IGNORED

The baby name thread!

Palimpsest

Can we start guessing for Josiah and Lauren? 

I know there's no announcement (yet) but I have ideas I'm itching to share ☺️

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d like to see one of the Duggar kids name their baby to honour their Grandma Mary. Perhaps Josiah and Lauren will do so. Maybe They could also honour Lauren’s grandmother, too. No idea what her name is.

Or they could call a daughter Georgia.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, PuttingTheFunInFundies said:

John: Boy, John Burnett, Oct 2019

OOOH That would be a beautiful name! I so hope they use Burnett as a middle name - very my style, and a wonderful tribute to her family.

I also like names that are unique and/or vintage. My name was close-to, but out of the top 100 names in my birth year and so I love names that are also far down the list)

My rankings of the grandDuggar names: 

1. Felicity (already on my "like" list actually, and yes I had the doll)

2. Meredith (though Grace is too common of a middle name, it is lovely and fitting for a fundie)

3. Garrett (didn't really like this name until J&K and now I really do)

4. Samuel (I could name Jill's kids - i love boys names with -el, common though.)

5. Henry (cute and not tooooo common)

6. Gideon (I don't love the sound but I really like it's unique-ness and how its Biblical "done right"

7. Israel (would really like this name if it weren't so political)

8. Mackynzie (too common, the spelling)

9. Michael (just too common)

10. Mason (just too common)

11. Marcus (just too common)

12. ...Spurgeon (too UNcommon haha)

To give you a taste of my taste, my favorite names for girls right now are Anna, Catherine, Cecelia, Clara, Lara, Kiera, Caroline, Molly.

And for boys Robin, Theo(dore), Gabriel, Daniel, Ellis(Eli), though I find boy names much more boring. Unless they are soft sounding.

Basically I love Braggy Abbie's kids' names (hides in shame)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 10:30 PM, neurogirl said:

My name was close-to, but out of the top 100 names in my birth year and so I love names that are also far down the list)

My name had been number one in the UK for a decade when I was born. Thanks mum. So as a general rule I’m inclined to agree with you about less common names. However, seeing what the less common Duggar names have been (Spurgeon, Israel...) I think I might beg that they stay boring, if only for the kids’ sake. 

Also, in the year group I teach in there’s a max of two kids with the same name so it’s not too bad, even with the more common names. I feel like the most common names of today are being given to fewer children than the most common names of the 90s or 80s.

I like most of the names you put though. My mum has already begged mrsponge and I not to name kids, our top names are Frances and Douglas. Whoops. 

• 2 weeks later...

For girl grand babies, it goes:

1. Meredith

2. Felicity

3. Mackynzie

For boy grand babies, it goes:

1. Gideon

2. Henry

3. Garrett

4. Marcus

5. Michael

6. Mason

6. Israel

7. Spurgeon

8. Samuel

I might be the only one who doesn’t have Spurgeon last. Tbh, (and I think this is true for most names) the more you “know” a person with the name, the more it sounds real. I thought it was hilarious when they announced it. But now it’s like....well, that’s Spurgie’s name. He’s a cute kid, it’s suiting him. Eh, how different is it from some other names? Maybe not so bad. Samuel though, ugh. When I was in grade school, Sam and Alex were like THE most popular names. I think a quarter of the boys in my class we’re Sam. It’s like naming a boy Boy in my head now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived