IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

Dear lord almighty! That's what I get for going to bed! :) I'm enjoying this. Can I just add that I think that Calvin will be for Jessa and Ben what Julie was for Jim Bob and Michelle. Someone likes it but it's not going to happen. Anyway, seeing we have it 2018 I'll start with the Joy and Austin guess list! Still under spoilers because it's already four pages long! 

Disclaimer: Some of this has been guessed since early September, if you don't remember/want to change/etc...just put it here and I will check and fix. 

Spoiler

Eating For Two! Joy and Austin's First! 

Names:

Girl

Abigail- Gillyweed

Ava Joy- Jatalie1996

Bryndle- Yaoichan12

Charlotte Rose- JoyJoy

Cheyenne- Yaoichan12

Daisey- Yaoichan

Elizabeth- KelseyAnn

Emily Anne- BlondeIdol

Eve- adidas

Grace Faith- Marly

Hannah Grace- AtlanticTug

Isabella- Nefernandes15

Isabella Joy- VBOY9977

Jackson Yuanita- nst

Lily Anna- singsingsing

Mariah Michelle- bananabread

Naomi- adidas

Olivia- Gillyweed

Ruth- adidas

Sage Anne- Chewing Gum

Savannah Michelle- VBOY9977

Swoosie Faith- nst

Willow Anne- Chewing Gum

Winter Taylor- Nice Pair

Boy

Adam- eveandadam

Adam Valentino- Markie

Aiden Joseph- TheMustardCardigan

Andrew- brogue

Austin James “AJ”- ophelia

Austin Jr- Satan’sFortress

Austin Luke- victoriasponge

Austin Patrick- tabitha2

Beau Harrison- Yaoichan12

Charles- Nefernandes15

Clay Robert- Still have a free arm

Colton or River- SportsgalAnnie

Colton Avery- VeryNikeSeamstress

Colton Elijah-AtlanticTug

Daniel Austin- The Wanderer

Denver- Kelsey

Elijah- GuineaPigCourtship

Elijah Robert- HRM1216

Forrest Harrison- Yaoichan12

Fred- Jinder Roles

Gabriel Christian- Albireo

Gage Harrison- Yaoichan12

Grayson- HermioneSparrow

Gunner/Hunter/River Robert- Chewing Gum (Those are all dog names in my family)

John Blake Carrington- Markie

Kevin Matthew- nst

Lucas Martyn- HRM1216

Matthew- Sky with diamonds

Pike Switzerland Galilee- SapphireSlytherin

Remington James- GreatScott

River (Or some other outdoorsy name)- CoveredInBees

Rhett- Gillyweed

Wesley Austin- Greendoor

William- Gillyweed

William Austin- Caskett4ever

Woody or Wayne- SportsgalAnnie

Wyatt Austin- singsingsing

Wyatt James- SorenaJ

Some Boring Name- AlternativeVoice

Date:

February 1st- CoveredInBees

February 14th- Markie

February 18th- Million Children For Jesus

February 22nd- AtlanticTug

February 25th- AlternativeVoice

February 27th- Gillyweed

February 28th- Nice Pair, bananabread, Nefernandes15, Kelsey, TheMustardCardigan, SapphireSlytherin, Albireo, victoriasponge

March 1st- VBOY9977, GuineaPigCourtship, Markie, eveandadam, Yaoichan1, VBOY9977

March 2nd- AtlanticTug, Jatalie1996

March 3rd- Gillyweed, adidas, Still have a free arm, Satan’sFortress, ophelia

March 4th- Marly, singsingsing

March 5th- VeryNikeSeamstress, HRM1216, Caskett4ever

March 6th- Chewing Gum

March 7th- neurogirl, GreatScott, JoyJoy, Jinder Roles, The Wanderer

March 8th- HermioneSparrow, brogue

March 9th- Greendoor, BlondeIdol

March 10th- nst

March 12th- SorenaJ

March 15th- tabitha2

March 31st- Markie

February- nst

Mid to late January- Sky with diamonds

March- Sportsgal Annie

Weight:

7lbs 11oz- Still have a free arm

7lb 15 oz- Greendoor

8lbs 4oz- Jatalie1996, ophelia

8lbs 5oz- GreatScott

8lbs 10oz- Yaoichan12

8lbs 14oz- Satan’sFortress

9lbs- GuineaPigCourtship

9lbs 1oz- SorenaJ, tabitha2

9lbs 3oz- The Wanderer

9lbs 4oz- Atlantic Tug, VBOY9977

9lbs 5oz- Markie, brogue

9lbs 6oz- Albireo

9lbs 7oz- Caskett4ever

9lbs 9oz- HRM1216

9llbs 10oz- Markie

9lbs 11oz- singsingsing, nst

10lbs 1oz- VeryNikeSeamstress

11lbs 11oz- SapphireSlytherin

Length:

19 inches- Still have a free arm, VeryNikeSeamstress

20 inches- singsingsing, VBOY9977

21 inches- nst

21.5 inches- AtlanticTug, HRM1216

Where

Home Birth with Jill, Jana, and Michelle- Markie

At Home- HRM1216, Albireo

Hospital because she pulled a “Jill”- ophelia

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it's a boy for Joy

Name: Dallas 

Weight 9.2 & 20.5 inches

DoB. February 17th

Jinger: Victoria Grace

August 9th. 19 inches & 8pounds 3oz

Kendra: Isabella Marie

July 26th. 19.5 inches 7 pounds 12 oz

& jessa just for the sake of it.

August 27th. 20 inches 8 pounds 13

Nicole  Keddie Seewald 

I already did Joy but here we go:

Jinger: girl, Nicole Diana Vuolo, August 4th 8 pounds 2 oz, in a hospital. 

Kendra: girl, Kaylee Marie Duggar, July 15th 7 pounds 3 oz, with Kendra's Mom, Kendra's sister Lauren, Joy, maybe Michelle and Jana present. At home or at a birthing center.

Joy=boy, 9lbs 9oz, Jameson Austin

Kendra=girl, 8lbs, Kyla Jo

Jinger=girl 7lbs, 11oz, Evangeline Michelle

Jessa=boy, 9lbs 7oz, Theodore Tozer

Oh man... I could totally see Joe and Kendra going for a K theme. And since they'll probably have 200 kids, it should get interesting. Something tells me they wouldn't go for Katherine or Kevin...

I'm guessing... Kyla (as per @JermajestyDuggar, who incidentally has one of the best usernames on FJ), Kayleigh, Keera, Kennedi, Kandyce, Khloe (haha), Kadence, Kalla, Kinsleigh, Kayci, Kaitlynn, and Kara for girls... Kayden, Konnor, Keegan, Kaleb, Kayson, Kash, Kristian, Kolton, and Kannon for boys.

(Or they could name their kids Jacob and Emma for all I know. I really have no clue!)

I have some name suggestions for Jessa & Ben's third son: Calvin Hobbes, Hobbes Calvin, Calvin Knox Hobbes, Hobbes Knox Calvin.

I think if Jessa and Ben ever have a girl her first name will be Lauren. Ben seemed to be fond of calling (and sending beautiful majestic pearls addressed to) Jessa by her full name, Jessa Lauren,  when they were courting. They'll use the "theme" name for her middle name.

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Joe & Kendra

Girl. Faith Christina Duggar. August 11, 2018. 8lbs 5oz.

If it's a boy: Asher James Duggar.

I'm kind of thinking she's due more mid July now, actually. I think I'll push my prediction up to July 20th.

Jessa and Ben: Charles Breckinridge (boy) or Elizabeth Horizon (girl) due date July 27th

Joy and Austin:  Aaron Elijah (boy) and Ruth Carolina (girl) due date March 1st

Jinger and Jeremy: Honor name-of-jeremy's-grandmother-who-gave-jinger-the-meatball-recipe (girl), I was not able to find her name,  Lucas Charles (boy) due date June 19th

Kendra and Joseph: Rose Christina (girl) or Adam Paul (boy) due date July 1st

Edit: That was pretty funny. It could be that Mr. Scrabblemaster might think that I have lost my mind. 

I'm just saying for those guessing that Kendra will be due toward the end of June. I'm going to be wedding bound from around 23 of June to the 2nd of July. I'm always doing something else when a Duggar delivers! :P 

Hmm okay, I'll add alternative names for if I get the sexes wrong.

Joy: Gabrielle Christian (I dreamed this name, dammit, and I'm sticking to it)

Kendra: Aiden James

Jinger: Nicholas Joseph 

Concerning Jeremy And Jinger  I found this. 

FAVORITE AUTHOR: 
D. MARTYN LLOYD-JONES

FAVORITE QUOTE: 
SAMUEL RUTHERFORD "MY LORD AND MASTER IS THE CHIEF OF TEN THOUSAND, NONE IS COMPARABLE TO HIM IN HEAVEN OR EARTH. DEAR BRETHREN, DO ALL FOR HIM; PRAY FOR CHRIST, PREACH FOR CHRIST, FEED THE FLOCK COMMITTED TO YOUR CHARGE FOR CHRIST, DO ALL FOR CHRIST; BEWARE OF MEN-PLEASING—THERE IS TOO MUCH OF IT AMONGST US.

I vote For a Vuolo boy having at least one of those names though Not Samuel obviously. 

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Concerning Jeremy And Jinger  I found this. 

FAVORITE AUTHOR: 
D. MARTYN LLOYD-JONES

FAVORITE QUOTE: 
SAMUEL RUTHERFORD "MY LORD AND MASTER IS THE CHIEF OF TEN THOUSAND, NONE IS COMPARABLE TO HIM IN HEAVEN OR EARTH. DEAR BRETHREN, DO ALL FOR HIM; PRAY FOR CHRIST, PREACH FOR CHRIST, FEED THE FLOCK COMMITTED TO YOUR CHARGE FOR CHRIST, DO ALL FOR CHRIST; BEWARE OF MEN-PLEASING—THERE IS TOO MUCH OF IT AMONGST US.

I vote For a Vuolo boy having at least one of those names though Not Samuel obviously. 

Probably not Martyn either. That's Austin's middle name. I mean they could...but it just seems unlikely. 

JinJer

Boy: Theodore Charles Vuolo

Girl: Evelyn "Evie" Diana Vuolo

Classic, slightly pretentious names that honor his parents. 

Joystin

Boy: Isaac Daniel Forsyth

Girl: Abigail Faith Forsyth

Kinda basic, but squarely fundie names. I think it would be nice if Joy kept up attributes as a theme.

Benessa

Boy: Martin Tozer Seewald

Girl: Elizabeth Corrie Seewald

If you're going with Christian heroes, Martin Luther (King) is a pretty solid choice for a boy, and I think incorporating Corrie Ten Boom would be pretty cool for a girl's name, since she was a badass. Maybe a little too badass for fundies, but a girl can dream. 

JoKen

Boy: Emmett Lee Duggar

Girl: Gracelynn-Hope Michelle Duggar

Kendra seems like exactly the sort of person to add "lynn"/gratuitous ys/hyphenations to names. And I just kinda like the name Emmett and think Lee would be a nice way to honor JB's dad. 

DerJill

Boy: Nathaniel James Dillard

Girl: Catherine Selah Dillard

I'm going to bet that they've yoked themselves to the "el" theme because Derick likes putting "God" into boys' names (but I do really like the name Nathaniel), and given how much they gush over Cathy, I could totally see them straight-up naming the first granddaughter for her. Let's hope that keeps Cathy from beating the shit out of the kid for a couple of years. 

I haven't made predictions yet, so here I go.

Joy and Austin-boy, Canaan Zurich Forsyth (10 lbs 5 oz, 23 inches long, March 5th)

Kendra and Joe-girl Keziah Faith Duggar (7lbs 5 oz, 19 inches long, July 4th).

JinJer- girl,  Nicole Ilaria (Italian version of Hilary!)  Vuolo (7lbs 10 oz, 21 inches, August 2nd. I hope Nicole gets it, I really like the first name. 

Benessa-girl, Lauren Grace (October 6th,9 lbs, 21 inches). I don't think they will have the same theme for girls as boys. Because you know men can only be part of the priesthood. 

Edit: Forgot to add a birth date for Benessa. 

Joy and Austin: I predict a boy with an outdoorsy name, middle name with honor Austin somehow. River Austin or River Martyn (side note: does it bother anyone else that Austin's name is spelled Austin Martyn? The creative spelling 'Y' just does not fit when his first name has the same sound, spelled traditionally).

Joe and Kendra: Another boy for the Duggar clan. I think they go trendy with popular names and sprinkle in some trendy spellings with some, but not all, of the kids. Elijah Robert. I see future names being things like Aiden, Liam, Olivia, etc. 

Jinger and Jeremy: I have a feeling it'll be the first girl born to a Duggar daughter. As a general theme, I think some Italian influence will be present in a lot of their names and I also predict some names honoring his side of the family in the future. First name will be Giovanna Rose.

Jessa and Ben: I'm firmly on team "Jessa is Already Pregnant" so why not mention them.  We already know they want to go with a 'Heroes of the Faith' theme but I guess we don't know if it would apply to a girl. I'll say Jessa finally has a girl and she and Jinger get to have their first daughters be basically the same age. I don't know anything about theologians that fundies like BUT, since I am sure the list of women is a lot shorter for them than men... Do you guys think they would name a girl after a male? I would imagine the last names of some of these guys might be gender neutral enough to end up as a girl's name.

1 hour ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

(side note: does it bother anyone else that Austin's name is spelled Austin Martyn? T

Every time I see his name I just think Aston Martin.  Vrooom! 

@TheMustardCardigan I think they may but the interpretation may change. Maybe they will go toward biblical characters that they see as defenders of the faith? I'm not so certain. 

Joy- Austin or something trendy for a girl- I'm thinking a boy

Kendra- Trendy and Trendy. I think "Jo" for a middle name if it's a girl or boy. My middle name is Jo- Thinking girl

Jinger- Classic and classic (Juliette, Grace or Genevieve and Charles or Robert.- thinking girl

16 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

(side note: does it bother anyone else that Austin's name is spelled Austin Martyn? The creative spelling 'Y' just does not fit when his first name has the same sound, spelled traditionally).

It's not a kreeAtyv spelling like you think though, Martyn is an acceptable variant at least here in the UK (it's my great uncle's name in fact). It's like Robin/Robyn - just a throwback to pre-standardised spelling. Perhaps we are simply returning to those times...

I bet JinJer will give a daughter a classy Italian-suggestive name. I like Giovanna a lot but agree with others that they'll probably opt for Sophia, Isabella etc. Maybe Gemma? 

They might do the same with a boy (Luca, Leo, Dante, Gabriele?), but I think they'll go 'vintage' - Theodore or Gilbert or something.

Totally think Joystin will go outdoorsy - River, Hunter, Forrest, Hudson for boys; Willow, Summer, Brook for girls. That or really pious oldschool names like Ruth, Leah, Abigail, Ezekiel, etc. 

I'm not yet ready to accept that Benessa are pregnant, but my silly guess is Piper Nightingale for a girl (after Florence, girls can be adventurous if they are nursing soldiers. I'd suggest Seacole for a middle name after Mary, since Ben is so woke, but it's too similar to their surname)

For a boy, something like Calvin is adorable, but i reckon from now on they'll keep the overt references to important religious figures to the middle name. Spurgeon was a wildcard, and Jessa won't let that happen again. They'll have more Henry-types: nice, upstanding, traditional-but-current names for little boys who wear braces and bow ties. William, Arthur, Eddie etc. Maybe a Jack.

Ok so i'm not really good in guessing names bit i will try:

Joy- boy born late february like 23/24 Jill as midwife, Michelle and Jana ad supporto team, maybe also Austin mom. Name something really joung and with creative spelling.

Kendra- girl born mid juy, the 14. Can't decide if she will go for a homebirth, hope for a real midwife with her mom, her sister Lauren, Michelle, and Joy or jessa as comfort team. Name something really girlish like Pink or Trilly, maybe Sarah or Marie 

Jinger-girl born late july or early August like 28 july or 4 August, hospital birth with Jeremy, Jessa if she not too near her due date, jeremy's mom will be there too.  Name something classica and italian like Beatrice  

Joy: Baby is born March 11th. A boy named Timothy Austen. Another big baby, 10 pounds exactly. Attempts a homebirth, but ends up having a hospital delivery (but not a c-section)

Jinger: Baby comes a little early on July 18th. 7 pounds and 6 ounces, born in hospital with no issues. A girl named Rachel Diana. I don't think they'll pick an unusual name or spelling.

Kendra: Kendra delivers late on July 26th, but has a successful homebirth with no complications. A girl named Olivia Lauren Grace. 8 pounds 2 ounces.

Jessa: Getting in on the Jessa bandwagon. She has a girl on September 5th named Elizabeth Jessa. 10 pounds 5 ounces.

I'm saying no unusual names amoung this batch, sticking to Biblical and trending first names and middle names honouring family.

Joy and Austin

Boy- Cole Austin Forsyth. 

Born  March 3, 2018.

Joe and Kendra

Girl- Clara Joy Duggar.

Born June 26, 2018.

Jinger and Jeremy

Girl- Charlotte Nicole Vuolo.

Born August 7, 2018.

For some reason I picked all C names... Will update when Jessa inevitably announces she is pregnant. 

5 hours ago, yeahtotally said:

Joe and Kendra

Girl- Clara Joy Duggar.

Born June 26, 2018.

noooooooo, I always wanted to name a daughter Clara Joy.

I probably won't, as my partner's longterm ex (and our friend) already used Joy as a middle name for her baby girl who has a two-syllable first name ending in -a and it would be a bit weird to follow suit. But I don't like the idea of a Duggar getting this name AT ALL.

For Jinger, I think it could go two ways. Either she gives the baby a really normal name, since hers is more 'unique', or she might be creative with names.

She likes NYC so maybe Manhattan as a middle name for a FAAB child, and Hudson for a boy.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived