IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

On 8/4/2018 at 8:02 PM, dramallama said:

Possible I'm reading too much into it because of  RAH RAH CONFEDERACY posts on that person's IG and the Morton history of the same, it just jumped out at me.

Yeah...I know. Idle hope, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeremiah Campana has died 3 days ago, I’m not sure of the COD. I saw a heartfelt tribute on Mariah’s insta. He must have beenin his late teens, very sad.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Jeremiah Campana has died 3 days ago, I’m not sure of the COD. I saw a heartfelt tribute on Mariah’s insta. He must have beenin his late teens, very sad.

Jeremiah Thomas, not Jeremiah Campana. He died of cancer at 16. There’s a whole thread about him here if any one else wants to see it. It refers to him in the title as Rusty Thomas’ son

• Upvote 7

Yes, the Campanas were good friends with the Thomases. They usually got together for big abortion protests. He was only 16. It’s very sad. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jeremiah Thomas, not Jeremiah Campana. He died of cancer at 16. There’s a whole thread about him here if any one else wants to see it. It refers to him in the title as Rusty Thomas’ son

My bad, I didn’t follow that thread and am confused why Mariah is referring to herself as his big sis (as an older sister). Weird? Or am I I just foreign and missing something? 

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, the Campanas were good friends with the Thomases. They usually got together for big abortion protests. He was only 16. It’s very sad. 

You know something is wrong when the main occasion on which people/families hang out with each other are anti abortion rallies. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Mrs. Bean said:

My bad, I didn’t follow that thread and am confused why Mariah is referring to herself as his big sis (as an older sister). Weird? Or am I I just foreign and missing something? 

American here. I thought it was weird and suspected there might be a relationship in the works between Mariah and one of the single Thomas brothers, but I don't actually know.

• Upvote 1

I guess I just figured she meant he “was like a little brother.”

But a match between a Campana and a Thomas wouldn’t surprise me in the least. There are two Thomas boys still unmarried and a couple Campana girls to go with them.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Post from Campbell talking about preparing her heart to submit to John.  Barf. Guess it’s just a reminder that the wrappings are changing (engagement kisses!) but the core bummer beliefs are unchanged.  Also from the comments we learn their wedding is in 46 days (as of yesterday). 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

54 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Post from Campbell talking about preparing her heart to submit to John.

What's John doing? Swinging some dry ice around or is that an ebil Catholic thurible?

More generally, is this now a thing in engagement photos?

• Upvote 4

There are 12 Morton children. One is already divorced. I’m guessing there will be at least one more divorce/separation in that family, if not more. I just can’t imagine all these young marriages with lots of children lasting. And if the marriages do all last somehow, I think there will be some very miserable couples that would be better off divorcing. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

What's John doing? Swinging some dry ice around or is that an ebil Catholic thurible?

Idk but I kind of love it 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 9/19/2018 at 12:33 PM, hoipolloi said:

The photographer called it a smoke bomb engagement: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnoDfkKFYd-/?taken-by=johannalakinphotography

It looks like compressed air with fog in a jar to me. I'm guessing this smoke thing is a trend?

• Upvote 2

Kressant posted on facebook that they are trying to sell their house in GA. It's a house they built on the family farm and they want whoever buys it to move it off the property. That strikes me as odd. Aren't there other couples on the compound who might want the house? Are they that hard up for money in Paraguay? Or are more family members preparing to move down to South America?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

I can neither see Keni, nor Alyssa, nor Campbell wanting to move to rural Paraguay. They were brought up more or less worldly and especially Campbell seems somewhat hipsterish and probably couldn't live without Starbucks etc. 

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I can neither see Keni, nor Alyssa, nor Campbell wanting to move to rural Paraguay. They were brought up more or less worldly and especially Campbell seems somewhat hipsterish and probably couldn't live without Starbucks etc. 

Maybe the reason that Sam and Alyssa, or John and Campbell, aren't interested in a free house on Mom and Dad's property is that some of them have long-term plans to move closer to "civilization" anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Guess that answers whether the Morton clan down there is coming back up. Really surprised that it isn't staying in the family though. Unless the other guys want to build different houses or want to move elsewhere, Alyssa and Sam seem to be heading towards cramped with soon to be three kids in a one or two bedroom place. 

ETA: although, that does leave Rachel's house open which might be taken first before Kressants. Rachel's was very nice. We never saw much of Kressants. 

Edited by lexiloumarie
Had a thought
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Addie put up a rather infuriating post on her (private) Instagram about #metoo. She says that she takes survivors seriously, and that's why she's outraged that Christine Blasey Ford, who is "obviously" a liar, is testifying against Kavanaugh.  She calls Ford a coward and claims to be "indignant" on behalf of real survivors.

At least she's getting a tiny bit of pushback in comments. But ugh, I mean at least they had the wherewithal to report sexual abuse when it was threatening their own family. But that's such a bare minimum of decency, and it looks like they don't even have that when it comes to the rest of us heathens.

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Addie put up a rather infuriating post on her (private) Instagram about #metoo. She says that she takes survivors seriously, and that's why she's outraged that Christine Blasey Ford, who is "obviously" a liar, is testifying against Kavanaugh.  She calls Ford a coward and claims to be "indignant" on behalf of real survivors.

At least she's getting a tiny bit of pushback in comments. But ugh, I mean at least they had the wherewithal to report sexual abuse when it was threatening their own family. But that's such a bare minimum of decency, and it looks like they don't even have that when it comes to the rest of us heathens.

Ugly. But then, so are these people and their beliefs -- maybe it's good they remind us every once in a while of what they're REALLY like. 

Addie's comments, by the way, mirror the white fundie women's take on Kavanaugh. It's quite widespread among them along with caring only about men being falsely accused -- "what if it were YOUR son?" 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I keep going back and forth between screaming internally and being really, really confused. Clearly her family felt it was appropriate to turn Alan in, and AFAIK children's memories of abuse are often fragmented as well. I'm starting to think someone must have caught Alan in the act, as horrifying as that sounds. Addie and the Mortons might not have believed the kid otherwise.  :shakehead:

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic