Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
SolomonFundy

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

Recommended Posts

JermajestyDuggar

I imagine that if I had the 3 kids 2 and under, I would never bother with dressing them. They would live in just a diaper on warm days. 

9FAB532C-01D6-4F33-9372-2AEC04CC60C3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
JMO

Addie wrote an elaborate Jesus filled screed on her public fb page "in honor" of woman's day. It's overly long and boils down to: Jesus,  Jesus,  submit to your husband,  Jesus,  your the weaker vessel but Jesus,  Jesus,  Jesus,  it's ok if you haven't met your earthly Prince because you have Jesus. She threw in some thinly veiled comments about how not all men are good and that women need protection and how people who survived childhood trauma can't use it as an excuse because of Jesus.  I couldn't totally understand the wording on that part. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurky
2 hours ago, JMO said:

how people who survived childhood trauma can't use it as an excuse because of Jesus.

Ugh, I hope she doesn't use this kind of line to Katie's children, ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
JMO

@Lurky I couldn't quite follow it but my impression is that she meant that women shouldn't turn from jesus and their God commanded roles because of childhood trauma.  I don't know what exactly she was referring to but I'm hoping not her nieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
JMO
Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20190309-114633_Facebook.jpg

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114658_Facebook.jpg

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114708_Facebook.jpg

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114708_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2f784e63662e86c87db78b7830015dae.jpg

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114708_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2f784e63662e86c87db78b7830015dae.jpg

 

Hopefully I got it all. I skimmed it the first time. This time I saw that she both admonishes women to not immerse themselves in their superficial appearance but then later tells them to take joy in their beautiful hair.  The last point is what I referenced most above. Sorry for not using spoilers.  I'm tech deficient.  

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114717_Facebook.jpg

 

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114735_Facebook.jpg

 

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114752_Facebook.jpg

 

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114802_Facebook.jpg

 

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114842_Facebook.jpg

 

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190309-114851_Facebook.jpg

 

Edited by hoipolloi
Put multiple images behind spoilers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl
4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I imagine that if I had the 3 kids 2 and under, I would never bother with dressing them. They would live in just a diaper on warm days. 

Hell, if I had 3 kids 2 and under they'd be feral. Who am I kidding? If I had even one child under 2, that child would need to turn to wolves for care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nickelodeon

WOMEN EXIST RELATIVE TO MEN HOW AMAZING IS THAT, GIRLS? THATS JUST A FACT, FELLOW FEMALES! I THINK ITS PRETTY AMAZING THAT GOD DESIGNED WOMEN TO ENDURE PAIN! I LOVE SUFFERING GIRLS HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT GIRLS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

I got a headache from the eye rolling while reading Adeline's post. Poor girl is so indoctrinated she can't see the water in the lake and is running for the ocean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi
46 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I got a headache from the eye rolling while reading Adeline's post. Poor girl is so indoctrinated she can't see the water in the lake and is running for the ocean. 

She's indoctrinated for sure but then I saw the vile post she wrote on Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's testimony. Any sympathy I had for her benighted condition went right out the window.

Adeline may be indoctrinated but she's not stupid. She may, however, be evil if she can actually write shit like that after seeing what Katie and her children went through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

She's indoctrinated for sure but then I saw the vile post she wrote on Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's testimony. Any sympathy I had for her benighted condition went right out the window.

Adeline may be indoctrinated but she's not stupid. She may, however, be evil if she can actually write shit like that after seeing what Katie and her children went through.

Let’s just all be really glad she isn’t breeding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle

Martha also has a charming post up (she says one of her sisters-in-law wrote it, but it's only public on her page, idk)

Quote

The devil HATES babies, he hates children, he hates biblical motherhood... I am more and more convinced of this. please don’t listen to his lies. Stop having horrible days and feeling sorry for yourself [...] Have good days (thank you Jesus) don’t let the devil get you so twisted up with depression, self pity and discouragement that you make having children and motherhood look bad, that would be aiding his efforts.

 

Depressed? Just grin and bear it, or other people might see you and think twice about living as a brood mare!

I think the only reason the Mortons seemed chastened or reformed is that they had stopped writing out their thoughts in detail for a while. Now they're inching back into public commentary and it's clear that they are still all-in for the patriarchy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
58 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Martha also has a charming post up (she says one of her sisters-in-law wrote it, but it's only public on her page, idk)

Depressed? Just grin and bear it, or other people might see you and think twice about living as a brood mare!

I think the only reason the Mortons seemed chastened or reformed is that they had stopped writing out their thoughts in detail for a while. Now they're inching back into public commentary and it's clear that they are still all-in for the patriarchy.

Have all the babies because the devil hates them. 

Sound logic right there, folks. 

Babies for Jesus's army, I assume. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Why would the Devil hate babies? if there were no babies who would he turn into SINNERS and SATANISTS and FEMINISTS?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why would the Devil hate babies? if there were no babies who would he turn into SINNERS and SATANISTS and FEMINISTS?

 

So true! If the babies aren't born there is no fresh meat for the devil. If the devil stops all the babies, the devil has no more toys. 

Showing yet again that taking an insane fundie thought all the way through to a conclusion results in your thought being blown to shreds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

It looks like the Morton’s are skiing (according to Instagram). I wouldn’t be surprised if both Alyssa and Campbell were early in pregnancy and skiing. The Morton’s don’t seem to care much for safety precautions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like the Morton’s are skiing (according to Instagram). I wouldn’t be surprised if both Alyssa and Campbell were early in pregnancy and skiing. The Morton’s don’t seem to care much for safety precautions. 

My midwife said I could continue skiing as long as I could still buckle my own boots. And I don't think the mountains in Mortonia are anything like where I was skiing.

Edited by Black Aliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
ophelia
5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like the Morton’s are skiing (according to Instagram). I wouldn’t be surprised if both Alyssa and Campbell were early in pregnancy and skiing. The Morton’s don’t seem to care much for safety precautions. 

People that don't give a shit about car safety probably won't care much about other safety precautions either. Although I've heard of gynecologist that allowed sports like skiing until the 11/12 week mark. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

John & Campbell have been married almost five months. The wedding (as guests) pictures they posted make it very clear Cambell is not pregnant - at least not enough to show in any way if she is. 

They better get a move on. Unless she is newly pregnant, they aren't going to have a baby by their first anniversary. And they are within weeks of not having one in 2019 at all - again, if she isn't yet. 

That's so not Morton like. 

Edited by fundiefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
18 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

John & Campbell have been married almost five months. The wedding (as guests) pictures they posted make it very clear Cambell is not pregnant - at least not enough to show in any way if she is. 

They better get a move on. Unless she is newly pregnant, they aren't going to have a baby by their first anniversary. And they are within weeks of not having one in 2019 at all - again, if she isn't yet. 

That's so not Morton like. 

I don’t think any of the Morton men have ever NOT had a new baby on their first anniversary. I hope John starts a trend for his younger brothers to follow. Although I doubt that it has anything to do with preventing. They just got lucky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×