IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

For some reason I find it hilarious that the inflatable they used to decorate John's truck is a Paw Patrol character. You can't get more mainstream than that. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Granwych said:

I would be super pissed if anyone in my immediate family wore black to my wedding.  Thumbs down to you, Teri Maxwell.  And to the rest of your holier-than-though brood, John excepted because it's his wedding.

Black attire I could take or leave for my wedding, since a good 90% of my wardrobe is black (and by extension most or all of my formal wear). I want to know why the lady seated in the pews in that picture decided to wear a Green Bay Packers jacket to what looks like a fairly formal wedding. In general I'm just sort of baffled by fundie weddings where guests are on a formality spectrum from "just out running out to do some errands" to "Wait this isn't Harry and Meghan's wedding?" 

ETA: The "distracted driver" car decoration pisses me off. "LOLOLOL our brother might kill someone because he's sucking face with his new broodmare instead of paying attention to the road LOLOLOLOL". Also, it sounds like an innuendo for road head. 

10 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Someone must have pulled her aside and said something, because she switched from brown to pink at some point. The second one looks a million times better. 

I think the second picture is taken in some other day (Allison mentioned that they also took pictures at some friends house in Washington (from the site :"Chelsy and John had couple portraits taken at a few different locations, including our friend's beautiful Victorian home in Washington.")

9 hours ago, Granwych said:

I would be super pissed if anyone in my immediate family wore black to my wedding.  Thumbs down to you, Teri Maxwell.  And to the rest of your holier-than-though brood, John excepted because it's his wedding.

Black is pretty common for an evening wedding. So in some circles it is completely fine. However Teri really stands out because she's the only on in black. It was a very poor choice as mother of the groom.

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Black is pretty common for an evening wedding. So in some circles it is completely fine. However Teri really stands out because she's the only on in black. It was a very poor choice as mother of the groom.

Yes black is very common at the weddings I have gone to. I'm going to a wedding next Saturday and my outfit is completely black, and it's perfect acceptable. 

11 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Yes black is very common at the weddings I have gone to. I'm going to a wedding next Saturday and my outfit is completely black, and it's perfect acceptable. 

Definitely. Guests wearing black is common. I will say that mothers of the bride or groom need to kind of "go with" the colors of the wedding. They will be in a lot of pictures and they are being walked down the aisle. The groomsmen aren't even wearing black suits. So she sticks out terribly. My mom and now MIL purposely wore jewel tone colors that went with my wedding color scheme. In some weddings where the mother didn't like the bride and the groom was a known mama's boy, I would side eye the hell out of the mother of the groom wearing black when no one else is. Like she was mourning her son marrying the bride. But I think Teri is just clueless and wears whatever she wants without much thought to how it will look in pictures.

41 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

When one of my sons married a few years ago, I wore black and white; mother of the bride wore black and gold; no one batted an eyelash, My daughter in law's attitude was "if the dress looks good on you, go for it!"

My sister chose black dresses for her bridesmaids. it was a formal wedding, but not black tie. It looked really classy in my opinion and her white dress really stood out beautifully. Insert other media

38 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

My sister chose black dresses for her bridesmaids. it was a formal wedding, but not black tie. It looked really classy in my opinion and her white dress really stood out beautifully. Insert other media

Someone I went to school with had black for her bridesmaids dresses also. She posted pictures on Facebook and they were great! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived