IGNORED

Ian and Larissa ~ Where are they now?

Curious

We can send Destiny and my grandson to dinner together for all the tofu and sushi that they can handle.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

We can send Destiny and my grandson to dinner together for all the tofu and sushi that they can handle.

*tags along for the sushi...

You people are rotten. I was only low-key hungry before I read this thread but now I'm 'back off I'm starving' (Chris Farley). And this, after I started my day at 4:30am with mac n cheese. (A new low or a new high? You decide!) 

Just now, Kailash said:

You people are rotten. I was only low-key hungry before I read this thread but now I'm 'back off I'm starving' (Chris Farley). And this, after I started my day at 4:30am with mac n cheese. (A new low or a new high? You decide!) 

Come on over, I'll make you some sketti with Ragu!

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Come on over, I'll make you some sketti with Ragu!

8 minutes ago, Kailash said:

Can we have garlic bread too? Puleeeeeaaaasssse?

And there's an offer of champagne in the Rod threads if you like. Wandering over to accept is a bit dangerous to your sanity right now, fair warning. 

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

FB argument about screening school volunteers for pedophiles

Why is this an argument? 

Dinner here = the tortellini salad I linked to, minus the tortellini :D plus grilled porterhouse and a glass or two of red wine. 

Just now, VaSportsMom said:

Why is this an argument? 

A friend posted something about this story https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-isd/2017/12/07/male-mentors-needed-eat-breakfast-south-dallas-middle-schooler-dads-event. Basically an under-performing school in Dallas asked for 50 male mentors to help with a "Breakfast with Dad" event, they ended up having 500-600 men come. Someone else posted, upset that the school hadn't done background checks on the volunteers. When I pointed out that they had in fact done background checks, she decided that background checks weren't enough. She felt that by putting out a general call for volunteers the school was going to attract pedophiles and that the background checks weren't enough to screen out the pedophiles. She seemed rather upset that I support bringing community volunteers into the schools.

Hoping the tags for @DancingPhalanges and @Destiny merge with my last post.

48 minutes ago, Kailash said:

Can we have garlic bread too? Puleeeeeaaaasssse?

If you stop at the store and pick up the bread. I have everything but the bread. 

38 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

And there's an offer of champagne in the Rod threads if you like. Wandering over to accept is a bit dangerous to your sanity right now, fair warning. 

Oh god, and it's hot. Do I need a glass of wine first?

11 minutes ago, Bethella said:

A friend posted something about this story https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-isd/2017/12/07/male-mentors-needed-eat-breakfast-south-dallas-middle-schooler-dads-event. Basically an under-performing school in Dallas asked for 50 male mentors to help with a "Breakfast with Dad" event, they ended up having 500-600 men come. Someone else posted, upset that the school hadn't done background checks on the volunteers. When I pointed out that they had in fact done background checks, she decided that background checks weren't enough. She felt that by putting out a general call for volunteers the school was going to attract pedophiles and that the background checks weren't enough to screen out the pedophiles. She seemed rather upset that I support bringing community volunteers into the schools.

Hoping the tags for @DancingPhalanges and @Destiny merge with my last post.

..... WHAT? I think your friend might be a wee bit too protective. Community volunteers do awesome things. 

1 minute ago, freethemall said:

Da fuq is going on in this thread

Trolling and telling us we are mean being derailed with nails and food. The usual Friday night on FJ really. :-P

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

..... WHAT? I think your friend might be a wee bit too protective. Community volunteers do awesome things. 

Friend of a friend but yes. She did say that she knows several children who had been victimized. But she lost me when she wanted all volunteers to come through churches and other community organizations (she's uber Catholic), so I really had to bite my tongue (or fingers?) to not get nasty about the Catholic church sex abuse scandal (I was trying to be respectful on the friend's page since she's Catholic too). 

I finally ended by telling her that continued argument was pointless and that she could be a cynical naysayer but I choose to be cautiously optimistic.

7 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Oh god, and it's hot. Do I need a glass of wine first?

Short answer. YES-SEVERELY-JRod hit a new low. I am still having wine. :roll:

@Bethella Okay now I understand. And yay for 10x the number of volunteers needed! I read to a K-5 class as a volunteer; Dragons Love Tacos was the new favorite this week. 

4 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Short answer. YES-SEVERELY-JRod hit a new low. I am still having wine

Someone please message me and tell me about Jilly's new low. Don't make me go read, I beg of you. 

12 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Short answer. YES-SEVERELY-JRod hit a new low. I am still having wine. :roll:

I went in with no wine. I’m now angry and: 

6B549919-5D8F-402C-AF9E-2FAC750F1936.jpeg.bbf43707d7bec669d7f0c66cd0fb9ee9.jpeg

I’m just here to say my pregnancy craving of the night is pizza with a crust made of brownies. And none of the pizza places around here do those dessert pizza sides.

I am irrationally upset rn.

2 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I’m just here to say my pregnancy craving of the night is pizza with a crust made of brownies. And none of the pizza places around here do those dessert pizza sides.

I am irrationally upset rn.

I would be too. Cravings you can't solve are the worst. Would some leftover Christmas chocolate help? you can have the last one!

14 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I went in with no wine. I’m now angry and: 

6B549919-5D8F-402C-AF9E-2FAC750F1936.jpeg.bbf43707d7bec669d7f0c66cd0fb9ee9.jpeg

That's more like it and you'll need another and definitely add dessert. Love your ambience while reading FJ! 

I got an Insta Pot pressure cooker for Christmas from my parents.  It’s wonderful!  Love my crockpot but to throw in pre-cut butternut squash and have soup in an hour, or be able to sauté onions celery in the same pot, toss in some dried peas, a couple spices, broth and a ham hock is magical!  

Next is tomato!  Did potato cheese for Christmas Eve too. 

Also, I am enjoying having orange toes. 

Made Cooks illustrated homemade freezer dinner rolls and they have changed my life. 

Lots of good fun! 

I am completely in love with my Insta Pot. I joined a FB group for recipes and tips. I've collected a month's worth of dinner plans that I can't wait to try. 

1 minute ago, VaSportsMom said:

I am completely in love with my Insta Pot. I joined a FB group for recipes and tips. I've collected a month's worth of dinner plans that I can't wait to try. 

I used to see you all the time but I haven’t forever!  How are you, or do we not frequent the same thread? I’m on JRod mostly. Had to abstain from Naugs. 

Can anyone w/any background in genetics explain something to me please? My 13 year old granddaughter is me...I mean, she's snarky, sarcastic as hell, has the engineering brain and says things that I say. Fortunately, she's much cuter than I am...but dang, it was like having a conversation with my 13 year old self. She's all up into engineering, the space program, the whole deal. Is that sort of thing hereditary? 

On 1/4/2018 at 5:06 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Who could find these haunting?

beasley-collector.jpg

Hmmm, let me think, why would I be freaked out by these dolls...

Damned.jpg.35057e520ed695ab27424f9384e63ace.jpg

The Village even has a Damned cat...

Please tell me that the mini marshmallows that @HerNameIsBuffy offered you weren't in the same dish as the pickled herring, @Destiny? If they're together, I need more explanation and a photograph!

Archived