IGNORED

Turpins - 13 shackled kids

Sideways

15 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Regarding channeling anger toward helping children, my local CPS does a bags and bears every year. They collect new stuffed animals, backpacks, bags, for foster kids. 

Thank you for telling me this. You gave me this idea now to contact them. I am actually going to call CPS tomorrow and ask how I can donate because I'd love to help send care packages to foster children, who will be in a somewhat similar situation to the Turpin kids. At the very least, I'll send letters to the Turpin kids along with my care package idea but I'll focus most of my money on care packages to the foster kids locally since the Turpins may receive generous support whereas locally, abused kids don't have the media attention. I still want to help the Turpins too though... This story has been hard to stomach. Giving back and doing something will help ease bad taste in my mouth and heaviness in my heart.

Just to think, being starved, chained up (for weeks and sometimes months), forced to soil myself and have it burn my skin, stench of my body odor and itchy scalp from never being allowed a shower, not being allowed any sunlight, growling of my stomach becoming "the norm",beaten & strangled on top of sexual abuse?  It makes me sick and is similar to how North Korean prisoners are treated. I can't erase this tragedy from memory. My maternal instinct is strong and I wish I could fly over there and hug them.

Thank you to those on FJ who are here discussing it with me. My husband is too upset about this story and doesn't want to talk it out much. My best friend who also grew up with a narc-mom like myself is also too upset to discuss it much.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the link to, and excerpt from David Turpin's bankruptcy filing from 2011.  The article where it was cited was at Heavy.com and stated there were 12 children at the time.  The page that lists the # of children; FOUR sons are listed.  The oddity of that was discussed on the Turpin thread on WebSleuths.  Was this an error by the bankruptcy attorney, or ??  Many unanswered questions.  

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/louise-turpin-david-bankruptcy-family-perris/5a615e5c97bc3_ScreenShot2018-01-18at6_15_19PM.thumb.png.b82aa492f9822281975ae4bece4b900a.png

8 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Thank you for telling me this. You gave me this idea now to contact them. I am actually going to call CPS tomorrow and ask how I can donate because I'd love to help send care packages to foster children, who will be in a somewhat similar situation to the Turpin kids. At the very least, I'll send letters to the Turpin kids along with my care package idea but I'll focus most of my money on care packages to the foster kids locally since the Turpins may receive generous support whereas locally, abused kids don't have the media attention. I still want to help the Turpins too though.. This story has been hard to stomach.

It has been a horrific story.

One of the things SF2 suggested which I'd never considered adding to care packages along with basic hygiene essentials was sanitary towels and tampons for girls and women. She's really been thinking hard about what to do. She realises that toys and clothes are nice but there are other needs that have to be resolved.

40 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Here's the link to, and excerpt from David Turpin's bankruptcy filing from 2011.  The article where it was cited was at Heavy.com and stated there were 12 children at the time.  The page that lists the # of children; FOUR sons are listed.  The oddity of that was discussed on the Turpin thread on WebSleuths.  Was this an error by the bankruptcy attorney, or ??  Many unanswered questions.  

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/louise-turpin-david-bankruptcy-family-perris/5a615e5c97bc3_ScreenShot2018-01-18at6_15_19PM.thumb.png.b82aa492f9822281975ae4bece4b900a.png

I think it’s an error. They have Louise’s middle name incorrect too. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is the toys were sent to the children by relatives and they weren't allowed to open them.

With the childlike glee that the parents exhibited at Disneyland, I wouldn't be surprised if they had plenty of collector toys around the house that the kids weren't allowed to touch. 

Honestly, with how much of a sadist this man clearly is, I wouldn't be surprised if he purposely bought interesting toys that he knew the kids would like, and then "tested" them by saying they were never allowed to touch them. 

When I watched the footage of him in court, I actually began to feel physically violent and it was difficult to breathe. I really pray he doesn't manage to kill himself before experiencing any punishment for this. 

• dawbs locked and unlocked this topic
  • dawbs locked this topic
15 hours ago, Sideways said:

again, they probably thought the name Jordon was a boy.

Archived