IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

I think Carlin just has the kind of personality that a lot of people would find annoying whether she was 14, 19, 29, or 59. In an alternate universe there's probably a Carlin at a state university who is the biggest drama queen in her sorority house.

Josie seems to be much quieter and thus easy to perceive as more mature.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlin is such an attention getter that she is, in fact, getting more attention in Josie's thread than Josie herself when she even has her own thread.  LOL. 

To me, Josie reminds me of Alyssa. Very mature early.  Now whether or not that means she should go get married at this young age is another thing entirely.  I keep saying she looks like she should be babysitting my kids but frankly so does Alyssa and she's about to be the mother of 3.  

None of them are going to marry people who were educated anywhere but a school like the one they go to. That would require them to meet people from other walks of life. And short of a Whitney situation, I don't see that happening. Besides, look what happened with Derick Dillard. We all thought he was going to be this amazing positive influence and he's like the worst of the bunch over there in Duggarville. (Or at least the most vocal and he has, btw, totally blocked me on twitter.)  

At least with Kelton and the others, we know what their awful beliefs are up front. The one I question is Chad. I've never heard Chad say a bad thing...Not that he doesn't think it...but I sometimes question if he's not the most progressive of the bunch, even coming from the Paine family. 

47 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I think Carlin just has the kind of personality that a lot of people would find annoying whether she was 14, 19, 29, or 59. In an alternate universe there's probably a Carlin at a state university who is the biggest drama queen in her sorority house.

Josie seems to be much quieter and thus easy to perceive as more mature.

I would honestly give anything to see a reality show where Carlin joins a Sorority. She’d have to go through pledging, go to classes, do charity work, help promote the sorority, get along with people not exactly like her... I feel like it would be the most spectacular train wreck. :pb_lol: 

55 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I would honestly give anything to see a reality show where Carlin joins a Sorority. She’d have to go through pledging, go to classes, do charity work, help promote the sorority, get along with people not exactly like her... I feel like it would be the most spectacular train wreck. :pb_lol: 

I'd love to see a reality show where Carlin had to make it in the real world. Go to a real school. Study. Get a real job. Date.  And experience Mean Girls. 

I personally like Carlin quite a bit! I think people like her make the world less boring. And I don't get a cruel or otherwise horrible vibe from her. A little annoying myabe, but harmless. I think that sometimes people confuse being quiet with being mature, it does not always go hand in hand. As for Josie... she looks like a child. She just looks waaaaaaaaay too young to get married. I get weird vibes from Kelton. I also find him by far the least attractive of the Bates' suitors. Josie on the other hand is the prettiest Bates daughter in my opinion. (Sorry If people take offence to talking about people's looks, I personally think that every adult who puts themeselfs on TV has to live with people on the internet judging their looks, that's the price you pay for money and fame. As long as it doesn't get extremely vulgar I don't really feel bad about it.)

To me, what amazes me is how different the Bates girls look one from one another.  They really don't look alike.  

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Oh the other hand--I think Alyssa Bates Webster would have been a sorority tour de force.

35 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh the other hand--I think Alyssa Bates Webster would have been a sorority tour de force.

Anybody watch Glee? I picture public school Alyssa as Quinn. A beautiful, preppy cheerleader and head of celibacy club. 

45 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Anybody watch Glee? I picture public school Alyssa as Quinn. A beautiful, preppy cheerleader and head of celibacy club. 

Carlin is Rachel Berry, annoying af, wants to be the center of attention at all costs, talented, with a dumb boyfriend (though finn was adorbs and the fundie zoolander is super annoying too).

20 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Evan is also in his families’s band “His Own.” They release albums and do gigs. He could be making an income there as well.

http://www.hisownministries.com/evan

Here’s his bio on their band page, which definitely does read like it’s about a teenager and not a man whom is nearly engaged.

I LOVE your avatar! My favorite movie of all time! That is all. :)

6 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

To me, what amazes me is how different the Bates girls look one from one another.  They really don't look alike.  

And yet they are all absolutely beautiful. It's quite astonishing.

Alyssa and Josie were the two girls who got to live in a separate room because they needed the quiet. As much as I would love to say (and have thought before) that it meant they were “over” fundie life, I think it’s a rare case of Kelly and Gil recognizing their children’s differences and working with them. Josie is probably very close to Alyssa still, and may live a very similar married life to her (some emotional distance from the Bateses, quieter on social media, pants wearing in 0.2 seconds).

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

Josie is probably very close to Alyssa still, and may live a very similar married life to her (some emotional distance from the Bateses, quieter on social media, pants wearing in 0.2 seconds).

I can definitely see Josie following a lot Alyssa's post marriage tendencies, but the major difference will be Josie isn't moving much further than Knoxville. She's still a short drive to the family.

I don't think Kelton will have an issue with pants (his sister regularly posts photos in them on Instagram), bit being so close to the family probably means maintaining the "brand" a bit more than Alyssa.

Saw the Bates live chat last night.. Kelton is so uglyyyyyy (i know i'm shallow), and Josie already has the dumb adoring look, eww.

Michael was in the live super quiet, she looked a little bigger, maybe she's going through fertility treatments? She said some things were answered in the episode last night and thanked for the prayers.

Carlin was annoying as usual at the front and center, gotta say this though she would be great for a career in entertainment.

As I live in Europe I can't watch BUB. I follow the Bates threads here from time to time but it seems I have missed when handholding before engagement became a common thing. How did that start? On the pictures of Josies courtship they seem physically quite close, too (for their fundie standards).  

1 hour ago, Luisainlondon1 said:

As I live in Europe I can't watch BUB. I follow the Bates threads here from time to time but it seems I have missed when handholding before engagement became a common thing. How did that start? On the pictures of Josies courtship they seem physically quite close, too (for their fundie standards).  

There is actually quite a few episodes out on the UP webpage :) 

Is Carlin the one who was rude to the Duggars when they were helping paint? 

Josie doesn't look like the other Bates to me. She is beautiful, but seems so young. 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Is Carlin the one who was rude to the Duggars when they were helping paint? 

Josie doesn't look like the other Bates to me. She is beautiful, but seems so young. 

Yes. Carlin made some sort of rude comment to, I think, Jill when they were helping paint. I didn’t see it myself, but I remember reading about it on here at some point. I think most people thought it was a bit obnoxious since the Duggars were doing something legitimately nice for them.

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

I don't remember that part. What did she say? Anyone remember? 

She said when they were painting one of the doors "They are painting it ugly colors!" in a sort of playful upset way. Michael responded, "I think it will be beautiful." I can't remember if any the Duggars were actually around to hear the comment.

I think Carlin would have been about 14 at the time, so I cut her some slack on that one. 

Why the hell do I remember any of this?

5 hours ago, miss_batson said:

More courtship photos on Kelton's instagram

Here's my BEC comment for the day: Kelton couldn't pick something nicer to wear for the courtship proposal than what looks like his running jacket??

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived