IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Here's my BEC comment for the day: Kelton couldn't pick something nicer to wear for the courtship proposal than what looks like his running jacket??

My BEC comment is that his dad’s coat is even worse. It’s like three sizes too large.

568D0FAB-41FC-4449-95A5-A7A740099BAA.jpeg

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

She said when they were painting one of the doors "They are painting it ugly colors!" in a sort of playful upset way. Michael responded, "I think it will be beautiful." I can't remember if any the Duggars were actually around to hear the comment.

I think Carlin would have been about 14 at the time, so I cut her some slack on that one. 

Why the hell do I remember any of this?

Actually, she said, "They are painting it yuck colors." 

1 minute ago, Hisey said:

Actually, she said, "They are painting it yuck colors." 

That was it! Thanks. 

And I think @RosyDaisy might be right and it was Tori, not Carlin. I used to mix those two up (long dark hair, always talking). 

Yes Tori said yuck colors. In her defense it looked like a puke green color at least at first haha

I actually remember Carlin being quite when she was younger and didn't start acting obnoxious until BUB started. I think she does it for more attention/ camera time. It's actually sad because she has lacked attention her whole life being smack in the middle of 19 kids so I can't hate on her too much. She just has the ultimate middle child syndrome. 

18 hours ago, Luisainlondon1 said:

As I live in Europe I can't watch BUB. I follow the Bates threads here from time to time but it seems I have missed when handholding before engagement became a common thing. How did that start? On the pictures of Josies courtship they seem physically quite close, too (for their fundie standards).  

First noticed it when Nathan began to court Ashley. After that all the couples hold hands during courtship .

I watched there latest live chat too and I was surprised how shy Josie was. When Carlin read a fan question asking how Kelton and Josie met. Kelton asked her if she wanted to tell the story and she flat out tells him no, so he told the story hahaha

I cant imagine Josie having a big ol' wedding episode where she is in the spotlight!

I have a similar personality to Josie's and I am also getting married this year, and I have been fighting my mother on her throwing me a bridal shower because the thought of being the center of bridal shower games, opening presents while everyone coo's, etc. is absolutely mortifying to me 

17 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

My BEC comment is that his dad’s coat is even worse. It’s like three sizes too large.

568D0FAB-41FC-4449-95A5-A7A740099BAA.jpeg

This looks like Kelly is trying to hold on to her and she's like "Nooooooo!"And holding on to Kelton. The face she's making as well as leaning away from her mom and into her bf amuses me.

I actually don't a have a huge problem with Carlin for the most part. Yes, she is a bit immature and obnoxious, but that's not exactly unusual for someone who is 19. In a weird way, I actually find i almost refreshing that despite this gross cult she was raised in, her family didn't "train" her personality out of her, the way Joy Duggar's was when she hit puberty. 

I think the problem is not that she is immature, but that this immature 19 year old's culture won't allow her to kiss and have sex with her boyfriend until she gets married, so she's now desperate to rush down the aisle before she is mature enough for marriage. 

I missed the Live Chat. Can someone summarize how Josie met Kelton? I've been wondering. How do these people all meet? 

4 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I missed the Live Chat. Can someone summarize how Josie met Kelton? I've been wondering. How do these people all meet? 

Kelton's sister was taking piano lessons from Erin. They both attended a recital where their sisters were performing.

36 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Kelton's sister was taking piano lessons from Erin. They both attended a recital where their sisters were performing.

Well, at least that sounds like a pretty organic meeting, not some weird set-up or her pining after him from afar for eleventy years. Good for them!

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Well, at least that sounds like a pretty organic meeting, not some weird set-up or her pining after him from afar for eleventy years. Good for them!

That's what Michael did forever with Brandon right? She pined? 

4 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Erin again. And we thought it was Kelly who was the match maker. Can someone introduce Sarah Maxhell to Erin?

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

Erin again. And we thought it was Kelly who was the match maker. Can someone introduce Sarah Maxhell to Erin?

Hmmmm.... The Arndt man-boys would also be a great introduction.

I was creeped out by how they described meeting. He said it was 4-5 years ago. She would have been 13 or 14 years old!  He was at least 18 years old. 

11 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I was creeped out by how they described meeting. He said it was 4-5 years ago. She would have been 13 or 14 years old!  He was at least 18 years old. 

Thats what I was wondering. Exactly how young was Josie when a much older Kelton took note of her.  

Actually they didn't say. All they said was that they met long ago. She said she tried to talk to him but he was surrounded by girls. I don't think we have enough info to go on to call him a creep. My parents met when my mother was 3 and my father 8. They didn't get involved til my mother was 18. Queen Elizabeth had a crush on Prince Phillip when she was 13 and he was 18. Doesn't mean anything inappropriate happened before she was more mature.

That reminds me of the story my grandmother told me about how her grandparents met.They met at church.She asked for a drink of water,he helped her....she was 8,he was 16.He waited until she was older to court her,probably 9 years,at least because she was 19 when she had her first child.Do you find that creepy?

1 hour ago, melon said:

That reminds me of the story my grandmother told me about how her grandparents met.They met at church.She asked for a drink of water,he helped her....she was 8,he was 16.He waited until she was older to court her,probably 9 years,at least because she was 19 when she had her first child.Do you find that creepy?

he didn't decide he wanted to court her at age 8, right?

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually they didn't say. All they said was that they met long ago. She said she tried to talk to him but he was surrounded by girls. I don't think we have enough info to go on to call him a creep.

I have a feeling they knew each other, but it wasn't until she became Tori's chaperone and they spent more time together that they started to like one another. 

How did Bobby and Tori meet again? It had something to do with Kelton right?

On 1/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, nausicaa said:

She said when they were painting one of the doors "They are painting it ugly colors!" in a sort of playful upset way. Michael responded, "I think it will be beautiful." I can't remember if any the Duggars were actually around to hear the comment.

I think Carlin would have been about 14 at the time, so I cut her some slack on that one. 

Why the hell do I remember any of this?

It was Tori and she called them "YUCK colors." 

13 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Actually they didn't say. All they said was that they met long ago. She said she tried to talk to him but he was surrounded by girls. I don't think we have enough info to go on to call him a creep. My parents met when my mother was 3 and my father 8. They didn't get involved til my mother was 18. Queen Elizabeth had a crush on Prince Phillip when she was 13 and he was 18. Doesn't mean anything inappropriate happened before she was more mature.

They did say 4 to 5 years ago!  It’s on the UP website.

48 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

They did say 4 to 5 years ago!  It’s on the UP website.

They said that they met 4 or 5 years ago, not that they became special friends 4 or 5 years ago.  We don't know when they showed a romantic interest in one another. Joy and Austin knew each other for many years before courting and I don't remember anyone calling his interest in her creepy. How is this different?

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived