IGNORED

Joy and Austin 18: 234 Days Since the Wedding and Counting

Coconut Flan

Pretty sure that's Joystin's house. I seem to remember Austin wanting to make the ceiling vaulted.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

How can every Duggar lady have the BEST husband in the world????

So special, aren't they?

How would they know anyway, they never tried anyone else on for size (dating at least)

3 minutes ago, karen77 said:

How would they know anyway, they never tried anyone else on for size (dating at least)

This always kills me when they're interviewed just after kissing for the first time during their wedding ceremony. "Our first kiss was amazing - THE BEST KISS EVER!!" 

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

JD looks hot, and I don't mean sexy. He looks like a sweaty mess. AND- he's wearing JB's shirt. WTF is Jill surprised about? Can someone teach her how to smile normally for a picture instead of being SHOCKED!!!! EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

He looks hot and sweaty and Jill, Joe, and Austin are bundled up. Derick is in a tshirt. What is going on with the temperature in that picture.

4 hours ago, albireo said:

Replying to @Whatthefundie: (I stillll can't get this quoting from other threads thing worked out)

I think some of them would. I would expect Jill to try. There are plenty of gung-ho crunchy pregnancy bloggers who have talked about home births in various complicating situations like twins and breech, and we already know Jill was willing to labor at home with Izzy when he was breech. I also think Jessa would try it. What happened with Spurge didn't scare her off delivering at home even with the risk of future complications. Anna maybe too, though I don't remember if she's had any major complications so I wouldn't know how she would respond.

Technically it is illegal to do in Arkansas. Well just for the midwife. I think as long as they are still getting media coverage they won’t attempt it in Arkansas. 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Why does Jill keep making that face? Love and honour of Christ. You can put the fake surprised face away. 

Also is JD reading instructions for cold medication to Austin? 

Jill is shocked she got invited over to her sister’s house? 

I can so hear JD in his dry humor reading cold medicine directions. “Austin are you over 12? How much do you weigh? Ok where’s the little cup? Fill it to this line. Do I need to make the helicopter sound so you can drink it?”  

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

B173D084-68A2-4F36-9D8D-CBED2FCEB546.jpeg.92e1cd560abf46454dcadd7ec0105373.jpeg

I'm seriously so bothered by the windows which is super petty but this is my BEC moment for the week day.

All the windows are at different heights and the tallest one doesn't even match the door! Then, all the curtains are hung at different levels! :smiley-signs131:

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

This always kills me when they're interviewed just after kissing for the first time during their wedding ceremony. "Our first kiss was amazing - THE BEST KISS EVER!!" 

My first kiss was many things. It was not the best kiss ever. The kiss I had during my wedding ceremony, 13 years later, with another man, was better but still not the best kiss ever.

Everyone really should think their husband is the best though. I do, and if I didn’t what would be the point of being married to him? Not that the Duggar girls have a choice in that department. 

38 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

My first kiss was many things. It was not the best kiss ever.

My first kiss was disgusting. I hate saying that because I'm still friends with that guy, and we had other kisses that were really great, but that first one was barf worthy. I feel like barfing right now just thinking about it. Although I'm kindof smiling and laughing, too, because it was so bad, it's funny.

2 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

I'm seriously so bothered by the windows which is super petty but this is my BEC moment for the week day.

All the windows are at different heights and the tallest one doesn't even match the door! Then, all the curtains are hung at different levels! :smiley-signs131:

Looks like whoever planned it, didn't do a good job of it. Looks cheap and rushed, IMO. 

7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Duggar family official posted this pic:: 

The initials say it could be either Joy and Austin’s place or Turd and Anna’s... but I have the feeling it’s Joy and Austin’s. From the few pics we’ve gotten of Turd and Anna’s house it doesn’t seem like the same place.

It also doesn’t remind me that much the place Austin was renovating, so it could be a temporary place also (either that or they didn’t feel like decorating the walls that much)

Did anyone else notice that Derick looks high as hell in this photo? Can't stop laughing now! :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I don't understand why they've even posted this picture. Was this the highlight of the evening - everyone sitting about on their phones while JD reads some instructions with his back to them? Great birthday.

Candid shots are all well and good but this is J-Rod level crappiness. Like, I would not look at this photo and think 'yep! that's a keeper!'

3 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

I can hardly stand to look. And the rods are hung on the trim!!!! Ugh. 

10 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

It is interesting that the headships have made public statements about their stance on certain IBLP/Duggarhive rules but the women have been completely silent. I wish we could hear what they think.

We did. They think what their husbands think and the headships have spoken hahaha. No i agree, it would be interesting to know how they truly feel about some of those rules and life in general. 

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

Candid shots are all well and good but this is J-Rod level crappiness. Like, I would not look at this photo and think 'yep! that's a keeper!'

It captures the moment. Everyone's personality is showing. Joe has checked out, is unaffected, and on his phone. Kendra is cheerful for days for no reason. Derick looks like he's waiting for the night to be over. Jill is overcompensating for Derick's mood with exaggerated gestures of joyfulness. JD is keeping busy so as not to notice any of the aforementioned people. Some yet to be determined guy is happy that JD came up with a diversion so he, too, will not have to interact with the others.

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

The box over Jills Head? Is that an electric or some sort of utility box? In what looks like a living room? Is it a converted garage or something? I’m confused!

3 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

I hadn’t studied the picture enough to notice that, but now that you’ve said it, I can’t unsee it and it’s driving me nuts.  Thanks for that....

10 hours ago, artdecades said:

How do fundies justify using "christ-like" as a description like that? It seems sorta blasphemous to me. But im just a secular heathen jew so what do I know.

(Some) Christians aim to have Christ-like attributes/qualities/traits, so for them it is a big compliment. 

The same when they use meek. Also meant as a big compliment. Someone who follows the teachings of the gospel. 

31 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It captures the moment. Everyone's personality is showing. Joe has checked out, is unaffected, and on his phone. Kendra is cheerful for days for no reason. Derick looks like he's waiting for the night to be over. Jill is overcompensating for Derick's mood with exaggerated gestures of joyfulness. JD is keeping busy so as not to notice any of the aforementioned people. Some yet to be determined guy is happy that JD came up with a diversion so he, too, will not have to interact with the others.

...and a small child is wandering amongst them, ignored. Yes, now you say it, this picture's just right.

(I'm pretty sure the unidentified guy is Austin. As we have established, this is just not a great picture, but it does look like him IMO and he likes to wear those overlarge outdoorsy clothes. Plus wedding ring. And who else would be reading up about cow medicine in Joystin's house?)

4 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

It looks really bad, but I actually think only the middle one is at another level, and I think it is actually a door they covered. Also the picture's angle is really weird , so the left window and the ceiling look unaligned (I hope you understand what I mean, I'm not good at explaining this type of ideas :))

Also, I'm pretty sure this is Joy and Austin's house. Remember the episode where Austin showed the crew around in the RV next to their fixer upper? In the 'bedroom' Joy put a wooden A & J above the bed and Austin made a snark comment about Joy sleeping on the right side of the bed, because she's always right :pb_lol:. Pretty funny IMO. I believe the letters next to the door are the same. I'll try to screenshot the letters above the bed in the above mentioned episode if I can find the time. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived