IGNORED

Trump 28: He's a "stable genius" with a "big & powerful button"

Destiny

President no speak words good part 2:

"I never know what the word permanent means"

Found in the comments:

https://www.sportsgrid.com/as-seen-on-tv/media/donald-trump-i-was-the-best-baseball-player-in-new-york/

Could somebody post this transcript?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/transcript-of-donald-trump-interview-with-the-wall-street-journal-1515715481

i'm behind a paywall.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the denial begins... 

The language used was not the language used. Just so you know.

Don't think he'll be invited to the royal wedding, because  nobody wants to invite the international version of Drunk Uncle.  I hope Morning Joe and others cover that humiliation in depth, just to get under his very, very thin skin.  

The release of Wolff's book magnifying Trump stepping on his own dick re: FISA (handy hint, it has the word FOREIGN in it, but who the hell knew THAT) is close to cosmic. 

What will go down today, Friday, the day the news goes to die? 

10 hours ago, Destiny said:

Isn't it obvious? the ones where people who aren't white live. Racist bag of fucking dicks. 

He's an insult to dicks, fucking or otherwise. 

THIS. This is exactly what I was thinking when I heard about his shithole comment.

Why does everybody - and I mean everybody, even the Dems and the MSM, heck even those foreign prime ministers standing next to him - remain silent all the time? FFS, just call him out to his face when he's being obnoxious, idiotic, foolish, mendacious, demented. Call SHS out when she's spewing shit. Call anyone and everyone out. Don't just stand their and gasp and grumble inwardly. Say it to their faces. 

Call.them.out.

Well, he's right about one thing...

... there is no trust and they really should record all of his meetings.

Sen. Durbin, who was in the room when the presidunce made his comments:

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Well, he's right about one thing...

... there is no trust and they really should record all of his meetings.

Oh fuck off Putrescine (SP?) Boy. You ended their protected status so it is pretty fucking clear what you want. And he continues to speak about people of color as objects. "I have a wonderful relationship with 'Haitians'. Right because he meets one Person from Haiti he has met them all right?  I surprised he did just go point to a random person of color in a crowd and say  "See! See! Right there is a Haiti person. They like me".

I think we can safely assume that Botswana is not amused.

I did hear some reporters saying that the exact language was "shit house," not "shit hole," so maybe that's what Trump means given that he's not denying using "tough language."

Jennifer Rubin today:

Republicans: More reasons to be scared about the midterms

The party of President Trump is taking a beating in the polls. The latest Quinnipiac poll finds that 52 percent of those surveyed favor a Democratic majority in the House, and only 35 percent a GOP majority. Among independents, only 30 percent favor a Republican majority. Numbers for the Senate are nearly identical.

It is no mystery why the Republicans are in such disfavor. For one thing they really don’t like policies many Republicans have adopted:

Undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children, so-called “Dreamers,” should be allowed to remain in the U.S. and apply for citizenship, 79 percent of American voters say in a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today. Another 7 percent say Dreamers should be allowed to stay but not apply for citizenship, and 11 percent say Dreamers should be required to leave the U.S.

Support for allowing dreamers to stay and apply for citizenship ranges from 64 percent among Republicans to 92 percent among Democrats. . . .

American voters oppose 63 – 34 percent building a wall along the border with Mexico. Republicans support The Wall 78 – 19 percent and white voters with no college degree are divided with 47 percent supporting The Wall and 49 percent opposed. Every other party, gender, education, age and racial group opposes The Wall.

Looking at marijuana, voters say 58 – 36 percent, including 79 – 17 percent among voters 18 to 34 years old, that marijuana use should be made legal. Voters also support 91 – 6 percent the legalization of medical marijuana.

Even the tax plan is nothing to crow about if you ask voters. (“Voters disapprove 52 – 32 percent of the recently enacted Republican tax plan. Support is 76 – 7 percent among Republicans. White voters with no college degree are divided, with 41 percent approving of the tax plan and 38 percent disapproving. White men are divided at 46 percent approve of the plan and 43 percent disapprove. Every other listed group disapproves.  . . . The wealthy will benefit most from this plan, 66 percent of American voters say, while 22 percent say the middle class will benefit most and 4 percent say low income people will benefit most. “) Republicans might want to stop running ads bragging about the plan voters dislike by such a big majority.

Instead, Republicans might want to take a stronger hand in restraining the president, even on foreign policy, where presidents normally get a great deal of leeway. On North Korea, an astounding 61 percent they do not have confidence in Trump, while only 36 percent do.

Those Republicans who have not yet thrown in the towel and announced their intent to retire might stop irritating voters with unpopular, unnecessary and wasteful initiatives. Forget the wall, don’t devote resources to arresting pot smokers and stop using “dreamers” as a bargaining chip. Step up to the plate to make clear that war with North Korea requires congressional authorization. They should avoid the lure of cuts to domestic programs — and certainly not make the case that they don’t have the money to spend. Voters will quickly figure out that the giveaway to the rich should not be paid for with cuts to services working- and middle-class Americans need. (“The wealthy will benefit most from this plan, 66 percent of American voters say, while 22 percent say the middle class will benefit most and 4 percent say low income people will benefit most.”)

Oh, and they might decide to run as far from Trump’s racism as they can get. Rep. Mia Love (R-Utah), whose parents were from Haiti, struck the right note. “My parents came from one of those countries, took an oath of allegiance to it, and took on the responsibilities of everything that being a citizen comes with,” she said in a written statement. “The president must apologize to both the American people and the nations he so wantonly maligned.” If does not, Republicans might want to issue a resolution condemning the remarks. That might suggest they have a spine and are not all Trump acolytes.

However, a possible rebuke does raise an interesting question. If, as Love said, Trump’s comments are “unkind, divisive, elitist and fly in the face of our nation’s values,” why, during a campaign in which he said equally if not more offensive things, did Republican politicians support him?

That last sentence says it all.

Here is another, longer version of Durbin speaking to the press.

Note that at the end of the video, he says " [...] they scoffed. It was a heartbreaking moment."

Let me repeat that. THEY scoffed. Therefore, not only the presidunce but also others in the room. He was the only Democrat in the meeting. So let that sink in. We've long said it, but here we have loud and clear evidence: The GOP is racist.

They scoffed.

OMG, he just walked out with two token black men to talk about MLK. No, just no. I'm going to throw up. Evil Pencey is standing behind him with that smug half-smile on his face.

Wow, @Trump_Regrets is rather active.

Like you, @GrumpyGran, I am nauseated by the hypocrisy just radiating from them. Why, oh why are two black men willing to demean themselves by associating with him? Is that MLK Jr? Why would he even be willing to stand there, listening to the presidunce paying lip-service to his father, when everyone knows he doesn't mean a word of what he's reading from that piece of paper? It would have been such a powerful statement if he had said, "You know what, presidunce, I'm not going to lend any credence to your little show. I refuse to be a part of it because you have shown the world your true colors, you racist pig."

This is the type of religious adviser the world can do without, thank you very much.

Trump religious adviser defends 's---hole' comments

Pastor Robert Jeffress defended President Trump's reported remark referring to Haiti and some African nations as "shithole countries," saying in a statement that the president got the "sentiment" right.

The Texas evangelical megachurch pastor said Friday that Trump was "right on target" when he reportedly questioned why the U.S. accepts immigrants from "shithole countries" during a bipartisan meeting Thursday with lawmakers on immigration reform.

“Apart from the vocabulary attributed to him, President Trump is right on target in his sentiment," Jeffress told CBN News. "As commander-in-chief, President Trump has a responsibility to place the interests of our nation above the needs of other countries."

...>Jeffress' tweet<

Trump's comments sparked a wave of bipartisan criticism across Capitol Hill, and an initial statement from the White House Thursday night did not deny the remarks, saying only that Trump would continue to "fight" for Americans while other lawmakers fought for "foreign countries."

“Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people,” White House spokesman Raj Shah said.

Trump himself denied the comments Friday morning, accusing Democrats of making them up and touting his relationship with the Haitian people.

"Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said 'take them out.' Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians," Trump tweeted Friday.

Jeffress, who oversees The First Baptist Church in Dallas, spoke at Trump’s inauguration last January and has in the past made his own controversial statements, largely aimed at LGBT Americans.

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Like you, @GrumpyGran, I am nauseated by the hypocrisy just radiating from them. Why, oh why are two black men willing to demean themselves by associating with him? Is that MLK Jr? Why would he even be willing to stand there, listening to the presidunce paying lip-service to his father, when everyone knows he doesn't mean a word of what he's reading from that piece of paper? It would have been such a powerful statement if he had said, "You know what, presidunce, I'm not going to lend any credence to your little show. I refuse to be a part of it because you have shown the world your true colors, you racist pig."

He clearly did not want to be there. It was a prepared statement and I'm assuming we had Pencey there to make sure he stayed on track. This was a purposeful and, in my opinion, stupid attempt to try to show that he loves black people. No one's buying it and as I said this was offensive. I can't be offended as a person of color because I'm not and I can't be offended as a child or grandchild or even great-grandchild of immigrants because I'm not. I'm offended as a white woman because he makes the world think that people like me are racists and stupid. He's an embarrassment and vile.

I want to punch him so bad.

A powerful statement by the UN spokesman. 

He has truly pissed off the whole world this time.

Pence's smiles were weird. It was almost like he was trying to keep himself from laughing at some points. 

And I bet they had to make Trump go out there and read that speech. He looked miserable. 

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Pence's smiles were weird. It was almost like he was trying to keep himself from laughing at some points. 

And I bet they had to make Trump go out there and read that speech. He looked miserable. 

He had that look on his face that he gets when he's being forced to do something he doesn't want to do.

Like he's pouting. Jesus fucking Christ, do your fucking job you piece of shit. Oops, sorry for sounding so Presidential.

So Ryan has finally said something about the controversy. Oh, gosh darn it, how unfortunate. How unhelpful. And oh, did you know my ancestors came from Ireland...?

Nice attempt at deflection, without saying anything substantial, from which we can infer exactly where he stands on this.

Oh, and see how he's crossed his arms over his chest, just like the presidunce does all the time? It's a well-known tell of defensiveness.

Saw this Tweet and decided it was time for a musical interlude. Don't let Ray's Texas/Oklahoma greasy old white guy appearance fool ya. He is not a TD. He and his wife are progressives and one of us.

Time to count my blessings. 

Yeah some diplomats got tired of having to represent fuck face.

WASHINGTON, Jan 12 (Reuters) - U.S. Ambassador to Panama John Feeley, a career diplomat and former Marine Corps helicopter pilot, has resigned, telling the State Department he no longer feels able to serve President Donald Trump.

“As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies. My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honor bound to resign. That time has come,” Feeley said, according to an excerpt of his resignation letter read to Reuters.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived