IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

So, IIRC, Jana can and does go places on her own and has for a long time. In their first book, she tells the story about when she bleached out her hair with peroxide, then made a secret trip to the beauty supply store to try to dye it brown and ended up with an orangy brown color (think back to the super crunchy days).

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been seeing a lot of Tim Tebow on my timeline lately. People sharing his birth story. I'm not even sure if my Finnish friends really know who he is. :think: Or his forever boo Jana :romance-adore: .... now forcefully separated by Satan's agenda! :crying-yellow:

On 7/16/2018 at 9:25 AM, Lurky said:

It's difficult to tell, isn't it?  If there's an insta photo on a Duggar account of her looking alone (as an example), then who took the photo?  And if it's someone popping up to FJ to say "I saw her alone", that's even less trustworthy.

I do get this, but at her age, surely most young women would travel to stay with family alone?  I guess to me, if she is allowed to travel etc alone, but never does because she hates it, that's because her parents have bought her up to be that scared/uncomfortable/unconfident.  For most young women her age, even if they loathe traveling alone, they'll have commuted to work alone, so it wouldn't be as big a deal to travel to hang out with a sister, or whatever, even if they'd prefer to travel with someone else.

(And I know, there are reasons like anxieties and agoraphobia that stop some people traveling alone, but if that's the case here, the Duggars have enough money to get treatment for her...)

Right, but I think sometimes, especially in big families, it can be a question of opportunity. Most women her age would have commuted to school and / or work, of course, so that part is definitely different. But for trips to the store or travel to see a sister - if you don’t crave being alone it would be really easy to just...not. Because you just yell out  “ hey, I’m going to Walmart, anyone want to come “ or “ Hey, I know you wanted to go see Jinger next month, me too !” 

I was talking about this with one of my younger kids recently - I was trying to remember at what age he got to do some common independent activities alone - walking to the store, or school, or staying home alone - and realized I really didn’t know - because there just tended to always be a sibling around. 

Personally, I used to loooooveeee doing things alone, but I know many people don’t. Even introverts - sometimes especially introverts. 

Looking at their social media responses - some of them are soooooooo creepy and pervey or hateful,  I don’t know if I’d feel safe being out. 

Or, maybe she’s more or less shackled inside and is plotting escape. 

• 2 weeks later...

Given the speed of the courtship/engagement speed of JD and Sia I will be amazed if there isnt a Jana announcement very soon. JD wedding will be followed swiftly by a courtship for Jana-which will garner HUGE interest and possibly partially rescue the Duggar brand in time for the next wave of ad nauseum samey weddings2

I don't understand how a friend qualifies as an accountability partner. A friend normally has your best interest in mind not your family's. I've even argued this about bestie sisters (and brothers). Seems like a flawed system. But I question the validity of several of the rules they once promoted. I am not entirely sure it's the parents pressuring the kidults on minor issues as much as it is TLC and branding PR. It was once said that Jim Bob would not allow women in pants around the main house but Jill was seen doing just that during one of Derick's live feeds. 

I would not be surprised if at 28, Jana is allowed to run to the store by herself. Since she manages the house when Jim Bob and Jchelle are away, it only makes sense that it has happened when nescessary. At this point, I don't think she will be under too much scrutiny until (and if) she reveals interest in someone. 

That’s a lovely photo. It’s wonderful that gardening and growing things makes her happy. For the moment who cares that it happens that it be an “approved” hobby? It’s also a great and useful real world skill. That’s a genuine smile right there.

21 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

That’s a genuine smile right there.

Am I the only one who sees abject sadness in that smile? Because damn. Poor Jana.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Am I the only one who sees abject sadness in that smile? Because damn. Poor Jana.

I took another look. The corners of her eyes are going up. I really think she likes the plants. There could be some wistfulness. I do not believe she is in love with her life. She’s just (by choice, circumstances, fundie designated roles) been able to develop some skills and hobbies beyond parenting. I believe that gives her some solace.

Count me in for a 2019 Jana courtship and marriage. Now that  all the “known ones” are shipped off it’s time for the grand finale to keep the ratings going. 

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Count me in for a 2019 Jana courtship and marriage. Now that  all the “known ones” are shipped off it’s time for the grand finale to keep the ratings going. 

Jana marrying would be a "grand finale" in many ways, but don't you think that JB would like CO to continue way beyond 2019? What would keep interest up (in his eyes) after Jana is married?

3 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Jana marrying would be a "grand finale" in many ways, but don't you think that JB would like CO to continue way beyond 2019? What would keep interest up (in his eyes) after Jana is married?

I think they'll have her pop out at least one baby before they cancel- maybe it will be twins!

17 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I took another look. The corners of her eyes are going up. I really think she likes the plants. There could be some wistfulness. I do not believe she is in love with her life. She’s just (by choice, circumstances, fundie designated roles) been able to develop some skills and hobbies beyond parenting. I believe that gives her some solace.

It wouldn't surprise me if she feels unhappy about her life, but then realizes it's either that or raising kids from a husband she doesn't love. I don't say this to imply that none of the Duggars love their spouses; most of them do. But since she's stated she's not interested in anyone, if she had gotten married years ago, it would have been to someone she didn't love and used as an excuse to get out of there. She actually might have done that, if her family was crammed in an average 3 bedroom house, living in poverty, and didn't have the show to support them. 

She has the options of bad or worse, and she's currently going with bad. That along with her hobbies (I hope) she's content with.

I take like 15 pictures of myself to get one selfie showing my friends a new haircut. Why? Because in 13 of them I look angry or bug-eyed or my chin looks weird. It's just ridiculous to parse a single photo for emotions. I am currently battling intense depression, but a single snapped picture of me at work or at home or with friends wouldn't show you that. 

In summary: leave brittney alone!

Damn, her hair is gorgeous. I can only dream of that kind of volume :my_cry:

To be honest, I don't want to see her get married. I think that's the only reason i have a soft spot for her because it "seems" like she's holding out on purpose. (But I think I along with others are projecting our own opinions here)

The second she gets married, she gets lost in the baby watch & baby name threads. Not being married at her age and watching what she does is the only thing that is interesting. So sick of courtship, wedding, babies. Single Jana is so much more interesting. That's what they should air.

I'd like to see her go to Texas and work with Joanna Gaines.

I think Jana does have someone she is in love with but for some reason this person is not good enough within their cult. Either they are not the right age, or not religious (enough) or a black person (yes, I do think that would matter to the Duggars, I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm not), or someone who's first language is not English, or whatever....

I'm still thinking about that Asian camera guy (what was his name)?

Or Someone else who is around these days? who knows...

To me she gives off the impression that "her heart has long been engaged elsewhere" to use Jane Austen's words, and that for some reason she cannot disclose who it is and get into public with it. JB might know or he might not know it but if he knows and doesn't approve he would want to save the brand and present Jana as the bachelorette of the family instead of risking his family's reputation.

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

I take like 15 pictures of myself to get one selfie showing my friends a new haircut. Why? Because in 13 of them I look angry or bug-eyed or my chin looks weird. It's just ridiculous to parse a single photo for emotions. I am currently battling intense depression, but a single snapped picture of me at work or at home or with friends wouldn't show you that. 

In summary: leave brittney alone!

It is ridiculous. It’s also what we do here. We parse social media for clues to their lives. Unfortunately, every damn time someone makes a benign comment...which I thought I was [She looks nice, I think the plants makes her happy.] We go deep. (And that isn’t directed at you SS, you responded to me, i responded back, it spun to the usual....will she be married next year? is she harboring a secret love? blahblahblah A lot of assumptions.)

I think the plants make her happy because she’s been shown with a huge beautiful garden that they all say is her project. That’s my proof. That’s why I felt comfortable saying it. And they do the fakey smiles on tv a lot. Watch that shit for ten years you get a sense of when something looks real. Beyond that I have no real certainties about her emotions.

17 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Or maybe someone she fancies likes her fine but doesn’t love her back? It has been known to occur :)

Oh heavens no. How could anyone not want the perfect fundie maid that is our CinderJana?

1 hour ago, eveandadam said:

I'm still thinking about that Asian camera guy (what was his name)?

Frank Sun. That's my conspiracy theory, too. (That, and Tim Tebow.)

On tonight's episode, Jana just looks sad and at odds to me. Even with the garden description.  Like she had nothing to say in the pedicure scene.  

On 7/17/2018 at 6:47 PM, Mama Mia said:

Personally, I used to loooooveeee doing things alone, but I know many people don’t. Even introverts - sometimes especially introverts. 

It's also a small town thing. I was so excited when I moved to Big City and could finally go out alone and no one would think I was weird or remark that they saw me buying a burrito from the Taco Bell instead of the restaurant where I worked. Or tell my mom they saw me out at Meijer and she was buy herself and isn't that dangerous at her age and what could a 16 year old possibly need from a grocery store I hope she wasn't stealing or trying to buy tampons. And my mom would be like "she's 16, has a job, goes to school, and has used tampons since she was 11" while I'm dying of embarrassment while she relates this story (including tampon usage) to my entire extended family. 

10 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

It's also a small town thing.

^ This! I moved from a town of less than 2000 to one of 20,000 and I was utterly overwhelmed at first about the fact that stores and stuff were open later than 9 p.m. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived