IGNORED

Ian and Larissa ~ Where are they now?

Curious

2 hours ago, Jellybean said:

If they're together, I need more explanation and a photograph!

But, put the photo under a spoiler! That combo sounds like too much for some of us to see. :wink-kitty:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/01/2018 at 8:33 PM, feministxtian said:

Holy cow! I have zero at home...I get gels...because I'm just a bitch that way. I go every couple of weeks for a mani and wax. No pedis now until spring...the feet are hidden while it's "so cold" here (highs in the mid 60's)

Highs in the mid 60's and your feet are hidden???? What nonsense is this you speak of? It's been about minus 40 up here for the past few days. I had actual ice form on my eyeglass lenses yesterday after being outside for about 10 minutes. Mid 60's is shorts, tanks, sandals and dancing in the streets weather:my_smile:

16 hours ago, Joplin4206 said:
16 hours ago, Granwych said:

Rather nervy, aren'tcha?

See above. 

How about you take your bloviating and go help Ian and Larissa.  No, never mind, they probably don't like you either.

11 minutes ago, Granwych said:

How about you take your bloviating and go help Ian and Larissa.  No, never mind, they probably don't like you either.

Sorry, I didn't see the note about letting this go...On the food side, I made French onion soup.  Nails, gotta look up this holographic powder.   The Rod saga...no words.

46 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

Highs in the mid 60's and your feet are hidden???? What nonsense is this you speak of? It's been about minus 40 up here for the past few days. I had actual ice form on my eyeglass lenses yesterday after being outside for about 10 minutes. Mid 60's is shorts, tanks, sandals and dancing in the streets weather:my_smile:

I live in Las Vegas. Mid 60's is for a few hours in the afternoons. When I leave for work in the morning, it's in the high 30's/low 40's.  And, if you figure our summer temps are over 100 thru July, August and the first couple of weeks of September, it's COLD for us. My feet won't defrost now until April. 

11 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Can anyone w/any background in genetics explain something to me please? My 13 year old granddaughter is me...I mean, she's snarky, sarcastic as hell, has the engineering brain and says things that I say. Fortunately, she's much cuter than I am...but dang, it was like having a conversation with my 13 year old self. She's all up into engineering, the space program, the whole deal. Is that sort of thing hereditary? 

I am very much like my grandmother. We seem to have the same mind. We've always been super close and have the same weird sense of humour. A while back my family members all did DNA testing, and it turned out my grandma and I shared close to the top amount of DNA that a grandparent and grandchild could feasibly share. Who knows, but maybe there is something to it. Maybe you two share a higher than average amount of DNA. ;) 

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

But, put the photo under a spoiler! That combo sounds like too much for some of us to see. :wink-kitty:

It might rank right up there with OkToBeTakei's canned whole chicken avatar!:pb_eek: :lol:

(by the way, whatever happened to Ok? Haven't seen her post in a loooonnng time. :pb_cry: )

38 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I am very much like my grandmother. We seem to have the same mind. We've always been super close and have the same weird sense of humour. A while back my family members all did DNA testing, and it turned out my grandma and I shared close to the top amount of DNA that a grandparent and grandchild could feasibly share. Who knows, but maybe there is something to it. Maybe you two share a higher than average amount of DNA. ;) 

She looks nothing like me...she's blonde, has brown eyes, is very petite. But...what's between her ears is like someone cloned my brain and implanted it in hers...her sister is the spitting image of her mother (my daughter) only taller. They look exactly alike, have the same voice...DNA is crazy!

47 minutes ago, Loveday said:

It might rank right up there with OkToBeTakei's canned whole chicken avatar!:pb_eek: :lol:

(by the way, whatever happened to Ok? Haven't seen her post in a loooonnng time. :pb_cry: )

Last I talked to her she was crazy busy with work. I miss her a lot, though not her avatar. 

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Last I talked to her she was crazy busy with work. I miss her a lot, though not her avatar. 

No one misses that avatar. It is the unhoiy spawn of  Satan.

15 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Thanks, glad to know she's ok (no pun intended!). 

Of course, if I never see that avatar again, it will be way, way too soon! :lol:

27 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I miss her a lot, though not her avatar. 

I miss OKTBT a lot too.  However, her avatar was vastly improved when she put a kilt on canned Steve.  I wish she had kept him in a kilt permanently.

As for nails, I have OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark as my pedicure, as that's one of my favorite polishes.

My favourite go to blog for dinner ideas is recipetineats.  The author is Japanese, living in Sydney with a dog called Dozer.

I have only had one failed recipe from this site.  Everything else I have cooked from it get thumbs up from around the table.

5 hours ago, Terrie said:

No one misses that avatar. It is the unhoiy spawn of  Satan.

I'll bet that would make a fine fundie supper.  The chicken, I mean, with tater tots and canned spinach.

I'll never ever dine at a fundie home.

Tonight we’re having bruschetta with a twist - some cold left over roast beef on rye sourdough along with tomato and salad. The sauce is a mix of Greek yoghurt, sour cream, horseradish and German mustard. Sounds gross but is delicious!

... and probably some more of that red wine (Pepperjack Shiraz for those interested).

Btw lunch today was a very fiery laksa which was a stupid idea while we’re in the middle of a heat wave. Now I’m burning on the inside as well as outside. 

I don’t live in Campbelltown, it’s a screen shot of a news page - but that is over 118f.

1B64C966-F4F4-444A-B842-E7D73069C53F.png

I had roasted cauliflower with curry.  First time trying the recipe -- YUM!  Not only did it taste good but it made the house smell delectable...

13 hours ago, feministxtian said:

She looks nothing like me...she's blonde, has brown eyes, is very petite. But...what's between her ears is like someone cloned my brain and implanted it in hers...her sister is the spitting image of her mother (my daughter) only taller. They look exactly alike, have the same voice...DNA is crazy!

I think it could be hereditary to a degree (Mr. May is an Engineer and I worked in a very Engineer heavy environment and know A LOT of Engineers who come from Engineer families like off the top I can think of 4 instances) That said it could also be that you are a positive influence on her and because of you sharing your interests she's developed similar ones. Regardless of why it's excellent. The world needs more female engineers. 

9 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

As for nails, I have OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark as my pedicure, as that's one of my favorite polishes.

I just googled, that color is awesome. I'm currently donning Less is Norse from the OPI Iceland collection and loving it. That whole collection has amazing colors and formulas. 

Everyone complaining about the cold in the US - I just survived a 45 degree Celsius day in western Sydney. I don’t know what that is on your crazy thermometers, but it’s damn hot.

2 minutes ago, Karma said:

Thank goodness that southerly came through, @lilith! It’s much better now :) .

Oh yeah. I’m sitting outside enjoying it. Our air conditioner died just before Christmas and the earliest I’ve been able to arrange to have it fixed  is the day after tomorrow. Counting the hours.....

1 hour ago, lilith said:

Everyone complaining about the cold in the US - I just survived a 45 degree Celsius day in western Sydney. I don’t know what that is on your crazy thermometers, but it’s damn hot.

That is damn hot!

It was 6 degrees Fahrenheit here! We are not able to deal with such weather here in my part of NC. We went almost three days without it getting above freezing!

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That is damn hot!

It was 6 degrees Fahrenheit here! We are not able to deal with such weather here in my part of NC. We went almost three days without it getting above freezing!

The extremes on both sides of the globe are crazy at the moment.

We are used to hot days in early January. But over 40 is extreme. We were lucky enough to spend most of the day in my sister in laws pool while her crazy family was at the cricket.

2 hours ago, lilith said:

I feel your pain! I used to live in southern Arizona, and those temperatures were the norm in the summers. I remember it once got up to 120 ºF (~49 ºC). Basically we just avoided going outside.

Archived