IGNORED

Maxwell 17: Life After John Left

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, punkiepie said:

Sarah breaks my heart, too.  I think it would be so great if she could go for an extended stay with the Bontrager family.  Their world is so much bigger than the Maxwells and I bet Ma Bontrager could play matchmaker for Sarah in no time. Plus, it would give her something to do besides mindlessly trying to fill each day with boring repetitive  tasks.  It looks like Sarah had some nice chats with Mrs. Bontrager during their stay in Iowa and I think it would be a really good opportunity for Sarah to branch out but still have the protectiveness required by Steve.  

Sarah is a cloistered nun in her own home. She must ask the authority figure for everything. She must contribute her "Post Vatican II 'salary'" to the church (Daddy/family) and she must pray without ceasing. She is allowed only sufficient privacy to was her privates and poop. That is a very sad life. I truly wonder if the girls could leave or if Steve DOES hold their documents to keep them. I'm sure by this point Sarah probably thinks "what's the point?" and just stirs the burrito filling or scrubs the bathtub. 3 hots and a cot....

Unlike Jana, who truly could be holding out for Mr Perfect to get out of having a huge slew of kids, Sarah hasn't really had to raise THAT many. Sad, sad life.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, do John and Chelsy have to publically display that "artistic" gift from Cathy Jo's family?

I'm always afraid to go into a Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's for fear of being surrounded by Trump-loving fundies.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Oh dear, do John and Chelsy have to publically display that "artistic" gift from Cathy Jo's family?

I'm always afraid to go into a Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's for fear of being surrounded by Trump-loving fundies.

Some are just rednecks as angry and confused as everyone else. Just no dress sense!

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Ouch, Sarah. What a telling comment about how important John has been to the family. Definitely a major difference from all the tears and wails when previous sons married and moved away. 

image.png.2949b75f9de088e9a25f081524715a1e.png

Well at least she didn't say, "John?  Who is this John you speak of?"

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Could you tell what it was?  Or what they (maybe) were?  I was trying to figure out if he was holding one thing and some wrapping, or three separate things.

Speaking of the Demcaks, did Jon Marie attend the wedding?  I think he and John are buddies, or as close to buddies as a Maxwell can be with a non-Maxwell.

7 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Sarah is a cloistered nun in her own home. She must ask the authority figure for everything. She must contribute her "Post Vatican II 'salary'" to the church (Daddy/family) and she must pray without ceasing. She is allowed only sufficient privacy to was her privates and poop. That is a very sad life. I truly wonder if the girls could leave or if Steve DOES hold their documents to keep them. I'm sure by this point Sarah probably thinks "what's the point?" and just stirs the burrito filling or scrubs the bathtub. 3 hots and a cot....

Unlike Jana, who truly could be holding out for Mr Perfect to get out of having a huge slew of kids, Sarah hasn't really had to raise THAT many. Sad, sad life.

I think I've said this before but your comment reminded me of something. Sorry to be repetitive.  

It seems to me that Sarah has the very same life experience as her much younger sister, Mary (and, of course, Anna). Further, all three of the sisters have the same life experience (and likely intellect) as Abby.  They probably all read at the same level because Sarah, Anna and Mary have not been allowed to read age appropriate books.* 

They all must get their fathers' permission to do anything, cannot leave the house without a "buddy" of some kind and probably go to bed and get up at the same time.  It's like Maxwell girls are allowed to grow, intellectually, to about age ten, and then they are forced to remain at that maturity level forever. The recent video showed that Anna and Mary seem to express themselves like small children.  

*I occasionally read Christian fiction. I think the bookstores call it "Inspirational Fiction."  I find it kind of soothing and, of course, requiring very little thought. It baffles me that most of these books would be forbidden to a woman in her thirties, regardless of how conservative she...I mean her father...is.  

@usmcmom I agree with you on this. That photo of them "learning a new game!" looked like one of my photos from a middle-school slumber party. Very childish. I cannot believe Sarah and I are so close in age!! I had no idea!

12 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Ouch, Sarah. What a telling comment about how important John has been to the family. Definitely a major difference from all the tears and wails when previous sons married and moved away. 

image.png.2949b75f9de088e9a25f081524715a1e.png

Put less politely? “Good riddance to bad rubbish (he traveled a lot).”

Let that be a lesson to you, Maxgrandchildren: Act like you have a little spine and nobody’ll miss you when you go. The Chris-daughter with the ever-skeptical look on her cute little face (Liddy?) comes to mind first. Free Liddy!

9 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think I've said this before but your comment reminded me of something. Sorry to be repetitive.  

It seems to me that Sarah has the very same life experience as her much younger sister, Mary (and, of course, Anna). Further, all three of the sisters have the same life experience (and likely intellect) as Abby.  They probably all read at the same level because Sarah, Anna and Mary have not been allowed to read age appropriate books.* 

They all must get their fathers' permission to do anything, cannot leave the house without a "buddy" of some kind and probably go to bed and get up at the same time.  It's like Maxwell girls are allowed to grow, intellectually, to about age ten, and then they are forced to remain at that maturity level forever. The recent video showed that Anna and Mary seem to express themselves like small children.  

*I occasionally read Christian fiction. I think the bookstores call it "Inspirational Fiction."  I find it kind of soothing and, of course, requiring very little thought. It baffles me that most of these books would be forbidden to a woman in her thirties, regardless of how conservative she...I mean her father...is.  

Abby might have already surpassed her aunts in life experience and intellect, especially if she and her siblings are allowed any extensive interactions with their maternal relations.

7 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Read the latest Dad's Corner. Someone is having a snit! Of course, it's his way or the highway. No middle ground.

Of course it's only his way. Steve feels as though he has to control everything!!  

Guest post from NR Anna up about abortion and how to explain it to young children. :huh:

Why would you need to explain abortion to young children at all?  Well, I guess you do since you use them at anti abortion rallies, and by your own admission they don't have a clue what they are actually protesting.

And Sarah says we are "approaching" Roe v Wade.  Does she mean the anniversary? 

“Delighted” seems an odd word choice to use when talking about such a serious subject. 

18 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Guest post from NR Anna up about abortion and how to explain it to young children. :huh:

Why would you need to explain abortion to young children at all?  Well, I guess you do since you use them at anti abortion rallies, and by your own admission they don't have a clue what they are actually protesting.

And Sarah says we are "approaching" Roe v Wade.  Does she mean the anniversary? 

They rarely take their children to a lot of places besides church and maybe the grocery store yet they feel this was a wonderful family outing to take your kids to. 

I

Am

Seething

NRAnna doesn’t practice what she preaches. 

1) If she wants to explain things precisely to her tiny children, she should use the words uterus or womb to name the place the baby grows. 

2) She should also inform them how the baby gets into the uterus. 

3) She should then point out that at times the baby doesn’t get there because A Father And A Mother Love Each Other Very Much, But because a man is very mean to a woman and hurts her badly and leaves a baby in her womb and that .also ...

Oh, f*ck it  “Beautiful” NRAnna Marie has now proved herself to be as putrid and as arrogant as her horse-faced MIL and moon-faced FIL!  She is full of meanness and is stupid in the extreme to explain abortion to her tender-aged children, especially in the way she has!

I don’t remember how I explained it to the Junior JBs. But I know they were well out of pre-school when they became aware of it.

But then they also weren’t used as props at protests  

It continues to amaze me how corporate greed and governmental corruption, human trafficking, crime all get a pass from anti-choicers. All the evils in the world comes from women’s bodily autonomy.

4)  I want to hear how she explains the concept of “60 million” anything to the wee ones. She doesn’t? Well, imagine that.   

I don’t need to call her NRAnna any more. For me, henceforth she is OfChrisAndProudOfTheFact. 

I’ll call her Ofchris for short. 

why does she feel that she needs to explain abortion to kids who don't even know where babies come from? she seems to have skipped several units in sex ed 

I. Just. Wanna. Scream!  Little kids don't need to know what abortion.  I first heard about abortion when I was about 10 or 11.  It was on an episode of Dallas and Jenna was knocked up and debating about ending the pregnancy cuz her baby Daddy Bobby Ewing went back to his ex wife Pam.  I had no idea you could end a pregnancy like that!  I knew about menstruation at that age but still didn't know what it took to get pregnant.

35 minutes ago, freejugar said:

why does she feel that she needs to explain abortion to kids who don't even know where babies come from? she seems to have skipped several units in sex ed 

I don't get it either. They are to young to fully understand something like that. It bothers me to no end that they took their kids to picket. Their kids don't have friends outside of their siblings and cousins yet they think doing this was a smart decision. 

Also, how scary is it for children under 5 to be told that sometimes mommies go to doctors and doctors "kill" their babies?

Good luck taking your kid to a doctor appointment after that little story.

22 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Also, how scary is it for children under 5 to be told that sometimes mommies go to doctors and doctors "kill" their babies

I know! These people hyper protect their kids from the ebil world yet teach their children that mommies will go to the doctor to have their babies killed. That is the stuff of nightmares right there. They probably let them see the graphic pictures too.  

Teaching the young'ns about abortion is par for the course for a lot of the more conservative churches these days. One church DH and I considered getting married in offered free "goodie bags" to all the kids. They had those mini fetuses in each one - you know, the ones you can fit in your hand? 

Needless to say, we did not get married there.... 

This is common in all fundie families. They are all anti abortion and many go to prolife demonstrations. 

Example: The Activist Mommy and her fundie friend Lisa Metzger. They both bring their kids to abortion protests straight out of the womb. They bring graphic bloody signs three feet high to the protestso they are forced to explain it to their children. If they weren't such disgusting human beings, they wouldn't have to explain until they are much older. 

These same people also flip their crazy ass minds over comprehensive sex Ed for teens. 

I learned about abortion from watching Dirty Dancing. Since my parents didn't raise me in a cult and I knew where babies come from, it was not at all a shocking revelation for me. More like, oh.

These people jump straight to telling their kids about what's EVIL!!!!!! without any context. The kids are probably all afraid of their own shadows.

All of my kids knew where babies came from and how they get there by the time they finished preschool (in an age appropriate way but using the correct anatomical wording). Birth control and abortion talks came about later, as the topics have come up. I have had many discussions with my 14 year old and a few with my 12 year old about BC and more recently abortion. I don't think I have discussed either with my 8 year old yet, the focus has been more on puberty with her rather than sex at this point. 

I agree that NR Anna is teaching sex ed backwards. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived