IGNORED

Turpins 2- California Torture House (Graphic content discussed)

dawbs

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/30529-turpins-13-shackled-kids/

Continued from :
http://www.freejinger.org/topic/30529-turpins-13-shackled-kids/?page=24

The info thus far is that there were 13 kids in varying degrees of abused, in the house.  The parents have been charged.  
I'll let FJ update anything additional.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my detailed synopsis of the case that has profoundly affected me and has deeply triggered me. I've included videos of the live stream press conference, court appearance of David & Louise, video of Louise's sisters being interviewed, article links to BBC & Daily Mail, and a link to the Corona Chamber of Commerce's donation page for the kids including their address in case you want to write letters to the kids, thanks to FJ member Sideways. Admins, feel free to add this to the helpmeet post so it shows up at the top for those just tuning in.

The shocking claims include:

• The children were accustomed to frequent beatings, including strangulation
    • They were only allowed one shower a year
    • The children would stay awake all night until going to sleep at four or five in the morning and slept during the day
    • They were not allowed to play with any toys but many were found inside the house in their original packaging
    • If the children washed their hands above the wrist they were subjected to punishments, allegedly accused of "playing with water"
    • Prosecutors said circumstantial evidence showed the children were not released from their chains to go to the toilet.
    • The teenager who escaped and alerted police to the house where her siblings were held captive had been hatching a plan to leave for two years, Mr Hestrin added.
    • The Turpin parents allowed their children to eat only one meal a day but the parents would sometimes buy food, like pumpkin pies, and place it where the children could see it but not eat it
    • They have never seen a dentist and haven't visited a doctor in over four years
    • The children lack basic knowledge of life, and did not know who a police officer was
    • At one point, the parents allegedly lived in a different house from their children and would drop off food from time to time, officials said.
    • Mr Turpin also faces one count of "lewd act on a child under 14 years of age"
    • Several of the children have cognitive impairment and "neuropathy, which is nerve damage, as a result of this extreme and prolonged physical abuse," Mr Hestrin said.
    • David & Louise are pleading not guilty and are due back in court on February 23rd

Link to BBC article: 

Official Website Link of the Corona Chamber of Commerce (ANYTHING, such as GoFundMes ELSE ARE FAKE) for Donations & Needs for the 13 Turpin Kids:
http://www.mychamber.org/events/details/donations-for-perris-abuse-victims-14222

They are now asking for mostly cash donations but here is the Basic Needs List:

Spoiler

For Infectious Control, please only NEW items.
Needs:
Camisoles (xsmall)
Pajamas
Sweatpants/sweatshirts
Tops/preferably long sleeve 
        (crew neck for both male and female, No V-neck)
Lightweight Jackets
Underwear (conservative panties/male briefs)
Socks
Shoes
Jeans
Hygiene Products
Feminine Products

Other Items Needed:
Crafts (Jewelry kits, Weaving Kits, etc)
Play-Do
Legos
Journal (preferably hard-bound)
Notebooks, for doodling (fun, pretty, glittery)
Crayons (primary colors)
Books dealing with emotions and feelings

• I found noteworthy they're requesting "books dealing with emotions and feelings". I will pick a positive one aimed for kids.
  • I, myself, am going to be sending letters of love to the kids. In addition, I'll be creating care packages for the Turpin Kids along with local foster kids through CPS where I live and will head over to the Dollar Tree to pick up: crayons, colored pencils, coloring books and/or doodle art pad, picture children's book and a positive adventure book for the older ones.

IF you want to send the kids a letter  FJ member Sideways inquired and found out the Corona Chamber of Commerce, which is coordinating the donations for the children, advised today that the public is welcome to send letters to the 7 adult children and to write a cover note to Linda Pearson explaining letters are for the adult children and was Sideways was advised it should be simple, elementary school level.  The address is:

• ADDRESS: Corona Regional Medical Center, 800 South Main Street, Corona, CA 92882  to the attention of:  Linda Pearson

The Daily Mail has wrote many good articles on this case. Here's one that covers today with many pictures of a grinning Louise BLECH PUKE: :puke-right:

Interviews with Louise's Two Sisters:

LIVE STREAM VIDEO of the Informative, Tragic Turpin Press Conference Today:

Spoiler

LIVE STREAM VIDEO of David & Louise Turpin appearing in court at their arraignment today:

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Sideways said:

@adidas  Louise's middle name is Ann

Everything I’ve seen says it’s Anna - I wonder if there is a court filing from this morning online where can we can find out for sure. 

6 minutes ago, adidas said:

Everything I’ve seen says it’s Anna - I wonder if there is a court filing from this morning online where can we can find out for sure. 

Per the online Texas Birth Registry, it is Ann.

1 minute ago, VVV said:

Per the online Texas Birth Registry, it is Ann.

Ah thanks.

My marriage certificate lists both my own mother and my mother in law’s names incorrectly, so I’m never surprised to see errors on official documents. 

I think people suspected this was the case in the last thread:

"The victimisation appeared to intensify over time," Riverside County District Attorney Mike Hestrin said in announcing charges against the pair.

"What started out as neglect became severe, pervasive, prolonged child abuse."

49 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

This is my detailed synopsis of the case that has profoundly affected me and has deeply triggered me. I've included videos of the live stream press conference, court appearance of David & Louise, video of Louise's sisters being interviewed, article links to BBC & Daily Mail, and a link to the Corona Chamber of Commerce's donation page for the kids including their address in case you want to write letters to the kids, thanks to FJ member Sideways. Admins, feel free to add this to Carm's post so it shows up at the top for those just tuning in.

"The shocking claims include:

• The children were accustomed to frequent beatings, including strangulation
  • They were only allowed one shower a year
  • The children would stay awake all night until going to sleep at four or five in the morning and slept during the day
  • They were not allowed to play with any toys but many were found inside the house in their original packaging
  • If the children washed their hands above the wrist they were subjected to punishments, allegedly accused of "playing with water"
  • Prosecutors said circumstantial evidence showed the children were not released from their chains to go to the toilet.
  • The teenager who escaped and alerted police to the house where her siblings were held captive had been hatching a plan to leave for two years, Mr Hestrin added.
  • The Turpin parents allowed their children to eat only one meal a day but the parents would sometimes buy food, like pumpkin pies, and place it where the children could see it but not eat it
  • They have never seen a dentist and haven't visited a doctor in over four years
  • The children lack basic knowledge of life, and did not know who a police officer was
  • At one point, the parents allegedly lived in a different house from their children and would drop off food from time to time, officials said.
  • Mr Turpin also faces one count of "lewd act on a child under 14 years of age"
  • Several of the children have cognitive impairment and "neuropathy, which is nerve damage, as a result of this extreme and prolonged physical abuse," Mr Hestrin said.
  • David & Louise are pleading not guilty and are due back in court on February 23rd

Link to BBC article: 

Official Website Link of the Corona Chamber of Commerce (ANYTHING, such as GoFundMes ELSE ARE FAKE) for Donations & Needs for the 13 Turpin Kids:
http://www.mychamber.org/events/details/donations-for-perris-abuse-victims-14222

They are now asking for mostly cash donations but here is the Basic Needs List:

Reveal hidden contents

For Infectious Control, please only NEW items.
Needs:
Camisoles (xsmall)
Pajamas
Sweatpants/sweatshirts
Tops/preferably long sleeve 
        (crew neck for both male and female, No V-neck)
Lightweight Jackets
Underwear (conservative panties/male briefs)
Socks
Shoes
Jeans
Hygiene Products
Feminine Products

Other Items Needed:
Crafts (Jewelry kits, Weaving Kits, etc)
Play-Do
Legos
Journal (preferably hard-bound)
Notebooks, for doodling (fun, pretty, glittery)
Crayons (primary colors)
Books dealing with emotions and feelings

• I found noteworthy they're requesting "books dealing with emotions and feelings". I will pick a positive one aimed for kids.
  • I, myself, am going to be sending letters of love to the kids. In addition, I'll be creating care packages for the Turpin Kids along with local foster kids through CPS where I live and will head over to the Dollar Tree to pick up: crayons, colored pencils, coloring books and/or doodle art pad, picture children's book and a positive adventure book for the older ones.

IF you want to send the kids a letter  FJ member Sideways inquired and found out the Corona Chamber of Commerce, which is coordinating the donations for the children, advised today that the public is welcome to send letters to the 7 adult children and to write a cover note to Linda Pearson explaining letters are for the adult children and was Sideways was advised it should be simple, elementary school level.  The address is:

• ADDRESS: Corona Regional Medical Center, 800 South Main Street, Corona, CA 92882  to the attention of:  Linda Pearson

The Daily Mail has wrote many good articles on this case. Here's one that covers today with many pictures of a grinning Louise BLECH PUKE: :puke-right:

Interviews with Louise's Two Sisters:

LIVE STREAM VIDEO of the Informative, Tragic Turpin Press Conference Today:

Reveal hidden contents

LIVE STREAM VIDEO of David & Louise Turpin appearing in court at their arraignment today:

Reveal hidden contents

What are the names of the adults to send letters and things to? I can’t find names. I would like to send notes of encouragement and some stress reliving coloring books. 

3 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

What are the names of the adults to send letters and things to? I can’t find names. I would like to send notes of encouragement and some stress reliving coloring books. 

That's a great idea! I was going to call them up tomorrow and ask about that since I can't find it either.

8 minutes ago, adidas said:

Hestrin said that the abuse began in 2010. 

At the time, the parents would tie the children up as punishment with rope, he said.

Just watched the press conference. Wow. So heartbreaking. 

And as a slight distraction...the DA (Mike Hestrin) handled it so well. (And wasn't too bad to look at. ;))

To everyone who wants to send stuff to these people:  there are literally MILLIONS of people sending stuff. Millions. Others have decided to donate to local organizations who take care of the victims of the "non-famous" but equally appalling abusers.

I would suggest choosing wisely.

I honestly never thought something would make me say "things are better in Poopistan" but geez, this is it. 

I honestly have no words, and unfortunately I think more and worse is likely to come out.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Already the basic needs list has been met with donations! This is something encouraging. They are highly visible now.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Thank you @luv2laugh and @Sideways 

This is a lovely idea and thank you both for this info. They need an overwhelming outpouring of love right now and in the months and years to come.:my_heart::tw_heart: 

54 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

To everyone who wants to send stuff to these people:  there are literally MILLIONS of people sending stuff. Millions. Others have decided to donate to local organizations who take care of the victims of the "non-famous" but equally appalling abusers.

I would suggest choosing wisely.

I am actually doing both. I don't think it's a crime to still send things to the Turpin kids as well as donate & send cards/care-packages to children in need locally. I also don't think eager people should be discouraged from helping the Turpins but rather encouraged to help the Turpins AND suffering children locally.

For some feeling a bit traumatized from this case such as myself, many of us want to know that we did SOMETHING to help these survivors- and I will NOT be shamed for simply sending the kids a letter or a little care package. In fact, if everyone thought this way, the Turpin kids wouldn't receive any help and it would become a situation akin to the bystander effect.

There is nothing wrong with helping as many people as possible and serving as your heart calls on you to do. Please don't discourage others rather, encourage those that are eager, to serve both. IMO, it's wrong to imply that someone would not be "choosing wisely" when it's a good thing they're lending a helping hand to a suffering soul in the first place. If you want to talk about choosing wisely, some sit and do nothing. Now that's unwise. Choosing wisely is saying "Man, I am blessed and I am going to share my love by doing SOMETHING to make someone else's day a little brighter".

On an unrelated note, I had my haircut and had someone shampoo my hair today who seemed visibly nervous about it and said she was from Greece, just arrived here on Friday and was staying with family for 2 months before returning back home. I gave her a large tip that I insisted she take because I wanted her to explore and have a good time touring. Could I have used that money to instead donate to the Turpins or to children in need? Yes. But you know what? I wanted to make her day *a little* brighter knowing that I don't have to limit myself to only helping one person (whether that help is financial, emotional, or even just giving someone a smile and hug).

@luv2laugh I was literally about to post the same thing, when I got a notice of your reply . . . I agree, why not both?

I applaud you for linking sources and ways to donate directly to them ~ you're a kind and thoughtul soul . . . And I'm sorry for the triggers this case has brought on, and hope the next few days/weeks aren't too overwhelming  <3

It does say the letters would be for the "adult children". Meaning the adult victims.  My guess is that all mail will be looked over, everything should be kept to more simple and encouraging notes, cards and pictures or drawings, and perhaps the smaller ones will get to see that but it is so hard for anyone to know what level they are at right now the younger ones may need qualified professionals to deal with them at this point.

I am struggling to think of how to address them by name without knowing their name. I tried calling today but they were busy and went to voicemail. I will try again tomorrow and if I know anything, comment here. I am thinking of referring to them as "Dear Loved One," or "Dear Awesome Fellow" since it is neutral that way? I am thinking of putting in a picture of myself and my cat so they can visualize that an ACTUAL person cares about them even though that may seem strange.

Also, another idea is to stick a short roll of peel-able adhesive stickers in with the card since it will fit and it gives the kids a cheap gift in an envelope. I'm going to do that and put in those glittery sequin hearts inside so it will fall out when they open. 

There's nothing better than receiving a card when you're either in the hospital or completely alone so just sending a card itself is a good idea for people to do.

In the list, they stated "glittery, pretty notebooks" were requested. I think one of the girls probably said they liked glittery, pretty things.

ALSO, I'm sure people on FJ already know not to do this but DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING RELIGIOUS IN THE CARD. My friend from high school ran her own cards for sick kids in the hospital organization and from what she told me, the hospital would not hand out any cards that referenced anything religious.

We will get more info and maybe some names in the days to come but for now I dunno, I think neutral is the way to go. I think just general encouragement that they are doing the right thing and showing that people are behind them would be wonderful for them.

28 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I honestly never thought something would make me say "things are better in Poopistan" but geez, this is it. 

I honestly have no words, and unfortunately I think more and worse is likely to come out.

I know. And I think this case resonates with so many of us because of families that we follow,  (like the Nauglers). Deep down we hope something like this never happens to the kids ( ANY kid, of course), but we suspect that with these people, the risk is high and very real. 

I am struggling to think of how to address them by name without knowing their name. I tried calling today but they were busy and went to voicemail. I will try again tomorrow and if I know anything, comment here. I am thinking of referring to them as "Dear Loved One," since it is neutral that way? I am thinking of putting in a picture of myself and my cat so they can visualize that an ACTUAL person cares about them even though that may seem strange.
I love the idea of personalizing the cards with a photo or little bit about yourself + cat. Receiving a mountain of mail from faceless strangers seems a bit daunting. I am loving all your ideas for care packages, though am terrible myself about getting things together and putting them in the mail... Will try to find a way to donate locally. I remember visiting a local foster shelter a few years ago; maybe I can call and see if they take donations.

33 minutes ago, BobJonesBabe said:

the DA (Mike Hestrin) handled it so well.

I will say from personal experience that the Riverside DA's office handles things very professionally, almost to a fault of seeming like they are not moving on something, when in fact they are, but they want to make sure opposing counsel has no wiggle room.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived