IGNORED

The Don Lemon Appreciation Thread

Destiny

Don Lemon abruptly shuts down panel after Trump apologist keeps ‘rudely interrupting’ guests

NN’s Don Lemon called a halt to an panel Thursday night after a former federal prosecutor was continually rude to the other guests, leading the CNN host to warn him, “I’m not going to ask you again.”

Addressing the blockbuster report President Donald Trump asked White House counsel Doug McGahn to fire special counsel Robert Mueller last June, Robert Ray — who took over the Whitewater investigation after Kenneth Starr, continued to talk over the other guests and insulted CNN legal analyst Laura Coates.

Arguing legal points, Ray talked over Coates, calling her observations “irrelevant,” leading to a contentious exchange where Lemon had to step in and tell the former prosecutor, “Hang on, hold on. we all need to be respectful of each other. we shouldn’t name call and be rude.”

As Ray then turned to arguing with CNN analyst Michael Zeldon – again interrupting and talking over him — Lemon had enough, telling Ray, “Let him finish.”

“Hang on, Robert, you have to let the man finish or the woman finish before you interject,” Lemon cautioned.

“Go ahead,” Ray shot back.

“Because then we will let you respond,” Lemon admonished him. “But people can’t make the points if you’re rudely interrupting them all the time.”

“Okay, all right. Let’s hear it, I’m waiting,” Ray smirked.

“You know what, we’ll wait a little longer. We’ll take a break.” Lemon stated. “We’ll come back, but please don’t be rude. Alright?”

“I’m hearing you,” Ray retorted.

“I’m saying alright, I’m not asking if you hear me.” Lemon shot back.

• Upvote 8

If I was running these shows I'd just mute the voice feed if someone keeps interrupting. Then they could watch themselves on video later making all those clever points in the lipreading mode.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Don had a fit of the giggles when Omarosa on Big Brother came up.

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don Lemon Airs Embarrasing  Footage of Republicans hating, then Loving Trump.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b937862e4b0cf7b003ff66d/amp

I appreciate all he does. I love that he aired this. 

Side note,  I love that my 80+ parents stay up late to watch him every night...

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 10:17 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Nancy Pelosi quotes Ronald Reagan and GOP can't applaud. 

Every time we watch Don Lemon we have to say to each other,"He's a Homosexual, you know" in an exaggerated British accent, because that is what our friend's 86 year old mother just had to add when telling us how much she enjoys his program.  

(Just to be clear, she also said Don is "marvelous'.  She just hasn't quite grasped the niceties of political correctness.  I think she is trying to show off how accepting she is.  We, on the other hand, are probably just as bad for thinking we are so current in our sensibilities while simultaneously mocking an old lady, even if we think we are doing it with love.:pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

Very much appreciating Don tonight with his headline "The president of the United States is a racist."  The multitude of clips demonstrating 45's racism is overwhelming.

He is doing a really good job (as usual).

• Upvote 4

• 7 months later...