IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

Could they do what Jill and Derick did and announce the courtship, once they are actually engaged?

I don't see what it could stop them, bit maybe they will do as Jinger and Jeremy announce courtship and a month later the engagement

I was surprised to find out that she was featured on the show many years ago. That Swanson family picture was taken at Jinger's wedding. You can see Derick's brother in the background.  I'm surprised it took Josiah this long! He's been hinting at having found someone on the show since 2016.

14 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I was surprised to find out that she was featured on the show many years ago. That Swanson family picture was taken at Jinger's wedding. You can see Derick's brother in the background.  I'm surprised it took Josiah this long! He's been hinting at having found someone on the show since 2016.

Does anyone know what episode they were on of 19 Kids and Counting?

15 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

Most importantly, what are we going to CALL this new couple?

I vote LauSiah.

SiRen

I knew he would be next! And, it's weird, I'm actually happy for him.

I would love to see more Duggar boy weddings next instead of Duggar girl weddings (only one left for the moment is Jana, but JD, Josiah, Jed and Jer are all of age now).

I'm hoping JD is next after Josiah, maybe with Laura (the closest she could get to Jana, right? ahem)? And Jana hopefully does not get married before she turns 30.

It seems the last three Duggars to get into relationships are choosing from their pool of childhood friends. Joy and Austin have known eachother since they were very young and so have Kendra and Joe. I'm wondering if this is going to be a trend. Anna, Ben, Jeremy, and Derrick all kind of came out of nowhere. They met at teens/young adults and hit it off. Now the younger Duggars seem to be choosing from their childhood friends. Maybe that's what the twins will do too. 

58 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

SiRen

I second this! Also at first glance this girl looks a lot like Anna .

I also vote for SiRen, and I bow to all y'all sleuthing efforts.  May the future SiRen babies be named Melbourne, Lilydale and Kangaroo.

[although it would be comedy gold if they broke up, leaving a few lucky people holding Duggar books signed by SiRen!]

So the Swansons live in Milledgeville, GA, correct? Near Macon, and SE of Atlanta?  Has Duggar Aviation been flying there a lot?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dwain-swanson-37409292/

I'm going to be super weird and quote myself from earlier in this thread, but it still 100% sums up how I feel, especially now that Josiah's impending marriage appears to be a reality:

'If Josiah gets married to some fundie gal and settles down to have a million fundie babies and run a fundie car lot, I'm going to feel like a lot of people here did when Jinger got married. Depressed. Discouraged. I actually don't even particularly like Josiah, I just think that he has a boatload of potential, and what could be great strengths out in the real world might really hamper him and end up bringing him down in the fundie world. Out of all of them, he seems (so far) like the least suited to this lifestyle. I think there's a reason he went for a girl like Marjorie. I would love to see him enroll in some kind of higher education. He seems to have some innate intelligence, creativity, and an outgoing/somewhat charismatic nature. He could really use that to his advantage in a career. I think like Josh he will not be content with the wife-kids-cars fundie life. I would hate to see him leading a life of quiet misery. But let's be real, that's probably how it'll go.'

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm going to be super weird and quote myself from earlier in this thread, but it still 100% sums up how I feel, especially now that Josiah's impending marriage appears to be a reality:

'If Josiah gets married to some fundie gal and settles down to have a million fundie babies and run a fundie car lot, I'm going to feel like a lot of people here did when Jinger got married. Depressed. Discouraged. I actually don't even particularly like Josiah, I just think that he has a boatload of potential, and what could be great strengths out in the real world might really hamper him and end up bringing him down in the fundie world. Out of all of them, he seems (so far) like the least suited to this lifestyle. I think there's a reason he went for a girl like Marjorie. I would love to see him enroll in some kind of higher education. He seems to have some innate intelligence, creativity, and an outgoing/somewhat charismatic nature. He could really use that to his advantage in a career. I think like Josh he will not be content with the wife-kids-cars fundie life. I would hate to see him leading a life of quiet misery. But let's be real, that's probably how it'll go.'

Maybe he will use his charisma and people skills and her beauty to start a church of their own. That actually wouldn't surprise me. Or politics. But that would be quite a few years away. He's way too young and inexperienced for politics just yet. 

Josiah was essentially my pet fundie so anything that has him staying in a cult with disgusting beliefs makes me sad. I remember he looked up to smugger when he was a kid. But I don't think JB would let him go into politics. I base that on the fact that JB doesn't seem to even like him that much. 

There had to be a courtship. I know I shouldn't be super shocked but I'm guessing they're going to double up Seewald #3 with Josiah's courtship. Wow. Here we go again. 

6 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Anyone know what work Josiah does?

I think he just works for JB doing odd jobs like the other boys?

Just reading Dwain Swanson's bio on his ministry site, I'm laughing... because if I were to set out to create the most basic fundie ever, it would probably be Dwain Swanson.

-Accepted Jesus at age 16 in a small country church in Georgia

-Re-accepted Jesus when he and his wife got married

-He and his beautiful wife have been blessed with eight wonderful children

-He realized he wasn't spiritually leading them properly, so he set out to change that and re-re-accepted Jesus

-Lives on a small farm in Georgia

-Pastor at a veterans' home

-Runs a men's ministry

-Owns his own lawn care business and construction business

Just based on that I am guessing that Lauren is a sweet and precious young lady with a heart for the Lord and the Republican party. She probably loves babies, taking care of children, baking, pinning modest outfits and quotes about Jesus on Pinterest, and reading her Bible. I'm guessing she graduated from homeschool at age 16 or 17 and now devotes her time to helping her mother with her younger siblings, maybe going to a ladies' conference or two, and of course her Walk With The Lord. She was probably 'so surprised' when her dad told her that Josiah wanted to Get To Know her, thinks this time has been really neat and awesome, and can't wait to see where the Lord leads them.

(Also, just based on the picture from Jinger's wedding, the apparent ages of her parents and the ages of her younger siblings, I'm guessing if Josiah's been hinting about getting to know someone since 2016, it's because of her age. She was too young to start courting, so they took it slow. I'm going to guess right now that this is another teenage bride in the making.)

I also don't think Josiah is at all fit for the 'fundie patriarch with a well-behaved family and neverending sequence of failed church-plants and mission trips' life. So, that sucks.

It would be funny if they got engaged in Australia just to see how TLC tries to slither around the fact that they were there to be the mascots of a shitty cult. "We were in Australia for a .......... party..... where we.... encouraged young families........... to.... put family first....."

Also, IBLP seems to have been hustling HARD in Australia lately, given that the headquarters there shut down. It seems like the Wallers, Bates, and now Duggars are sent there a lot.

@singsingsing. So he accepted jesus, then reaccepted twice after that. Didn't it take the first time? How did he reject Jesus in order to accept him again? Enquiring minds want to know. 

SiRen is definitely the nickname from them in my opinion.

This impending courtship announcement is the most depressing thing since Joy and imho. From what little I’ve read on here as well as on reddit, this doesn’t seem like a great idea match and on top of that, it just feels forced.

I think, if I'm looking at the right guy, that Dwain Swanson was born in 1975 and got married in September 1998. So unless Lauren was born before her parents got married (possible), she's probably a 1999 baby. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

@singsingsing. So he accepted jesus, then reaccepted twice after that. Didn't it take the first time? How did he reject Jesus in order to accept him again? Enquiring minds want to know. 

I think it took the first time but he just had to 'recommit' himself a couple times after that. Kind of like if you're married and cheat on your spouse and then recommit yourself to the marriage - you never stopped being married, you just sucked at it.

Side note, whenever I go to type 'Dwain Swanson' my brain wants to say 'Dwayne Johnson'. 

dwayne.jpg.ca2e3529bb3fac171899f5bd40cbc7b9.jpg

So just in case anyone's confused, no, unfortunately Josiah is not courting Dwayne Johnson's daughter. Even though I specifically chose a picture in which it looks like he could very well be praising the Lord.

Thoughts: 

Due to Josiah having had a failed courtship, I would think they want to be sure before announcing anything, so I think they will announce the courtship after the engagement. 

It doesn't seem like a particularly good match, maybe it's semi-arranged, like "let's get Josiah a pretty, long-skirted, run-of-the-mill fundie girl, then he'll settle down." 

14 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

I think that left to right goes (Guessing on all) Jed, Jason, Justin, Josiah and Lauren? with Hannie in front with Josie and Jennifer, then the breeders, James, Jana with Tyler, Jackson and Jer. Twins are almost certainly switched. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  It took me a second.  I'm calling them this from now on!

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

To be fair, we don't know for a fact that he'll be particularly unhappy, but I hear you.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived