IGNORED

Seeking Sister Wife

16 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

Omg you have a rabbit hole ahead of you! The host really gets on you about listening in order but I honestly don’t think it matters. The early episodes can be a little dry unless you’re a huge Mormon history nerd but she does some incredibly moving interviews. 

Yesterday I listened to the interview with Angela.  Her story is fascinating!  Today i'm listening to Brady Williams from my 5 wives.  Is there an episode where the host tells her story?  She seems like a modern polygamist but it's hard to really get a sense of her from just 2 episodes.

There's no way in the world that i'm going to listen to all 100-some odd episodes.  Is there one where she goes into her history and background?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ActualReality said:

Yesterday I listened to the interview with Angela.  Her story is fascinating!  Today i'm listening to Brady Williams from my 5 wives.  Is there an episode where the host tells her story?  She seems like a modern polygamist but it's hard to really get a sense of her from just 2 episodes.

There's no way in the world that i'm going to listen to all 100-some odd episodes.  Is there one where she goes into her history and background?

She’s not a polygamist actually! She’s mainstream LDS but very liberal and does a lot of work with fundamentalist communities. She also has a pretty active public Facebook page that will give you more insight into her personally. 

• Upvote 2

*whistling sweetly*

Calling Sister Wife @Carm_88 -- Please tell me we're watching the new episodes tonight. 

SSW is on at 9:00 central, following two hours of Sister Strifes at 7:00.

Get ready for double helpings of leftover refried catfish. Yum.

• Upvote 1

Buckle up, Snarkettes. Here we go!!

.... and Dmitri is already trying to explain away why he was thinking with his pecker.

• Upvote 2

Trigger warning 

/

/

/

It appears Vanessa has a molar pregnancy. :(

Way back in the late 80s, two paralegal colleagues had molar pregnancies within months. C brought in pictures. It had tufts of hair and random teeth.

Ashley to Joselyn:  NEXT!!!

• Upvote 2

This episode really showed polygamy at its best and worst. 

Best: Seeing Sharis support Vanessa through the diagnosis. She takes care of the home and kids, gives up her nights with Jeff so he can be with Vanessa, hugs her like a best friend would. 

Worst: The levels of passive-aggressiveness in the Briney family is absolutely insane. How anyone can function in that household is beyond me. Someone is going to find poison in their smoothie one of these days. 

Don't even get me started on the Snowdens. For all we know, Dimitri seduced an impressionable Jocelyn into having sex then told her not to say anything to Ashley. I'd like to have her version of the story, because the remorseful Dimitri is not convincing at all. 

The spoiler for next week's episode shows Sharis getting a call from Melina! I can't wait to hear her excuse.

• Upvote 9

Random thoughts on this episode.

I have met a few “ April’s “ in my life. They believe they are the smartest person in the room and that other people can’t see the their attempted manipulations. I think it drives April crazy that Angela and Auralee call her out and refuse to adore her .

if your back is already so bad you are using crutches why are you camping and sleeping on the ground ? 

I don’t understand why Ashley is so invested in the idea of a sister wife. Find some good female friends who support and listen to you and let go of the idea of some perfect mystical marriage.

I feel for Vanessa but I wish she had waited to tell the children until after the doctors appointment.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I don’t understand why Ashley is so invested in the idea of a sister wife. Find some good female friends who support and listen to you and let go of the idea of some perfect mystical marriage.

Exactly! You can find sisterhood with other women without having them sleep with your husband. I know a group of friends who live on the same street and practically raise their kids together in babysitting/homeschool coops. The women go on vacations and retreats together. If communal life is their goal, it still doesn't require the emotional messiness of polygamy. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

I was waiting for this to be discussed over here. Who the hell is this blogger?? 

Apparently he's a polygamist but I don't know anything other than that! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Apparently he's a polygamist but I don't know anything other than that! 

Well. He does a heck of a job defending that women are whores and that men are  just innocent victims of seducing women. What a Prince Charming. :pb_rollseyes:

Edit: I’m wondering if he interprets rest of the scripture literally?

Edited by Rosalie
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

So i've been reading posts from the Snowden's first sister wife over on FB (and other sites).  She has a LOT to say!  Here's a sample:

- She's got 3 kids
- She first had a connection with Ashley but they fell out. After a year or so they became friends again.
- After she rekindled a friendship with Ashley she met Dimitri
- Dimitri cheated on both of them with several other women
- She sold all of her worldly possessions and moved in with them into a giant (rented) house in ATL.
- When she refused to have a baby by Dimitri he choked her out with her kids in the next room
- Dimitri controlled all of the money so she had to make nice with him to be able to get enough money to leave the relationship
- It looks like she grew up in a polygamist family.

- Dimitri gave Ashley an STD in the past.  He's apparently a serial cheater

- Dimitri is a convicted felon

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • Love 1

I can't decide if I hate Ashley or pity her. Is she a conniving enabler or a brainwashed victim? Is her new age-y, "I'm all about love and forgiveness and new experiences" an act to cover up their deceit or a coping mechanism?

They have three little kids. I really hope Ashley has the ability and will to leave Dimitri.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, bananabread said:

I can't decide if I hate Ashley or pity her. Is she a conniving enabler or a brainwashed victim? Is her new age-y, "I'm all about love and forgiveness and new experiences" an act to cover up their deceit or a coping mechanism?

They have three little kids. I really hope Ashley has the ability and will to leave Dimitri.

It's amazing the things that people can talk themselves into!

When I was young I met and fell in love with a guy who wanted to have all kinds of alternative relationships.  I loved him enough that I was willing to go along with his plan.  It was not anything that I would have signed up for but because I wanted to be with him I convinced myself that it was ok.  

If you asked me at that time I would have emphatically told you that I was all in and that what we had going was superior to anything else our friends were doing.  Even after I left him I continued in that lifestyle.  As I grew up I outgrew the need to be in those kinds of relationship.  These days my older self feels a little sorry for my younger self.  I wanted the man and if doing all kinds of crazy things is what it took to keep that particular man I was all for it.  If any man asked me to do the same things today I would walk away without another thought!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

Dmitri and Ashley; They both rub me the wrong way. How Ashley keeps saying "we date people", no you don't Ashley!  Dmitri dates people. To me it almost seems like they are looking for a partner for Ashley as well. Oh and how they treated Jocelyn at that restaurant, come on what was the girl supposed to say "oh yeah Ashley, I had sex with him".

The Briney family; I can't get over Auralee's voice (sometimes April seems to be kinda talking like her!). Both her and April seem complete opposites and they both aren't hesitant to hash things out and poor Angela seems just along for the ride. Angela should just pack up her baby and leave, this is ridiculous - who wants to live in that mess. Also Angela made a "public apology" on their Facebook page about the way she spoke in the episode - yah ok cause she's the only one who should be apologizing, come on?!

The Alldredge family; It seemed a bit quick to make the shirts to announce baby #8, but hey ... who would've thought this would happen. They don't seem to get the prenatal care I am used too. They seem to genuinely love and care for each other and have this polygamy thing going well for them! I'm almost relieved for them that Melina didn't show up. I'm sure Sharis can find a good friend without this friend becoming a sisterwife.

• Upvote 5

On 2/20/2018 at 10:54 AM, Rosalie said:

Geez... TLC really knows how to find them...

I can’t figure out if they really do NO research on these people and don’t know this stuff, or if they DO know and hope the sleuthers dig it up and raise the controversy.  I’m starting to think it’s the latter.

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 2

Jeff Alldredge was married before - and has some older children with his first wife. Apparently -as per other message boards and a picture circulating online- Jeff , first wife and Vanessa were present at Kody Brown and Robyns wedding.  I always wondered why the age difference between him and Vanessa & Sharis was so big, this explains it.

Pictures of his first wife and their children are easy to find on social media.. For someone who doesn't want to be in the spotlight she sure leaves a lot of pictures open to the public of Jeff and their children. I wonder if that's why Sharis seems to desperately want a friend/sisterwife. Maybe she legit misses this first wife?!

IMG_5841.jpg

• Upvote 2

That's interesting and makes a lot of sense. I was wondering why the age difference was so great between them! Ahhhh! 

Apparently Jeff's first wife was Cindy and they have 8 kids. She didn't want to be on the show. I think they are still legally married, although separated. Don't know if they were mainstream Mormon and then he wanted to switch and she didnt? She is on  FB but I couldn't pin her down. Others have said she is friends with some of the Browns on FB. She and Jeff and one of the other wives were at Kody and Robyn's wedding.