IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

On 8/20/2018 at 8:11 PM, singsingsing said:

It's apparently a rumour that Pickles heard from - get this - a friend of a friend of a Duggar insider.

Yeah. Really.

Sooooo a third cousin’s former neighbor ex-roommate’s imaginary friend’s puppy told Pickles so it must be true. 

She is a special kind of nutter Pickles is

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I used to live in the west end of Toronto (Bloor/Dufferin for the Torontonions) and had street parking for my car, so I always used to joke my life was like a Seinfield episode - if I got a good parking spot I wouldn't move my car!  My friends would be "Why did you take the TTC when you have a car"?  and I'd say "I'm not moving my car, it's parked right across from my house"!  lol.  City living.  Having a driveway is part of the reason I moved to the 'burbs.

The roofed car park is one of my favourite things with this house. We also had street parking before. The winters were the worst! They’d showel the snow up against the parked cars so you had to dig them out. 

We had a lot of snow last winter and I only had to brush of my car a handful of times when we were parked outside somewhere. I love that parking space!

I did like the Jana/Jessa home makeover scenes for JoKen’s house, I would watch a spinoff show of those two fixing up houses. They’d butt heads enough to keep it interesting and they do a nice job. Jana and Laura did a nice backsplash for Jinger’s kitchen. I know it’ll never happen because of “rules” but it’d be nice to see those two have the opportunity.

2 hours ago, CatchThatCow said:

I did like the Jana/Jessa home makeover scenes for JoKen’s house, I would watch a spinoff show of those two fixing up houses. They’d butt heads enough to keep it interesting and they do a nice job. Jana and Laura did a nice backsplash for Jinger’s kitchen. I know it’ll never happen because of “rules” but it’d be nice to see those two have the opportunity.

They really could channel most of the family into a really interesting home flipper show. They have real estate experience, many of them ( boys and girls ) have legitimate construction experience, Jessa is very personable, Joy and Austin actually do this for a living already,  and Jana is a great gardener on top of it. And a small army of young strong workers to get it done. Plus they live in a super cheap area. More bang for the buck. 

On 8/22/2018 at 6:24 AM, AtlanticTug said:

I live in the top 3 of the largest metro areas in the US, and I live in a very central neighborhood. Everything is close by, our commute to work is really quick though not close enough to walk, but our cost of living is stratospheric. Our neighborhood started gentrifying a long time ago but there are still a few streets with tiny little old 900 sq foot houses that go for sale for 7 figures only to be torn down and brand new houses, brownstone-like go up to replace them. Daycare costs are over $2K/month and the waitlists are like 2+ years long. We have access to amazing grocery stores (and no Walmart grocery in sight), restaurants, coffee shops, etc. But the congestion and traffic are horrendous, parking is hard and expensive if you take your car anywhere and it's just a chaotic life. We would LOVE to live in a small town but they really don't need people with our professional training there so we're sort of tied to where we are. I dream of owning more land and I really want a dirt road or at least a loooong dirt driveway. I have no real reason for that. Grass is probably always greener on the other side.

Wicker Park? (Ex Chicagoian here). 

I have to say, watching Jana get to work on JoKen's house, including using the heavy machinery, totally reinforced my desire to court her for MY wife. She's so amazingly capable. My boyfriend would surely understand. 

Also, I saw Solo back when it was in cinemas, and Emilia Clarke really reminded me of her. I wouldn't have thought of it before, but could really see it when she was in motion.

1498753977_kinopoisk.ru-emilia-clarke-21

Oh, small town life. I have lived in a 150 000+ town, very student-ly town, for the better part of my adult life. Then I had to do an internship of sorts in a smal village of approx 1000, and that was when you took the whole area and not just the small cluster of houses called a village center. Due to the nature of my internship I was/felt very visible, a lot of people knew who I was, and I knew a lot about a lot of people. I HATED it. I'm an introvert with an underlying proneness for anxiety (and depression), so this was NOT a good fit. Suffice to say, I really emphazise with Jilly's shower rack story, for in those days I did a lot of it my self. I used to drive over an hour to the closest city just to walk around and be invisible. And omg, going home on the weekends, and walk around in a TOWN, seeing more people crossing a sidewalk than I did on a whole day in the village. I can still remember the sensation of my shoulders relaxing.

Anyhow. That is when I realised I'm totally a city girl. I might feel at home in a smaller city as well, but in a village? Never ever. 

On 8/23/2018 at 10:25 PM, LittlePhonicsLessons said:

Wicker Park? (Ex Chicagoian here). 

I used to live in Wicker Park! Great neighborhood

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:47 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My kinfolk dragged me out to Mountain Home to eat catfish at Fred’s last year. It was fine, but I’ll bet there was a decent place closer to civilization.

Just got back from visiting, there is. The Hook in Jacksonville. It was almost as good as the Catfish Hole (sadly closed and I still miss it). The service was great too! Oh and they have the good ice.

I grew up in North Little Rock which currently has a population of ~62,000 according to last census. I thought it was ok as city size, but never considered it an actual city. I was determined to move somewhere like NYC. I hated nature and grass and trees and basically everything that was AR. I kind of got my wish at 18 and moved to Europe to a city with ~500,000 people. That was quite the step up but it was in a suburb that truly was like a village (people knowing your business and all, my divorce was worse for that). It used to be its own village forever ago along with the surrounding burbs being separate villages and they all still acted like that. I was in a city, but not really. I had a smidge of nature (sledding hill for my kid, tree lined walkways, ect) but was only a 20 minute bus ride from the heart of the downtown.  Now we have moved again and are more inside a city, but the public transport is awful so I feel more cut off from the downtown than I did even in NLR that basically has no downtown (but the mall has perked back up I saw). I don't want to live in a village again, but a super big and busy city is also not for me. On the other hand a city with awful public transport can be as lovely as it wants, but I won't be moving there again. I wonder sometimes if I am going to figure where/how I want to live and settle down, I feel like I should with two kids in tow (we are moving again next year for Mr. Outtas job).

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone but myself notice the look of "I'm sorry, I know you hate this" Jon David gave Jana when they were called to go up to their parents in the restaurant? I really don't think she likes being the center of attention. I also think she loves holding the babies and doesn't care to be on the t.v.

This was shared on Reddit....It’s annoying that Laura even had to say anything but kudos to her for saying something. I’m sure it has gotten to be too much  

65F2F23D-1CDB-4981-9985-57EE367DCDD8.jpeg

On 9/24/2018 at 4:37 AM, Dillies said:

This was shared on Reddit....It’s annoying that Laura even had to say anything but kudos to her for saying something. I’m sure it has gotten to be too much  

65F2F23D-1CDB-4981-9985-57EE367DCDD8.jpeg

This pissed me off so much, it implies because Jana is unmarried and has a close friend they must be dating. This is the one time I wish Derick had been an ass to the person asking. I hate these questions being asked about anyone, nevermind in the public eye and part of a family known for being anti gay stance. 

On 3/23/2018 at 7:34 PM, Beermeet said:

@nausicaa. Ah, yes.  Those.  To be avoided at all costs.  Agreed. Worse than a player because at least you know what to expect with a player.  

I think I shocked one of my male friends who bemoaned that women only date players who will dump them after a short time by saying "Why do you assume that the women they date want more than that?". He was confused and I pointed out that a woman might date a player because she really is more interested in having fun for a while and knows he is not "marriage material" but might still be decent enough to spend time with. When he looked even more shocked I had to add "Or he is just great in bed and it is worth dating him even if it is just a short time or a ONS". It was like he had no idea women don't always want a steady relationship or they are sometimes just horny.

53 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

This pissed me off so much, it implies because Jana is unmarried and has a close friend they must be dating. This is the one time I wish Derick had been an ass to the person asking. I hate these questions being asked about anyone, nevermind in the public eye and part of a family known for being anti gay stance. 

I get this a lot because I'm in my early 30's and I'm single. One of my really good friends is also single, and so we do a lot of stuff together. A lot of people assume we're in a relationship. She also has a pixie cut and wears more casual clothes, whereas I like to dress up, so people assume she's my butch :lol: Thankfully both of us are extremely comfortable with ourselves and aren't offended in the least. If the worst thing you can say about me is that I'm a lesbian, then I've got it pretty good. 

11 minutes ago, viii said:

I get this a lot because I'm in my early 30's and I'm single. One of my really good friends is also single, and so we do a lot of stuff together. A lot of people assume we're in a relationship. She also has a pixie cut and wears more casual clothes, whereas I like to dress up, so people assume she's my butch :lol: Thankfully both of us are extremely comfortable with ourselves and aren't offended in the least. If the worst thing you can say about me is that I'm a lesbian, then I've got it pretty good. 

Someone once asked my mum if I was gay because my best friend since birth is gay and she always saw me with her. I am the same early 30s and single.

I grew up in a small mountain town that had a year round population of less than 2,000. It's slightly larger now and it's always been a resort area so there's tons of tourists, mostly in the winter but also in the summer. I grew up spending a lot of time where my mum grew up in this wee little farming town in Ontario of less than 500 people. My dad's family is all in Hawai'i, on O'ahu, which is massive and the most populated Island,, but they live on the leeward side (far west coast) in a town that's  a little over 10,000 people and has a very small town vibe since it's almost all Pacific Islander/Polynesian and we're all related and "everbuddy know everbuddy". So I definitely grew up in and around small towns, all unique in their own ways.

There's definitely pros and cons, I ran into some hard times and it kind of made it hard when everybody knows your business and knows who you and your family are. But in the other hand there's a lot of support, tranquility (except when tourists are around ha ha).

My mom moved to the city when my parents split up, at the time the Denver metro area was less than a million, and she bounced around from in the city, to an inner ring suburb, to a more rural area outside town that's unfortunately now surrounded by sprawling suburban hell. 

I've lived in NYC, Providence Rhode Island, London and Perth Western Australia though, so I'm not uncomfortable or opposed to large cities. I'm just an outdoorsy type of girl more than anything. I almost got a job that would have kept in me in NYC indefinitely but I freaked out and came back to the mountains (I also hate North East/East Coast winters ha ha) I love culture and diversity being biracial myself and thought when I was younger I would be a city girl (Toronto or Vancouver or NYC, I visited the first two a lot since my mom used to live there as well but never NYC until but once I turned 18 and went to college out East) nd had the chance to live in various cities I realized I'm a mountain girl and am back in my hometown area. Cities are good to visit but I like where I live. 

Jana has a dog! Hopefully this does not mean she's destined to be a SAHD like Sarah Maxwell, if that's not what she wants. But man, Jana has a beautiful garden and a beautiful pup. 873945338_ScreenShot2018-09-28at9_33_35PM.thumb.png.5d4d30b3ca6131b198bb38bc44a53d24.png

Sarah Maxwell was exactly who came to mind when I read that comment. But I'm happy Jana has a dog. (And if we should trust that anyone in the family is responsible enough to care for a pet, it's gotta be jana - after all she kept 16 younger siblings alive all this time, right?)

Would you get married if you were Jana? Like @habert said, this is a dream life, she's got friends, family, steady income  from daddy, she gets to garden, shop and do what ever her heart desires, and she doesn't have any responsibility, sure she's minding the kids, I think she enjoys being around other peoples kids, they are fun, but at the end of the day she isn't responsible for them.  

I think it's highly probable that Jana doesn't want kids AT ALL, and knows that in her world, marriage before age 45 basically guarantees kids. She really seems to be setting down roots in ways that none of her siblings have. Good for her, but I wish she had the confidence to move out. I don't really follow the Duggar threads anymore, but I thought at one point I read that Jana might live in the guesthouse? Maybe Laura is her roomie so that it's acceptable to J'hair and Boob? 

I’ve been in Croatia for the last couple of weeks and I think I’ve discovered what Jana is doing. This is the biggest selling bottled water (as far as I could make out from the many places I bought water).  Maybe she’s producing and selling bottled water names after herself ;).

4FAE524E-5BBD-408C-B7D8-CA73F69E85CF.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Karma said:

I’ve been in Croatia for the last couple of weeks and I think I’ve discovered what Jana is doing. This is the biggest selling bottled water (as far as I could make out from the many places I bought water).  Maybe she’s producing and selling bottled water names after herself ;).

4FAE524E-5BBD-408C-B7D8-CA73F69E85CF.jpeg

Here we pronounce it Yah-na (like the german "Ja" for yes)

Went to Jesse's Instagram to check out the dog. More pictures with Jana. They went pumpkin shopping. They seem to do a lot together, imo, although I know it makes sense as they live closer to each other. I'm not on Instagram so no picture to link.

I think for many years, Jana, much like JD, has enjoyed the perks/benefits of being the oldest, reliable kidult in the Duggar home. And rightfully so...I think Jana has had less of a reason to fly the coop so to speak, because she has enjoyed and earned the respect and freedoms that her younger siblings did not. Good for her! This freedom has likely given Jana a feeling of control-

I'd rather have Jana's life than Anna, Jill or Joy's- 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived