IGNORED

Trump 28: He's a "stable genius" with a "big & powerful button"

Destiny

He's upset and tweeting this morning.

Spoiler

"Russia & the world is laughing at the stupidity they are witnessing."

Grammar aside, I will say that he's not wrong about that...

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he sounds really upset and like he is most likely spending today ranting and raving while he throws things around. 

"possibly illegal way"??? With a house full of lawyers who can confirm if laws were broken or not I don't think he should accuse anyone of hypothetically illegal actions.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Well he sounds really upset and like he is most likely spending today ranting and raving while he throws things around. 

Yeah, he's having a super-tantrum. First of all, that joint meeting with Congress yesterday was a mess. How could Kelly let that happen? I'm starting to think there's something going on here. It is impossible at this point for anyone in Congress to believe that he comes off as sane or informed. Why put proof of that on national TV?

25th amendment would be a cake-walk at this point, just based on his public performances and his tweets. All it would take is Pence promising the cabinet that they could keep their jobs. So will Pence not promise that or are their some on the right who don't want Pence? Just can't understand their game plan.

Slightly off-topic, for anyone who read the book, what was the fight between Bannon and Hopey about?

I see Man Baby is taking to the Twitters again.  This time he's whining about Senator Feinstein;

Trump on Wednesday morning attacked Feinstein, tweeting: “The fact that Sneaky Dianne Feinstein, who has on numerous occasions stated that collusion between Trump/Russia has not been found, would release testimony in such an underhanded and possibly illegal way, totally without authorization, is a disgrace. Must have tough Primary!”

UPDATE. In a later tweet, Trump urges Republicans to “take control” of the Russia investigation: “The single greatest Witch Hunt in American history continues. There was no collusion, everybody including the Dems knows there was no collusion, & yet on and on it goes. Russia & the world is laughing at the stupidity they are witnessing. Republicans should finally take control!”

56 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I see Man Baby is taking to the Twitters again.  This time he's whining about Senator Feinstein;

Republicans should take control of what exactly? Did he forget that they control the Senate, the House, the Presidency and even SCOTUS has a conservative majority? The only thing that's left out is a part of the press. Well, that and people's minds...

54 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

My take away from this tweet is that the response around him was not good so he knows this put a bad spin on things. I doubt he could actually read the information or even understand a re-cap of it so he has to react to others' reactions and no in his office was happy. So he goes on the attack. His team isn't winning and he knows that means he could be in trouble. He's angry that Congress can't find some way to put an end to this.

The specter of having to talk to Mueller combined with the doctor's visit looming have him on edge. Look out, more twitter meltdowns ahead.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

"possibly illegal way"??? With a house full of lawyers who can confirm if laws were broken or not I don't think he should accuse anyone of hypothetically illegal actions.

He opens up the 'libel' laws and it could come back around and smack him in his filthy orange mouth. Every word out of his mouth is a lie.

Wow, this is a surprise! ....Not.

Trump Administration Waives Punishment For Convicted Banks, Including Deutsche — Which Trump Owes Millions

Spoiler

The Trump administration has waived part of the punishment for five megabanks whose affiliates were convicted and fined for manipulating global interest rates. One of the Trump administration waivers was granted to Deutsche Bank — which is owed at least $130 million by President Donald Trump and his business empire, and has also been fined for its role in a Russian money laundering scheme.

The waivers were issued in a little-noticed announcement published in the Federal Register during the Christmas holiday week. They come less than two years after then-candidate Trump promised “I'm not going to let Wall Street get away with murder.”

Under laws designed to protect retirement savings, financial firms whose affiliates have been convicted of violating securities statutes are effectively barred from the lucrative business of managing those savings. However, that punishment can be avoided if the firms manage to secure a special exemption from the U.S. Department of Labor, allowing them to keep their status as “qualified professional asset managers.”

In late 2016, the Obama administration extended temporary one-year waivers to five banks — Citigroup, JPMorgan, Barclays, UBS and Deutsche Bank. Late last month, the Trump administration issued new, longer waivers for those same banks, granting Citigroup, JPMorgan, and Barclays five-year exemptions. UBS and Deutsche Bank received three-year exemptions.

In the year leading up to the new waiver for Deustche Bank, Trump’s financial relationship with the firm has prompted allegations of a conflict of interest. The bank has not only sought the Labor Department waiver from the administration, it has also faced Justice Department scrutiny and five separate government-appointed independent monitors. Meanwhile, the New York Times recently reported that federal prosecutors subpoenaed Deutsche for “bank records about entities associated with the family company of Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser.”

All of these interactions with the Trump administration and the federal government are transpiring as Deutsche serves as a key creditor for the president’s businesses.

Trump owes the German bank at least $130 million in loans, according to the president’s most recent financial disclosure form. Sources have told the Financial Times the total amount of money Trump owes Deutsche is likely around $300 million. The president’s relationship with the bank dates back to the late 1990s, when it was the one major Wall Street bank willing to extend him credit after a series of bankruptcies. In 2016, the Wall Street Journal reported Trump and his companies have received at least $2.5 billion in loans from Deutsche Bank and co-lenders since 1998.

The relationship has had problems. After the financial crash, Trump defaulted on a $640 million loan from the bank. Deutsche brought Trump to court, and the famously litigious real estate mogul countersued for $3 billion in damages, claiming the financial crisis was a “force majeure” event that Deutsche Bank helped create. But the rift was short-lived: the parties settled, the loan was repaid, and Deutsche was soon lending to Trump again.

In December, Bloomberg and others reported the bank had turned over financial records to special prosecutor Robert Mueller after his office subpoenaed the records as part of his investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 election. Trump’s lawyers have called that reporting inaccurate.

“We have confirmed that the news reports that the Special Counsel had subpoenaed financial records relating to the President are false,” Trump attorney Jay Sekulow said in a statement. “No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources.”

Less than three weeks later, the New York Times reported federal prosecutors had subpoenaed Deutsche Bank records related to White House senior adviser and Trump son-in-law Kushner and his vast business holdings. There is no evidence those subpoenas were related to Mueller’s investigation.

The subpoenas come less than a year after Deutsche Bank was fined $425 million by New York State for laundering $10 billion out of Russia.

All five of the banks granted waivers from the Obama and Trump administration were fined for their involvement in the LIBOR  scandal that led to $9 billion worth of fines from regulators around the world. Deutsche Bank has paid $3.5 billion for its role in the scandal, more than any other bank. The scandal involved illegally manipulating the London Interbank Offered Rate or LIBOR, which is used to set the cost of borrowing for a variety of financial transactions.

In 2015, Deutsche Bank pled guilty in the U.S. to wire fraud for its role in the scandal. Less than two years later, in the final hours of the Obama administration, Deutsche Bank agreed to a $7.2 billion settlement with the Justice Department for misleading investors in mortgage-backed securities between 2006 and 2007.

Who's willing to bet that this is (at least in part) an attempt at appeasement of Deutsche Bank, the bank that has of late become part of Meuller's investigation?

2 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Slightly off-topic, for anyone who read the book, what was the fight between Bannon and Hopey about?

He was pissed at her for closeting herself away with the presidunce and others on Air Force One when they were formulating the response to the June 9 meeting with Junior and Vaselnitskaya becoming public knowledge. He went ballistic on her because it was so utterly stupid and she was now a co-conspirator.

What an example of stable geniusness...

It's on par with his 'big, big water' comment about Puerto Rico.

46 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

He was pissed at her for closeting herself away with the presidunce and others on Air Force One when they were formulating the response to the June 9 meeting with Junior and Vaselnitskaya becoming public knowledge. He went ballistic on her because it was so utterly stupid and she was now a co-conspirator.

Interesting that he would care. Was there a thing between them? I can't see Bannon giving a shit about anyone else being seen as complicit. I thought his love affair was with Dumpy.

5 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Interesting that he would care. Was there a thing between them? I can't see Bannon giving a shit about anyone else being seen as complicit. I thought his love affair was with Dumpy.

I'm speculating here (based on nothing but my own imagination), but maybe he thought  "Pants-presser" Hicks, as the primary minder of the presidunce, should have stopped them from separating themselves off from the rest on board because he knew it would not only look bad, it would be bad, and if found out, would contribute to their downfall. In other words, he thought she should have known better and put a stop to it. Or something.

27 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I'm speculating here (based on nothing but my own imagination), but maybe he thought  "Pants-presser" Hicks, as the primary minder of the presidunce, should have stopped them from separating themselves off from the rest on board because he knew it would not only look bad, it would be bad, and if found out, would contribute to their downfall. In other words, he thought she should have known better and put a stop to it. Or something.

Or maybe mad that he wasn't in the meeting. I really don't see him having a thing for her, more likely he thought she had no business being so close to Dumpy all the time. After all she really has no reason to be around and it would appear she is, for want of a better description, Dumpy's teddy bear.

Dear Ted, I am afraid that would require certain reading abilities sadly lacking in the presidunce.

He wishes we had hydro power? Does he even know what that is?  I thought he was going to end the 'war on coal', and against any other forms of renewable energy. This fuck wad is such a national embarrassment. But hey, look on the bright side (or in his case right into the eclipse), at least he is a stable genius.

It sounded like he had no idea what water was LOL. They're doing amazing things with water, water is getting recognized more and more.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-i-think-i-know-answer-to-drug-crisis-adds-us-may-not-be-ready/ar-BBIdFMm?li=BBnb7Kz

President Trump raised eyebrows Wednesday evening when he told members of Congress and health care practitioners that "I think I know the answer" to America's opioid crisis.

However, the president added that he was "not sure the country is ready for it yet." 

Trump was speaking at an Oval Office ceremony prior to signing legislation aimed at giving Customs and Border Protection agents additional tools to stop the flow of illicit drugs.

"Does anybody know what I mean?" Trump asked the group gathered around his desk. "I think so." He did not elaborate.

I'm pretty sure he couldn't elaborate if he tried. I'm also pretty sure I don't want him to. I can only imagine what sort of disjointed, fever dream he has rattling around in the open maw between his ears. He's great at exacerbating crises. Not so much solving them. Lord, he scares me.

ETA: Stopping the flow of drugs is a good thing. It's any future (non)plans he's got that are the scary ones...

I rarely wander in here except for the chance to ridicule the clown in chief. This popped up on my FB this morning. I may have peed a little. IMG_7994.JPG

Either his speechwriting staff is having a bit of fun with him, or he's just that big of an idiot. Or both. I'm going with both.

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It sounded like he had no idea what water was LOL. They're doing amazing things with water, water is getting recognized more and more.

Someone showed him a map of where Norway is, because he read that press release and asked about "Normay" and thought it was about the coast of France. He looked at the map and said "oh, they are by the water!" That's the extent of his knowledge of Norway.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived