IGNORED

Joy and Austin 18: 234 Days Since the Wedding and Counting

Coconut Flan

More importantly: What's JD's girlfriend doing kneeling that close to Joseph? Hussy!! :giggle:

When you look straight from them to Jill's crazy face, it looks even funnier. Meanwhile Derick and JD are getting high on cough syrup in the foreground. When the breeders are away, shit gets wild with these young adults.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Why does Jill keep making that face? Love and honour of Christ. You can put the fake surprised face away. 

Also is JD reading instructions for cold medication to Austin? 

Some people are just goofy about photos. I’m one. We have tons of photos of me making similar faces as Jill is. For instance, a look through our wedding photos will show at least one where I’m literally sticking my tongue out while walking down the aisle, multiple where I’m making that exaggerated excited face Jill makes, and several of me cracking up in the middle of the ceremony. 

OK. New theory: Joseph and Kendra have converted to FLDS, and Kneeling Woman is being courted as a sister wife. I guess once you've been married once, courtship rules are more lax on additional wives?

C'mon InTouch! We know you read here. Run with this.

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Some people are just goofy about photos. I’m one. We have tons of photos of me making similar faces as Jill is. For instance, a look through our wedding photos will show at least one where I’m literally sticking my tongue out while walking down the aisle, multiple where I’m making that exaggerated excited face Jill makes, and several of me cracking up in the middle of the ceremony. 

I like you.

re: Derick looking stoned. I mean, if they really are changing it up to try and appeal to the college kids...... :P

The windows don't bother me that much, and if you look closely you can see the curtains have tieback hooks meaning that they open and close the curtains by pulling them to the sides.  We have tieback hooks on all of our curtains because I like the look of the hooks and I wanted drapes/curtains for our large bay window in the front room and our sliding glass door going to the patio. This makes anal obnoxious people **like my mother** gripe about how "tacky" our curtains are because we don't get out the T-square and laser level when we close them, and the rods would move before we figured that we could screw them into place. 

As for the windows they are different sizes so I'm wondering if the bottom sills are all the same height, as IMO that would bother me more having different heights at top. Honestly I like the look of different levels on the windows, but that is just me. I've been told frequently that I'm weird AF.   

18 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

I'm seriously so bothered by the windows which is super petty but this is my BEC moment for the week day.

All the windows are at different heights and the tallest one doesn't even match the door! Then, all the curtains are hung at different levels! :smiley-signs131:

The one behind the couch maybe be a door opening, just maybe. 

I think that excited/surprised face, as well as being just a silly pose, also puts your face into a shape that a lot of women tend to like, kind of like duck face but less ridiculed.

9 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

If the windows are an example of Austin’s house flipping abilities I don’t expect him to make much money. 

I don't think they look bad at all. Changing the size of a window isn't a small feat, especially since it affects both the interior and exterior of the house. Sometimes it's just not worth the trouble. 

With that being said, I grew up in a house built in 1883, so mis-matched is normal to me. Actually, I feel like it's weird when everything matches. But that's just me... I'm currently living in a fixer-upper that still needs a lot of fixing... my standards are pretty low lol.

As for the curtain rods I think someone mentioned, they just need to be pushed in a little to look uniform. Mine are always migrating because I need to tighten a few screws, so I really can't judge. :my_smile:  And I actually like the neutral color of the curtains, although I wish they wouldn't have mounted them on the window frame. The curtain situation isn't something I'd pick for myself, but it's not horrific.

Thank you all SO much, I came here from another Duggar thread just to complain about the curtain situation. I understand that maybe the windows are all different sizes/heights, shit happens, but ffs hang the curtain rods above the window frames. I hope these are temporary, maybe they're too busy being pregnant newlyweds to decorate.

I'm sitting here looking at two windows in my kitchen. The one on the right is a good 5" lower than the one on the left. My house was built in 1896, and the right-side window used to be a door. It's fine. But my curtains are mounted properly. lol

12 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

My current house is 150 years old. Nothing matches, but we got used to it.

Exactly. :) That's kind of the beauty of living in an older house, IMO. It's seen so many changes in technology and design preferences, and multiple families have called it home and left their footprint. 

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm sitting here looking at two windows in my kitchen. The one on the right is a good 5" lower than the one on the left. My house was built in 1896, and the right-side window used to be a door. It's fine. But my curtains are mounted properly. lol

My mom and stepdad's house was converted to apartments and then back to a single family home. A window in my bedroom was made into a kitchen door for the upstairs apartment. Eventually my parents took off the added back porch (it wasn't even remotely up to code) and made the entrance back into a window. It adds character. ;) 

In my house, I just went with white, faux wood blinds for all the windows to avoid any curtain mounting issues lol. We had to do curtains for the back patio door, but I was anal retentive with their placement... and I'm glad. Mounting them significantly higher than the door frame made our low ceilings seem so much higher.

@Bad Wolf and @SapphireSlytherin, the window trim and ceiling molding makes me wonder if their home is a little older. That could explain the variance in window sizes and why they didn't want to correct it. Also, I'm jealous of your historical houses! Unfortunately "old" in this region is 1970s, unless you live way outside of the city or in a super, super expensive neighborhood. 

Uh, where is Joy? Yes, she could be taking the picture but it seems weird to me that she isn’t there.

55 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

Uh, where is Joy? Yes, she could be taking the picture but it seems weird to me that she isn’t there.

I’m almost certain she took the picture. My guess is she was in the kitchen getting all the food ready, since it’s been confirmed it’s her and Austin’s house, and decided to take a pic to send to the family in Australia

Joy posted a video tour of their house! I was pleasantly surprised! From the pic on jd’s birthday I thought it would look pretty different. It still needs touches here and there and I’m not crazy about the living room but overall I liked it. 

I would be so stressed about everything left to do in the nursery, but thats just me.  Ours was done in December, he was due in May.

Just now, justoneoftwo said:

I would be so stressed about everything left to do in the nursery, but thats just me.  Ours was done in December, he was due in May.

Meh. Ours was done after GryffindorDisappointment came home. And it wasn't even much of a nursery - it was just a corner of our spare bedroom. 

My first Heathen’s nursery was done like two months before he was born. The second time around, we didn’t get it done until after he was born because we knew he’d spend like the first month or so in our room. 

I am glad to see they have a good portion of the house done, and to think they thought they would have it done before the wedding 

One was born three days after my shower. Good thing my sister insisted on washing everything up and getting it put away the day of the shower... He wasn't due for three more weeks, I thought I had plenty of time, but I sure was glad to have the crib made up and ready when he came home!

We lived in a one bedroom apartment when Miniway was born. He still sleeps in our bed. We had clothes for him that were clean, a pram and a small changetable in the bathroom. We finished all of that late though. We didn’t buy anything until after week 20. I was so afraid I was going to lose him. 

Their house looks nice for a first house. Hope they don’t grow out of it too soon. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived