IGNORED

Maxwell 17: Life After John Left

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

John is gone and Jesse is rearranging.  The Maxwells have a new friend Cathy Jo.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cathy Jo is John Marie's sister.  Per John Marie's FB he just had a baby.

I wonder if Cathy Jo has the hots for Stud John hence the car cleaning.  And I think Coward Steve tried to pair John or Smug Joe with her at one point.

Congratulations Sarah, I do believe: 

"One needs a bit of explanation on this one."

is the worst sentence you've ever written. 

Look at the difference between Scary Mary and Cathy Jo's meals, its like Mary isn't allowed to eat much:

IMG_2485-425x349.jpg

Cathy Jo Demcak - the Maxwells and the Demcaks go back several years. I believe the Demcaks were instrumental in facilitating a Maxwell conference in Idaho a few years ago. Their son John (known fondly to many on Fj as John-Marie) is married, and he and his wife have a new baby girl.

Here's the link to an Idaho visit write-up on the Maxborg blog from 2013:

https://blog.titus2.com/2013/07/21/around-the-farm/

The Demcaks seem quite Maxwellian in their fundiedom. I wonder, since John-Marie has married a pants wearing hairdresser, if he's been cast out.

That picture of the girl’s lunch in the Maxwell kitchen looks like lunch was a very meagre affair. If I ever get invited round there for lunch I’m going to eat before I go.

!!! John had been a corner?? So confusing. 

What is it about Bass Pro that attracts the long skirts crowd?

PSarah breaks my heart in that pink knit hat. She’s so pretty! So full of life! And is allowed to have so little in her life... well, for a 35-yo woman in a first-world country. I guess all in all, she’s (under)fed & (over)clothed and warm in the winter. It could be much worse for her. 

I have a feeling Jesse’s gonna be a SAHS.

And I’m closing in on a Maxbreak pretty darned soon. 

Maybe CJ and Jesse? How old is she?

7 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I had this exact same thought. 

why does CJ do chores for the Maxwells? idgi. Why would you  invite someone over and make them vacuum your car?

I wonder if Sarah would have  given a robotic mouse to one of her nieces.

Also, wtf Sarah in the comments?

Sorry y’all have been such. 

such what?

10 minutes ago, freejugar said:

why does CJ do chores for the Maxwells? idgi. Why would you  invite someone over and make them vacuum your car?

The Maxwells and people like them seem to constantly look for chores to fill their schedules. There are plenty of slots to fill since they are only allowed to do about 5 things total.

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Maxwells and people like them seem to constantly look for chores to fill their schedules. There are plenty of slots to fill since they are only allowed to do about 5 things total.

Yeah I can imagine being bored enough at their place that I would offer to vacuum the car. Or dust the ceiling fans. 

2 hours ago, Lollipopgirl said:

That picture of the girl’s lunch in the Maxwell kitchen looks like lunch was a very meagre affair. If I ever get invited round there for lunch I’m going to eat before I go.

Soup & water. They sure know how to put one on for guests, don't they? 

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Hell, these are people who think a bowl of soup should do it for a wedding reception. 

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Look at the difference between Scary Mary and Cathy Jo's meals, its like Mary isn't allowed to eat much:

IMG_2485-425x349.jpg

Idk - If I were making a plate it would look a lot more like Mary's and not because I'm denying myself, I just don't eat that much at one sitting.  Soup and bread is always happiness to me (and I have no idea what that other thing is on her plate.)

I am not defending he of the sadistic animal cracker rationing...just saying based on these plates Mary's looks like a nice normal meal to me.  

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Hell, these are people who think a bowl of soup should do it for a wedding reception. 

Reminded me of “A Private Affair,” a movie made in the ‘70s about abp

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I mean, a good soup can make a great meal for a crowd; my dad can make a damn good chili and loves to bust that out for guests because it's so flavorful and it's easy and cheap to make a lot of it, but a Maxwellian soup meal for guests doesn't look half as good and filling. 

I don't think Mary's plate looks meager. They probably both ordered a "BBQ meat plus side of choice with bread" combo and Mary seems to have gotten baked beans while the friend got fries.

10 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Congratulations Sarah, I do believe: 

"One needs a bit of explanation on this one."

is the worst sentence you've ever written. 

And why did she talk about the height disparity? Sarah, she's obviously standing on a fucking chair! 

17 hours ago, bertnee said:
I don't think Mary's plate looks meager. They probably both ordered a "BBQ meat plus side of choice with bread" combo and Mary seems to have gotten baked beans while the friend got fries.

I think they split a meal. Most of the bbq platters there come with 2 sides.

What I started to say above was that the girls [UGH!] lunch reminded me of  “A Private Function,” a ‘70s movie about British citizens in a small town preparing to celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s coronation, after World War II. Things were very meager at that time, and it was a very big deal for them to roast a pig for the whole town. I wonder if the Maxwells strictly limit their food – – even for company – – as part of a voluntary-poverty kind of thing. Steve and Teri, having never known real want (as far as we know), probably think it builds character to go hungry.

Another thing – – normally, I don’t  mind the cold, but this year has been crazy. I mention it because of the down vests that the girls (UGH) are wearing in most of the interior shots. Would seem that the Maxwell  mothership, with its open floorplans and wide expanses of windows, is a bear to heat and cool. Did Steve the all-knowing and all-considering fail to think about that when he drew up plans for the place? Ha! A chink in his omniscient gawdly-hood.

19 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

!!! John had been a corner?? So confusing. 

PSarah breaks my heart in that pink knit hat. She’s so pretty! So full of life! And is allowed to have so little in her life... well, for a 35-yo woman in a first-world country. I guess all in all, she’s (under)fed & (over)clothed and warm in the winter. It could be much worse for her. 

I have a feeling Jesse’s gonna be a SAHS.

And I’m closing in on a Maxbreak pretty darned soon. 

Sarah breaks my heart, too.  I think it would be so great if she could go for an extended stay with the Bontrager family.  Their world is so much bigger than the Maxwells and I bet Ma Bontrager could play matchmaker for Sarah in no time. Plus, it would give her something to do besides mindlessly trying to fill each day with boring repetitive  tasks.  It looks like Sarah had some nice chats with Mrs. Bontrager during their stay in Iowa and I think it would be a really good opportunity for Sarah to branch out but still have the protectiveness required by Steve.  

If Chelsy and Allison could somehow bring Sarah into their fold, take her under their wing, I think Sarah would be so much happier.  Especially since both of those girls publicly disavowed the whole stay at home daughter movement. Maybe Sarah could come to believe that she has more worth than just being resigned to be Steve's eternal SAHD

21 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I wonder if it's because it is an inexpensive way to entertain the kids for a couple hours. I think they have lots of animal displays and maybe a ferris wheel? Or is that Scheel's??  

I know several young couples who happen to be struggling financially and Bass Pro Shop/Scheel's are popular day trips for their families. The kids get to look around, maybe buy some fudge and popcorn, and leave quite happy. It's especially a nice little field trip when winter weather keeps us from doing anything outside. 

Disclaimer: I am sadly aware that the Maxwell children probably did not get fudge or popcorn. Nor did they get to ride the ferris wheel (if there was one), I'm sure. They were probably thrilled just to get out of the house for a couple hours. 

21 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I think they're at the Cabela's at Legends, but your point remains. We go to that Cabela's any time we are at Legends with the girls, as they love looking at the fish in the aquarium. We see fundies of all flavors there. I once made eye contact with an Amish woman there and smiled at her, as I usually do when making eye contact with someone. I had very, very short hair at the time and she seemed...shocked? Surprised? Curious? Maybe all of those? 

As USMCMom said, it's a cheap, entertaining trip for the family. The men can purchase whatever they might need, the women can take the kids to the see the animals or shop for whatever fits into their particular genre of fundie, and boom. The perfect day away without getting too far afield. 

Also, for the love of god, can someone please teach Sarah what "extended family" actually means? Please? 

Ouch, Sarah. What a telling comment about how important John has been to the family. Definitely a major difference from all the tears and wails when previous sons married and moved away. 

image.png.2949b75f9de088e9a25f081524715a1e.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived