IGNORED

My Crazy Doterra Lady

EowynW

So, I have shared before about my local Doterra Lady, who bullshits people using Jesus & Essential Oils. I think in the Boyer sister threads. 

Now, I do use some oils, in a safe way for specific things, but this lady is just nuts. 

So last summer she said she got arrested and "oils helped her stay calm in jail." I looked online at the warrant and tada! It was for knowingly failing to report known child abuse. I'm in a mandatory reporting state 

This week, she has finally taken to social media to "tell the story" and I'm so horrified because it turned into "we were persecuted for following Jesus." It's a public account so I'm including a few screenshots. 

IMG_1832.PNG

IMG_1831.PNG

IMG_1829.PNG

IMG_1830.PNG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked her privately if she realized that what she had done was against the law. And explained you can't decide on your own if a report is true or not, you have to report it anyway, letting trained people investigate. 

And she comes back with this word vomit of  (my paraphrase) "they are friends ours and  we knew it wasn't true! We obey God rather than man! We consider others first, that is our law. And we walk in the spirit of God, which is more honorable and obedience than the law of man. We were persecuted for following God and not man etc etc etc etc" which is perfect fundie bullshit speak. 

Apparantly their lawyer got them off the charges because "they didn't have reason to believe." But it still sounds so fishy to me. 

When I asked how how did she know the teenager was lying? She immediately clammed up and said she couldn't say anymore. That she "couldn't carry the offense of others." 

Bull. Shit. 

Good on you!

The Turpin story is also giving me the "feels". Had to call on our neighbors, actually, that very day. Now, the military triggers supportive/prevention services (Called New Parenting Support Program) which involves in-home nurse visits, parenting class, even babyproofing items! It is not so punitive, and is easier to call because of that. I am a reporter, but didn't have enough to know for sure. Calling Family Advocacy was the perfect solution. That family will now have services at best and charges against them at worst.

Wanted to pop up and share and make sure that everyone here knows: If there is a military-affiliated person or family that you are concerned about, call Military One Source: 800-342-9647. This includes suspected child maltreatment, domestic violence, depression, suicide ideation, financial issues, deployment worries...

You can also go to the website and do a chat.

Once again, good on you, EowynW for calling out a person who failed to help the helpless!

I was always under the impression that in my state, (Texas) you reported no matter what. I never did find out if it was a valid allegation or not, but it seems so fishy to me that I'm betting something was wrong in that family. I guess we'll never know, but to see her spin that story like that is unsettling. She used to go to Mr EW's former church and he told me she caused a lot of trouble there  

It deeply upsets me because I come from a background watching situations be handled poorly in my former churches. 

@EowynW I believe you are correct about Texas.  I will say:  one can relay and report anonymously here.  And part of the questions when you do so is are if you had any first hand knowledge/witnessed the act itself.  I have volunteered with youth and have called things in merely because a teenager told me.  The first time I did so, I told the person I felt strange as I didn't have any more information than what was told to me.  The person who took the call reassured me that one should always report if a child says they are a victim and let them conduct the appropriate investigation.  They are the ones trained to investigate and determine truthfulness, and because speaking up should be encouraged, an adult should always take the word of the child at face value.

3 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

@EowynW I believe you are correct about Texas.  I will say:  one can relay and report anonymously here.  And part of the questions when you do so is are if you had any first hand knowledge/witnessed the act itself.  I have volunteered with youth and have called things in merely because a teenager told me.  The first time I did so, I told the person I felt strange as I didn't have any more information than what was told to me.  The person who took the call reassured me that one should always report if a child says they are a victim and let them conduct the appropriate investigation.  They are the ones trained to investigate and determine truthfulness, and because speaking up should be encouraged, an adult should always take the word of the child at face value.

That is what I was thinking too. And I told her that. Then I got a long rambling Holy and saintly Christian bullshit message back. It made me sick to my stomach because I've heard churches covering up abuse say those exact same things. 

OMG.  Has anyone else reported what the teenager said? Is there anyone else who can?  If there is even the remotest possibility that it's true that young girl needs help.

Since you know of this and reporting had be anonymous, is there a possibility you can let authorities know?

6 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

OMG.  Has anyone else reported what the teenager said? Is there anyone else who can?  If there is even the remotest possibility that it's true that young girl needs help.

Since you know of this and reporting had be anonymous, is there a possibility you can let authorities know?

It was handled but I never knew how it all ended up. I don't know the Doterra lady's friends/also next door neighbors, who were the ones with the teenage daughter.  Doterra Lady was arrested because someone else was also told and they reported the whole thing. Hence Doterra Lady getting busted for NOT reporting. 

This all happened last summer. But she's just now "telling" the story to the public. I originally heard about it from my Fundie MIL, who, obviously sides with her friend Doterra Lady. 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

I was always under the impression that in my state, (Texas) you reported no matter what. I never did find out if it was a valid allegation or not, but it seems so fishy to me that I'm betting something was wrong in that family.

Morally and ethically, yes.  In practice people try to excuse non-reporting just as DoTerra Lady did.  She's a nasty piece of work.  

Everyone is protected if they make a "good faith" report.  Good faith doesn't mean "has reasonable cause" because you don't have to prove the case.  That is the investigator's job.

IME it is unusual for someone to get arrested for failure to report abuse because it is so hard to prove what someone knew and when they knew it.  The "I didn't have reasonable cause to believe" defense is actually bullshit and shouldn't work.   

I'm aware of professionals who ended up being disciplined and fined for failure to report, but in my state (unlike TX) not everyone is a mandated reporter.  Professionals should have training and some have good protocols for reporting.    

As a community member (mandated or not) you can also report concerns and consult as to whether what you have witnessed is a "reportable condition."  If they say it is, definitely go ahead and make the report.

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

The person who took the call reassured me that one should always report if a child says they are a victim and let them conduct the appropriate investigation.  They are the ones trained to investigate and determine truthfulness, and because speaking up should be encouraged, an adult should always take the word of the child at face value.

Absolutely!  Also never hold back and fail to report because you assume someone else has reported suspicions.  You may have crucial information that will help with the investigation and the case.  It is not unusual to have several reports on the same case, and each person may have a piece of the puzzle.

You can definitely report anonymously, but it makes it easier for the investigator if you give your name so they can call you back if necessary. 

It makes me wonder what would have happened if some of the people who saw odd and suspicious things about the Turpins had reported them.  After what has come out even so far, I hope a few of them are feeling very guilty for not dropping a dime. 

What the person above said: You can always call and ask if it is "reportable" or not. You can also always report anonymously.

For those outside the US reading, "mandated reporter" means that a person with that designation MUST report suspected abuse or lose their professional licenses, their jobs, or get in legal trouble.  To protect a person who is required to report suspected abuse, the mandated reporter is exempt from any lawsuit if there turns out not to be abuse.

Mandated reporters vary by state. In Ohio, therapists, teachers, doctors and the like are mandated. But all are encouraged by the city or county to call. Socially....there is not a lot of support for calling. (Full list of Ohio mandated reporters, here) Federally, all military and all DoD government employes are also mandated reporters.

Once again, thanks so much for what you do, EowynW!

7 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I... what. 

So would oils help you if you get arrested? 

Which ones, specifically?  If this were Lisa Pennington, she'd have listed all the Young LIving oils she used.

Well if it’s legit I should totally start recommending essential oils to clients instead of pleading guilty. Bet that would go over great with the judges ...

A quick search has a pretty good guide on recognizing signs of suspected abuse or neglect.  So if you want a guide to help you figure out if you should call or not, check it out.

The first call you ever make is bone-rattling, because here in the US, calling social services is considered a big deal. After many calls (in my line of work, it sadly appears often), it gets easier.

She's supposed to finish the story tomorrow. I just can't wait to see how God redeems this traumatic experience for her!!! :D /s

On 1/18/2018 at 6:19 PM, JMarie said:

Which ones, specifically?  If this were Lisa Pennington, she'd have listed all the Young LIving oils she used.

With Lisa, Thieves. She rolls in it

On 1/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, EowynW said:

This was a daughter saying her father molested her, btw. 

Sounds like Crazy DoTerra Lady jumped on the "Godly Man, so he must be Falsely Accused!™ bandwagon.   What a twit.  And interesting how it's ALL ABOUT HER and her God drama. No word for a victim and how she might be suffering. 

She finally updated this morning. Disclaimer: Screenshots from her public page. 

IMG_1899.PNG

IMG_1898.PNG

Ugh. Order has been reversed on mobile uploading, but you get the gist. 

I am ... uh... just ....  this is ..... gob smacked.  Shilling her woo-woo DoTerra oils while relating going to the arraignment for refusing to report a suspected molestation.  As the law requires. She knew of a suspected molestation of a daughter by her father and this ...... this ......... cow just hand waved it away and refused to do anythnig about it.  Thereby enabling the alleged molestation to continue.

There aren't words to describe how despicable I find this woman and her self-righteous, self-appointed "Only I know what God wants" mindset.

Actually there are words to describe what I think about this woman, but I can't write them here.

If the molestation charge is true, I hope the father is put under the jail forever, this woman is somehow punished for abetting the molestation by not reporting, and that the daughter gets in her face and describes in detail what that woman allowed to continue.

Wartburgh Watch, Spiritual Sounding Board,  Libby Anne's Love, Joy, Feminism, The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser and other Web sites report often and in detail how Evangelical churches cover up the sexual abuses of "Godly men".  The very first line of defense is just accuse the victim(s) of lying.  When things get too blatant and they can no longer cover up the sexual crimes of the Godly menfolk, they just get after it with full-on victim blaming, and forced forgiveness  (Don't be bitter!).  This woman's idiotic God histrionics should be Exhibit 1 for the kind of thinking that allows abuse to flourish. 

And yes, it bears repeating that the incidence of sexual crimes in Protestant congregations/clergy is equal to or greater than the Catholic sex abuse scandal.  

She rolled on the Peace oil while "calling down peace"? 

That's full-on Hoodoo right there. I'll skip the Doterra and find some old fashioned Peace Water or something. Aunt Caroline's Money Draw could be useful right now maybe. 

Also, I'm pretty sure God wants people to report abuse. This lady is so self-absorbed it's ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

Alas, my Crazy Doterra Lady never did finish her story! 

But today she teaches us Black Pepper EO can help us on our battles with honesty and addiction. 

IMG_2426.PNG

Archived