IGNORED

Dillards 49: Dull Dillards Dulling

samurai_sarah

To briefly hop back to the mention of libraries and of eBooks in quick succession: If you have a local library card, look up the Hoopla app (free). Depending on the agreement your local library has, you can rent digital content for free. For example, my district library card gets me 12 free items a month, whether that's a movie, audiobook, ebook, or any other content. Maybe that can help some of y'all get all your historical fiction fix. :my_biggrin:

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

The Dillards (minus Izzy) and JD visiting the Vuolos and some other folks during their recent trip to Texas. Sam is huge and looks close to outgrowing the infant seat already. He may already be too big for it but hard to tell. His head looks pretty close to the top of the shell.

Jeremy looks nice, as he always does, and John David really looks nice. Lurch, on the hand...

2 minutes ago, KeepingChrysanthemum said:

To briefly hop back to the mention of libraries and of eBooks in quick succession: If you have a local library card, look up the Hoopla app (free). Depending on the agreement your local library has, you can rent digital content for free. For example, my district library card gets me 12 free items a month, whether that's a movie, audiobook, ebook, or any other content. Maybe that can help some of y'all get all your historical fiction fix. :my_biggrin:

My local library recommended Libby or Overdrive. I frequently have an e-book checked out, but still get paper books as well, so the little person in my life sees me reading and enjoying a real book. When I exclusively used my Nook, he thought I was playing games on it.

Just before we leave the #besthubbyever discussion: 

Spoiler

6E0BFDD9-98D7-49C9-B902-3D97B726F7DD.thumb.jpeg.3a8a4202fd67db27087323fb88207972.jpeg

20 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I'm super late to the party but I saw this today and it reminded me of Cathy and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) @HarleyQuinn 's very articulate post :pb_lol:

IMG_3843.JPG

I've been laughing at this poster since you posted it. I'd love to put Cathy Dillard on an island with Chef Gordon Ramsey until her head explodes from his frequent use of f-bombs!

@HarryPotterFan My favorite headcanon on their kitty (and one that if I recall Rowling has given an approving nod to) is that crookshanks was their cat. Not sure if you've seen that one but it talks about being part kneazle and magical creatures living a long time and the fact that it recognized Sirius and hated scabbers and knew how to get past the whomping willow. That will always be my lifeline lol.

52 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

The Dillards (minus Izzy) and JD visiting the Vuolos and some other folks during their recent trip to Texas. Sam is huge and looks close to outgrowing the infant seat already. He may already be too big for it but hard to tell. His head looks pretty close to the top of the shell.

Jill looks really stylish here.

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

Just before we leave the #besthubbyever discussion: 

Reveal hidden contents

6E0BFDD9-98D7-49C9-B902-3D97B726F7DD.thumb.jpeg.3a8a4202fd67db27087323fb88207972.jpeg

That "L" shape goes on your forehead, Derk.

Jill looks really good. Really good. I honestly have been really worried about her. Seeing her smiling with friends, visiting her sister, dressing beautifully, and in heels reminds me of pretty, happy Jill from the past in a positive way. 

Lets put Derrick and beliefs in a box for a minute and just focus on Jill. She isn't part of the family TV show for the first time since she was a child. She's evolving her style, her dreams, and what she expects for the future. She likely can't have a gazillion babies, be a missionary midwife, and her previous star student of parental beliefs regurgitation job isn't lucrative anymore. I'm interested to see what happens to her now. Before she was my prime candidate for being matriarch of Duggarfam 2.0. 

Now that isn't looking likely, I find her more interesting than her sisters right now. 

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Jill looks really stylish here.

17 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Jill looks really good. Really good. I honestly have been really worried about her. Seeing her smiling with friends, visiting her sister, dressing beautifully, and in heels reminds me of pretty, happy Jill from the past in a positive way. 

Lets put Derrick and beliefs in a box for a minute and just focus on Jill. She isn't part of the family TV show for the first time since she was a child. She's evolving her style, her dreams, and what she expects for the future. She likely can't have a gazillion babies, be a missionary midwife, and her previous star student of parental beliefs regurgitation job isn't lucrative anymore. I'm interested to see what happens to her now. Before she was my prime candidate for being matriarch of Duggarfam 2.0. 

Now that isn't looking likely, I find her more interesting than her sisters right now. 

Agreed with @lizzybee and @luv2laugh here.

And as another poster previously mentioned, Jeremy is ALWAYS dressed stylishly/elegantly, and I am actually in love with how understated but chic Jinger's dress is (note the square pleats at the end of the sleeves on her navy blue smock-but-structured dress) I LOVE IT!

Jill looks genuinely excited and happy to be visiting her sister, and I'm glad for her. I won't mention Derick's appearance, except to say when you line up him, Jeremy and JD, Jeremy and JD come out looking like the grown-ups. Yep.

also LOL once again, Derick is hanging off to the side of the photo, Jeremy and JD arms around eachother, Jinger and JIll....and then there's Derick *exasperated sigh*

I'm behind on this topic (currently page 18 of 23) but I just need to add that on Thursday night I was driving over a mountain pass with my kiddo and lost control of my car in the snow and ended up stuck in a ditch. I called #besthubbyever and he told me to start digging myself out of the snow <3 I'm so #blessed. 

(in all seriousness, he did call California Highway Patrol and they were looking for me, but there were a lot of spin outs. He knows I can handle it, and I did.) :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Feministe9000 said:

Jill looks genuinely excited and happy to be visiting her sister, and I'm glad for her. I won't mention Derick's appearance, except to say when you line up him, Jeremy and JD, Jeremy and JD come out looking like the grown-ups. Yep.

Derrick's outfit is exactly the kind of outfit my spouse wears when he's wanting to dress up but on the more casual side. He has very similar pants and a grey version of that shirt and wears both often (and he's older than Derrick) - but I mean, we're also bisexual West Coast heathens, so we blend in just fine, and the look really suits him. 

I remark often on how particularly handsome he looks when he wears things like this, but seeing the same style on Derrick... :tw_unamused: I need a vomit emoji. 

My only comfort in reflecting on their matching outfits is the fact that my boyfriend accessorizes much, MUCH better, and that more importantly, he's not a bigoted transphobe with a lack of boundaries towards teenagers (maybe because he's trans himself and also just isn't a shitty person, who knows). 

Derrick can't dress over his hateful, cruel mentality towards other people whose lives and realities he refuses to understand, or his resentful mentality towards his own children. So, for me, it's not even the clothes -- it's just him and his undue arrogance.

19 hours ago, sansan said:

Just when you think Jill is down for the count and will never look nice again she pops up with some nice heels and a dress that is acceptable for the event. Way to go Jill, you still got it (when you need to). This gives me hope. I wish that one day one of the Duggar women will get a really cute haircut/style, I know I'm wishing big. This may have been mentioned numerous times and I have missed it but does Derrick have invisible braces? First time I have noticed it.

I know the hair talk can get some people on FJ really PO'd, but I always think that there has to be at least gal who wants a hair style different from that of her sisters- No one wants layers, a Bob or red highlights? I find that puzzling. 

I keep waiting for Jinjer or maybe Jessa to sport a more fashion forward hair style. At this rate, it might even be the jeans wearing, nose piercing, henna inked Jill.

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I know the hair talk can get some people on FJ really PO'd, but I always think that there has to be at least gal who wants a hair style different from that of her sisters- No one wants layers, a Bob or red highlights? I find that puzzling. 

I keep waiting for Jinjer or maybe Jessa to sport a more fashion forward hair style. At this rate, it might even be the jeans wearing, nose piercing, henna inked Jill.

I’ve always worn my hair long (it is kinda Duggarie imho but less well kempt) and cutting it is oddly scary. I know hair grows but my hair gets poofy if it gets short. I’ve also flirted with dying it red-ish for the past three years and can’t commit to doing anything. Same with getting a loose stack perm. In my defense how do you even find a good hair dresser in NYC, there are a billion salons!

18 hours ago, Texas Heifer said:

I swear I responded to this...I guess it didn't go through. 

thank you! I was waiting to see if anyone was going to respond. I actually am going to get it now!

2 hours ago, mizandry said:

Derrick's outfit is exactly the kind of outfit my spouse wears when he's wanting to dress up but on the more casual side. He has very similar pants and a grey version of that shirt and wears both often (and he's older than Derrick) - but I mean, we're also bisexual West Coast heathens, so we blend in just fine, and the look really suits him. 

I remark often on how particularly handsome he looks when he wears things like this, but seeing the same style on Derrick... :tw_unamused: I need a vomit emoji. 

My only comfort in reflecting on their matching outfits is the fact that my boyfriend accessorizes much, MUCH better, and that more importantly, he's not a bigoted transphobe with a lack of boundaries towards teenagers (maybe because he's trans himself and also just isn't a shitty person, who knows). 

Derrick can't dress over his hateful, cruel mentality towards other people whose lives and realities he refuses to understand, or his resentful mentality towards his own children. So, for me, it's not even the clothes -- it's just him and his undue arrogance.

Agreed. I feel a tad judgmental making that comment, and reflecting on it I think it stems from my utter disgust of his so called “values”, so I’m looking for anything in the photo to hate on him for, because I don’t see anything good. Ever. Not one bit.

And I suppose, although JD and Jeremy (more by choice) subscribe to the same awful evil bullshit, at least JD flies his sister and her family to visit other family members who live far away (shame he couldn’t and scooped her out of that nightmare with zealot Derick in SA!)  and Jeremy has a (sort of) job in the community, and I do believe he adores Jinger, in whatever sexist weird fundie way, they seem happy, and  it shows. 

Derick is just there, holding Sam. At least he’s being useful I suppose. If I was Jill I’d have him wait on the plane.  

7 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Another Dillard is coming Deena just announced on insta she's preggers due Sept. 3rd. 

You scared me there for a second!

I love historical fiction!  I have many from the Tudor period, but my recent obsession since converting to Judaism is Jewish and biblical historical fiction.   Even if the story is half fiction reading a story about Solomon or Zipporah and Moses makes them more ‘real’ when I read the non fiction stuff.  I gobble it all up, but 'The Red Tent’ by  Anita Diamant and Rashi's Daughters trilogy by Maggie Anton are my top favorite.

@HarryPotterFan I recently reread all of the HP books and then read The Cursed Child for the first time. #6 w/ Dumbledore I cried, it was hard, but gosh darn I sobbed during #7.  Tonks, Lupin, Fred, Sirius, Snap, Dobby, Haggrid.... I forgot how many beloved characters are gone.  I need to put a warning on The Deathly Hallows to not read when I am depressed or dehydrated.  Mr. Luna shook his head at me. he doesn’t get it.  He still indulges me when I am stuck in a book for hours and takes care of him self. #BestSpouseEver

Poor poor Derick, he really can't win can he? He is looking better than he has looked in a long time and he still gets ragged on. Did they just walk out from a church service? Who knows. They flew in from Austin to come visit for a little bit. Jeremy is the pastor, he should look like he does. Jinger is the wife of the pastor, she should look like she does.  Now Derick and Jill, do we know if they went to church services or that is just where they all visited? Give them a break, they look fine, even if they were at the church service. At my church, kids wear shorts and parents can be in jeans. It is what it is. Now John David? Just who is he trying to impress?

@LovelyLuna,  Hagrid did not die in Deathly Hallows.  In fact, Hagrid was still at Hogwarts when Harry and Ginny's son, Albus Severus Potter,  was a student there.

That scene where Harry, Hermione and Ron bury Dobby after he is killed by Bellatrix Lestrange is just heartbreaking.  

21 minutes ago, sansan said:

Poor poor Derick, he really can't win can he? He is looking better than he has looked in a long time and he still gets ragged on. Did they just walk out from a church service? Who knows. They flew in from Austin to come visit for a little bit. Jeremy is the pastor, he should look like he does. Jinger is the wife of the pastor, she should look like she does.  Now Derick and Jill, do we know if they went to church services or that is just where they all visited? Give them a break, they look fine, even if they were at the church service. At my church, kids wear shorts and parents can be in jeans. It is what it is. Now John David? Just who is he trying to impress?

I can't stand Derick, but I think he looks great in that photo. I can't find a single thing to criticize about his appearance: he looks happy, healthy, clean, neat, well put together, and his clothes fit and match. I like his outfit and I prefer it to what Jeremy and JD are wearing.

Also I think Sam’s carseat is just fine. He’s in the one he’s supposed to be. If he were in a followup carseat I would have a lot more problems with it. All babies are usually crammed up in their first carseat once they reach their 1 year mark. 

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I can't stand Derick, but I think he looks great in that photo. I can't find a single thing to criticize about his appearance: he looks happy, healthy, clean, neat, well put together, and his clothes fit and match. I like his outfit and I prefer it to what Jeremy and JD are wearing.

Agreed, Derick looks absolutely fine in this picture. Shame about the cult.

On the other hand, I think JD's outfit makes him look about 70.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived