IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 3: Will There Be a Welcome Home Party?

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, lilith said:

Interesting exchange. I hope their “talking time” involved Mrs Bontrager strongly encouraging Sarah to get to know some men at the forthcoming wedding and reminding her that she could still have a full life of marriage and motherhood before her.

CF284E74-233C-4E4D-BF7C-D2B4FD483A63.png

What I observed here, in addition to Sarah's ever-awkward writing, is that Mama Bontrager has taken the time to reach out and express gratitude for sharing the posts.  With all of the complimentary posts on the Bontrager blog about John, I have yet to see anything similar from any Maxwell.  Very self centered are you Maxwells.  I shouldn't be surprised.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, lilith said:

Interesting exchange. I hope their “talking time” involved Mrs Bontrager strongly encouraging Sarah to get to know some men at the forthcoming wedding and reminding her that she could still have a full life of marriage and motherhood before her.

Every time we talk about Sarah and her life I think of Scarlett's catty thoughts about India Wilkes in GWTW--that Sarah could catch some "old' widower with many children if she'd just make an effort! LOL

I wish Mrs. B was asking her to come and do an internship (i.e. "bless them with help") for a few months.

As to a Welcome Home party--oh, of course they will. People would NOTICE if they didn't. They'll just do it with a mean spirit like the engagement announcement.

Also not seeing any kind of snide comment about not knowing where we’ll go when we die. Some post about climbing, with an appropriate Bible verse, but nothing to do with Death...

8 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Also not seeing any kind of snide comment about not knowing where we’ll go when we die. Some post about climbing, with an appropriate Bible verse, but nothing to do with Death...

It was a reference to Steve sneakily redirecting to a post on Salvation (because we will go to Hell when we die) and taking down the Nathan and Melanie wedding post.  

Discussed in detail on the last thread.

Post that was deleted is on Wayback

I make a point of using Archive for any blog post I link here, in case they end up editing or deleting it later.

They obviously took a lot of pictures before the wedding.  Second picture down - I spy Chelsy's vows in her hand. 

1 hour ago, nomoxian said:

I make a point of using Archive for any blog post I link here, in case they end up editing or deleting it later.

I've never figured out how to do that (foolproof instructions welcome) but it is a very good idea.

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

They obviously took a lot of pictures before the wedding.  Second picture down - I spy Chelsy's vows in her hand. 

I've never figured out how to do that (foolproof instructions welcome) but it is a very good idea.

I think she went to the ladies room right before the wedding and flushed it down the toilet. They can still say they saved their first kiss for their wedding day if they kissed in private in the middle of the ceremony. 

Bucket list comments:

1.  I read first as, “schedule wine tastings weekly”. 

2.  #3 under achievements is cheating.  Come up with some real achievements, slacker.

eta: (y’all don’t know me.  Max sarcasm w slacker comment)

Does anyone else find it weird that the Maxwells and Bontragers each posted wedding pictures that featured their families only (aside from John and Chelsy)? We've (my extended family) had a bunch of wedding recently and many of the couples have posted their pictures on social media and in each case there are pictures of both sides mingling (including "talk time") and having fun. The Bontragers and Maxwells are like oil and water - aside from John and Chelsy they just don't mix. 

Tinfoil hat time: I think the Maxwells (i.e. Steve )were not at all pleased that John picked Chelsy and the Bontragers picked up on his icy disapproval and decided just focus on their family for Chelsy's sake. Alternatively the Maxwells (noted conversationalists all) were so awkward the Bontragers read that as disapproval and took the same steps to distance themselves. Either way I hope John and Chelsy move to wherever the Bontragers live and get away from Steve. I know the Bontragers are just as fundie as the Maxwells but at least they look like they are having fun.

Look at Allison's resolutions for the year. Some of them sound exactly like what Sarah would write :-/
IMG_6105.thumb.PNG.ed0fa4e8d765769e97446f61af1d6f0e.PNG
Allison's goals sound like mine 3-4 years ago. Strict, sad, and easy to beat yourself up about.
Poor thing. Maybe she's a pet fundie because she reminds me of me then...

I'm still waiting to see a picture of their departure from the wedding, I want to see what shoes she wore because I know she could not have been barefoot... Generally I'm disappointed there's no great outdoor pics in the snow, that seems like the best part of having a winter wedding.

7 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I'm still waiting to see a picture of their departure from the wedding, I want to see what shoes she wore because I know she could not have been barefoot... Generally I'm disappointed there's no great outdoor pics in the snow, that seems like the best part of having a winter wedding.

Sarah posted this one.. if you look closely she does appear to be wearing clothes but it’s hard to tell which ones

C333695A-CE4C-45EE-BFF0-D3ABF4D8D727.jpeg

3 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Generally I'm disappointed there's no great outdoor pics in the snow, that seems like the best part of having a winter wedding.

Yeah, it seems like Chelsey incorporated all of the worst parts of winter (dark, drab, cold) into the wedding without any of the cool parts (snow, sparkles, a sort of elegant starkness). Obviously, it's her wedding, and if she's happy with it, that works. I'm just really surprised with the angle she took here. Especially since she has access to Pinterest and can find ideas there. 

One of the many reasons I'd love to see one of the Maxwell daughters get married is that I'm really, really interested in what a real Maxwell wedding would look like. 

The Wissman wedding that was on the same day one state away was WAY better. I basically liked everything about the Wissman wedding better. Tori's wedding was way better too. But they have more money. 

I think Chelsy's wedding would have been a million times better in the summer. An outdoor wedding with a tent and lots of flowers and greenery would've been perfect. John should've popped the question sooner so they could've had a summer wedding like Chelsey's brothers.

I don’t think having a completely decorated wedding mattered to Chelsy and John. They just wanted to be married. I think the wedding night was the most important thing on their minds and throwing together a wedding was just a necessity to get to that. 

I think it also must irk Steve that the Bontragers put Chelsy + John and not the other way around. 

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Sarah posted this one.. if you look closely she does appear to be wearing clothes but it’s hard to tell which ones

Edit: lmaooo I meant shoes!!!!:my_biggrin::my_biggrin:

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

C333695A-CE4C-45EE-BFF0-D3ABF4D8D727.jpeg

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Copy the URL of the page content that you want to save, go to the Archiving site of your choice (like Archive.is or Wayback Machine) and paste the URL in the box where it tells you to insert pages you wish to save.  For Wayback that is currently located on the right hand side of the page.

Alternately, you can right click your mouse on the blog entry and save the page as a PDF. For websites that block right clicking, you can use screen recording software to capture the information. (EDIT) You can also do Ctrl+Print Screen, then paste it into a program like Paint.

HI STEVE. THE INTERNET IS FOREVER. JUST LIKE BURNING IN HELLFIRE.

Okay, wait, sorry, I'm bringing something over from the last thread because I forgot to say it then. I don't know how to quote it properly, but on the topic of Steve and Teri's "missing" children, @lilith said:

"I think I’ve only heard/read Steve and Sarah bemoaning their absence. I’m sure that deep down Teri is grateful she got that 7 years off from procreation."

It makes sense, though, that Sarah would mourn them. She was the only girl for a long time - aren't she and Anna around a decade apart in age?  But if they'd kept having kids there would be a pretty good chance of at least one girl not much younger than Sarah to help out.

And I, personally, can't help thinking that if Steve had had (a) more girls than boys, and (b) 11-12 rather than the 8 he does have, he would find himself needing to marry his daughters off for the sake of both image and finances.

As for Allison's goal list: fasting WEEKLY? I fast 2-6 times a year and am completely knocked out every time! Also, she might have the Maxwells beat, how often do they schedule a fast?

11 minutes ago, meee said:

As for Allison's goal list: fasting WEEKLY? I fast 2-6 times a year and am completely knocked out every time! Also, she might have the Maxwells beat, how often do they schedule a fast?

In 2017 I fasted for Yom Kippur and was so hungry by sundown that I ate myself into a stupor. And last night, I had to work until 10 (if you're at my office past 7 you can get a delivery meal up to $25) and the group Seamless order was late, and by that point I had gone from just plain hungry to straight-up hangry. No fasting for me, thanks. 

I'm on a fast but it's not the traditional sense of a fast. Fasting is a willing abstain or reduction of some or all food. I'm eating no added sugar and alcohol, the group I am in some people are also doing dairy as part of their fast. I said no to that, I'm already denying alcohol and sugar to my body; you can come peel my cheeses out of my cold dead hands. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived