IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2018 at 10:12 AM, singsingsing said:

Oh man... I could totally see Joe and Kendra going for a K theme. And since they'll probably have 200 kids, it should get interesting. Something tells me they wouldn't go for Katherine or Kevin...

I'm guessing... Kyla (as per @JermajestyDuggar, who incidentally has one of the best usernames on FJ), Kayleigh, Keera, Kennedi, Kandyce, Khloe (haha), Kadence, Kalla, Kinsleigh, Kayci, Kaitlynn, and Kara for girls... Kayden, Konnor, Keegan, Kaleb, Kayson, Kash, Kristian, Kolton, and Kannon for boys.

(Or they could name their kids Jacob and Emma for all I know. I really have no clue!)

These predictions have gotten dangerously close to my actual name... officially terrified of a K theme. :pb_lol:

I'm still working on my guesses, but so far these are the ones I feel most confidence in: 

• Kendra and Joe - girl - Rebecca Renee Duggar (and I'm just gonna preemptively guess their second daughter's name because my spirit guides are calling me -- it's Felicia Faith) 
  • Joy and Austin - girl - Julie Fayth Forsyth OR - boy - Richard Martyn Forsyth 
  • Jinger and Jeremy - girl - Daisy Nicole Vuolo

I'm leaning on this quiver year being a girl-heavy one because that's what nobody wants so, it's on brand with the times :banana-dance:

FAAB means Female Assigned At Birth. It pretty much means a baby who is born with genitals commonly associated with females (vagina) MAAB is the male equivalent.

After Jeremy's 'little princess' comment I am leaning toward them going for a very traditionally feminine, frilly sort of name (that sounds disparaging, and I don't mean it to - some of the names I'm going to list I think are lovely names - I just can't think of a better way to describe it) - like Isabella (my guess), Sophia, Julietta, Arabella or Emiliana. Or maybe Charlotte (a literal 'princess' name - or if the Duchess of Cambridge has a girl, whatever they name her, if they want to be really on trend). 

As for Ben and Jessa, if they have a girl... I also don't see how they can really keep going with their theme. How many female conservative Calvinist Christian heroines of the faith are there? There are plenty of heroines in the Bible, but they have names like Sarah, Abigail, Hannah, Elizabeth, , Esther, Mary, Martha, Tabitha and Priscilla, and Jessa and Ben most likely have multiple family members and friends with those names already. I think Jael is a bit too badass for them, and Deborah is too contrary to their patriarchal sensibilities, and probably a bit too dated (though I think Deb and Debbie are adorable nicknames and it might make a comeback in a few years).

I could also see them doing Kelly Bates's thing where she sort of tortuously extracts some kind of Biblical meaning from her kid's seemingly unrelated name. So like, "This is our daughter, Annabelle Pearl. Anna means 'grace of God', Belle means 'beautiful' so her name means 'the beautiful grace of God', and Pearl is in reference to Jesus's parable of the pearl of great price,"

14 hours ago, yeahtotally said:

**snip**

Joe and Kendra

Girl- Clara Joy Duggar.

Born June 26, 2018.

**snip**

Oh goodness, I hope you're wrong, only because Clara Joy has been my favorite girl's name for years. Though, I can say I do think it's beautiful!

If and when Jessa and Ben have a girl or girls,I see either,a biblical girl name theme,or an attribute theme,like Hope,Faith, etc,but you are right,there is a strong possibly since they already have Joy,that her name could be used again.Or maybe Geneva where Calvinism began?I don't care much for John Shrader,but I like the theme of the names they chose for their daughters.Aleathia -truth,Agape- love- Sophia-wisdom...not sure about Charis..have to look it up.

Charis- means "grace".

Girls names:

Jinger and Jeremy-Girl Ameilia Gray

Joseph and Kendra-Kynlee Faith

Joy and Austin- Harper Michelle

Boys names:

Jinger and Jeremy: Lucas Anthony

Joseph and Kendra: Jakob Lee

Joy and Austin: Jonah Robert

Idelette Stordeur de Bure Calvin was the wife of John Calvin FWIW :)

According to Calvin’s letters she was the perfect Christian wife and mother. If they could do a Spurgeon they might very well have an Idelette and Call her Letty.

1 hour ago, KeepingChrysanthemum said:

Oh goodness, I hope you're wrong, only because Clara Joy has been my favorite girl's name for years. Though, I can say I do think it's beautiful!

*high five*

48 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Idelette Stordeur de Bure Calvin was the wife of John Calvin FWIW :)

According to Calvin’s letters she was the perfect Christian wife and mother. If they could do a Spurgeon they might very well have an Idelette and Call her Letty.

They’d go with Stordeur, I guarantee. 

Joy:   Tabith Michelle or  James Austen (Jamie) 

Jinger:  Eden Nevaeh or Nazareth Duggar Vuolo

Kendra:   Paul James or Michelle Christine

Cheesy as it is, I hope one of these couples will also pick a letter or go A to Z!

14 hours ago, nomoxian said:

For Jinger, I think it could go two ways. Either she gives the baby a really normal name, since hers is more 'unique', or she might be creative with names.

She likes NYC so maybe Manhattan as a middle name for a FAAB child, and Hudson for a boy.

My niece has a very unusual name with an unusual spelling. She gave her boys very masculine, classic names with traditional spellings. Her sisters both have traditional names, with the usual spellings. She is the oldest- I guess her parents' tastes refined as they aged.

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think Jael is a bit too badass for them...

I know a conservative Christian couple who named their daughter the same first name as my daughter, but with Jael for her middle name. Their conservative beliefs don't seem to include ignoring the stories of strong women in the Bible. :my_biggrin:

36 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I know a conservative Christian couple who named their daughter the same first name as my daughter, but with Jael for her middle name. Their conservative beliefs don't seem to include ignoring the stories of strong women in the Bible. :my_biggrin:

Yeah, I don't think it's that conservatives in general would find the name unacceptable, I'm thinking more along the lines that it wouldn't be quite 'meek' and 'sweet' enough for the Duggars. 

But something tells me Jessa isn't going to go the Biblical names route for her daughters. Seems too... predictable? Mainstream fundie? for her. She's more like a fundie hipster. You know, not one of those regular boring fundies, a COOL fundie. I can't really see Spurgeon Elliot and Henry Wilberforce being joined by Abigail Faith, you know? I'd guess more along the lines of Verity Piper, or Renata Liberty, or something.

Now watch her name her daughter something like Hannah or Addysyn. The truth is, I really have no idea. :pb_lol:

Alright, I'm gonna throw my two cents in here:

Joy and Austin: I feel like they're probably having a boy. I'm calling Connor Austin or Sawyer Austin! If they contradict me and start with a girl, the vote goes to Emma Faith.

Joe and Kendra: Calling girl because I can't see Kendra with a son yet! Chloe Grace for a girl, and Jacob Garrett for a boy! 

Jinger and Jeremy: Also calling girl. Liliana Nicole or Aria Nicole. Oliver Charles if the add another boy to the cousin crew. Ollie and Spurgy sounds too relatively cute for my liking. 

Jessa and Ben: Lauren Michelle or Piper Michelle if they finally get that girl that we know Jessa wants. I feel like they could end up with a Charles or Lewis if they keep having boys!! 

Joy's baby March 6   Sarah Anna or Adam Austen 

Jinger's baby July 26 Bianca Nicole or Leo Jeremy 

Jessa's baby Piper Grace or Robert Tozer  

My name has been suggested far too often by far too many people here. They already have my boyfriend’s name, don’t take mine as well! :my_cry:

16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I could also see them doing Kelly Bates's thing where she sort of tortuously extracts some kind of Biblical meaning from her kid's seemingly unrelated name. So like, "This is our daughter, Annabelle Pearl. Anna means 'grace of God', Belle means 'beautiful' so her name means 'the beautiful grace of God', and Pearl is in reference to Jesus's parable of the pearl of great price,"

I'd love to see Kelly do that with Erin's name. 

For that matter, how does Carlin Brianne relate to the Bible? (Also, confession time: I really like some of the names Kelly has chosen; Carlin, Elise, Wyatt, Kenneth, Joy, and Rose are all on my list)

9 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Joy's baby March 6   Sarah Anna or Adam Austen 

Jinger's baby July 26 Bianca Nicole or Leo Jeremy 

Jessa's baby Piper Grace or Robert Tozer  

Maybe Joy will go on March 3 so baby can share a birthday with me--and with icky Uncle Joshy

Joy - girl Rachel - boy Reuben (R theme after austins mum)

Kendra -girl Charity - boy Caleb (C theme after Kendra mum)

Jinger - girl Grace - boy Luke (no theme, but classic Christian New Testament names)

12 hours ago, viii said:

I figure one of them will go with Solomon; it seems to be the latest trendy biblical name (at least in my area)

In my area it's Ezra and Silas. (Not just for fundies, they've become common!)

Ezra was the 4th most given name for boys in 2017, and Silas was 9th.

I never met anyone with those names, then I met 3 toddlers in the space of a week all called Ezra!

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

I never met anyone with those names, then I met 3 toddlers in the space of a week all called Ezra!

I used to work at a daycare and one of the boys there was named Silas. His parents were definitely not fundie, but they seem to have been ahead of the trend as he’s probably about 8 now.

2 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

You just reminded me of Ezra Fitz, a character on Pretty Little Liars :D

My guesses:

Joy and Austin: March 7

Joe and Kendra: June 27

Jinger and Jeremy: July 24

I'm not guessing names or anything else because I'll keep changing my answers LOL. I think they'll all end up being girls though.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived