IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, QuiverDance said:

Hugging is definitely a thing here, and I’m not a big touchy type, so it makes me uncomfortable! I just deal with it, but I HATE IT. Lol.

Just extend your arm for a handshake.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2018 at 10:59 AM, JMO said:

OMG, in addition to the endless shrugs there are a couple that clearly have not just a modesty panel but a full shirt under their dress.  Wow.  Just Wow. I especially like the dress with a key hole in which you can see a non-matching shirt underneath.  

So many shrugs!!! hahahahahahaha omg!

I know we're a snark site, but I feel kind of weird about the posting of random kids' pictures from the Crown College dance here. I know, public Facebook page, etc. But God forbid someone posts a picture of me from my 2001 prom on some random site. Anyone remember the outfit the younger sister in 10 Things I Hate about You Wore to the prom? It was kind of like that.

It’s not even the plethora of shrugs. It’s that so many of them don’t match the dresses. But the guys’ ties seem to be carefully co-ordinated. Bad photography. Feel kind of sorry for these kids for some reason. 

On 2/14/2018 at 7:01 PM, HereticHick said:

Girl, you are too cool for Crown College:

Fascinator.JPG

The really creepy thing is that the girl looks a lot like a friend of mine and the guy looks a lot like a colleague. I dig both their styles!

2 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

But God forbid someone posts a picture of me from my 2001 prom on some random site. Anyone remember the outfit the younger sister in 10 Things I Hate about You Wore to the prom? It was kind of like that.

I mean, in your defense, that outfit was seriously stylin' in 2001! 

Please tell me you had little butterfly clips in your hair and your white eye shadow contained copious amounts of glitter. 

39 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I mean, in your defense, that outfit was seriously stylin' in 2001! 

Please tell me you had little butterfly clips in your hair and your white eye shadow contained copious amounts of glitter. 

I did have a comb headband updo, so I think I get at least partial credit for that.

44 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Good for her for getting an actual job. It looks like a regular salon, not some kind of fundie place, too. Here's their website: http://www.rosstheboss.com/

Sign me up for the ultimate spa relaxation...good for her though, getting a real job. Is she the first daughter to get a job outside of the house? 

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

Sign me up for the ultimate spa relaxation...good for her though, getting a real job. Is she the first daughter to get a job outside of the house? 

Alyssa worked at a florist before she married, but I don’t know how serious of a job it was or how long she did it.

Wow, I don't watch the show so I haven't seen a lot of the younger kids in a long time. I didn't realize Jackson was that old. And Addallee in the spitting image of Michael!

11 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Alyssa worked at a florist before she married, but I don’t know how serious of a job it was or how long she did it.

Michael worked as a Nanny. Erin taught (and still teaches) piano 

Alyssa also cleans houses with her husband (or they did when Allie was small), I'm not sure if they're still doing it since baby number 2.

Most Bates girls seem to work in fundy approved jobs before (and after marriage).

So, who is Josie's chaperone? Only Lawson has been allowed to travel without one. Or has that rule changed? The thought of a grown-ass people needing a chaperone is mind boggling.

Just a random BEC thought but...

How often on average do you think the Bates family text said each other fake news articles.

I bet it’s A LOT. Particularly articles regarding “Christian persecution.”

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Does Josie need a chaperone to go to work? They can't possibly be that bad. 

I don’t think she needs one for work, but almost the whole family is in South Carolina while Kelton and Josie are both home. I think only married kids are in TN so they’re not gonna be around Josie much I guess. So she could fairly easily meet up with Kelton. I think that’s what the previous poster meant

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived