IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Wait. I go to dinner and a movie with da hubby and I missed a jinder reveal???

Well, I think we've told you before, that you should never leave FJ. Something always happens when you're gone.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only been on FJ for a short while but is there a story behind people using the word 'jinder'?

Or is it just because of the J?

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I have only been on FJ for a short while but is there a story behind people using the word 'jinder'?

Or is it just because of the J?

It’s based on a few things.  The word gender itself is used because fundies refuse to use the correct term of sex when speaking of their fetus’, well, sex.   When Ben came on the scene, Jessa and the rest of the Duggars pronounced his name Bin, therefore we extrapolate that gender would be pronounced ginder.  One must, of course, replace the g with a j, as in Jinger.  Put that all together and you have jinder.  It’s one of my favourite things.

(If you see Binjerman in older threads, this is a reference to the officiant at their wedding repeatedly calling Ben ‘Benjerman’)

I’m not sure I explained it well but hopefully you get the idea.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:52 PM, The Wanderer said:

Joy: Boy. Daniel Austin Forsyth. March 7. 9 lbs, 3 oz.

Kendra: Girl. Kristin Renee Duggar. May 31. 6 lbs, 14 oz.

Jinger: Girl. Sophia Nicole Vuolo. August 5. 7 lbs, 10 oz.

Jessa: Girl. Elisabeth Lauren Seewald. August 29. 8 lbs, 15 oz.

In light of recent announcements, I am changing my name guess for Kendra and my birthdate guess for Jinger. All other guesses will remain the same.

Since Kendra is having a boy, my name guess is now Paul Ezra Duggar.

Since Jinger is due somewhere around July 20th or so, I don’t feel confident she could have the baby on August 5 unless she pulled a Jill (which I don’t see happening) so my new date guess is July 23.

@Fascinated thanks for the explanation! Now I also get the Bin, never noticed it on the show though. Probably I will keep on hearing it from now on ;-)

In the trailer for the next season, there's a balloon-popping event (looks like one of the lost girls pops a balloon) and it looks like "white" confetti comes out of it, but Joy and Austin are in the background. I wonder if they're going to "reveal the jinder" of their baby on the show? Assuming, of course, that the child will already be here by the time the show airs.

Now that Joseph and Kendra have announced that they are having a boy, I am going to change my name guess to Andrew Joseph. I will stick with the baby being born on June 29th

On 11/01/2018 at 11:50 AM, Kangaroo said:

Joy: Baby is born March 11th. A boy named Timothy Austen. Another big baby, 10 pounds exactly. Attempts a homebirth, but ends up having a hospital delivery (but not a c-section)

Jinger: Baby comes a little early on July 18th. 7 pounds and 6 ounces, born in hospital with no issues. A girl named Rachel Diana. I don't think they'll pick an unusual name or spelling.

Kendra: Kendra delivers late on July 26th, but has a successful homebirth with no complications. A girl named Olivia Lauren Grace. 8 pounds 2 ounces.

Jessa: Getting in on the Jessa bandwagon. She has a girl on September 5th named Elizabeth Jessa. 10 pounds 5 ounces.

I'm saying no unusual names amoung this batch, sticking to Biblical and trending first names and middle names honouring family.

I'm updating my Joy and Kendra guesses.

Joy: A girl on Feb 16 named Sarah Jill.

Kendra: June 23rd. A boy named Joesph Garrett Duggar Jr,but they call him Garrett.

I'll keep the weights and other details.

Yeah, I guess I'll change my name guess for J&K's baby from Brody Paul to Brody Joseph. Hopefully they won't call him BJ.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah, I guess I'll change my name guess for J&K's baby from Brody Paul to Brody Joseph. Hopefully they won't call him BJ.

Hopefully they will call him Bro Joe

Joy and Austin - Boy 8lbs 4oz (I can’t make myself write a larger weight. The poor girl is in for a shock) Austin junior. They’ll call him AJ. I

Kendra and Joe - 6lbs 5oz. I have a feeling she’ll go early. Possibly another Junior. Joe seems very like that. 

Jinger and Jeremy - 9lbs even. Girl. Matilda Hope. 

Joy - boy (Solomon Austin)

Kendra - boy (Ezra Joseph)

Jinger - girl (Olive Nicole)

Jessa - boy (Benjamin Stanley but will go by Stanley) 

7 hours ago, viii said:

Joy - boy (Solomon Austin)

Kendra - boy (Ezra Joseph)

Jinger - girl (Olive Nicole)

Jessa - boy (Benjamin Stanley but will go by Stanley) 

I love the name Olive! That was my great-grandfather's sister's name, she was named after their grandfather Oliver. Its such a cool name.

11 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I love the name Olive! That was my great-grandfather's sister's name, she was named after their grandfather Oliver. Its such a cool name.

I think it's so pretty. My sister had it as one of her choices for her baby, but ultimately went with a different name. Like Jinger, my sister is married to an Italian, and she looked up popular Italian baby names and chose from there, so that's why I chose Olive. I have a feeling Jeremy will want an Italian themed name. 

On 05/02/2018 at 9:41 AM, Kangaroo said:

I'm updating my Joy and Kendra guesses.

Joy: A girl on Feb 16 named Sarah Jill

I'm switching back to my original male guess of Timothy Austen. In Jessa and Ben's congratulations video for JoKen, they made it seem like everyone was convinced/wanted her to have a girl (and I'm convinced that means Joy is having yet another boy Duggar grandbaby)

On January 16, 2018 at 11:10 AM, JPickleDuggar said:

Baby Forsyth- Boy, Adam Martyn Forsyth, February 25th, 6:48am, 8lbs11oz, 20 inches

Baby JoKen- Girl, Micah Elizabeth Duggar, June 13th, 4:24pm, 7lbs15oz, 18 inches

Baby Vuolo- Boy, Aaron Joseph Vuolo, July 7th, 7:00pm, 9lbs, 22 inches

Baby Seewald3- Boy, Ryle Jacob, sometime in the Fall

Bless you @Carm_88 for putting all of this together.

Well, since we got some updates recently, I'm changing Baby JoKen and Baby Vuolo (idk what it is, but i could see Joken naming him Ishmael, I can just imagine Kendra introducing him as that, but i wont guess that)

Baby JoKen- Judah Garett, June 13th, 4:24pm, 8lbs15oz, 19 inches

Baby Vuolo- Boy, Aaron Joseph Vuolo, July 19th, 7:00pm, 9lbs, 22 inches

I'm changing my name guesses for Joy and Austin. I had not entertained the idea that they would choose an A theme for Austin because there were so many suggestions of virtue names for Joy, and city names for Austin, I just went with the obvious theme ideas. My 11th hour votes are:

Asher Martyn

Autumn Joy

I am sticking with Feb 18, 7 pounds 1 ounce, and 19" 

Final Answer 

Edit: not so final- just read a quote that Jessa's friend chose Ava Joy, so I swapped for Autumn 

@Dogalog posted this almost a year ago in the Another Duggar Courtship thread. I don't know how to get quotes to work in different threads. I dug deep to find it because it's that good. Enjoy...

---

Okay, important things first.

Baby name theme

Joe and Kendra

Lazarus

Messiah

Nebuchadnezzar

Obadiah

Twins: Pentecost and Palestina 

Quartus

Triplets: Roma, Raphael and Rachel

Samson

Theophilus

Uriah

Vaniah

West

Xaviera

Yahweh

Zebadiah

OMG. Anyone calling their son Nebuchadnezzar is evil. He will not be able to spell his name correct until high school...

On the plus-side, after learning to spell his own name correctly, all other words would seem easy in comparison!

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived