IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

For me the really satisfying ones are the professional ear wax removal videos. It's insane how much wax some people have built up in their ears. They must feel like they have super sonic hearing after they get it all cleared out.

Those are the best.  I remember the 1st time I landed there my thoughts were "Dear God I'm in the weird part of the internet, how did I get here?" My 2nd though was where has this been all my life?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

For me the really satisfying ones are the professional ear wax removal videos. It's insane how much wax some people have built up in their ears. They must feel like they have super sonic hearing after they get it all cleared out.

Haha I have to get my ear irrigated about two or three times a year because of earwax buildup! It really is amazing to suddenly hear again, especially since if the wax is left for too long it can totally block all noise in that ear, so its like being deaf. In my opinion, the best part of ear wax removal is the feeling when they shoot the water in my ear. It's honestly indescribable! 

Tearing off blackhead strips and seeing the little bastards on there gives me a strange sense of satisfaction! 

I keep getting the ads on Facebook for the peel off charcoal masks that show tons of blackheads coming out. I want to order some but I haven't really seen reviews by people who have tried it.

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

Haha I have to get my ear irrigated about two or three times a year because of earwax buildup! It really is amazing to suddenly hear again, especially since if the wax is left for too long it can totally block all noise in that ear, so its like being deaf. In my opinion, the best part of ear wax removal is the feeling when they shoot the water in my ear. It's honestly indescribable! 

My boyfriend got that done for the first time recently! He loved it and talked about it so much I began to feel really weirdly jealous of the tech or whoever did it for him... like: "Damn, I wish I could make him feel that good!"   :giggle:

Oh, weird body stuff. Pimple popping is great. I wax my legs and love plucking out the leftover not-quite-ingrown hairs. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but trust me, it's satisfying.

4 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Yup, another one here who suffers from excessive ear wax. I kind of love when my ear gets kind of clogged because the feeling of the irrigation and then the crystal clear hearing afterwards are amazing.

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Those are the best.  I remember the 1st time I landed there my thoughts were "Dear God I'm in the weird part of the internet, how did I get here?" My 2nd though was where has this been all my life?

I once watched a 46 minute natural birth in a river, it was both amazing and really creepy.  Dr Pimple Popper has a great channel if you are into that thing, which clearly I am.  

Also chiropractor channels, love them. 

I’m conflicted about Dr. pimple popper. On one hand I can see how it’s really satisfying to watch, but on the other hand....sometimes I look at the Instagram just to see if I’m still grossed out by it, and I always am :my_sick:

6 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I'm so very glad it works so well for you and others! But man, I suffered chronic ear infections from age 2 until age 9 and the one time they did that for my ears, man did it hurt like none other! my mom did say that it cleared my ear, but wow it hurt so bad. haha now I couldn't try it even if I wanted to as I have a hole in both of my ear drums due to repetitive ear infections and tubes in my ears from multiple surgeries. bleh. 

On fears:

I’ve had a very healthy fear of sharks (galeophobia) since I was 8 and watched Jaws for the first time. I have zero issues with seeing them on tv or in aquariums, but I’m scared to go in salt water because they could be there. We even went to Barbados on our honeymoon because we read the popular swimming spots are pretty shark free due to reefs keeping them out. I still had a horrific time snorkeling at one spot because it was murky, but the second spot had crystal clear water and I did snorkel with my husband for a few minutes after some convincing. A wild turtle swam within inches of us (and yes, we were respectful and didn’t bother it as it swam past), so it was definitely worth it. 

I’ve also developed a case of agoraphobia (fear of crowds) recently. It started a bit a few years ago, but got much worse during my pregnancy and my first year of parenthood. I think it’s partly because she was a preemie and we were on high alert about germs because of that, but also because my body is still kind of in that whole fight or flight response that started after she was born. It’s also caused me to have momentary fleeting moments of panic when I think about trying for a second kid later this year. Thankfully I see my Doctor next month and she should be able to help me come up with a plan that helps me feel confident going into round two of parenthood. 

2 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

I'm so very glad it works so well for you and others! But man, I suffered chronic ear infections from age 2 until age 9 and the one time they did that for my ears, man did it hurt like none other! my mom did say that it cleared my ear, but wow it hurt so bad. haha now I couldn't try it even if I wanted to as I have a hole in both of my ear drums due to repetitive ear infections and tubes in my ears from multiple surgeries. bleh. 

Mr. Wolf had to get his ears irrigated so he could have hearing aids fitted. He almost passed out with the pain. Now, this is the guy who can have teeth filled and extracted with absolutely no anesthetic. He had a lot of ear infections as a child.

@VelociRapture, I can relate to the agoraphobia and (for me) sometimes crippling panic attacks. Mine came out of nowhere a handful of years ago and threw me for a complete loop. When it eventually turned into being unable to drive a car in the rain or when the roads were busy or a host of other reasons, I finally went to see someone who prescribed something that helped. Not having insurance anymore has meant I'm without that prescription now though. : (

And I'm right there with you on the shark thing, too! I was three or four when I saw Jaws on network tv (what were my parents thinking?). It didn't matter how many times my family tried to explain that the shark was fake, I had a very real fear that Jaws would come up through the toilet to get me- if not when I sat down then surely he was waiting for me to reach for the handle to flush. Baths were out altogether and I even stood at the far end of the shower for awhile because I refused to take chances with the flimsy drain cover being able to keep him out, lol! 

We just got back from the Bahamas and my husband said, "Next time I want to pay for the excursion where you get to swim with sharks at Atlantis!"  I thought he meant in a shark cage until he showed me a picture of some other idiot who paid good money to get into an aquarium sans cage and have sharks close enough to eat you. I squeezed headship's hand and said, "Ten years was a good run..." 

14 hours ago, PumaLover said:

I keep getting the ads on Facebook for the peel off charcoal masks that show tons of blackheads coming out. I want to order some but I haven't really seen reviews by people who have tried it.

I want to try that, but I just can't bring myself to use charcoal masks, because it looks like blackface. It's obviously a skincare mask, but ugh, it still feels so wrong. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I want to try that, but I just can't bring myself to use charcoal masks, because it looks like blackface. It's obviously a skincare mask, but ugh, it still feels so wrong. 

I don't dare to try them since I have seen a lot of videos of 'charcoal masks gone wrong'

I've noticed some hearing loss in one of my ears and I was really hoping that it was caused by wax build up. I hoped that I could have it cleaned out and have great hearing again. My doctor had a good look and told me it was "clean as a whistle". I guess I just have permanent hearing loss in that ear. :(

I hope your hearing doesn’t deteriorate, @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?.  I’ve got to book myself in for a hearing test too, because my husband and daughter are complaining about me not hearing them.  And I know I have trouble hearing if there’s background noise,  I am hoping the doctor just tells me I have an ear full of wax.  

Good luck, @Karma! I hope you have very waxy ears. :my_biggrin:

In my case, I specifically noticed the loss when I was listening to music while lying on my side in bed. If I'm lying with my "bad" ear up, the music sounds much softer and I miss some notes on music with a wide range, like classical music. With music with less high and low notes, it just sounds softer.

It isn't causing too much trouble yet in my daily life, but I need to go for a hearing test one of these days. I've tried to guess or remember when I did something that would have hurt one ear more than the other, but so far, all I have is guesses. I wish we could regenerate damaged parts of our ears. All the more reason to teach my kids to protect their hearing!

Agh, the struggle to get kids to understand that blasting their music through their earphones isn’t good.  My dad has worn hearing aids since he was younger than me. His sister had hearing problems too, as did their father (actually, grandad had hearing aids but didn’t wear them often...they were usually in his drawer as he really didn’t like listening to nan).   I’m still hoping my hearing problems are due to wax though. :) 

About fears: I have never been a pet person, which is a very unpopular opinion, I know. However, in the last few years, I have become afraid of dogs and it is a nightmare. My street is full of them and my family members insist on bringing their dogs to every holiday and bbq. A family member came to meet my newborn last week and brought their dog. It's just been awful. People are obsessed with dogs and I am embarrassed to admit that I am afraid of them. Yikes. 

4 hours ago, coexist said:

@VelociRapture, I can relate to the agoraphobia and (for me) sometimes crippling panic attacks. Mine came out of nowhere a handful of years ago and threw me for a complete loop. When it eventually turned into being unable to drive a car in the rain or when the roads were busy or a host of other reasons, I finally went to see someone who prescribed something that helped. Not having insurance anymore has meant I'm without that prescription now though. : (

And I'm right there with you on the shark thing, too! I was three or four when I saw Jaws on network tv (what were my parents thinking?). It didn't matter how many times my family tried to explain that the shark was fake, I had a very real fear that Jaws would come up through the toilet to get me- if not when I sat down then surely he was waiting for me to reach for the handle to flush. Baths were out altogether and I even stood at the far end of the shower for awhile because I refused to take chances with the flimsy drain cover being able to keep him out, lol! 

We just got back from the Bahamas and my husband said, "Next time I want to pay for the excursion where you get to swim with sharks at Atlantis!"  I thought he meant in a shark cage until he showed me a picture of some other idiot who paid good money to get into an aquarium sans cage and have sharks close enough to eat you. I squeezed headship's hand and said, "Ten years was a good run..." 

Yeah, I haven’t spoken to anyone yet because mine isn’t too bad at this point. If I have the baby with me I’ll be uncomfortable and nervous, but I can usually power through it at this point. I think it’s getting better as she gets more robust with age, but I expect it’ll flare up again if I become pregnant again or welcome a second baby. 

As for my fear of sharks... that’s just good common sense and self preservation.

(And my reaction would have been the same as your’s! :pb_lol:)

9 hours ago, nst said:

There was a lot of speculating across the internet as to why they were leaving their show. I think this is probably the reason. They might want more privacy in order to really enjoy the pregnancy together and get settled in as a family of seven. Which, if that’s the case, good for them. And for me. I can only take so many mentions of shiplap before I’m forced to change the channel. :pb_lol:

I'm pretty sure I have a small amount of a pretty specific type of claustrophobia. I only get it if I'm in an enclosed space surrounded by water or that could be surrounded by water. I could go on and on about it, but being in cars on bridges is the worst for me. I've met several other people who deal with this. I also had a surprising experience a few years ago that somewhat alleviated the panic.

1 hour ago, Karma said:

Agh, the struggle to get kids to understand that blasting their music through their earphones isn’t good.  

*snip*

Preach! During my senior year in high school, there were these trendy cell phone "ringtones" that were just really high pitched sounds. The logic was that students could hear them but faculty couldn't, although of course there was significant overlap.

Anyway, I played percussion and one day during drumline practice, we decided to test it out (with only HS students and a young coach or two around). Almost none of us could hear it clearly (I barely could). We tried to laugh it off but it was actually sort of sad. 

Earplugs at practice became a lot more socially acceptable after that ;) I wish I'd taken hearing loss warnings more seriously. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

*snip*

There was a lot of speculating across the internet as to why they were leaving their show. I think this is probably the reason. They might want more privacy in order to really enjoy the pregnancy together and get settled in as a family of seven. Which, if that’s the case, good for them. And for me. I can only take so many mentions of shiplap before I’m forced to change the channel. :pb_lol:

Agreed- if they're leaving TV to enjoy their lives and focus on their babies, then good for them. I'm sure another family or two could take a leaf out of their book.

I've never watched the show, but I Google it a lot to follow FJ threads. I'm ashamed to admit that I love her style, shiplap and all. Their homophobic church gives me great pause, but otherwise, Magnolia would totally be on my tourism to-do list.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived