IGNORED

2018 March for Life Social Media Snark Thread

lilwriter85

12 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I usually correct to “pro-birth”.

They aren't really even pro-birth or pro-fetus because most of the time they vote for people who want to cut funding to programs that help pregnant women. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

On 1/27/2018 at 3:35 PM, FundieFarmer said:

The solution to this is more sex ed, providing contraception, etc. “But people shouldn’t have sex before they’re married anyway so that’s not my problem.” Shut up Karen, it is too. Because then you bitch about welfare and PP and WIC because you wanted the babies born instead of supplying preventive measures. Cut your bullshit.

We sent our daughter to private school for elementary because the public school she would have gone to was not really very good.  The one we chose was a Christian school but it had a very good reading program and she excelled at reading so that's the main reason we picked that school.  But we also knew that we would probably have to do a lot of "reprogramming" (we used the term jokingly) as far as some of the religious lessons.  We were right about that, but it was the best option for her at the time. When I was in upper elementary school, we had the "girls only" lessons with all the changes our bodies would be undergoing, etc, and the boys had theirs.  At my daughter's school, the girls pretty much had nothing at their "girls only" lessons and the boys had lessons on nonsense and it was all because a boy's mom complained that her son did not need to learn any of that stuff! Our daughter had already had those lessons from me, but she was still very surprised at how little they were actually taught about that subject.  We are also very much in favor of birth control and that was also something else she was taught. But I do wonder just what happened to some of the kids she went to elementary school with - we know at least one of them became a teenage unwed mother and I'm pretty sure her mother was of the "she doesn't need to learn that stuff" mindset.

Edited by hoipolloi
Removed duplicated text & quotes
  • Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

https://marchforlife.org/mfl-2019/  is this Friday y'all!  Keep your social media eyes peeled for your favorite fundy on the March.

I work on Capitol Hill and as always will be praying for sleet, freezing temperatures and plagues of locusts. And the patience to not fatally club the first obnoxious littering "Christian" highschooler I see.

• Upvote 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• formergothardite

formergothardite

I spotted Kindle Vella on the Amazon website late last night  and I feel like this is a concept I don’t really understand. Why would I buy a book one chapter at a time? Is there a market for purchasing books this way? Is there more to this than I noticed? I also couldn’t get it to work on my Kindle app, but that is probably user error on my part. 
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

FB friend who was my tour director went to Spain had this map up of the new tour they're doing in Spain now.
      I think you can all guess what caught my attention right away.

And as I am an FJ denizen the gutter my mind went into almost immediately.
      And now actually I'm a bit curious about the place too.

· 0 replies
    • laPapessaGiovanna

laPapessaGiovanna

So proud of her! 

· 0 replies
    • Don'tlikekoolaid

Don'tlikekoolaid

I’ve had to evacuate due to all the aggressive wildfires,  Mr Kool is evacuated to the hospital because of his non mobility, hopefully they find him a bed in the local care home.  Fire sucks.
      · 4 replies
    • Destiny

Destiny

Weather app an hour ago: No rain expected today.
      Me, looking outside: It's pouring.
      Who's confused? Me or Dark Sky?
      · 0 replies
    • nst

nst

Is there anyone else who works who feels like because things are opening up and we have our vaccines and everything we are supposed to automatically feel better despite being in shut down mode for a 1.5 years. I mean how easy is it for other people to go about their lives, like nothing has happened this past what 16 months?  I am having a hard time with this. Baby steps but what would these be?

· 3 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

When the money is burning a hole in your pocket…

· 1 reply
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

Baby A just took her first steps!!!!!!
      · 0 replies
    • HermioneSparrow

HermioneSparrow

Baby girl was born Saturday at 9pm. She came really fast, in less than an hour. An 8 pound beautiful and super healthy princess! I'm doing okay, had a bit of respiratory issues but doing better right now.
      · 24 replies
    • LadyCrow1313

LadyCrow1313

Random vent. I hate when random aches/pains come out of nowhere. I also hate not knowing what to do. Well, that's actually not 100% accurate. I do know, but it's hard to know when. (If that makes any sense.) 
      Have a good weekend, kids. ✌️
      Picture included for something cool to look at.

· 2 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.