IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

51 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I didn’t really want to attend Miniway’s birth either (I might even have said I wanted to go home during it) but I still think I’m a fairly decent mum. :)

I actually told the nurse (while I was pushing) that "I don't want to do this anymore." She told me I couldn't quit. I was so.pissed.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derick's need and wants might be interfering with Jill's ability to parent to her liking. 

I've been busy for a few days and away from FJ. I had to grocery shopping tonight. Of course the lines were ridiculously long so I grabbed a magazine to read and as soon as I flipped it open it was on the Vuolo announcement page! That'll teach me not to check in!

I'm glad they had some time to get to know each other first. A nice change in that family. I hope they have a healthy, uneventful time of it. Gut feeling...girl. 

10 hours ago, Kaylo said:

Everything is about Jessa.

I have always thought that.  I could go on about it's all about  Jessa for hours

so apparently jeremy says he wants all girls and he wants them to be just like Jinger 

drop the mic 

Putting my guess in now. 

Baby girl, named Grace. I’ll wait to see whether they give some info about when she is due before guessing a date, but for now I’m saying mid August.

My guess is July 27th for Jinger, February 18th for Joy, and June 5th for Kendra.

Did any of them announce a due date? Am I way off here?

I thought this thread title was "Jinjer:  The Baby Can Wait."

I am a moron or I would update my status to...  "Planned Parenthood:  Putting the "Can" in The Baby Wait. "

PS  Post 75!!! AYTFJ here I come.....finally!!!

24 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Did any of them announce a due date? Am I way off here?

In the Duggar congratulations video, they said Jinger was due about 6 months after Joy.

36 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

In the Duggar congratulations video, they said Jinger was due about 6 months after Joy.

My guess is Joy is due ~ the last week of Feb and Jinger is due ~ first week of Aug. That would sort of justify the comment from the congrats video about 6 months between the cousins (2nd month of the year to 8th month of the year....even though in reality it'd be more like 5 months). Kendra we have no idea about, but my guess would be she's due sometime in early July.

My spidey senses tell me that Joy will home-birth attended by the Jill/Jana/Michelle/etc crew.....so hopefully she has an easier first labor than her sisters :my_cry:. Jinger seems like she'd rather be in a hospital with an epidural and other meds on hand. I could see the Benessa crew visiting Laredo and staying with them in the weeks leading up to Jinger's due date so that experienced-mom Jessa could be there for moral support. Or possibly Michelle doing the same. Kendra, once again, we have no idea on.

I'll also be one to add that two of my buddies, who would have probably been voted "least likely to have a fatherly clue one day" and always avoided other people's kids like the pest, have now turned out to be awesome dads. I'd guess it's very different when it's your own kids. 

7 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

As for being one of the "motherly" girls / desiring a baby young equating to good parenting, I will say I don't think there is much correlation. If you don't want kids that is one thing, but if you like kids but people don't see you as "maternal" that is another one entirely. 

I always had the opposite issue, I'm fairly maternal get along with children and try to go out of my way to make them feel welcomed and included when they are around. 

But I don't want kids and don't think I would be a great parent. I've had way too many people say "oh but you would make such a good mom!" "Oh but you're so good with kids!" and to be honest it's annoying as all get out. I think that's why I feel for people who have the opposite issue with people thinking they aren't maternal, it must suck to want kids and know you want kids but have to listen to people question your ability to be a loving caring parent. 

4 hours ago, Otto Titsling said:

as soon as I flipped it open it was on the Vuolo announcement page!

I was in one of the other pages - Dillards maybe? - and found out by reading a tweet Derick had posted about the news.  My first thought was "oh no, spoilers!" but then I remembered this is real life and there's no such thing, haha.

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

My spidey senses tell me that Joy will home-birth attended by the Jill/Jana/Michelle/etc crew.....so hopefully she has an easier first labor than her sisters :my_cry:.

I agree with you. 

Would it be that the younger couples don't have health cover so that's why they choose home birth? I doubt it is, but it could be a factor?

I apologise in advance as I don't know anything about American Health Care. 

@LacyMay I've had a couple friends over the years say something about feeling sorry for people who don't have kids. If they wanted kids and for whatever couldn't have them, then yes I do feel sorry for them. But I do know several people who are childless by choice. And no, I don't feel bad for them, I know they aren't missing out on anything, because they didn't want to have kids. I'm perfectly ok not pestering people who don't want kids about why they don't have kids.  Seeing how some people who supposedly WANTED kids, treat those kids, imagine someone who never wanted one being made to have one. 

I also wanted to add to funny stories about Dads.

My sister was born without a uterus, so she knew adoption was her process. Hubby was her high school sweetheart and said it never mattered a bit. 

When her and hubby were going through the adoption process, he was completely aloof. He was bored throughout the entire process. But let’s face it, it’s paperwork. For him, it was not tangible. He participated, but that was it. 

Fast forward to that baby boy arriving at JFK. The minute that nun layed that boy in his arms, a better father couldn’t be found. He treasured that child. And in spite of a later divorce, he has always been a great dad. Even my sister, who later referred to him as “that rotten prick”, says that he has always been a great dad. My point being, that while everyone may not be a “born parenting type”, many turn out fabulous. 

16 hours ago, GreatScott said:

I don’t understand where people are getting the idea that Jinger and Jeremy will be great parents. They haven’t shown anything different than her siblings, Jeremy is just as focused on no gay, no sin, no fun, and a year of no kids doesn’t mean They’ve changed their ways and this kid won’t be expected to fit in rigid gender roles, be guilted into ‘loving god’ and fed the same bullshit the rest of her family does. 

Theyre just better at presenting the horrible ideals. A pretty wrapping job doesn’t hide the flaming dog shit. 

But but but... Jinger is wearing pants! Jeremy is hot and was a pro-athlete! They waited for a whole year to conceive! Surely this is enough proof that they are different from the rest of the family! Go rebels!

Sarcasm aside, I cannot believe there are pages and pages of cutesy baby name picking - if you want to do something for Jinger, Jeremy and their baby, confront them on social media and challenge them about their beliefs. THAT will perhaps make them want to educate themselves. Doing their baby name picking for them? What a productive way of 'snarking' on Duggars. I swear sometimes this board does sound like a Duggar fan site, regardless of what the forum disclaimer says.

Yes, bring on the 'if you don't like it, read other forums' comments. That is the go-to response of Duggar leghumpers, 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything', 'if you don't like them, why are you even on their page, commenting?'. This is another pet peeve of mine.

Why? Because they are doing damage to the world I myself live in. Because they are using the media to influence people that are beyond their immediate reach and they are seen by many as positive influence to spawn as many biological kids as you want in an already overpopulated world (which they have ZERO environmental concerns for). Because they are given a platform and any positive and even neutral response to what they are doing will make that platform stronger. Bigotry and hatred is a collective mental disease that needs to be challenged.

@Edhelfin, applause, applause, applause. I couldn't agree with you more. Brave of you to honestly speak your mind on a Duggar thread.

I too could not believe that before the ink was even dry on J&J's announcement, the name and birthdate speculation began. That stuff never appealed to me so I skip over it. Months and months of this? Nah.

Thanks again for saying what many of us think but are just tired of repeating.

I have always thought that.  I could go on about it's all about  Jessa for hours
so apparently jeremy says he wants all girls and he wants them to be just like Jinger 
drop the mic 

One possibly interesting thing about that is that if Jeremy has all girls, maybe they will get to play sports!

41 minutes ago, kacarlton said:

One possibly interesting thing about that is that if Jeremy has all girls, maybe they will get to play sports!

I'm curious about the sports thing. Was it Bill Gothard that said children shouldn't participate in extracurricular activities because it divides the family and takes the focus off God?

It was previously discussed here that the Duggars were allowed to play broom ball, which was to my understanding, a series of pick-up games organized by a church, played as a family, and not any type of organized youth sports teams. (Nothing that would risk the kids finding leaders or adults of influence outside of Gothard or their parents.)

As a parent with kids in sports, I don't see how anyone with 19 kids could have them participate in organized youth sports. It takes a lot of time, energy, money, and transportation. Gothard aside, resources and logistics might have been factors for why they chose not to play team sports. 

Didn't Jeremy say something to the effect that he quit soccer because it distracted him from the glory of God, and he felt that he was only seeking his own glory? 

I wonder how that will tie in to whether or not his kids can play sports. Maybe he won't want them to seek their own glory?  Maybe he will forget he said that? Maybe he will want them to use their God given talents to show thanks to God? Maybe Jinger thinks sports distract families? Or not. 

5 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Didn't Jeremy say something to the effect that he quit soccer because it distracted him from the glory of God, and he felt that he was only seeking his own glory? 

I do think he said something along those lines. However, I think it was only after he hadn’t become a professional starter. I believe he will put his kids in soccer and hope they can go really far, but if they aren’t talented enough, they will have to shift their focus back to God. 

I suspect he won’t mind little Lilly Turmeric Grace playing ball  with her brothers or cousins as a child but the uniforms and worldly  rambunctious and not exactly devout nature of  teen or adult  sports teams may be a step too far. Plus he seemed ready to make his potential daughter a little princess from the start judging from the announcement clip. 

13 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It was previously discussed here that the Duggars were allowed to play broom ball, which was to my understanding, a series of pick-up games organized by a church, played as a family, and not any type of organized youth sports teams. (Nothing that would risk the kids finding leaders or adults of influence outside of Gothard or their parents.)

I call upon our resident broomball expert @Rachel333 to comment on the difference between broomball and, say, Little League.

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

he seemed ready to make his potential daughter a little princess from the start judging from the announcement clip

Yikes! I didn't watch CO this last season, and I've never watched any of the announcements, nor do I follow any of their social media. I just can't. I can't bring myself to suffer through the awkwardness and the "new religious movement" stuff. I'd much rather wait until it gets recapped on here.

If something is specific and particularly offensive, I'll search for the original material before writing a letter to TLC, but that's it. 

I'm very appreciative to those who are willing to take one for the team and watch for those of us who cant bring ourselves to do it. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived