IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

The anti sports thing always gets me riled up.  Sports are not sinful!  Coward Steve always takes the bible out of context.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

The anti sports thing always gets me riled up.  Sports are not sinful!  Coward Steve always takes the bible out of context.

Same here. I don’t care for sports. But I have nothing against people who enjoy them. 

20 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Same here. I don’t care for sports. But I have nothing against people who enjoy them. 

I guess since I'm a sports fan and played sports growing up is why I get riled about it.   My mother is the opposite if me, hates sports but loves art.  She wants to go to the Lourve and the Rembrandt museum some day.  My interest in art is mild at best.  Just because Coward Steve doesn't approve of something doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

I'm not accusing Chelsy and John of anything, but in the picture @Ivycoveredtower posted above of them kissing after the wedding, they sure look like they know exactly what they're doing.  No awkwardness whatsoever.

Just sayin'.

And I see major awkwardness in that picture. He's holding her way too tightly, and it looks like he's got his whole mouth around hers. It's a very possessive pose on his end.

It's also very typical of fundie men in wedding and early marriage pics, because they finally are able to righteously fulfill their normal sexual urges without having any guilt. 

On 3/28/2018 at 8:08 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

yep hopefully they were parked and actually not driving like that.  looks like they need a bigger car. 

Who were the young kids in those photos?

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

And I see major awkwardness in that picture. He's holding her way too tightly, and it looks like he's got his whole mouth around hers. It's a very possessive pose on his end.

It's also very typical of fundie men in wedding and early marriage pics, because they finally are able to righteously fulfill their normal sexual urges without having any guilt. 

I still think he might have a reason (according to the Church of Stevehova) to be "guilty". I also suspect the grip has to do with patrichary. Even if he doesn't really feel like he owns her, that sort of Headship mindset is still going to be there subconsciously due to the beliefs/training/brainwashing he faced as a kid, teen and young adult.

EDIT: Either he is "guilty" or he practiced kissing on the back of his hand quite a bit!

8 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

I am not sure. the way she writes about them I would say some of her friends kids or maybe kids she babysits for. 

I thought it looked like John was trying to keep hard hold of her arm in that photo. He needs to let up on the pressure just a bit. It reads all sorts of awkward to me between the arm clenching, the angle of his head, her incredibly upright posture, etc.  

There was prayer during the wedding ceremony. The parents prayed around the couple, which seemed really uncomfortable. It reminded me of the scene in Interview with the Vampire in which the theater vampires descend on the woman on stage. 

36 minutes ago, AllisonWndrland said:

I thought it looked like John was trying to keep hard hold of her arm in that photo. He needs to let up on the pressure just a bit. It reads all sorts of awkward to me between the arm clenching, the angle of his head, her incredibly upright posture, etc.  

It looked like that to me also, but then I thought how much chemistry these two have and maybe the clench was just John and Chelsy’s way of trying not to get it on right there...I mean they did run out of the reception...just a thought...

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

It looked like that to me also, but then I thought how much chemistry these two have and maybe the clench was just John and Chelsy’s way of trying not to get it on right there...I mean they did run out of the reception...just a thought...

I really hope it is that and not cringe-level awkwardness. 

On 31/03/2018 at 4:46 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

good catch. man I can't believe I missed that. I am such a pride and prejudice failure right now. oh well guess it's time to read it for the 100th time. 

You’re not a P&P failure. The quote is from the Keira Knightley movie, not the book. It’s a most un-Austenlike phrase and I always thought that scene ruined the whole movie. 

2 minutes ago, WineGlass said:

You’re not a P&P failure. The quote is from the Keira Knightley movie, not the book. It’s a most un-Austenlike phrase and I always thought that scene ruined the whole movie. 

I knew it sounded vaguely familiar but couldn't place it in the book. it's been a long time since I watched the Keira version of the movie. I am partial to the Colin Firth BBC  version

I gave the Jennifer Ehle/Colin Firth version of P&P to one of my daughters last Christmas.  That daughter posted something about which Bennet daughter are you the other day on her FB.  She said she was Mary.  Her oldest sister was Jane and the second born sister was Elizabeth.   My youngest chimed in that she was Kitty!

1 minute ago, PennySycamore said:

I gave the Jennifer Ehle/Colin Firth version of P&P to one of my daughters last Christmas.  That daughter posted something about which Bennet daughter are you the other day on her FB.  She said she was Mary.  Her oldest sister was Jane and the second born sister was Elizabeth.   My youngest chimed in that she was Kitty! 

good thing you didn't end up with a Lydia :laughing-rollingyellow:then you might have to deal with a Mr. Wickham as a Son in law. :shocked:

10 hours ago, AllisonWndrland said:

There was prayer during the wedding ceremony. The parents prayed around the couple, which seemed really uncomfortable. It reminded me of the scene in Interview with the Vampire in which the theater vampires descend on the woman on stage. 

She looks like she's about to slide off and he's hanging on for dear life.

Aarrgghh now I am going to be mentally rewriting fundie services to include more vampires. Creepy.. ok, creepier.

On 31.3.2018 at 1:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always seem to like the grandparents of these fundies better than the parents. Probably because most of these grandparents didn't raise their children in the harmful fundie homeschooling way. I always wonder what many of them are thinking. We know what Jimmy Lee Duggar thought because he was open about it. Mama Jane is also pretty open about it as well. But I would love to hear what's Gigi thinks. Or grandma Bontrager.

I share your interest with fundie grandparents and their views concerning QF, patriarchy and so on. And I agree that this was very sweet and thoughtful of her Grandma, but when it comes to the Bontrager's grandparents I don't see any one them condemning this kind of lifestyle since both sets of grandparents seem to be traditional Mennonites. They might disagree with their kids attending a baptist church and may even think that they show off their holiness a little too much, but being a housewife and mother and having eleventy kids must seem quite normal in their world.

I would love to sit down with Mama Jane and Gigi over coffee and have some quality time with them. Their point of view really interests me.

On 1.4.2018 at 2:49 AM, Odd1Out said:

There's a family with six (?) young kids who Chelsy has talked about helping to get ready for church every Sunday morning. I don't know if it was a paid babysitter-type job (and if she was there more often thn just Sunday mornings), or if she was just (majorly) helping out a friend. Either way, she has talked about being very close to the kids a few times.

22 hours ago, AllisonWndrland said:

I really hope it is that and not cringe-level awkwardness. 

I think it’s just an odd pose. I think normally if she were sitting like in the photo his whole arm would be around her pulling her in closer. But the photographer placed them that way to see both of them. I don’t think he means to clutch her arm in a possessive way, just the way the photographer told him to. 

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I would love to sit down with Mama Jane and Gigi over coffee and have some quality time with them. Their point of view really interests me.

Me too. Mama Jane can probably out-snark all of us since she has insider information. Gigi is in a more vulnerable position, since she is rather frail and seems to depend a lot on the Maxwells to keep up her home. I don't think she CAN say anything.

Then there's Grandma Duggar, who is rumored to be the brains behind their whole operation. As long as the $$$ keeps coming in, she isn't going to say anything.

36 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Me too. Mama Jane can probably out-snark all of us since she has insider information. Gigi is in a more vulnerable position, since she is rather frail and seems to depend a lot on the Maxwells to keep up her home. I don't think she CAN say anything.

Then there's Grandma Duggar, who is rumored to be the brains behind their whole operation. As long as the $$$ keeps coming in, she isn't going to say anything.

Grandma Duggar seems to be spending a ton of time at Amy's so she may be slowly breaking away from her son. from Amy's insta it looks like Mary spent yesterday with her and Deeanna. 

On 3/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet she's currently pregnant. How far along? Who knows. She could be anywhere from 2 weeks (just got pregnant and doesn't know yet) to 14 weeks pregnant (wedding night conception). 

16 weeks would be better :P

On 4/1/2018 at 2:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I want to add that I'm always pleased when young adults who are raised fundie show tiny little rebellions. Because I think it really helps them to see how legalistic their parents and community can be. 

For instance, sporting events. Steve Maxwell is so anti sport because it becomes an idol and of course pro sports are broadcast on the beast. If John was to watch a sporting event on TV (like baseball) and enjoy it, he would realize that sports are not as sinful as his father portrayed and can be enjoyable. Things like that help a fundie kid to realize their parents are not always correct and it helps them to question other teachings.

Steve also did not want the kids to have the chance to have friends outside the family.

did they end up having a live stream wedding. her blog claims they were having one and shares a link to her parents you tube but when you go there her wedding is not there. the double wedding and her other brothers weddings are there but not Chelsey and Johns. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived