IGNORED

Ian and Larissa ~ Where are they now?

Curious

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't find the upside down cat pic I wanted, but how about an upside down dog and her cat.  We call the cat her "momma cat" (just her's.  The other dogs she tolerates, but there is no love there).   Cardi will walk up to the cat and either tap her head with a paw or smash her face into the cats.  This means "groom me please momma cat."  Sometimes it takes a couple tries, but eventually, Parky will start grooming Cardi. 

She started grooming Cardi when she was just a wee thing when we first brought her home.  Apparently, Cardi likes it because as she grew up if Parky wasn't interested in grooming her she started the paw/head smash move.

Daiqy wants to be loved by the momma cat SO badly.  She will walk up to her and grovel and gently press her head against Parky like Cardi does and you can almost see the disgust on Parky's face.   We did see her give Daiqy two half-hearted licks on the head last week, so maybe Daiqy is finally wearing her down. ;)

catdog.jpg

On 1/7/2018 at 4:24 PM, DancingPhalanges said:

*editing to add I saw Instant Pot mentioned (I think?) and I love mine. 

I made coq au vin with Pino Grigio in my Instant Pot last night. It was a lot of work for a weeknight dinner, but OMG was it awesome. The sauce was divine and the chicken was falling off the bone. 

I love making feijoada in my Instant Pot -- Brazilian style black beans! Yum yum. SO much easier than the traditional process. I pressure cook the beans in the morning, then add meat and seasonings, and just slow cook until whenever we feel like eating dinner. All one pot. Heaven! We do have to make rice separately, but that's no biggie. 

I love all the furbaby pics!

@littlemommy I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, but the 'next gen' zipper is gorgeous! She looks a lot like our Cocoa who was also from a rescue shelter:

image.thumb.jpeg.4e0151859069ad0561d8541a16c8b9eb.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I love all the furbaby pics!

@littlemommy I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, but the 'next gen' zipper is gorgeous! She looks a lot like our Cocoa who was also from a rescue shelter:

image.thumb.jpeg.4e0151859069ad0561d8541a16c8b9eb.jpeg

Whoa, she really DOES! I gave Zipper her first bit of catnip at our house...she was absolutely wild for over an hour. My other cat never had any reaction to catnip, so it was a bit of a surprise. She’s a bit of a lightweight, I suppose. :P

On 1/8/2018 at 11:03 PM, mango_fandango said:

I don’t have cats (Dad is allergic) but I have guinea pigs. This is from a few months ago. The brown one right in the corner is the most scaredy I’ve ever had. Sometimes walking past the cage or even LOOKING at her for more than two seconds terrifies her. Fool. I bring you FOOD, how can I be scary??

8272D6EA-718E-4D80-A58E-D3B7C532A90A.thumb.jpeg.e20d94357d6cc6e40a8dfb0604c5d047.jpeg

LOVE THEM! I also love that they flipped the house over :pb_lol: Our guineas do that like 18 times a day. And while both our guineas are completely chill around my daughter, every time *I* walk into the room they freak out and scramble like I"m gonna skin them and eat them. 

Also, please enjoy the following memes that I am placing under a spoiler:

Spoiler

17352201_1206747596119919_4789435893785652072_n.jpg.2e297f33544e9b9eb5d2e798301bf8b9.jpg

17800032_1225589714235707_2266625373313305085_n.jpg.0aef5e6fb773a1a3d1eff74b9382c6de.jpg

I had a guinea pig many moons ago.  A friend had 2 female pigs and then there were suddenly 6 ;)    So I got one of them.   I loved the little sounds she made just snuffling around in her pen.  She would get so excited to see you holding her veggies and parsley.  OMG, she would have walked across flaming broken glass for a stalk of parsley.

I think they are a great introductory pet for kids.  They aren't *super* high maintenance, they are quite interactive and you don't have to worry about the kid forgetting to walk/exercise them so you have to go out in the freezing cold to walk the dog which is supposed to be the kids job ;)

I would love to get one again, but much of the care would fall on my husband and he's got enough on his plate without dealing with all the animals, birds, fish I long to have ;)

1 hour ago, Curious said:

I would love to get one again,

Prevailing wisdom these days is that you need two guinea pigs to keep them happy.  Two boys or two girls, IIRC@Marshmallow World or @mango_fandango will know.

I was given a guinea pig when I was 5 as my first pet.  My parents didn't know it was a pregnant piggie when they bought it, so then I had about 7.  The plan was to give away some when they were old enough.  It is a very sad story though.  Post hidden because  it involves Death.

Spoiler

My mother accidentally murdered the whole family by putting grass clippings (possibly containing toadstool) in their cage.  She knew no better and felt awful.  I was heartbroken.  References to guinea pigs were avoided for years in our house because one or other of us would tear up at the very thought.

Yep, guinea pigs are social animals and do best in pairs. It’s apparently illegal to only have one guinea pig in Switzerland, but ofc this isn’t Switzerland. The only times we’ve had one piggie have been temporary, after their cagemate has died, and they’re not alone for long. 

My cat likes Star Trek, this was us during the upgrade last night. One cat and one dog plus one Beta Fish is all we can handle. 

Spoiler

IMG_8065.thumb.JPG.b80f2a9dae2254cca3dfb30f129382ba.JPG

Here’s a Josie wearing one of her Christmas sweaters. She actually loves it - anything that is a form of attention makes her ecstatic. IMG_7895.JPG

And Gilda and Santino examining the boxes for tiny humans many Christmas presents IMG_7893.JPG

We don't have pets but our neighbour has a cat that comes over all the time for food, naps and cuddles. It's been so cold here lately that they haven't let him out since Christmas day. I miss my kitty, dammit!!! I don't even know my neighbours' names but their stupid cat has completely stolen my heart. We're actually considering getting a kitten now that the allergy-ridden human kids have moved out but we're concerned that we won't have enough time for one since we're out and about quite a bit. And of course we'd like said kids to be able to visit occasionally and actually be able to breathe during their visit. Gagh. I really want a kitty.

45 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

We don't have pets but our neighbour has a cat that comes over all the time for food, naps and cuddles. It's been so cold here lately that they haven't let him out since Christmas day. I miss my kitty, dammit!!! I don't even know my neighbours' names but their stupid cat has completely stolen my heart. We're actually considering getting a kitten now that the allergy-ridden human kids have moved out but we're concerned that we won't have enough time for one since we're out and about quite a bit. And of course we'd like said kids to be able to visit occasionally and actually be able to breathe during their visit. Gagh. I really want a kitty.

I want one, also.  My human kid is very allergic to cats and the husband does not like them.  But I informed him that one day, probably after our beagle crosses the Rainbow Bridge, I will have a cat.  He realized that he has to keep me happy, so it will happen.  Just not soon.

Our kitty got out and went missing over New Years - we are all terribly sad, but the toddler asking “where Primmy Cat?” (Kitty’s name is Primrose) is breaking our hearts.

865E1F01-FFFB-42A2-B689-C9C3C0FE0828.jpeg

7 minutes ago, lilith said:

Our kitty got out and went missing over New Years - we are all terribly sad, but the toddler asking “where Primmy Cat?” (Kitty’s name is Primrose) is breaking our hearts.

I have been there. I am so beyond sorry. <3

16 hours ago, lilith said:

So sorry to hear this! Last year our dog got away from the people we left her with (when we were out of town for a wedding), and she was lost for 2-1/2 days before we found her. I know how awful that is. Hope she turns up!

On 1/12/2018 at 10:24 AM, mango_fandango said:

Yep, guinea pigs are social animals and do best in pairs. It’s apparently illegal to only have one guinea pig in Switzerland, but ofc this isn’t Switzerland. The only times we’ve had one piggie have been temporary, after their cagemate has died, and they’re not alone for long. 

Anyone who knows me knows I don't just do 1 of anything pet related ;)   My BFF had bunnies, but there was a horrible incident with a foster dog (that was rapidly removed from her home) so she got 2 piggies.  Then someone she cleaned for was having to get rid of piggies so she ended up with 3 more.  She made this really cool pen for them with a ramp to another level as recommended by some guinea pig site she follows.   I love talking to her on the phone when she is feeding them because they are so happy and making those little sounds they make. 

I feel bad that my pig was probably lonely as I only had one back then.  Good info on pet specific care is so much easier to find now thanks to the internet.  I look at is as when you know better, you do better, so I would research any new pet I was planning on getting, of course.

I thought about getting a crab from one of those kiosks, but then I started researching proper crab care and decided it wasn't for me.  It did make me want to "rescue" all those poor crabs, but I know better than that.  We just stopped going by the kiosk.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:48 PM, Destiny said:

I have been there. I am so beyond sorry. <3

Tragic. 

On 1/12/2018 at 5:40 PM, lilith said:

This is so heartbreaking. Please keep us updated.

@DancingPhalanges your poor cat looks as stressed out as mine. Leia is on the back of the couch right now doing her best boneless kitty impression, just sorta melted into the cushion. Luke is next to me, stretched out, all happy he's snuggling his mama. 

@Marshmallow World HOW DID I ONLY JUST NOTICE YOUR POST???

DYING at the memes. They’re SO accurate! Sometimes our guineas get excited if we even walk up the stairs (their cage is on the landing) and sometimes they’ve become excited if we come through the front door (usually it’s when we’ve got sooper-exciting shopping bags). And they hate being picked up. When I remove all their stuff to clean the cage out, they start huddling together in the corner because they clearly know what’s coming out next... THEM. Dumbasses.

I actually keep the houses permanently upside-down now. You’d think they’d like hiding under the right-way-up houses but NOPE. 

Here’s a photo of them huddled in the corner.

A652FD7A-38F5-4B24-8268-F5B38AA7D568.jpeg

8 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Tragic. 

This is so heartbreaking. Please keep us updated.

Thankyou. No sign yet, and I tend to think if she was going to show up she would have by now. She is microchipped, but hasn’t shown as found anywhere. She went missing New Years evening (got out while we were gone for the early fireworks), so I couldn’t get in touch with the RSPCA or the council or the local vets for a couple of days afterward, which certainly wasn’t helpful.

I just want to note that she’s full grown now - I just posted the stroller pic cause it’s damn cute and, unlike most of my pics, none of my kids faces are visible in it.

Archived