IGNORED

My Crazy Doterra Lady

EowynW

3 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

Can you give me some info? I'm interested  in EOs, but dont want to buy in the whole young living stuff.

I buy from Mountain Rose Herbs which has a good reputation and the pricing isn't too expensive imo. For safe advice, I use this site for advice on use and how to dilute in carrier oils.

https://www.aromaweb.com/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work with essential oils, it’s my business. Fragrance purposes, not anything else.
If you’re just starting out with using essential oils, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with buying them at Target or Walgreens or another drugstore. Most of them do have small bottles of essential oils. There is no actual grading of oils, so as long as something is 100% essential oil, it is considered to be the same thing. Regardless of who produces it. There’s no such thing as therapeutic grade, there’s no such thing as treatment grade, etc. there is no certification process, there’s no ranking, either something is an essential oil, or it’s not.
Since I buy 8oz or more at a time, I tend to shop at Camden-Grey, which is a great bulk supplier. I concur that Mountain Rose is a terrific vendor, as long as you’re not trying to buy in bulk, then they get pricey.

14 hours ago, bea said:

I work with essential oils, it’s my business. Fragrance purposes, not anything else.
If you’re just starting out with using essential oils, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with buying them at Target or Walgreens or another drugstore. Most of them do have small bottles of essential oils. There is no actual grading of oils, so as long as something is 100% essential oil, it is considered to be the same thing. Regardless of who produces it. There’s no such thing as therapeutic grade, there’s no such thing as treatment grade, etc. there is no certification process, there’s no ranking, either something is an essential oil, or it’s not.
Since I buy 8oz or more at a time, I tend to shop at Camden-Grey, which is a great bulk supplier. I concur that Mountain Rose is a terrific vendor, as long as you’re not trying to buy in bulk, then they get pricey.

Welllllllll... yes and no. Do you follow essential oil university? He's a chemist who tests them out for various companies. And many are not what they seem. 

33 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Welllllllll... yes and no. Do you follow essential oil university? He's a chemist who tests them out for various companies. And many are not what they seem. 

I have wondered about Essential Oil University. On the anti-MLM subreddit on reddit, someone said that a perfumer that she knows was trained by EOU and that she and other perfumers have been fighting against doterra and YL reps who spread false information regarding EOs.

6 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I have wondered about Essential Oil University. On the anti-MLM subreddit on reddit, someone said that a perfumer that she knows was trained by EOU and that she and other perfumers have been fighting against doterra and YL reps who spread false information regarding EOs.

I really like him. He will give scientific breakdowns in response various EO claims. He's huge about never investing them and only using them topically in a carrier oil. I follow his page on Facebook. 

I will admit the only thing I use an EO for is euthanizing fish. Clove oil when used in low doses is a fish-safe anesthetic. Increasing the dose after they are anesthetized is a fairly human way to off them when needed. 

Now, though, I see I should be rubbing it all over my chest so my dreams come true and I can walk around smelling like Christmas scented potpourri. :occasion-santa:

Now, though, I see I should be rubbing it all over my chest so my dreams come true and I can walk around smelling like Christmas scented potpourri. 

But, you know, your aunt cured her immune deficiency with Plexus and essential oils!

Seriously; I do not know how I am related to most of my siblings,

On 4/17/2018 at 1:04 AM, Shoobydoo said:

I will admit the only thing I use an EO for is euthanizing fish. Clove oil when used in low doses is a fish-safe anesthetic. Increasing the dose after they are anesthetized is a fairly human way to off them when needed. 

Now, though, I see I should be rubbing it all over my chest so my dreams come true and I can walk around smelling like Christmas scented potpourri. :occasion-santa:

I'm going to remember this. I wish I could do that when I go fishing. My least favorite part of fishing, lol. 

9 hours ago, EowynW said:

I'm going to remember this. I wish I could do that when I go fishing. My least favorite part of fishing, lol. 

Sadly, I don't think it would work very well on a fishing trip. It's a pretty slow process (usually takes at least 20 minutes if you're rushing it a bit) and you would need a ton of oil for a fish that size. :my_sad: I have read the fastest way to kill a fish is to either pop it on the top of the skull with a hammer or cut it's throat. I want to learn how to fish, but I will have to see how I deal with the actual fish once I've caught them. My friend's grandpa just cut them up with an electric knife while they were still alive. :tw_flushed:

Archived