IGNORED

Turpins 3: 2 Monsters, 13 Victims (WARNING abuse and torture)

laPapessaGiovanna

A new account from a community-college classmate of the oldest Turpin son has been posted on Radar Online with the headline “Turpin Kid College Classmate Claims He Was  Mentally Disturbed

I am not sure how reliable it is.  The source claims that the guy “talked to himself” and that she befriended him because she was lonely too. Then,  after they talked he introduced her to his mother and asked his mother’s permission to be friends. After this incident, the source says he stopped coming to the music class where they had met.

The other account from a classmate was also from music class and painted a somewhat different picture.  In that story, the Turpin guy attended a potluck and kept eating.

(See https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Former-Classmate-Describes-Turpin-Son-After-Sharing-Music-Class-With-Him-470086943.html ) 

This earlier story had him completing the class (not dropping out) which concurs with the transcript that some TV station got hold of.   

Either or both  of these sources could be “remembering creatively.”  Or possibly the Turpin kid dropped out of one class and then took the class with the other girl.  

Funny how no one so far remembers him from another class.  Music appreciation classes (which this probably was) tend to be larger than some of the other classes in his transcript.  I wonder if some of the classes on his transcript were online classes.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Funny how no one so far remembers him from another class.  Music appreciation classes (which this probably was) tend to be larger than some of the other classes in his transcript.  I wonder if some of the classes on his transcript were online classes.

It's certainly possible that some were online. I don't remember if the transcript had any indicators that would say one way or the other. Per MSJC's current online course catalog, courses such as the English Fundamentals and the Elementary and Intermediate Algebra classes are offered in an online format. Other classes, such as the guitar classes and college algebra are not currently available online, though some of the others *might* have been at different points.

https://www.msjc.edu/Online/Pages/Online-Course-Catalog.aspx

I'm still baffled as to how the TV station got a transcript, though, unless it came from the house? It really is a FERPA violation if they got it without permission from the student.

51 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I'm sure they get not only hate mail but love mail.  Marry me mail.  Those stories are out there and people are bizarre.

For all we know, some of our favorite fundies ("OFF") may be offering a visit and a path to salvation.

46 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

It's certainly possible that some were online. I don't remember if the transcript had any indicators that would say one way or the other. Per MSJC's current online course catalog, courses such as the English Fundamentals and the Elementary and Intermediate Algebra classes are offered in an online format. Other classes, such as the guitar classes and college algebra are not currently available online, though some of the others *might* have been at different points.

https://www.msjc.edu/Online/Pages/Online-Course-Catalog.aspx

I'm still baffled as to how the TV station got a transcript, though, unless it came from the house? It really is a FERPA violation if they got it without permission from the student.

I wonder also about the transcrpt.  I doubt the college or its staff is the source,  It could be the result of a hack (some univerdity records systems are pretty hackable, I hear) or it could be that someone who had been given the transcript before the arrests is the source. (I can only guess at who and why.) 

It would not surprise me, however, if it turned out that the student gave permission.  It is a good transcrpt.  He might want it known that he can learn.

As far as online courses go, I think it is likely that the parents preferred those since it reduced the time he was outside the house.  Classes that weren’t offered online might be the only ones he took on campus.   A lot of schools don’t note on a transcript whether the classes are online or face-to-face.  

Is "assisted living facility" a nicer name for "skilled nursing facility?"   I now have an inherent distrust of these types of facilities.  Even the best ones I've been in have still had several issues it are hard to navigate.   If my husband hadn't been there all day, virtually every day the damage done to me would have been worse than it was.

I wonder about a place that had beds to take 7 adults on one intake.  The only place we visited (we got smart after the overdose and made visits to our top 3 this last time) that had that many beds open was one that I wouldn't have trusted my worst enemy with.

I hope they have some kind of worker that can check in with them each personally at least weekly (daily would be better) and make sure they are doing ok.

Assisted living facilities are for those that can live independently but require some assistance. Some of the services provided are a nurses (think school nurses), housekeeping, security. Residents can come and go as they please. My aunt and uncle live in one, and it's very nice. The staff stays out of the way unless needed, with occasional friendly non-intrusive check ups.

Echoing RosyDaisy. I briefly dated a guy who worked at an assisted living facility for adults with developmental delays, Down Syndrome, etc. I forget what what his title was, but his job was mainly hanging out with the residents at the house and going on outings with them. Most of them had jobs (bagging groceries and stuff like that) and they were free to come and go, but it was just like, they were taken care of. They had a lot of independence, but they weren't left to fend for themselves either. A thing I specifically remember was him helping a guy figure out a bus schedule and plan his day.

I figured the adult Turpins would live at a place like this, when they're well enough to not need medical supervision. 

They probably got bumped up any waiting lists because of the fame, too. It could be an okay home.

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Assisted living facilities are for those that can live independently but require some assistance. Some of the services provided are a nurses (think school nurses), housekeeping, security. Residents can come and go as they please. My aunt and uncle live in one, and it's very nice. The staff stays out of the way unless needed, with occasional friendly non-intrusive check ups.

Their are several of these kinds of places by me. From what I get the people their enjoy them most because they can still be independent. 

thanks for all the answers.  That sounds like it will be nice for them. 

9 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I don’t understand the reference.  Who is Kimmie?

OMG, I had two windows open and responded to the wrong person.

Kimmie is a crazy Mormon single woman in California who collected baby clothes, cats and sympathy. She started collecting Chinese girls a few years ago and was completely unequipped emotionally, financially and tempermentally to deal with four girls from teen down to three with developmental and physical disabilities. She hates the oldest and worships the youngest. She had to close her home daycare last year because she could not get all her mail opened and read AND work. I am not lying or exaggerating! Sorry Em!

5 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Kimmie is a crazy Mormon single woman in California who collected baby clothes, cats and sympathy. She started collecting Chinese girls a few years ago and was completely unequipped emotionally, financially and tempermentally to deal with four girls from teen down to three with developmental and physical disabilities. She hates the oldest and worships the youngest. She had to close her home daycare last year because she could not get all her mail opened and read AND work. I am not lying or exaggerating! Sorry Em!

She hasn't updated in almost half a year, right? I wonder why she went dark.

3 minutes ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

She hasn't updated in almost half a year, right? I wonder why she went dark.

Wouldn't you? I suspect she is doing something to Sissy - simultaneously trying her damndest to push her out of the house while maintaining the mama martyr image she craves. And it looks like Apple is falling out of favor as her babyhood fades while JieJie, who is gorgeous, is back in the spotlight.

6 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Wouldn't you? I suspect she is doing something to Sissy - simultaneously trying her damndest to push her out of the house while maintaining the mama martyr image she craves. And it looks like Apple is falling out of favor as her babyhood fades while JieJie, who is gorgeous, is back in the spotlight.

Wouldn't I what? Go dark? I wouldn't do anything that woman does. She's awful. 
Unless she has a new blog, her latest blog update was in August and it's all photos of Apple. 

8 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

A new account from a community-college classmate of the oldest Turpin son has been posted on Radar Online with the headline “Turpin Kid College Classmate Claims He Was  Mentally Disturbed

I am not sure how reliable it is.  The source claims that the guy “talked to himself” and that she befriended him because she was lonely too. Then,  after they talked he introduced her to his mother and asked his mother’s permission to be friends. After this incident, the source says he stopped coming to the music class where they had met.

The other account from a classmate was also from music class and painted a somewhat different picture.  In that story, the Turpin guy attended a potluck and kept eating.

(See https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Former-Classmate-Describes-Turpin-Son-After-Sharing-Music-Class-With-Him-470086943.html ) 

This earlier story had him completing the class (not dropping out) which concurs with the transcript that some TV station got hold of.   

Either or both  of these sources could be “remembering creatively.”  Or possibly the Turpin kid dropped out of one class and then took the class with the other girl.  

Considering what the kid was going through, I can say I understand. 

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

For all we know, some of our favorite fundies ("OFF") may be offering a visit and a path to salvation.

OH OH! I KNOW! 

Cap'n Bret can start visiting them and together they will build a fantastic PRISON MINISTRY!

7 hours ago, Curious said:

<<Is "assisted living facility" a nicer name for "skilled nursing facility?"   I now have an inherent distrust of these types of facilities. >>

No, skilled nursing facilities are for those whose medical needs require nursing care that can't be done at home, but who aren't sick enough to be hospitalized.  Assisted living facilities is as described above.

On another note, I'm sad they couldn't all be kept together, but it's completely understandable that they couldn't be. As someone else said, I'm surprised they weren't divided up further.

I can't help but think, they got their TV wish.  It's not glorious, but it's still 15 minutes of fame and now everyone in the world knows their names.  They ended up famous anyway.  

Even though I know, logically, splitting them up was the best way to deal with the children, it still makes me shudder inside.  I can't fathom going from one very specific environment that I shared with a number of people who were my literal world and then having not only my environment totally changed but remove some of the constants that I had a connection with.  I get the reasoning, it just feels wrong.  It's just a hangup I have, I've always felt that way when I heard of families that needed to be split up for fostering.  I think a part of me was hoping beyond hope that a couple of the oldest ones could be rehabilitated enough to take on the younger children and they could stay a family in some way.  But I know in the back of my mind that even the adults need a vast amount of help themselves.  

The minor children will most likely be split up sadly, but it is necessary. Therapeutic foster homes (specialized training) will be needed for the kids most likely until permanency is decided. Today the 2 Turds have all their rights to the minor kids, even if no contact. This can mean the parents can request things to DCF like: no haircuts, vaccines or traveling (in my state anyway).  I hope Termination of Parental Rights is swift and they can began to heal. The adult siblings will have to live in a facility and will need ongoing therapy. I hope the foster parents are allowed to take the minor siblings to visit them.

10 hours ago, metheglyn said:

It really is a FERPA violation if they got it without permission from the student.

Yes, that kind of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) violation will get any university/college employee fired in a heartbeat. 

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I honestly thought you were talking about the character Kimmy Schmidt. I’d imagine she’d have a lot of letters to open too...but that aforementioned woman sounds horrible.

Can’t assisted living facilities vary a lot in quality? I’ve read stories about people in that type of facility wanting more independence but that not being allowed. (story of a woman at a state facility who has Down syndrome who isn’t allowed to work more than a set number of hours, go to school, or date: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/01/15/intellectually-disabled-utah-woman-yearns-for-freedom-from-her-institutionalized-lifestyle/). And I’ve read about concerns over people with disabilities in facilities/institutions being abused. I really hope the Turpin adult survivors are somewhere fantastic where they can get all the therapy they need. I’d imagine they’d also need life skills training as well...education, job skills training, using public transportation, etc. Heck, with the amount the monsters imprisoned them do they even know they have the right to vote? And even more basic, that they have the right to express their feelings, wants, and needs?

It depends on the needs. And hopefully management is good on that note. This is such a unique case, I think there'll be a lot of learning as they go along. To see what courses the college son was taking and how he can build on that. And eventually aptitude tests for the rest of them. But I imagine right now they're still getting used to being able to go to the bathroom when they want, shower when they want, and eat more than they did. Heck, they're probably walking on eggshells around their workers to see what they can and can't do.

Assisted living covers a really wide range of abilities and limits.  My grandmother was in several before we found one that was a decent fit for her needs.   It can include "lock down" ones where people are not allowed to leave without supervision, or ones where they can come and go.  They also can have wide ranges of support and facilities.  From just that its hard to know what they will be getting.  It could be more support or less, and there could be more freedom or less.  Many of these facilities will have differing levels associated with them so they could "graduate" to less assistance as they get better.  

2 hours ago, Mcnapple said:

No, skilled nursing facilities are for those whose medical needs require nursing care that can't be done at home, but who aren't sick enough to be hospitalized.  Assisted living facilities is as described above.

On another note, I'm sad they couldn't all be kept together, but it's completely understandable that they couldn't be. As someone else said, I'm surprised they weren't divided up further.

Oh, yeah, I can understand @Curious‘s concern. I visited a neighbor in a skilled nursing facility when she was recovering from surgery, before she was well enough to go home. Dismal place. Smelled like urine. Horrible food. (Wonder Bread baloney and Miracle Whip sandwiches—torture for a woman who ate fresh organically raised food out of her garden all summer and fall. I brought her a box of raspberries and she told me later it was the only edible thing she had for the few days she had to stay there until she was able to claw her way free.)

The few assisted living facilities I’ve visited (visiting a relative, or singing Christmas carols with a children’s choir in the dining room) seemed posh by comparison and rather nice.

My grandmother is in an assisted living facility. It’s private, rather than state run. Very pricey. It annoys her that she’s not allowed to have knives (so she can’t do things like cut apples) or be in charge of her own medication. But she can come and go as she pleases, she/we just have to sign her out and in. She seems to like it, except for the food. It also gives my Anjoly piece of mind to know that nurses/staff check in on her through out the day. She’s 95, so her cognitive skills aren’t what they used to be.

@justoneoftwo I agree, we can’t know what they’re getting. It’s just such a wide spectrum of options.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived