IGNORED

Dillards 49: Dull Dillards Dulling

samurai_sarah

Jill, if you want people to think he’s a good husband you shouldn’t looked so shocked. Especially when he does something unworthy of accolades. 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hubby just went to work at an actual, real job that doesn't involve manipulating people, and he has never abused teenagers over social media.

#BESTHUBBYEVA

#startingfromalowbasehere #actuallyhesagoodguy

I am single, but I can walk across the street to buy myself a bottle of chocolate milk from the store whenever I want, AND I don't have to put up with someone like Derick Dillard on a day to day basis. In fact, I made myself a hot chocolate tonight, avoided verbally attacking transgender teenagers, and managed not to embarrass myself and my entire family in front of millions of people on social media. Win!

14 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

That's true, I forgot about German! It's separate in Danish too. I was mostly thinking of French and Russian, but there actually are plenty of other examples of languages where those pronouns are different.

In Dutch we have the following (I include a link to an mp3 I made so you can hear how we pronounce it if you find that interesting - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eAJjLmSPYLjm7b22SAVTvPBkXs77an5D/view):

• jij (you - singular)
  • jullie (you - plural)
  • (you - formal singular and plural) 

My husband brought my pregnant self home an enormous m&m cookie that I'd been craving all day without me having to ask. AND that was after he'd been at WORK all day making MONEY to feed his family. #besthubbyeveromgslfsjfldkfjslfksjdf 

I'm planning to buy myself an early upgrade on my phone tomorrow while I take youngest nephew to the cinema and pizza express. 

#bestmeever

One of my friends and I got some bad (academic) news yesterday.  Not only did some of our other friends take us out to a yummy, unhealthy dinner but my boyfriend also came over and spent the night at my apartment to provide comfort and hugs. #bestbrosever #bestboyfriendever #hashtagblessed 

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

My husband brought my pregnant self home an enormous m&m cookie that I'd been craving all day without me having to ask. AND that was after he'd been at WORK all day making MONEY to feed his family. #besthubbyeveromgslfsjfldkfjslfksjdf 

Yes, but has he been working since age five?   I didn't think so!!!

Also love your avatar - I love that version of P & P.  

Derick has the maturation of a 16 YO. I wonder if he has some sort of arrested development?  I know losing a parent suddenly and at a younger age likely has long term ramifications + having a mom who was very, very ill, but if he is working on anything, getting himself whole should be key. He has children of his own that he needs to be "right" for.

Jill and Derick are a mess as a couple and as parents. It's like 4 kids trying to navigate life. Cathy and JB are enablers.

Jill's posts would be a lot more funny if she added #sarcasm to the end.   

Derick bought me some chocolate milk.  #besthubbyintheworld #hesacrificessomuchforus ..... #sarcasm

Thank you for doing such a great job raising my hubby!  I'm so grateful to have you as a MIL..... #sarcasm

I love keeping pics of my hubby in my bible as bookmarks!  .... #sarcasm

#besthubbyever  He cleans the litter box w/o being told. He takes the trash out. He goes to the library and bookstores with me knowing I will be in them for hours. He deals with me being a moody bitch.

I have my period so I announced that I would be in the bathtub or the bed when he gets home, and would not be cooking tonight.  He said "uh, ok."

#besthubbyever

#blessed

#takethatjill

I am currently sans husband or SO, but I am privileged to live with a slightly malicious and highly creative tuxedo cat. Today, while I was at work, said tuxedo took it upon himself to declutter and reorganize my closet. Granted, he accomplished this by pulling the clothes off the hangers and throwing them on the floor before piling them up into a giant mound, but he's definitely the #bestcatever and #waybetterthanderrick 

Now I just have to figure out if he means the pile to be keep, toss or donate... 

I should add that the #bestcatever also posed proudly for pictures amid the remains of my closet, with a look of derisive scorn on his little face, which makes him #betteratsocialmediathanjill - although to be fair, that's a low bar #saynotoduckface #quitwiththefishgape

27 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

I should add that the #bestcatever also posed proudly for pictures amid the remains of my closet, with a look of derisive scorn on his little face, which makes him #betteratsocialmediathanjill - although to be fair, that's a low bar #saynotoduckface #quitwiththefishgape

Pics or didn't happen! :my_biggrin:

I too would like to see this amazing tuxedo cat!! Maybe he could teach my Siameses how to help me organize my disaster of a closet.

I think my hubby tops all of yours though. I took off my walking boot to air out my sad swollen broken leg and sat down in the recliner to catch up on FJ. Upon doing so I realized my phone was about to die, in spite of the fact that I charged it all day. (Damn you, planned obsolesence! This phone is only 2 years old!) So he very kindly walked all the way out to the garage to get a 12 foot extension cord so I can sit in the chair AND charge my phone.

Just kidding. He bitched about the fact that he had to go ALL the way out to the garage (it's attached). I was going to get it myself, even though it hurts to walk. I can't wait til my damn leg is healed and I can do stuff for myself again.

#stillbetterthanderick
#heworks10hourdaysanddoesshitathometoo

I just want chocolate milk after reading this thread but it’s 4:30 in the morning. Pregnancy is fun. 

If my husband didn’t bring me drinks or food here and there, it would be weird. We do small gestures like that for each other all the time. I’d never think to post it online. While I find Jill to be very annoying, I also feel bad for her. 

2 hours ago, mstee said:

While I find Jill to be very annoying, I also feel bad for her. 

This. No matter what she does, she mostly annoys the hell out of me (I realize I don't usually give her a chance, though). However, she has lost all the spark she had before Izzy's birth and their move to Scary Central America, and it is difficult not to feel a little sorry for her. I'm glad they came back home, and for three reasons: 1) Jill can spend time with her family that clearly is important to her, 2) the people of El Salvador don't have to deal with these idiots anymore, and 3) with good Internet access (read: daily Twitter!) the whole world can see what a massive jerk Derick really is.

32 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This. No matter what she does, she mostly annoys the hell out of me (I realize I don't usually give her a chance, though). However, she has lost all the spark she had before Izzy's birth and their move to Scary Central America, and it is difficult not to feel a little sorry for her. I'm glad they came back home, and for three reasons: 1) Jill can spend time with her family that clearly is important to her, 2) the people of El Salvador don't have to deal with these idiots anymore, and 3) with good Internet access (read: daily Twitter!) the whole world can see what a massive jerk Derick really is.

Yeah, as much as I find her obnoxious, I miss the old Jill who was well-meaning and kind of a lovable dork and I could see her in another life studying to be a nurse or going full hippie and working with an NGO somewhere. Maybe if she was a slightly less strict fundie, she could have gotten work leading white savior missioncations with SOS (not ideal, but would be better than the deal she got). Now all the life has left her eyes. 

I'm hard on Jill like most other posters here but I feel for her, too. Her whole life she was told God would show her The One, her prince charming, and they'd live happily ever after, easily birth over a dozen kids, and love every second of it. Instead I don't think Derrick has been everything she wanted in a husband, I'm sure she sees the writing on the wall that she won't be able to pop kids out like Michelle did, and she hasn't seemed happy with how Derrick's erratic decision making and whims have bounced them on a few dead-end paths. She seems to be very family oriented and being taken far from her family to live in a foreign culture just stressed her out. This new stint at Cross Church feels like a compromise where neither she nor her husband are happy.

Honestly it's like the fundie version of being told to get a degree and you'll have a great job and be happy, going to college maybe grad school and then getting out into the real world to find you can't get a job in your field/don't actually like working in your field, and you're thinking, "But this is what I wanted! Why am I not happy?" or "This isn't what I expected." I'm sure plenty of people here can relate to that. 

But Jill's situation is worse because it's a lot harder for her to make moves to change her situation than the typical Millennial postgrad who's struggling with figuring out their career in their twenties.

I blame Jim Boob and Michelle for Jill’s unhappiness.  They’re the ones who raised her to believe she doesn’t have a voice to stand up for herself.  Even if she did decide that she’s going to do something about the fact that she’s saddled with this asshat for life, where would she go?  They have guaranteed that she has no support outside the family who would all shun her for leaving.

It's curious that Jilly Muffin has to make a fuss about every mundane thing Dwreck does. I guess she has to convince herself that she's happy.

I'm single but ex-boyfriend waited for me to get out of class with sunflowers and chocolates every friday, ex-boyfriend texted me poems he made every single day, ex-boyfriend also is an ex for a reason and thank God I'm not jilly and had the choice to dump him. Still... #bestexboyfriendevaaaa :pb_lol: #stillbetterthanDwreck

Considering how hard she's trying to make WRECK look like a good husband on social media, how long until she goes into a full blown Ingrid Goes West envy meltdown at what her sisters are posting vs what she is?

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

full blown Ingrid Goes West envy meltdown

'splain yourself, Lucy... lol

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

'splain yourself, Lucy... lol

Great movie by the way - Ingrid is obsessed with social media and when one of her obsessions doesn't invite her to her wedding, she has a complete breakdown, shows up and maces her in the face. She finds a new obsession later and spends a ridiculous amount of time trying to perfect her Instagram as well as befriend the new girl.

Jill wouldn't be so extreme but a meltdown I could see happening. 

I’m all for celebrating small gestures from SOs or anyone else really because to me those are some of the most important gestures. I don’t do social media but even if I did I still wouldn’t be posting about it, though I can’t say I really *care* if other people do. 

My my biggest thing with Jill is a similar sentiment that others have already expressed: I feel sorry for her. Maybe she’s overcompensating, maybe she just really likes to post that on Instagram, I don’t know what’s going on in her mind. But ffs, her posts do always leave a certain sad taste in my mouth :my_sad:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived