IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

15 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Speaking of Lise, how is that name pronounced?

I always say Lee-say in my head, wrong? 

Kennedy certainly looks ready to pop any day though, in those videos. 

ETA: I always say it as "leese" rhymes with geese but idk

Edited by picklepizzas
  • Upvote 3

I always assumed it was meant to sound a bit exotic because of the occasional umlaut, so I say it like "LEEZ-uh", with the second syllable very clipped. 

• Upvote 1

In German (the origin of the name): lee-zuh. In american I usually Ley-ze, with the first vowel rhyming with that of wise or lice. I don’t know if that’s how they want it pronounced though :) 

Edited by FundieCentral

• 4 weeks later...

According to Campbell’s Instagram story, they are engaged. The Roberts kids seem to have long relationships so I didn’t expect an engagement so soon. However John is a Morton and those boys seem to have short courtships and engagements. So I guess she is on the Morton timeline and not the Roberts timeline. I wonder if she will be cut out for a baby every 12-18 months like the other Morton wives. 

B2F1F222-3938-421E-BCDD-0E45AE0185D1.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

That's a pretty cute announcement, actually. 

Her other siblings seem to have extremely normal dating relationships, so I'm interested to see the wedding. I'm sure there will still be a little bit of Morton weirdness.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

According to Campbell’s Instagram story, they are engaged. The Roberts kids seem to have long relationships so I didn’t expect an engagement so soon. However John is a Morton and those boys seem to have short courtships and engagements. So I guess she is on the Morton timeline and not the Roberts timeline. I wonder if she will be cut out for a baby every 12-18 months like the other Morton wives. 

B2F1F222-3938-421E-BCDD-0E45AE0185D1.png

The Mortons definitely have slowed down the baby making which is refreshing. Various of the couples are having babies 2 years apart now. And look at Martha, her daughter will be 3 in sept and they haven’t said anything about baby #2. I wonder what’s going on there? 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

The Mortons definitely have slowed down the baby making which is refreshing. Various of the couples are having babies 2 years apart now. And look at Martha, her daughter will be 3 in sept and they haven’t said anything about baby #2. I wonder what’s going on there? 

I have a suspicion that she isn’t an only child at almost three by choice. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were having fertility issues. It’s pretty rare a fundie has a gap that huge between the first and second child. 

Alyssa Campana Morton has two close together in age. I think the older married Morton’s are just aging and have a lot of kids already. So it’s pretty normal for fundies to slow down in their 30s when they already have a bunch of kids. Plus Katie’s stopping at 8 isn’t really her choice.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a suspicion that she isn’t an only child at almost three by choice. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were having fertility issues. It’s pretty rare a fundie has a gap that huge between the first and second child. 

Alyssa Campana Morton has two close together in age. I think the older married Morton’s are just aging and have a lot of kids already. So it’s pretty normal for fundies to slow down in their 30s when they already have a bunch of kids. Plus Katie’s stopping at 8 isn’t really her choice.

Yeah I think fertility issues for Martha as well. 

For me, the couples are still young (except maybe Cleve and Lise). Kressant is only 31 and Rachel is only 29, so they could still end up with a whole lot more of kids (JB and Michelle both had 8 kids in their 30’s) but I don’t think it’ll be as much as I thought years ago. Dorothy and Noah have always had big gaps and Andrew and Kennedy started with a 2 year gap. I guess I am hopeful that they won’t have enormous quivers. But we never know with these people unfortunately. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yeah I think fertility issues for Martha as well. 

For me, the couples are still young (except maybe Cleve and Lise). Kressant is only 31 and Rachel is only 29, so they could still end up with a whole lot more of kids (JB and Michelle both had 8 kids in their 30’s and around 3 in their 40’s) but I don’t think it’ll be as much as I thought years ago. Dorothy and Noah have always had big gaps and Andrew and Kennedy started with a 2 year gap. I guess I am hopeful that they won’t have enormous quivers. But we never know with these people unfortunately. 

Campbell’s sister Norma Gilligan had two girls close together. I’m guessing that Campbell and John will have a few in rapid succession. I’m just wondering if that will actually work out for them. He’s so young. What does he even do for a living?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Campbell’s sister Norma Gilligan had two girls close together. I’m guessing that Campbell and John will have a few in rapid succession. I’m just wondering if that will actually work out for them. He’s so young. What does he even do for a living?

He does construction like the rest of them.  He's actually older than Sam was when he married.  There's just the two youngest boys and Addie left who are single.  Katie is home with the kids so they still have a full house though. 

• Upvote 1

Help me out here with these yahoos. Are they all in Paraguay? Is Campbell going to live there? What's the deal? What's the 411?

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

Help me out here with these yahoos. Are they all in Paraguay? Is Campbell going to live there? What's the deal? What's the 411?

No, John lives in the US. He still lives with his parents I believe. At home still is John, his one or two little brothers, Addy, and probably Katie’s family. The Smorton Sisters live with their husbands in Paraguay. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Campbell just posted a bunch of pics from the engagement. I don’t know how to put the whole stream of pics so I’ll just put this one.84130BF4-ABB0-4FBA-8FD5-C1834505D5C8.thumb.jpeg.c9740c89185d7fc0bb28e04463d8460a.jpeg

The kiss!

From my understanding the other Mortons didn’t kiss before marriage (Not entirely sure but it’s what I vaguely remember). I don’t know how the Roberts have done it though. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4

Wow!! Didn't the Morton's have no-touch and heavily chaperoned courtships before? A kiss before marriage seems revolutionary in their circles.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Wow!! Didn't the Morton's have no-touch and heavily chaperoned courtships before? A kiss before marriage seems revolutionary in their circles.

I don't know about "no touch" for the older ones but Noah and Dorothy couldn't keep their hands off each other once they were engaged. Still had to have a chaperone wherever they went, though.

• Upvote 3

I zoomed the shit out of the picture and OMG a premarital kiss! WTH is happening? Are the pigs now flying? Is the earth flat? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

I said this on another thread. I think it’s unsurprising that John and Campbell are kissing. 

A) the Morton parents are older and tired. All the large fundie families loosen up a bit by the time they get to the younger ones.

b) John is a boy. He’s over 18. Their patriarchy is possibly biting them in the butt here. Since he’s a grown man, he can make these choices. And the Roberts kids have never really followed the uptight fundie courtship legalism of yesterday. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

His her name really Campbell Conley? That's...unusual for a girl. 

Yeah, I think it’s Campbell Conley Roberts.  She has a sister named Marty and a brother named Edgar. So they went a little different with names in the Roberts family. There are 12 kids in the Roberts family like the Morton’s. But I believe they have 7 girls and 5 boys. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On her insta post she's got congratulations from a number of Bateses. She was the one who was rumored to be courting Nathan(?) and appeared on an episode of the show. So while her family comes off as pretty attractive and mainstream on social media, they definitely have some deep connections in this world.

I wonder if any of the Bates family will attend the wedding? 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

His her name really Campbell Conley? That's...unusual for a girl. 

Her mom’s name is Conley Campbell, so I guess we’ll have to blame her grandparents for that one. 

Also I went to fact check my info at Campbell’s fb and I found that Campbell’s previous relationship still appears in her about section as something that happened this year

Spoiler

6249AED0-0E6E-41F3-91B4-12839A1F39DC.thumb.jpeg.75dc9622f342fb25e0ba16ecd253fe74.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Her mom’s name is Conley Campbell, so I guess we’ll have to blame her grandparents for that one. 

Also I went to fact check my info at Campbell’s fb and I found that Campbell’s previous relationship still appears in her about section as something that happened this year

Hide contents

6249AED0-0E6E-41F3-91B4-12839A1F39DC.thumb.jpeg.75dc9622f342fb25e0ba16ecd253fe74.jpeg

Heart pieces!!!!!!

Josie Bates seems to be good friends with Campbell. Not so close that Josie would be a bridesmaid but I’m sure she will be invited. Probably the whole Bates family still in the original Bates household. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

On her insta post she's got congratulations from a number of Bateses. She was the one who was rumored to be courting Nathan(?) and appeared on an episode of the show. So while her family comes off as pretty attractive and mainstream on social media, they definitely have some deep connections in this world.

I wonder if any of the Bates family will attend the wedding? 

I think she came along as trace’s “friend”; I remember comments on Facebook pics of the two of them together that suggested they were interested in each other. 

So this leaves what, 3 at home? Gosh I keep hoping addie will get out of there somehow and not end up her parents’ live in help as they age!

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic