IGNORED

Maxwell 17: Life After John Left

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, freejugar said:

Those girls' diet must be so bland and boring that they crave some flavor of any kind. It's sad.

I think, since Nathan is asking now, it must be the AB boys who are eating toothpaste. Abby, Bethany and Tina will have been brushing their teeth for years. 

This whole quest for toothpaste knowledge brings to mind a small pet peeve of mine. 

*my apologies to any of you that engage in the following...*

It seems like almost daily I see a young mother post on Facebook some sort of plea for help. "I can't decide on a sippy cup for little Buddy.  Suggestions?" "We are going to California. What are some kid-friendly activities we should plan to do?"  "Little Suzie Q needs a new coat. What are the best brands?" "I need ideas for birthday gifts for my seven year old boy.  I have no idea what to get him."  < I see that one A LOT! 

And on and on and on...

It always makes me think "IT'S A CUP!! GO TO WALMART!"  "If YOU don't know what to buy your kid; how are WE supposed to know??!?"

How did we older parents manage to raise our kids without the input of 763 "friends" who aren't really friends? 

So. Either Nathan and Melanie are idiots who cannot manage their kids' oral hygiene; or the Maxwells are so desperate for blog posts that they created this urgent request.  Or both. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

<<snip>>

"I need ideas for birthday gifts for my seven year old boy.  I have no idea what to get him."  < I see that one A LOT! 

i'd be sorely tempted to say a BB gun and a soldering iron.......:my_biggrin:

These are the same people who spend hours cleaning out their refrigerator and have to find room in the wait for Teri to schedule cabinet polishing. They seem to have so little to do that everything becomes a struggle so as to not to appear to have time for fun. 

3 hours ago, catlady said:

i'd be sorely tempted to say a BB gun and a soldering iron.......:my_biggrin:

But, but....... You'll shoot your eye out! 

Don't forget the drums and chemistry set. 

My dear Stevie, pretty please share the pizza-cutter secret. I was using mine to make bacon bits at dinner tonight, and i’m clearly doing something wrong because I kept bumping my finger nails. While I didn’t get any nail bits in the bacon, I’m sincerely (severely?) hoping you’ll share your divine secret so I don’t lop off a digit someday. Please, darling Steve, if you let me be enlightened, I will think impure thoughts about you while the Unholy Super Bowl is on The Beast in my living room. 

(To my fellow FJers, I offer up brain bleach for my attempt at reverse psychology or whatever I did up there.....):brainbleach:

2 minutes ago, catlady said:

My dear Stevie, pretty please share the pizza-cutter secret. I was using mine to make bacon bits at dinner tonight, and i’m clearly doing something wrong because I kept bumping my finger nails. While I didn’t get any nail bits in the bacon, I’m sincerely (severely?) hoping you’ll share your divine secret so I don’t lop off a digit someday. Please, darling Steve, if you let me be enlightened, I will think impure thoughts about you while the Unholy Super Bowl is on The Beast in my living room. 

(To my fellow FJers, I offer up brain bleach for my attempt at reverse psychology or whatever I did up there.....):brainbleach:

That was very strangely therapeutic

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

So. Either Nathan and Melanie are idiots who cannot manage their kids' oral hygiene; or the Maxwells are so desperate for blog posts that they created this urgent request.  Or both. 

I vote for option b but wonder why we haven't heard about NR Anna's varicose veins lately.

Perhaps Sarah finally realised that sharing about NR-Anna’s varicose veins like that was rather rude.

Anyone guessing what sex the upcoming Maxbabies will be? I’m more leaning towards girl for Elissa, and either way for NR-Anna. I know we all want only boys to be born into this cult, but all the Maxwell marrieds who’ve had kids have had at least one girl. Part of the reason I’m thinking girl for Elissa is that I wish for Calia to have a sister, if only for girl talk and sharing of the sister-mom duties. I wouldn’t wish an Arndt-type situation on a Maxwell kid, where Calia would be the only girl, and for her it’d be worse as she’s the oldest. 

I was just reading Teri’s posts bitching about John/talking about raising a difficult child, and cake across this:

”We spoke truth to this child. He would allow his mind to twist his thoughts—even Scripture at times—so that he wasn’t thinking truth. We would lovingly, gently, often with an arm around him, speak the truth to him. We regularly encouraged him on the importance of repentance in his heart over his sin”.

So it seems that even at a young age John was questioning Steve’s rigid interpretation of scripture. That gives me hope that he may move towards living a somewhat saner life.

I'm going with girl for Elissa, named something unusual but at least vaguely Biblical, and boy for NR Anna, with an Old Testament name. Probably Isaiah or Ezra. 

Actually, may be not Old Testament. They could use Timothy. In any case, the name of a book from the Bible, not just a character in it. 

New post. Another “day in the life” post. I agree that the toothpaste post was reaching for content, as we do seem to be getting the same posts over and over again. How much longer before Stevehovah—I mean God—leads the family to “create more room for ministry” in the almighty schedule by cutting back posts to one day a week?

New post up.  The married brothers and their wives went out on dates while the spinster sisters watched the kids.  Josh memorized Jonah, Poor Sarah had a friend visit.  Nothing of Stud John and Judgy Chelsy so I'm gonna bet they were on their honeymoon while all of this was going on. 

Do you know what is more boring than memorizing an entire book of the Bible? Listening to someone recite a book of the Bible. 

At least they got ice cream. 

I imagine Joshua has no idea what Jonah is about. 

ETA: Abby is so over it all. She's almost 10 - probably getting bored with so many of the little kid activities going. 

11 hours ago, lilith said:

I was just reading Teri’s posts bitching about John/talking about raising a difficult child, and cake across this:

”We spoke truth to this child. He would allow his mind to twist his thoughts—even Scripture at times—so that he wasn’t thinking truth. We would lovingly, gently, often with an arm around him, speak the truth to him. We regularly encouraged him on the importance of repentance in his heart over his sin”.

I realize this was not the point of your post, lilith, but, Jesus, this gives me the heebie-jeebies (sp?). While beating your child into ‘thinking the truth’ is obviously horrendous, somehow this sounds worse.  I can imagine them restraining holding him, and ‘gently and lovingly’ keeping him captive until he says what they want to hear. I apologize as always to our Christian/religious members but, to me, this is nothing short of abuse.  

Totally agree with you @Fascinated.

I just read the new post, and I noticed Nathan and Sarah went out for coffee. What do these people talk about? Seriously. Do they talk more about The Lord Jesus at coffee? After they've been reading the Bible for however long that morning? Does Nathan tell stories about his kids? What on earth does Sarah have to talk about? Her crappy writing? The Schedule? 

I need answers! 

29 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

Totally agree with you @Fascinated.

I just read the new post, and I noticed Nathan and Sarah went out for coffee. What do these people talk about? Seriously. Do they talk more about The Lord Jesus at coffee? After they've been reading the Bible for however long that morning? Does Nathan tell stories about his kids? What on earth does Sarah have to talk about? Her crappy writing? The Schedule? 

I need answers! 

Maybe they talk shit about John

Serious question... does Anna Marie have any other maternity frumpers? I feel like I’ve seen her with the same one for months!!

I figured that since she’s been pregnant many times she’d have various options.

or maybe every time she hangs out with the rest of the family she wears that one? Weird

This is random but I love that blue and white quilt shown in the current blog post. Gorgeous!

Also, I can't imagine my family getting together to listen to one of the nieces or nephews recite memorized scripture. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived