IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

45 minutes ago, JillyO said:

We did, although per @Bethella's list, she was/is due in May. So either that information was incorrect or Rachel is having the baby quite a bit early.

I don't think Rachel is about to give birth or anything, it sounds like Addie plans to stay down there for a month or two.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Adeline's comments on IG say she's there for the birth in May, so it seems she's on an extended trip. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, fundiefan said:

In a way I agree with this - about Katie, but in another way - - there aren't enough additional hands in Parguary to be Katie's co-parent. Rachel & Kressant are still adding to their own broods. Unless someone else moves with her, like Adeline, I don't know how it would work.At the compound, she has several people taking care of her many children, namely Adeline. I don't know that it would work in Paraguay. Hell, I'm even wondering how she's doing it now with Adeline in Paraguay to help her other nieces & nephews & siblings because they're birthing another one. 

Oh yeah, the only context I see that happening in is if the primary Morton borg moves down. Bc if I’m remembering correctly the main Morton family originally did move down there, free childcare (Adeline) included. I thought they had their own house/farm, the whole setup, down there, and that they had only returned bc of the arrest? So I’m wondering if they’ll eventually want to return to that plan but this time with Katie in tow. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Oh yeah, the only context I see that happening in is if the primary Morton borg moves down. Bc if I’m remembering correctly the main Morton family originally did move down there, free childcare (Adeline) included. I thought they had their own house/farm, the whole setup, down there, and that they had only returned bc of the arrest? So I’m wondering if they’ll eventually want to return to that plan but this time with Katie in tow. 

I am still curious about the immigration aspects of all this.

How are they all doing of this legally, especially with large families of minor children where there seems to be only one breadwinner? Does Paraguay give preferential treatment to would-be immigrants who are fundie Christian or something? 

I know that the US, NZ, and a number of other countries may give preference to potential immigrants who bring in lots of money but it's hard to believe that the S'Mortons are in that bracket.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

I am still curious about the immigration aspects of all this.

How are they all doing of this legally, especially with large families of minor children where there seems to be only one breadwinner? Does Paraguay give preferential treatment to would-be immigrants who are fundie Christian or something? 

I know that the US, NZ, and a number of other countries may give preference to potential immigrants who bring in lots of money but it's hard to believe that the S'Mortons are in that bracket.

Apparently it's both cheap and easy to become a legal resident of Paraguay. I had no idea. https://flagtheory.com/residency-in-paraguay/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

At this point, I think it's probably the way the dress lays. It's clearly gathered and isn't going to lay flat. 

That's not to say that I don't think she is or will be pregnant as soon as her god opens her womb. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 4/12/2019 at 8:28 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let the bump speculation begin ;)

D35B6E41-FF63-42B5-8204-A46472DA713A.jpeg

She’s pinning nurseries. I’m pretty sure the announcement is coming soon. I’m just glad it wasn’t as soon as the majority of the Morton clan

32567DBD-E838-4F11-877F-C85F0DEEB12E.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

13 hours ago, ophelia said:

What is her name on Pinterest?

Campbell Roberts

Spoiler

CE9372E9-1DEA-420A-93A4-A6422A7ABC35.thumb.jpeg.5413f4c65ae36c1141d3e1940b8aa05a.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Thank You 1

She’s married to a Morton boy. It would be shocking if she’s not pregnant since the Morton boys all seem to get their wives pregnant the first month of their marriage. 

• Upvote 4

Okay, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE her dress!! And I totally think that she is pregnant by now. 

The average (!!!) spacing of marriage to first baby for the Mortons is 305 +/- 46 days. That's  crazy fast. Even if Campbell were 2 SDs outside the mean (at the 95th percentile essentially for being late), she would have a baby by Nov 30, 2019 (with average putting a due date of Aug 31). Barring infertility, she's almost assuredly pregnant by now.

(I know that stats aren't predictive of the future but the Mortons have babies incredibly fast post marriage. 305 day average!!!)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

The average (!!!) spacing of marriage to first baby for the Mortons is 305 +/- 46 days. That's  crazy fast. Even if Campbell were 2 SDs outside the mean (at the 95th percentile essentially for being late), she would have a baby by Nov 30, 2019 (with average putting a due date of Aug 31). Barring infertility, she's almost assuredly pregnant by now.

(I know that stats aren't predictive of the future but the Mortons have babies incredibly fast post marriage. 305 day average!!!)

What’s crazy is if you only look at the Morton males and then calculate. It’s crazy how fast those Morton boys get their brides pregnant. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s crazy is if you only look at the Morton males and then calculate. It’s crazy how fast those Morton boys get their brides pregnant. 

Holy buckets! 280 day average +/- 24. That's insanely fast. That's a lot of honeymoon babies. #Blessed

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Campbell posted some before and after pics of her house. It actually looks great, if a little too pinteresty for my own tastes, and apparently John did a ton of work on it.

All of the younger women in that family seem to be angling for some kind of influencer status, or at least enough of an online following to hawk their MLM stuff, but Campbell seems like she could actually do it. Nice clothes, lots of gauzy lifestyle photography, the occasional shout-out from various Bateses, I can see her making a brand with that.

• Upvote 5

I posted on the baby thread as well but there are no currently known pregnant Mortons. Campbell is due for an announcement.  Alyssa's track record speaks for itself but Rufus bless she won't announce or give birth this year. Kennedy could announce. This will probably be a slower year since all the Mortons who are averaging every other year or longer gave birth last year. So Kressent and  Dorothy are probably out. Lise too. Martha has been overdue for so long who knows with her. 

• Upvote 5

According to the Morton Data spreadsheet I have, the only 2019 babies expected are from Campbell and Alyssa, with Martha being a wild card. Early 2020 babies (so 2019 announcements) expected from Kressant, Kennedy, and maybe Lise, but probably not as her spacing seems to be increasing with each subsequent pregnancy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I'd put money on Alyssa being pregnant right now. Aside from the inevitability of her procreative habits, there's also the Instagram Babyshoot Factor: she posts sporadically, but she nearly always posts a "youngest baby in fancy outfit on the bed" photo shoot just before she starts showing with the current fetus. 

Tis a silly pattern, but here's the breakdown for anyone drinking the nonsense kool-aid with me:

Norah's photoshoot was at 4 months, impromptu, and by Alyssa herself. Victoria was born 7 months later.

Victoria's was at 3 months, staged, and by Adeline. Audrey was born 8 months later.

Audrey's was at 4.5 months, staged, and by Campbell.

Different beds, all white linens, and all posted to social media within weeks of visually compelling evidence of Alyssa's next pregnancy. Maybe it's subconscious.  She suspects or confirms a pregnancy, then immediately feels sentimental about her current youngest, and their fleeting babyhood. Schedules or creates photoshoot, posts, and then retreats from posting for a while. Shows up in crowd shot of the Morton family at a BBQ joint two months later with a visible bump. Rinse, repeat.

• Upvote 12

Alas, I think you may be correct SolomonFundy; I think Alyssa is probably pregnant. If that is the case I hope that all goes well for her. She would no doubt be seen as very “blessed” to have babies in such quick succession. But does she get to enjoy each baby and to know them? Maybe at this stage with merely three children. She appears to be very happy which is lovely but it wouldn’t be a life that I would have aspired to at her age. Then again, it is all she has ever known. At least the Morton family appear to be well fed and cared for unlike some other fundie families. 

Edited by Angelface
Aotocorrect
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, neurogirl said:

According to the Morton Data spreadsheet I have, the only 2019 babies expected are from Campbell and Alyssa, with Martha being a wild card. Early 2020 babies (so 2019 announcements) expected from Kressant, Kennedy, and maybe Lise, but probably not as her spacing seems to be increasing with each subsequent pregnancy. 

I get the impression from her posts that Martha hasn't been in great health since Zandry was born.  Not sure that going all in with plexus ? will be any help, but it seems like it's been a real struggle for her.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic