IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WoW, so many large babies predicted!  Most think that Joy will have a whopper. Let’s hope she gets the appropriate (proper) Midwifery care, and timely input from an Obstetrician if needed. It astonishes and worries me that the likes of Jill, Jana and J’chelle are ‘allowed’ to ‘help’ with homebirths. This would be illegal here in the UK, where the Midwifery profession is upheld and strictly regulated. Anyway, here are my guesses:

Joy - 2nd March. Boy 3985g.

Kendra - 27th June. Boy 3470g.

Jinger - 4th July. Girl 3275g.

Jessa - 25th August. Girl 4150g.

Names? Dunno.

Throwing baby names out for all the current (confirmed) Dug couples bc I loooove guessing baby names (even tho I'm never right & I get chest pains every time another "prop" is born into this cult).

Josh and Anna,

Boy, Miles Xavier Duggar, January 17th, 2019 (In case of girl :my_sad:, Madeline Hope Duggar) 

Jill and Derick

Boy, Nathaniel Rian Dillard, July 4th, 2019 (In case of girl, Laurel Selah Dillard)

I think the Dillards are gonna be weird and continue the -el trend. 

Jessa and Ben

Boy, Emerson Ryle Seewald, August 11th, 2018, (In case of girl, Penelope Faye Seewald)

Jinger and Jeremy

Girl, Olivia Nicole Vuolo, July 9th, 2018, (In case of boy, Marko Joseph Vuolo) 

Joy and Austin

Boy, Dallas Martyn Forsyth, February 28th, 2018, (In case of girl, Lillian Aurora Forsyth) 

For shits and giggles I want them to have a baby named Bambi.

Joe and Kendra

Girl, MaKayla Love Duggar, August 27th, 2018, (In case of boy, Jayden Courage Duggar)

I will legitimately be surprised if she does not have a virtue baby. 

There are so many great name suggestions here. Woohoo for the big bad baby name thread!

my guesses:

Joy: February 12, girl, 9lb 8oz, named Eve.

Kendra: July 7, girl, 7lb 3oz, named Ryleigh. 

Jinger: August 15, girl, 7lb 8oz, named Grace. 

Jessa: September 25, boy, named Hudson. 

Jill: December 31, boy, named Elijah.

Already given my guesses for Joy so for the rest

• Kendra: June 30, 8lbs 4oz 
    • Boy name guesses: Joseph Jr. or Rhett
    • Girl name guesses: Gracie or Kinsley
  • Jinger: August 8, 9lbs 1oz
    • Boy name guesses: Ezra or William
    • Girl name guesses: Sophia or Elena 
  • Jessa: August 26, 8lbs 9oz
    • Boy name guesses: Cornelius or Milton
    • Girl name guess: Cecelia or Lauryn 

I'm changing my Jinger baby prediction:

Jinger & Jeremy

Girl. Isabella Grace Vuolo. August 9, July 21, 2018. 7lbs 1oz.

If it's a boy: Zachary Oliver Charles Vuolo.

(Based on the fact that Jeremy's church website says the baby is due in July. As for the boy's name, I don't know - Oliver Cromwell? Jeremy seems to really like the Puritans. I'm just gonna leave those guesses unless they drop some actual hints.)

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm changing my Jinger baby prediction:

(Based on the fact that Jeremy's church website says the baby is due in July. As for the boy's name, I don't know - Oliver Cromwell? Jeremy seems to really like the Puritans. I'm just gonna leave those guesses unless they drop some actual hints.)

It also states they were married in November 2017. lol

The issue with having so many active baby threads going at once is that there are name overlaps, especially the name Isabella. I spend my time wondering if I'm losing my mind and forgot to put in that prediction or if it was a guess for another Duggar. 

36 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It also states they were married in November 2017. lol

That was their true marriage. The fundie marriage in 2016 was just for show. Their REAL 2017 wedding was of course officiated by an acolyte of Rufus.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

That was their true marriage. The fundie marriage in 2016 was just for show. Their REAL 2017 wedding was of course officiated by an acolyte of Rufus.

It also means that this is a honeymoon baby! Rufus Bless!

I think they're all going to pick names that are currently popular in the US, and I don't think any of them will use a theme, either because they don't realize that it helps their branding, or because they don't care about branding, and just want to choose names that they like, the way everyone else does. 

Joy: Feb 18, 7 pounds 1 ounce, 19"

Riley Grace or Grace Anna for a girl, Caden, Noah, Isaiah, or Elijah for a boy, MN with a 'y' in it, Martyn, Jayce, Wyatt. 

Kendra: June 5, 8 pounds even, 19.5"

FN Leah, Lydia, Leslie, or Lyndsey for a girl. Liam, Luke, or Lucas for a boy. MN Christina, Renee, Kendra, Kendall, Garrett, Paul, or Joseph.

Jinger: July 27, 7 pounds 7 1/2 ounces, 21"

FN Joanna, Sophia, Olivia, or Isabella for a girl. Alexander, Jack, Sebastian, Oliver, or Anthony for a boy. MN Nicole, Rose, Diana for a girl, Joseph or Charles for a boy.

Jessa: Oct 30, boy, 10 pounds 1 ounce, 22",  (I'm not guessing this name)

2019:

Anna August, boy

Jill October, girl 

On January 12, 2018 at 1:37 PM, aprilx said:

Joy - girl Rachel - boy Reuben (R theme after austins mum)

Kendra -girl Charity - boy Caleb (C theme after Kendra mum)

Jinger - girl Grace - boy Luke (no theme, but classic Christian New Testament names)

I like this theme idea. Using the mother-in-laws first initial. 

I hope they all use a theme. I like it best when there is a theme. I don't like it when there is no connection between names. 

It doesn't have to be a letter theme, can be anything, like having two-syllable names with  only A and O as vowels - Jacob, Oscar, Thomas, Aaron. But then again I have synesthesia, and like when names have the same colour.

There are so many great name choices here. If I were a Duggar or Duggar spouse (God forbid) I would totally read here but then I would certainly choose a name not on anyone's list. That would seriously piss me off if one of my favourite names was also a fav in the name pools. 

6 hours ago, Markie said:

There are so many great name choices here. If I were a Duggar or Duggar spouse (God forbid) I would totally read here but then I would certainly choose a name not on anyone's list. That would seriously piss me off if one of my favourite names was also a fav in the name pools. 

I feel like they do try to go against the obvious. Anna and Josh haven't used Matthew being the biggest one. I kinda thought that Spurgeon or Henry would have been Calvin but that's not the way that Jessa and Ben went. And of course, Derick and Jill didn't call Samuel, Palestine. That was a disappointment! :P 

I never get in on these threads because I don't follow closely enough to give an educated guess on DOB, and I don't know anything about baby weights etc :P But just for fun..

Joy&Austin - girl - Valerie or Samantha (trendy name)

Joe&Kendra - girl - Lacey or Kimberly (cutsey name)

Jinger& Jeremy - girl - Sarah or Emily (classic name)

Jessa & Ben - boy - something absolutely ridiculous with a common middle name, like Broadus Timothy

Jill & Derick - boy - Lionel or Daniel, or maybe Colonel (as in Sanders)

Josh&Anna - girl - Maxine, Madeline or Michelle

Josiah &Lauren - boy - Landon 

4 minutes ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

Joy&Austin - girl - Valerie or Samantha (trendy name)

Those names were trendy in the '80s, maybe. Trendy now would be something like Addison or Scarlett.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Those names were trendy in the '80s, maybe. Trendy now would be something like Addison or Scarlett.

I picked those names because my 2 friends that recently had girls used them, besides my guesses were just for fun ;)

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

A lot of "grandma and grandpa" names are popular today. Baby name trends are one of my favorite things :) 

Well, Fundies tend to be a  bit behind the trends. I'm surprised 80's trendy babies names weren't more popular with children born into that cult in the 90's.

I think somebody earlier suggested Viola Vuolo for the JinJer girl. If that happens, I hope her and Zoey Joy Bates run off together and become roomies at a liberal arts college.

10 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

A lot of "grandma and grandpa" names are popular today. Baby name trends are one of my favorite things :) 

Absolutely, but I wouldn't go so far as to call 'Samantha' a 'grandma' name just yet. :pb_lol:

I will say that I've recently seen 80's names trending again. I see lots of babies and recently there's been a Rachel. I haven't seen a baby named Rachel in the past 15 to 20 yrs.

But There are certain names most anyone can agree will never come back in style... Hortense, Mildred, Bertha, or Ebenezer,  for instance. Even the cooler than you Hipsters probably not touch those :) I would say Edith as well that may have got a boost from the Downton Abbey craze. 

I don't know. I like to think that there are places that hipsters won't go, but I've met some weird ass people. 

I wouldn't call Rachel an 80s name, though, really. It's been fairly popular for centuries. Names that seem super 80s to me would be names like Crystal, Amber, Brittany, Stacey... I'm sure there are still some babies being named Amber and Stacey, but it's definitely not a trend. I haven't seen a resurgence in people naming their kids Heather, Stephanie, Kevin or Travis, either. It's way too soon for an 80s names comeback. People born in the 80s are having kids right now. Usually it takes way longer for formerly 'dated' names to come back into fashion. They have to be seen as quaint and vintage, not as your mom or grandma's name.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived