Jesus, himself, had a church. Or at least a formally organized following that he organized deliberately.  It gets under my skin too that she totally dismisses all the women that snuck through the Nicean council's scroll picking. Jesus was a rebel for more than just his message, it was also his willingness to allow women to speak freely with the men, they were allowed to break bread & travel with them.  Paul is the on whom the "church" was based & we all know how Paul felt about the ladies... And we knew how much Lori just looooves Paul....

Have I mentioned lately that she's a gold digging brat? 

And the son of that divorced woman became a Monkee. He also wrote Linda Ronstadt's first hit. 

Why is Lori not submitting to her husband Ken's belief on working women?

Saint Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 3:10: "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

Edit: Someone must have hacked Lori's Instagram when she posted orgasmic blueberries.

image.thumb.png.3d3be13fced6a12f2d4e23554535d7c9.png

7 hours ago, Curious said:

When I read this, I flashed on Daffy Duck in the cave with Aladdin's (the Genie's?) cave with all the gems, gold and jewelry holding as much as he could carry screaming MINE MINE IT'S ALL MINE while he kept shrinking and shrinking from a spell the genie put on him when he caught him trying to steal.

I LOVE that cartoon!  "I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm independent!  I'm socially secure!  I'M RICH!"

8 hours ago, Curious said:

Well if it was me I'd say you have 2 good hands and toss him a playboy (or magazine of his choice or he can google like everyone else :P ), but maybe that is because my husband has managed to survive without PiV sex for about 20 years and so far he hasn't turned into a horrible beast that goes around leering at woman and sexually abusing them because his horrible wife hasn't given him sex on demand for the last 20 years.

I realize my experience is unique, as is every other person's, but in the 3 relationships I've had during my lifetime, all 3 men managed to go for some extended periods of time with no sex because my back has been bad since I was a pre-teen.

My husband doesn't EXPECT me to "give" him sex (or sexual activity) when I don't feel good or it causes me pain.  Imagine that.   He may not be a "command man" like Ken, but he's a hell of a lot better at being a human being than most of the people we follow here, particularly Ken (and Michael Pearl)

Any decent guy won’t want you to have sex if you can’t ordon’t want to, and it doesn’t matter the reason. Women shouldn’t be made to feel bad if they don’t want sex and they shouldn’t feel forced to. Also marriage or any romantic relationship should be about more than sex. 

@Curious - she does have nice handwriting, but I wonder how many trial runs she does on those.  The way they all fit on a page, etc.  It’s a little neurotic (? Is that the word?).

1 hour ago, OhNoNike said:

@Curious - she does have nice handwriting, but I wonder how many trial runs she does on those.  The way they all fit on a page, etc.  It’s a little neurotic (? Is that the word?).

I have wondered more than once if she implements some kind of "doodle" filter on her phone and/or computer. Is there even such a thing as a "doodle" filter? :lol:

That orgasmic blueberries post is really something else. I think its legit since there is a more normal post after it. Is this her way of trying to viral again, be more edgy? Of course that is not an original Lori photo or soemthing she spotted herself. If you google "orgasmic blueberries" this has been floating around the web for a long time. I got a hoot out of how her fan girls all seem to think that was an original find from her.

Well, the "orgasm" Instagram is easy enough to explain.  You see, Lori is a godly, older woman.  As such, she's setting an example for younger women of how to be modest and discreet.  

Give her some time and she'll find that meme with what appears to be anatomically correct carrots.  She'll repost it, and her godly readers can giggle over what their mentor found in the produce section.

Which brings us back to the main point.  Working women.  If Lori worked (or kept her own house), she wouldn't have time to find such godly memes, and then what??  No memes, that's what!  No memes, no peering into other people's windows.  No taking pictures of stranger's houses  (only to post them to your own Instagram, so you can your "Christian" buddies can laugh and critique them).  No "monitoring" other adults on the internet for "a majority of the day".  Hell, the whole internet would devolve into godlessness!  

Today's post begins . . . 

This was an article in Above Rubies Magazine from October 2012 and I kept it because it was so powerful. I decided to type it up for all of you to read so it can encourage you, too. It was written by Jennifer Flanders who had 12 children at the time!

My questions:

1. Does she have permission from the magazine or from the author to share this? It is standard to include a statement "shared with the permission of . . . " when presenting someone else's work. Although she gives credit, she doesn't provide a link, which is also standard even when someone grants permission. 

2. Why on earth would she "type it up"? It is available at the writer's website, and she could have copy-and-pasted. Does she not know about copying and pasting? Did she just phrase it that way to make it sound like she put some actual effort into the post?

3. Why does she post every single flippin' day if she can't come up with her own content? Not that I'm complaining (much). Today's post is much better than Lori's usual stuff.

Such big leaps in logic..... 

1. Outside of the 12 Jesus had many followers, including women. Large crowds followed him around at times, it's safe to say that some women were present. Furthermore, I was recently on a team of women to do an event. Just because, at that time, we didn't have guys doesn't mean we supported discrimination. We have since added some men as the event expanded. 

2. Jesus didn't appoint anyone to office you goof. Rather he scolded his disciples when they were distracted with thoughts of power. Not my fault y'all are obsessed with power/ leadership dynamics. 

3. Jesus was baptized by a guy who ate locust and honey while wearing camel hair clothes. Pretty sure that was different and spectacular enough as is. 

4. Ending discrimination wasn't his main message; salvation and love of God was his main message. Perhaps he expected us to try and take care of that ourselves as redeemed individuals who are called to love others. 

5. Jesus may have broken chains of spiritual slavery but he didn't break physical one. Does that mean he agreed with slavery? Probably not. By this doodle logic we should be content with allowing slavery to happen. Also back to point 4, perhaps we're expected to advocate for equality because we recognize the inherent dignity and value of human beings? 

6. And for the love of all that is holy, why do people keep forgetting all the ways Jesus interacted with women? Mary at his feet? The women at the grave? 

image.png

34 minutes ago, EowynW said:

The thought of lori being orgasmic is icky to me. :brainbleach:

Rest assured, if Ken is to be believed, she’s not experiencing that very often. :pb_confused:

I doubt Lori has ever been orgasmic once in her entire life.  She seems like the type of woman to just lie there, and do a little fake moaning.  After all she has repeatedly said it only takes 5-10 minutes and some lube.

And not that I ever want to think about the LoriKen sex life, although she does put it all out there in detail, but I do sometimes feel a little sorry for Ken.

He is married to a woman who may "give" him sex 3 times a week, but it's just mechanical.  There isn't any enthusiasm, any pleasure, any ..... fun.  For all that Lori probably reacts to the deed, Ken might as well handle things himself.  Except that's a huge No in their world. 

I definitely think Ken has been unfaithful to Lori, probably more than once; maybe someone long term.  I don't think it was with some super young hot, scantily clad cutie.

I think it was/is a regular normal working woman who is nice to him, not passive aggressive, mean or super fake "religious" like Lori.  Who is smart, laughs at his dumb corny jokes, calls him out when he's being a pompous asshat. Likes to go out for the super deluxe, every ingredient, lots of gooey cheese nachos with a beer. Doesn't give a hoot about organic, big salads or woo woo "medications". Let's him put his feet up on the coffee table.  Wears sexy lingerie, maybe even leggings, might have some booty/boobage but isn't throwing it around (as Lori seems to think all godless working woman do). And likes sex -- likes it and shows it. Participates willingly and enthusiastically.  Definitely takes more than 5 min.   

If Ken is cheating/cheated I'm not excusing it -- but I can understand it, even sympathize a little.  I cannot image the daily strain, tension and unhappiness of being married to Lori.   If Ken sought  relief somewhere else, I can see why.

11 hours ago, feministxtian said:

And the son of that divorced woman became a Monkee. He also wrote Linda Ronstadt's first hit. 

I am always learning on Free Jinger!

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

6. And for the love of all that is holy, why do people keep forgetting all the ways Jesus interacted with women? Mary at his feet? The women at the grave? 

how about the woman at the well, the woman with the perfume and that is off the top of my head. I did a quick google tactic search and bam- first article: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/jesus-extraordinary-treatment-of-women/

Lori will never read this article.  1. too long 2. written by a highly educated woman 3. the woman has a BA in theology & MA in biblical studies & PHD in Christian spirituality 4. It's written by a Catholic. 5. She is a nun.

Here is a snippet of the 4 ways that Barbara Leonhard, OSF, talks about women being treated radically (for the time) by Jesus. The bolded parts are the headings in the article. Under each heading she gives many examples from the Bible.  (Guess what! Sister Barbara doesn't mention which bible because you know, you should read the one you understand!)

But Jesus defies these expectations in at least four ways, which have implications for us.

Jesus Speaks With Women in Public

First, Jesus refuses to treat women as inferior. <snipped>

Respect and Compassion

Second, Jesus refuses to view women as unclean or especially deserving of punishment. <snipped>

Women Disciples

Third, Jesus steps over expected boundaries between men and women by his acceptance of women as disciples. <snipped>

Receiving Jesus’ Self-Revelation

Fourth, not only did Jesus have women disciples, but the Gospel writers also assure us that they were prominent recipients of Jesus’ self-revelation. Jesus tells the Samaritan woman at the well that he is the Messiah. <snipped>

Reader (regarding today's post):

One of your very best posts!! I have shared this on my wall. Thank you!

Any guesses on how long it will take Lori to say "thank you" or like that comment?

Hey Lori?  I think the proper answer is:

"Thank you, but I didn't write that! I just ran out of things to write  (posting every waking second, like I do), so I am posting someone else's work today."

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived