Jump to content
IGNORED

My Crazy Doterra Lady


Recommended Posts

lilwriter85
3 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

Can you give me some info? I'm interested  in EOs, but dont want to buy in the whole young living stuff.

I buy from Mountain Rose Herbs which has a good reputation and the pricing isn't too expensive imo. For safe advice, I use this site for advice on use and how to dilute in carrier oils.

 

https://www.aromaweb.com/

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • EowynW

    21

  • FilleMondaine

    3

  • Red Hair, Black Dress

    3

  • lilwriter85

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would be so tempted to go to her for help with my addiction to black pepper 

I asked her privately if she realized that what she had done was against the law. And explained you can't decide on your own if a report is true or not, you have to report it anyway, letting trained p

Good on you! The Turpin story is also giving me the "feels". Had to call on our neighbors, actually, that very day. Now, the military triggers supportive/prevention services (Called New Parenting

Posted Images

desertvixen

Hear you about the YL craziness.  One of my former Soldiers has just gotten into it...

  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I work with essential oils, it’s my business. Fragrance purposes, not anything else.
If you’re just starting out with using essential oils, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with buying them at Target or Walgreens or another drugstore. Most of them do have small bottles of essential oils. There is no actual grading of oils, so as long as something is 100% essential oil, it is considered to be the same thing. Regardless of who produces it. There’s no such thing as therapeutic grade, there’s no such thing as treatment grade, etc. there is no certification process, there’s no ranking, either something is an essential oil, or it’s not.
Since I buy 8oz or more at a time, I tend to shop at Camden-Grey, which is a great bulk supplier. I concur that Mountain Rose is a terrific vendor, as long as you’re not trying to buy in bulk, then they get pricey.

  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
EowynW
14 hours ago, bea said:

I work with essential oils, it’s my business. Fragrance purposes, not anything else.
If you’re just starting out with using essential oils, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with buying them at Target or Walgreens or another drugstore. Most of them do have small bottles of essential oils. There is no actual grading of oils, so as long as something is 100% essential oil, it is considered to be the same thing. Regardless of who produces it. There’s no such thing as therapeutic grade, there’s no such thing as treatment grade, etc. there is no certification process, there’s no ranking, either something is an essential oil, or it’s not.
Since I buy 8oz or more at a time, I tend to shop at Camden-Grey, which is a great bulk supplier. I concur that Mountain Rose is a terrific vendor, as long as you’re not trying to buy in bulk, then they get pricey.

Welllllllll... yes and no. Do you follow essential oil university? He's a chemist who tests them out for various companies. And many are not what they seem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
lilwriter85
33 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Welllllllll... yes and no. Do you follow essential oil university? He's a chemist who tests them out for various companies. And many are not what they seem. 

I have wondered about Essential Oil University. On the anti-MLM subreddit on reddit, someone said that a perfumer that she knows was trained by EOU and that she and other perfumers have been fighting against doterra and YL reps who spread false information regarding EOs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
EowynW
6 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I have wondered about Essential Oil University. On the anti-MLM subreddit on reddit, someone said that a perfumer that she knows was trained by EOU and that she and other perfumers have been fighting against doterra and YL reps who spread false information regarding EOs.

I really like him. He will give scientific breakdowns in response various EO claims. He's huge about never investing them and only using them topically in a carrier oil. I follow his page on Facebook. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoobydoo

I will admit the only thing I use an EO for is euthanizing fish. Clove oil when used in low doses is a fish-safe anesthetic. Increasing the dose after they are anesthetized is a fairly human way to off them when needed. 

Now, though, I see I should be rubbing it all over my chest so my dreams come true and I can walk around smelling like Christmas scented potpourri. :occasion-santa:

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
zeebaneighba
Quote

Now, though, I see I should be rubbing it all over my chest so my dreams come true and I can walk around smelling like Christmas scented potpourri. 

But, you know, your aunt cured her immune deficiency with Plexus and essential oils!

Seriously; I do not know how I am related to most of my siblings,

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
EowynW
On 4/17/2018 at 1:04 AM, Shoobydoo said:

I will admit the only thing I use an EO for is euthanizing fish. Clove oil when used in low doses is a fish-safe anesthetic. Increasing the dose after they are anesthetized is a fairly human way to off them when needed. 

Now, though, I see I should be rubbing it all over my chest so my dreams come true and I can walk around smelling like Christmas scented potpourri. :occasion-santa:

I'm going to remember this. I wish I could do that when I go fishing. My least favorite part of fishing, lol. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoobydoo
9 hours ago, EowynW said:

I'm going to remember this. I wish I could do that when I go fishing. My least favorite part of fishing, lol. 

Sadly, I don't think it would work very well on a fishing trip. It's a pretty slow process (usually takes at least 20 minutes if you're rushing it a bit) and you would need a ton of oil for a fish that size. :my_sad: I have read the fastest way to kill a fish is to either pop it on the top of the skull with a hammer or cut it's throat. I want to learn how to fish, but I will have to see how I deal with the actual fish once I've caught them. My friend's grandpa just cut them up with an electric knife while they were still alive. :tw_flushed:

Edited by Shoobydoo
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Status Updates

    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      I thought I found the part I need for my car on O'Reilly Auto Parts' website, but it looks like I can't get it at this time. 
      (Please, please, please, please, please click the link! The joke only works if you see it. I promise it really is the auto parts site! )
      For those who can't or won't click:
       
      · 1 reply
    • Cartmann99

      Cartmann99

      A few weeks ago, I was telling @HerNameIsBuffy about the generously sized single carrot I received from Imperfect Foods. Well, today I got two more monsters in my box. I ordered a pound of carrots and a pound of sweet potatoes, and this is what they gave me:

      At its widest point, the sweet potato is nine inches in diameter, while the carrot tops out at seven and three-quarter inches. I kinda feel bad about my plans to eat them, as these two are definitely large enough to pursue careers in the adult film industry.
      · 3 replies
    • Bethella

      Bethella

      Fuck. Both of my interns are in quarantine. One is positive, the other is a close contact (her exposure was from her roommate, not the other intern). I know six other people who are or were sick within the last month and at least four other people who've had to quarantine after close contact. Things were supposed to be getting better. 😷
       
      · 0 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      I think most of us on FJ dislike the way many of the fundies talk about "training" their children. I've often read FJers post, "You train a dog. You teach a child."
      I would also bet that most of us don't think about humans as being "well bred", like a good breeding line of purebred dogs. 
      I'm a bit nauseated right now from reading the phrase "well bred" applied to human beings so many times. What bullshit.
      And apparently, I think too much.
      · 3 replies
    • FluffySnowball

      FluffySnowball

      Wishing everyone on FJ a very happy month of Ramadan and lots of peace and blessings ✨🙏
      · 1 reply
    • Bluebirdbluebell

      Bluebirdbluebell

      I feel like we need a Rachel Hollis snark thread. She landed in a lot of trouble recently after a bad TIKTOK video. She isn't fundie, although she is the daughter of a Pentecostal minister.  I've been watching videos on Youtube about her, both from before the scandal and now. I didn't know much about her, but I'm catching up.
      · 1 reply
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Conservatives on mask mandates: they’re just trying to make people comply with government rules. Resist!
      Conservatives after yet another police shooting of an unarmed black man: He should have complied with the police’s orders.  
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      There is no Dana, only Zuul
       
      · 0 replies
    • WiseGirl

      WiseGirl

      I have a pile of old vintage handkerchiefs with lace crochet edges. Anyone have any ideas on how to display or use them? My grandmother made some of them. Time to get them out of the drawer.
      · 2 replies
    • K'Z'K

      K'Z'K

      Attention Massholes!
      There will be a drive-through J&J vaccine clinic in Rutland (near Worcester) on April 19-22, and as of this writing--about 9:30pm on Sunday, April 11--there are tons of slots open on all but the first day. Anyone who lives (or works?) in Massachusetts and is over 18 can sign up now.
      https://www.rrecc.us/vaccine
       
      [And for everyone else: yes, people from Massachusetts are called Massholes. People from elsewhere started calling us that as an insult, but we ran with it. Vaccine demand is wicked high here, so it's hard to get appointments. Hence the public service announcement.]
       
      Side note: I know that J&J allocations are dropping this week, but I presume, or at least hope, that they've planned for that and either already have the vaccines on hand or will get them.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.