IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Have these two gotten a moniker yet? Can I nominate Kelsie?

How about Balsie?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that there are nicknames for all of the couples except Michael/Brandon and John/Alyssa. Or did I miss those?

i like JoLton for these two. 

On 5/13/2018 at 10:18 AM, justmy2cents said:

Have these two gotten a moniker yet? Can I nominate Kelsie?

Isn't that what they will name their first daughter?  Who will probably appear by the end of summer 2019

I think it should be Keltie. Kelt is a pretty unique first syllable and there are a lot of Duggar couple nicknames starting in “jo” it gets confusing 

3 hours ago, Andrea said:

Did anyone else notice the full frontal hug on Josies Instagram?  Pretty scandalous :)

Yep. I also noticed that they’ve jumped on the “look at my man’s fine ass,” bandwagon that JoKen and SiRen have both been on too:

233B40E1-62E4-470D-867D-09834B733E91.thumb.png.d0591dff7ea6ad6f67585520f8e72e28.png

:pb_lol:

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yep. I also noticed that they’ve jumped on the “look at my man’s fine ass,” bandwagon that JoKen and SiRen have both been on too:

233B40E1-62E4-470D-867D-09834B733E91.thumb.png.d0591dff7ea6ad6f67585520f8e72e28.png

:pb_lol:

Where on earth did this pose come from, anyway?! It's the weirdest thing ever.

Just now, singsingsing said:

Where on earth did this pose come from, anyway?! It's the weirdest thing ever.

Heck if I know. Our wedding photographer made us do it too. It felt incredibly stupid while we were doing it and the pictures of this pose look ridiculously unnatural. Blech!

7 hours ago, eveandadam said:

So it Josie engaged yet? What about Carlin?

Neither of them have announced yet. 

I could totally see Josie and Kelton getting engaged in the near future. They just seem so much more mature and both have real jobs.

If they get engaged before Carlin and fundie Zoolander I'd love to be a fly on the wall, because Carlin is probably going to explode.

Just now, ophelia said:

If they get engaged before Carlin and fundie Zoolander I'd love to be a fly on the wall, because Carlin is probably going to explode.

As much as I dislike him - I have to say, the more time passes, the more props I give fundie Zoolander for (apparently) realizing that they are not ready for marriage yet. Based on what Carlin has said publically, I can only imagine the "subtle hints" she constantly drops when they are not being followed around by cameras. Kudos to Evan for standing his ground this long.

The latest BuB promo looks like there's an engagement:

Spoiler

950314895_ScreenShot2018-05-23at1_27_15PM.thumb.png.5289b905ceb4930c1aa8c485373c232a.png

18 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

The latest BuB promo looks like there's an engagement:

Hide contents

950314895_ScreenShot2018-05-23at1_27_15PM.thumb.png.5289b905ceb4930c1aa8c485373c232a.png

It’s been discussed above - the episode is the one where Kelton asks Josie to court. It’s likely he bent down to tie a lace or something and they just pulled that for the commercial to trade people.

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It’s been discussed above - the episode is the one where Kelton asks Josie to court. It’s likely he bent down to tie a lace or something and they just pulled that for the commercial to trade people.

Sorry I guess I missed that. Never mind then.

13 hours ago, JillyO said:

As much as I dislike him - I have to say, the more time passes, the more props I give fundie Zoolander for (apparently) realizing that they are not ready for marriage yet. Based on what Carlin has said publically, I can only imagine the "subtle hints" she constantly drops when they are not being followed around by cameras. Kudos to Evan for standing his ground this long.

I must have missed something, what did Evan say about waiting? Was it on instagram?

17 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

I must have missed something, what did Evan say about waiting? Was it on instagram?

He didn't say anything about waiting. I'm just commenting on the fact that they are not yet engaged, despite having been courting for a significant amount of time and Carlin repeatedly (and publically) stating that she wishes they were engaged already. So I can only assume she is putting even more pressure on him in private to "finally" propose .

I always kinda figured when Evan proposes is up to Gil a lot more than it's up to Evan. 

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

I always kinda figured when Evan proposes is up to Gil a lot more than it's up to Evan. 

It probably is Gil and Kelly as well as his parents delaying the nuptials. This is also likely the reason he is going to some sort of trade school. (Electrician right?) But honestly if Josie ends up with a ring before Carlin I wouldn't be surprised if Carlin calls off the courtship to look for someone more ready for marriage. 

44 minutes ago, tumblr said:

It probably is Gil and Kelly as well as his parents delaying the nuptials. This is also likely the reason he is going to some sort of trade school. (Electrician right?) But honestly if Josie ends up with a ring before Carlin I wouldn't be surprised if Carlin calls off the courtship to look for someone more ready for marriage

I can't help but wonder if Carlin ever compares Evan to Bobby & Kelton. They're the same age, but both Bobby & Kelton seem to have some sort of career path that they're already prepared for. Jury is still out on whether or not Bobby will be successful in his endeavors, but he has some popular fundies backing him. Evan is just now getting started with electrician school/training. Comparison is the thief of joy and all that, but she's obviously impatient to move onto the next level, but neither of them (most likely) have the income or resources to make that happen.

On 5/23/2018 at 1:52 PM, VelociRapture said:

No, it's likely they asked him to pose like that for a staged courtship proposal. Do you really think all those courtship proposals we see are lucky filming accidents? With the lighting, sound, and view all perfectly clear? With no obstructions or people walking by?

These things are staged. Gil (and hopefully Josie) agreed to have it filmed. Her guy probably asked her to court earlier in private, or else agreed to have his big moment filmed on camera.  Or else they asked the kids to pose, in order to use it as a "teaser" to people like us. 

I mean, look at that photo. The lighting is perfect. There are no people skating by.  Josie's hair is perfect. These things rarely all happen together by accident, especially in a place like a skating rink with very little natural light.

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

No, it's likely they asked him to pose like that for a staged courtship proposal. Do you really think all those courtship proposals we see are lucky filming accidents? With the lighting, sound, and view all perfectly clear? With no obstructions or people walking by?

These things are staged. Gil (and hopefully Josie) agreed to have it filmed. Her guy probably asked her to court earlier in private, or else agreed to have his big moment filmed on camera.  Or else they asked the kids to pose, in order to use it as a "teaser" to people like us. 

I mean, look at that photo. The lighting is perfect. There are no people skating by.  Josie's hair is perfect. These things rarely all happen together by accident, especially in a place like a skating rink with very little natural light.

But we know that Kelton asked Josie to court on some bridge based on the photos Taryn Yaeger took when they announced their courtship. I actually don’t think the girls know exactly the date/place/time of their courtships. The skating rink may very well be  part of their courtship date but I don’t think that’s the exact time or place of the courtship proposal, it was likely the lead up to it.

Take Carlin’s courtship episode for example. She was planning a beach day with Evan and was wearing a swimsuit and her hair up when he showed up. She then at that point realized what was going on and ran to her room to change her clothes and fix her hair and makeup. 

Spoiler

6E3069E0-A981-463A-B194-79C401251827.thumb.jpeg.c76d65f836eb0bc91b79666e54053d87.jpeg

Spoiler

E08E1276-2BCD-4B42-9DFF-830D2D70C0A9.thumb.jpeg.b7def354dae912d3f7ada1d4a35200a2.jpeg

Take Carlin’s courtship episode for example. She was planning a beach day with Evan and was wearing a swimsuit and her hair up when he showed up. She then at that point realized what was going on and ran to her room to change her clothes and fix her hair and makeup. 

I agree the girls may not know when their bfs are going to pop the question. However, they certainly know they are being filmed, because the crew has to set up and then is all around them, with their boom mikes and all.

Also, it's certainly possible to have a staged scene where Carlin pretends she needs to rush and change her outfit.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived